McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 7034816600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30AM-10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 11:30AM-11:00PM
Sunday 11:30AM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Ferguson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: In the bar:
Thurs 80's night starts at 10pm
Fri Dance starts at 11pm
Sat Top 40 starts at 11pm
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
At McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the Reston Town Center, our hallmark is the freshest fish and seafood from around the world served in a traditional decor. Our fresh daily menu highlights favorites from our Pacific Northestern origins-Alaskan King Salmon, Wild halibut, and Northwest Oysters-along with East Coast Specialties like Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab and Maine Lobster. All this is presented in a handsome decor of rich mahogany accented with copper paneling, custom chandeliers and Virginia-themed stained glass ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)good for groups (59)great for lunch (49)fit for foodies (39)romantic (38)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (27)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Out of special...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Waitress was unaware one of the specials was not available. Two of our party had to choose another selection. A third party had to choose a different side, again after the order had been submitted, as they were out of a particular type of "mashed potatoes." What they did have to serve was very good. This was a Sunday evening at 7:30 and the restaurant was half empty. :/I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!JanetVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was shocked to see some reviews complaining about the service. We eat there every few months and have NEVER had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentBritneyBDined on 8/16/2014Not at all what we expected. Seats in booth had bread crumbs on them and window sills needed to be cleaned. Wine glass was dirty. Service was lacking and not at all professional. Food was extremely mediocre, especially for the prices charged. Salmon was overcooked, lobster tasted like it has been sitting around for awhile and beef medallions (or should I say one medallion) was tiny and tough. The bread (which we had to ask for twice) was a tiny/cold portion for the 4 of us and it was stale. We were so disappointed. This was our first experience with this restaurant and I guess it will be our last.
- Great Lunch VenueRaven97Dined on 8/15/2014M&S has a great lunch menu that is delicious. My favorite is the Blackened Catfish with a corn sauce on it but the Cedar Salmon is excellent also. This was a business lunch and the service was very good without being annoying. Parking garage was right across the street from the restaurant. If you want a quiet place to have a business lunch at Reston Town Center, M&S is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealJonnyBDined on 8/12/2014Never had a bad meal here. Not a big fan of the place for dinner but love it for lunch. Crab sandwich is a favorite.Special Features:
- DannyDined on 8/10/2014Food was good. Server took a long time to take food order after bringing our drinks.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningDCVolDined on 8/9/2014We met old friends and the staff took perfect care of us - the food and fellowship were outstanding. The secluded table was the perfect location.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneMarkVIPDined on 8/9/2014Whether it is seafood or meat this restaurant cooks both very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We were spoiled by the attentive service and great food! Our fish was cooked perfectly and the portions were generous but not too much.Special Features:
- Superb service and foodSatisfied123Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is immaculate. The staff is very attentive, knowledgeable and well versed in customer service. Every morsel melted in my mouth. I strongly recommend that anyone interested in an excellent meal within a cozy atmosphere, make reservations right now.Special Features:
- Great food. Noisy bar area.operiusDined on 8/5/2014Food was great. I got the center cut steak and asked it to be well done (burnt). The waitress actually listened! Burnt to a crisp on the outside, well done and still tender on the inside. The first time in my life a restaurant listened and made my steak right. Oh and the char tasted great as well (grin!). My wife got the shrimp scampi and it was delicious. The appetizer was calamari and it was ok - it was a style we were not used to. We like the Asian preparation better. The only real complaint was the bar noise and the muzak were too loud. Whatever you do, unless you are into the bar scene, insist on getting a table far from the bar area. This was my first visit to M&S so I did not know how bad it would be. THEY were having fun at the bar!
- Great FoodMcCormickGreatLocationDined on 8/2/2014Food was very good but did not raise to the level of the cost. Waiter was mediocre at best. Got the food order mixed up and did not take responsibility for errors. Also, could have been more attentive. My party of 5 was in a private booth which was excellent as it cut down on noise level.
- Dependably WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Never a bad meal at this restaurant and they keep the menu fresh and inviting.Special Features:
- morandcVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent "Birthday Dinner" for one of our close friends. Serve was excellent. Menu offerings were varied & very tasty. Blue Crab Dip is worth mentioning as is the Wahoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disconnect with the kitchenTigermumDined on 8/2/2014With an early 6 p.m. reservation we were disappointed at how long it took to get served. Drinks and appetizers were slow to arrive, then one dish came but the other didn't. I eventually started mine and even eating slowly had almost finished by the time my husband's salad came, then the main courses showed up while he was only half way through. We ordered more drinks, and those too came very slowly. The server couldn't have been more pleasant, but the bar and kitchen seemed unable to coordinate or keep up. Food was very good when it got there.Special Features:
- Great dinneranthonyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Sat in private dining. A great meal. Service was outstanding. Will be back.Special Features:
- M&S Dinner Reviewbusdine2Dined on 7/30/2014Everything was great, except service. Server was a really nice kid, but was not ready for "prime time" at a restaurant of M&S level (at least, he didn't perform at my level of expectation). Maybe training program, maybe individual lack of capability are the reasons...in any case, as the host of this business dinner, I was a bit disappointed in the service. Otherwise, great experience as always.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary 2014BirthdayDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed our 29th anniversary dinner here. Our waitress took very good care of our dining experience and the food was delicious as always. They gave us a complimentary dessert as well. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensiveJollyMonDined on 7/26/2014The food was above average but certainly not worth the $175.00 that our total check came to for 2 of us. Our waitress certainly tired her best but made several blunders. All and all I was very disappointed in both the food and the service as there are several other higher end restaurants in the area that we could have dined at for far less and had a better experience.
- Ok, but not worth the priceRestontownie1Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went to McCormick's for date night. I had never been to the restaurant, just the bar. We thought it was going to be fantastic because their bar food is amazing! But we we're disappointed. My husband had one of the chef specials, the swordfish, and he said it wasn't somthing that he would order again. I had the scallops and again, they were just okay. Our main dish took a long time coming out and it was not very busy when we were there. The waiter neglected to tell us that the salads he offered with our main dishes were not included, but cost an additional $8! The waiter was overly loud and did not listen well. So overall, I would not go back, there are better restaurants in the town center in that price range.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Good Md. crab soup, great crab cake and wonderful dessertSpecial Features:
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014It's a shame the food and service had gone downhill at the McCormick And Schmicks in Reston. It went from a white tablecloth restaurant to rubber placemats. We ordered a bottle of standard everyday wine and we were told they didn't have any. The food was fair at best and definitely not worth the prices charged. I let them know my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and it was completely ignored.
- Excellent Food and ServiceWillieDined on 7/20/2014The end of a perfect day with my family. Dinner and the service were amazing! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent...BronxYankeeDined on 7/19/2014A decent restaurant with decent food at decent prices.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownhillRunklesx2Dined on 7/17/2014The table was dirty with crumbs, especially when the waiter took up the extra placemats and tableware. Waiter noticed it too but said nothing. Crumbs on my bread plate too! My husband ordered a Chef Special, Miso Chilean Sea Bass dinner. I ordered, pointing to the Salmon we both had an iceberg wedge. My salmon did not include sides, so I ordered asparagus as well. Both the bread and salads were good. My husband's order was correct. Mine was not. He had given me a different salmon dinner listed in the Chef's Specials and nixed my asparagus. My order-not good. Waiter, not attentive. The person refilling our water- great! Should have gone to Jackson's down the street! Quality of dining experience not equal to $$$! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!
- A comedy of errorsDiner65Dined on 7/13/2014Sunday night, light crowd when we arrived. 20 minutes to get - my sifes water had a huge silverfish in the glass. Ordered appetizers and main dishes. appetizers came in 10 minutes. 45 minutes later waiter informed us that there was a glitch and main dish orders were just going in. 20 minutes later got main dish. Creamed spinach and potatoes were cool/room temperature. My steak, which I ordered medium rare arrived medium well-well done. After all this, a manager still did not come over and all the waiter did was apologize. I got up to advise there were these issues, then a manager came over and said they would "do something". They ended up taking off my wife's appetizer and my steak, and giving the table (6 of us) free desserts.Special Features:
- out of fish?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/12/2014my guest and i could not get our first choice of entree because they were out of our choices. this was not late in the evening, but for a 730pm reservation
- Poor, slow level of serviceBeachloverVIPDined on 7/12/2014Don't usually take the time to write reviews, but service was extremely slow. Even if the server and/or kitchen is busy, you would expect the server to check in, clear plates, refresh drinks, etc. and explain/apologize for any delay. It took over a half hour for two chicken fingers from the kids menu to arrive, and 15 minutes for my drink order. When we brought the issue to the manager' attention, he disappeared and eventually arrived with the chicken fingers, with little explanation or cures for our very unpleasant dining experience, other than comping the kids meal. Even the check took 10 minutes. We decided to still give the standard 20% gratuity, but the server didn't seem to care as if she had already written off our table.
- Vast improvementTigermumDined on 7/12/2014We hadn't been to M&S for a while due to poor service in the past. Vast improvement on this visit. Server brought the wrong wines and swapped them immediately with an apology. The previous silly little water glasses have been replaced by proper glasses, and the menu has been simplified, but in a good way. All the food was excellent on this visit. We'll put this restaurant back into our regular rotation.Special Features:
- Bring a jacket or sweaterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014The food here is great, fresh to delicious and they have a Gluten Free menu. However, on this trip out table was dirt when we sat down. Crumbs, a sticky spot, and the the water glasses had smudges. Nothing outrages but not up to the standard I would expect, for this place. Also the place is an ice box, they are blasting the AC. We have been before know this issues and where prepared, however I could see that other guesses when unconformable in the cold.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far best overall satisfactionSP14Dined on 7/11/2014They were running behind schedule; got to our table and we got the attention we wanted. Free wifi was good and used to check-in to Fb. Food was good, and quantity was about average; thought the bowl of soup would be larger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good. Needs updated menuLtrmanDined on 7/9/2014Food was good and service. Could used updated menu. Fresh fish dishes need more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casualdinerDined on 7/5/2014They never disappoint. We always have a great dining experience at McCormick and Schmick'sSpecial Features:
- Disappointing 4th July visitJudiWDined on 7/4/2014After waiting 10 minutes to be greeted for our booking, we were ignored in preference to answering the phone. When eventually shown to our snug, our first server did not appear to be familiar with the drinks menu, or what was available. Our drinks did not all arrive together, our main course arrived about 55 minutes after we had arrived, althoigh it was quite early in the evening an the restaurant was not busy. The food was, at best, average, and the stuffed shrimp was greasy and tasteless. Having eaten at this restaurant many times over several years, and choosing it for a special event, I was very disappointed indeed.
- Will not be coming back, Ever!benw301Dined on 7/4/2014When you are paying $30+ for lobster and steak (no sides included) you either expect a decent portion of mediocre steak and lobster or a small portion of higher quality steak and lobster. I got neither, what was brought to the table was a very small lobster that had to be shredded with a fork because it was too tough for the knife and 5 small medallions of a tough fatty steak. This combined with the ridiculous wait times in a restaurant that was almost completely empty will prevent me from ever coming back.
- McCormick & Schmick'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014I booked M & S for my wife's birthday, 04 July. I made the reservation for 6pm. We decided to have a drink at the bar and the first thing we noticed was it was so cold in the restaurant. I talked with one of the servers and she said that "the air conditioning was broken for a few days and now it was working on overload". We decided to tough it out and moved to the dining area. That part of the restaurants was not much better. Through out our dining experience my wife as well as other customers were constantly rubbing their arms. We decided to order the Steak and Lobster special 34.99., we ordered 2, one each. The lobster was extremely salty and not happy with the meal at all. In all we paid over $100. We could not wait to leave.
- Lovely eveningboodyjownsDined on 6/30/2014Perfect early dinner site--not too crowded, but pleasantly buzzing. Welcoming and attentive service...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty goodZmanDined on 6/27/2014We went there for dinner, arrived 10 minutes early and had to wait about 15 minutes for our table. It was OK since we arrrived early and wanted a booth. The food was pretty good, the only thing that they could dp better is not to put too much butter on top of the fish. Our waitress was freindly and took good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary mealNitrojunkyVIPDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary. The food was fabulous and the staff allowed me to set up a table in advance complete with roses. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food and serviceFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014Disappointed in the service and quality of the food. Took a very long time to place our order and get our food. Server was not very friendly. Halibut was tasteless and portion was very small for $38. Would not go back since it seems to have gone downhill.Special Features: