McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 7034816600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30AM-10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 11:30AM-11:00PM
Sunday 11:30AM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Ferguson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: In the bar:
Thurs 80's night starts at 10pm
Fri Dance starts at 11pm
Sat Top 40 starts at 11pm
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
At McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the Reston Town Center, our hallmark is the freshest fish and seafood from around the world served in a traditional decor. Our fresh daily menu highlights favorites from our Pacific Northestern origins-Alaskan King Salmon, Wild halibut, and Northwest Oysters-along with East Coast Specialties like Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab and Maine Lobster. All this is presented in a handsome decor of rich mahogany accented with copper paneling, custom chandeliers and Virginia-themed stained glass ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (49)great for lunch (47)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (19)hot spot (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Mc&SalhaDined on 10/21/2014The food here is always excellent & this time didn't disappoint. At the beginning the server came by a lot when we just wanted to talk, but once we sorted out things service was great. I'll keep returningSpecial Features:
- Food was greatSetpointVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had the Steak and. Lobster and it was very good. Service was a bit slow due to the fact that our server appeared to be attending to a lot of tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGR8experienceDined on 10/18/2014McCormick and Schmick's never disappoints - great seafood!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great experience. I wonderful ambiance, wonderful cocktail and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife Birthday Dinnerjpv62Dined on 10/17/2014Took my wife out on her birthday for dinner at this restaurant. This is very nice restaurant with great food and drinks. I would highly recommend to for any special occasions you might be planning. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014The atmosphere was very elegant and classy but not stuffy. There were lots of couples there for the high school Homecoming so it was a nice, energetic crowd. The food choices were excellent and my meal was delicious (I had the scallops). I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 10/11/2014The Hostess was not very friendly, no of our wine choices, from the menu, were available and it took a very long time for the food to be delivered, not what I usually expect from McCormick & Schmick.
- Friendly and watched my back...CartireDined on 10/10/2014I absolutely love this restaurant...they are able to anticipate what I need...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and ConsistentFrequentdinerMDVIPDined on 10/9/2014Go to lunch and dinner place for business. Good food, great service, fair prices. Consistent across the chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great seafoodfinconcoDined on 10/8/2014Portions were ample sized and well plated. Deliciously prepared seafood, and we've dined several times as a result. Waiter was appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceSydMomDined on 10/5/2014Two words: LOBSTER BISQUE! I ordered the bisque and the husband and daughter ordered clam chowder (which was quite good as well). They couldn't keep their spoons out of my bisque!Special Features:
- Always great foodLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food is always great - the waiter and service were fantastic. My wife and I had Shrimp Trio and scallops - Devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best to order the seafoodBethDined on 10/2/2014Service in both bar and restaurant is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close, Fast, and DeliciousJLebowskiDined on 9/30/2014Great location just off Reston Town Center. Quick rendezvous for a business meeting. Service is fast and efficient, but you'll want to stay to savor the fantastic entres. Try the two course lunch, but make a special trip to enjoy the lobster bisque. Creamy bisque served over generous chunks of lobster. Marvelous. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014I don't really want to dine here again. Portions small. Food came out cold. Service slow. Nothing to recommend. Was sorry I chose to dine here.
- Overall ImpressionluvseafoodDined on 9/28/2014Friendly welcome. Attentive staff. Appetizer and meal presentation, quantity, and taste very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had problems from the start. When I made the reservation I requested one of the 'Snugs', the booths around the outside of the main dining area. We had to wait, which was fine, because two of the groups were taking a long time so we went to the bar. We were then seated when the issues started. Either no one was assigned to our table or they just didn't realize we were there. Someone came and poured water. Then someone else took my wife's wine order. Ten minutes later still no wine and no one had stopped by to ask about appetizers, tell us about specials, nothing. Finally got the hostess to send someone and track down the drinks. Crab legs were so over-steamed you couldn't crack them because they were too pliable. Just a messSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICEluludineDined on 9/27/2014My guest asked for a cocktail of Canadian Club and 7-UP. She was given a Club soda with white wine. The server had no idea what a Canadian Club cocktail was and did not handle it well. The food was good however we waited a very long time to get our meals.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014We love the private boots for our group's needs! Appreciate the flexibility in adapting to our fluctuating attendee numbers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillDined on 9/21/2014Great special menu items, great service. Recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Good seafood restaurantYie4209Dined on 9/21/2014The food was very fresh. Good seafood dishes. Nice brunch selection, too. Would like to see steak Benedict.Special Features:
- M&S Didn't DisappointredlegbobDined on 9/20/2014Tasty dishes (seafood trio especially), great drinks/wine, and service with a smile; and all with no wait. Combined that with window seats on one side and the TVs tuned to the football games on the other made for a fabulous Saturday dinner.Special Features:
- G8foodDined on 9/19/2014Service was so slow, our appetizers were served on time but our entrees took over an hour.Special Features:
- Prepare for a-la-cartBJinVADined on 9/18/2014Prices have gone up and the quantity down, everything seems to be a la cart or additional costs to change a vegetable. Not what we remembered. Salmon was overcooked. Usually a manger would come over if food was sent back. They did allow birthday cake from outside, so that was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere Good for BusinessRichBDined on 9/18/2014The private booth areas are great for a quiet business meeting. The food was great, and the service was excellent - our service attentive to our needs, but respecting the fact that we were having business discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlinkyDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food and service that made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Good foodShyguyDined on 9/14/2014We had a great time, good food and were not rushed at all.The waiter fulfilled all our needs and we had no problems.Special Features:
- Step above Red LobsterHappynowDined on 9/13/2014Always thought this restaurant was a high end place. The service was excellent, but the food....vegetables tasted precooked, I had the seafood trio....shrimp were small and over cooked. The plate was soaked in butter and the salmon was like Burg king special. We would not come back to this place!!!
- You get what you pay forPickyDined on 9/11/2014Little pricey, but classy atmosphere and fine food! It may seem expensive to eat at often, but you definitely feel it was worth every penny by the time you walk out the door.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014I have eaten and several locations of this chain. The food is always reliable and good. At this location specifically the service was awful. Our reservation was for 7:15 and the table wasn't ready until 7:45. The highschool kid working the reception desk said "it would be ready in a few minutes". He was clueless. The waiter was unprofessional and wasn't trained well. The wine I ordered was out of stock. We weren't informed of that until seconds before the food arrived. I would not go back to this location. It was clear that no one was in charge or cared about the service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014After the two of us were seated at a table set for four we waited 35 min before any wait staff acknowledged our presence.No water, no offer of a cocktail,and no removal of extra place settings.The waitress did not know what beer was available and never bothered to check . Asked for an IPA and a glass of the 'featured' wine. The restaurant was out of the featured wine, and we were told there was no IPA.After physically going to the bar ourselves,after another long wait ,we saw that they had 2 IPA's on tap! The unresponsive waitress poured ice tea into our water glasses and begrudgingly went on her way. We asked for the bill and departed the restaurant never to return again.
- Great as usualMmsmVIPDined on 9/6/2014We often go to McCormick & Schmick's and have never been disappointed. The service was slow this time (we found out that it was the waiter's first night - understandable), but nothing to go crazy about. We love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day SpecialBe4theshowDined on 9/1/2014I was attracted by your ad for steak and lobster. My party of four all had that special and we were all pleased with that choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs management to wake upFormerhappypatronDined on 8/31/2014Service was very slow by a server who would have been acceptable if he were working at a street vendor. My party did not appreciate his less than refined service. McCormick and Schmick used to be a pleasant up-scale local restaurant. Now it seems more to be a crude corner bar.
- Nice eveningJMC008Dined on 8/30/2014Value was very good (special steak 'n lobster), service was very good+, food was well prepared and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choicePinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Usually pretty consistent place to eat. We both had the special they were running, Beef medallions with Lobster tail, and it was good. Service was a little slow considering it wasn't that crowded but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerfriendlyDined on 8/30/2014We always have enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The service is great and the food as well. It is a nice restaurant to take friends out to lunch or dinner for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the prices?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Our dining experience was, generally, favorable ("Good" by your measures). I rated the noise level "Energetic" because of a small but boisterous birthday party in another room that was often distracting. My main point is value - I think their prices are high for a chain restaurant compared to other steak, seafood, or both chains we frequent. Drink prices were also high but I've gotten use to such prices living in the D.C. area. I don't like it but I've gotten used to it. This is not a restaurant I would frequent. It was nice for a special occasion we were celebrating but I think my dining dollars would go much farther without any diminishment of quality or creativity someplace else.
- CraigOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great table, thanks to manager Craig..we was great!
- FfxDnDined on 8/29/2014Service was relatively slow. Food was mediocre at best. Really wish I had chosen somewhere else.