McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
11920 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 7034816600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30AM-10:00PM
Friday - Saturday: 11:30AM-11:00PM
Sunday 11:30AM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Ferguson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: In the bar:
Thurs 80's night starts at 10pm
Fri Dance starts at 11pm
Sat Top 40 starts at 11pm
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston
At McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the Reston Town Center, our hallmark is the freshest fish and seafood from around the world served in a traditional decor. Our fresh daily menu highlights favorites from our Pacific Northestern origins-Alaskan King Salmon, Wild halibut, and Northwest Oysters-along with East Coast Specialties like Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab and Maine Lobster. All this is presented in a handsome decor of rich mahogany accented with copper paneling, custom chandeliers and Virginia-themed stained glass ceilings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)good for groups (50)great for lunch (44)fit for foodies (40)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (27)great for brunch (27)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Step above Red LobsterHappynowDined on 9/13/2014Always thought this restaurant was a high end place. The service was excellent, but the food....vegetables tasted precooked, I had the seafood trio....shrimp were small and over cooked. The plate was soaked in butter and the salmon was like Burg king special. We would not come back to this place!!!
- You get what you pay forPickyDined on 9/11/2014Little pricey, but classy atmosphere and fine food! It may seem expensive to eat at often, but you definitely feel it was worth every penny by the time you walk out the door.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014I have eaten and several locations of this chain. The food is always reliable and good. At this location specifically the service was awful. Our reservation was for 7:15 and the table wasn't ready until 7:45. The highschool kid working the reception desk said "it would be ready in a few minutes". He was clueless. The waiter was unprofessional and wasn't trained well. The wine I ordered was out of stock. We weren't informed of that until seconds before the food arrived. I would not go back to this location. It was clear that no one was in charge or cared about the service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014After the two of us were seated at a table set for four we waited 35 min before any wait staff acknowledged our presence.No water, no offer of a cocktail,and no removal of extra place settings.The waitress did not know what beer was available and never bothered to check . Asked for an IPA and a glass of the 'featured' wine. The restaurant was out of the featured wine, and we were told there was no IPA.After physically going to the bar ourselves,after another long wait ,we saw that they had 2 IPA's on tap! The unresponsive waitress poured ice tea into our water glasses and begrudgingly went on her way. We asked for the bill and departed the restaurant never to return again.
- Great as usualMmsmVIPDined on 9/6/2014We often go to McCormick & Schmick's and have never been disappointed. The service was slow this time (we found out that it was the waiter's first night - understandable), but nothing to go crazy about. We love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day SpecialBe4theshowDined on 9/1/2014I was attracted by your ad for steak and lobster. My party of four all had that special and we were all pleased with that choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs management to wake upFormerhappypatronDined on 8/31/2014Service was very slow by a server who would have been acceptable if he were working at a street vendor. My party did not appreciate his less than refined service. McCormick and Schmick used to be a pleasant up-scale local restaurant. Now it seems more to be a crude corner bar.
- Nice eveningJMC008Dined on 8/30/2014Value was very good (special steak 'n lobster), service was very good+, food was well prepared and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choicePinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Usually pretty consistent place to eat. We both had the special they were running, Beef medallions with Lobster tail, and it was good. Service was a little slow considering it wasn't that crowded but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerfriendlyDined on 8/30/2014We always have enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The service is great and the food as well. It is a nice restaurant to take friends out to lunch or dinner for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the prices?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Our dining experience was, generally, favorable ("Good" by your measures). I rated the noise level "Energetic" because of a small but boisterous birthday party in another room that was often distracting. My main point is value - I think their prices are high for a chain restaurant compared to other steak, seafood, or both chains we frequent. Drink prices were also high but I've gotten use to such prices living in the D.C. area. I don't like it but I've gotten used to it. This is not a restaurant I would frequent. It was nice for a special occasion we were celebrating but I think my dining dollars would go much farther without any diminishment of quality or creativity someplace else.
- CraigOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great table, thanks to manager Craig..we was great!
- FfxDnDined on 8/29/2014Service was relatively slow. Food was mediocre at best. Really wish I had chosen somewhere else.
- Very Consistant Over the YearsKimKDined on 8/28/2014My extended family have been coming here for special occasions several times a year for the past 10 years. Always great service and always happy with the food. If something is overlooked, the staff is quick & courteous to make it right. Will continue to dine here in the future. It is a solid choice for my family.Special Features:
- Another great mealHarryMargaretDined on 8/28/2014we love this gem. every wednesday we do happy hour and twice a month use dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of special...SomewhatsatifisfiedDined on 8/24/2014Waitress was unaware one of the specials was not available. Two of our party had to choose another selection. A third party had to choose a different side, again after the order had been submitted, as they were out of a particular type of "mashed potatoes." What they did have to serve was very good. This was a Sunday evening at 7:30 and the restaurant was half empty. :/I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!JanetVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was shocked to see some reviews complaining about the service. We eat there every few months and have NEVER had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentBritneyBDined on 8/16/2014Not at all what we expected. Seats in booth had bread crumbs on them and window sills needed to be cleaned. Wine glass was dirty. Service was lacking and not at all professional. Food was extremely mediocre, especially for the prices charged. Salmon was overcooked, lobster tasted like it has been sitting around for awhile and beef medallions (or should I say one medallion) was tiny and tough. The bread (which we had to ask for twice) was a tiny/cold portion for the 4 of us and it was stale. We were so disappointed. This was our first experience with this restaurant and I guess it will be our last.
- Great Lunch VenueRaven97Dined on 8/15/2014M&S has a great lunch menu that is delicious. My favorite is the Blackened Catfish with a corn sauce on it but the Cedar Salmon is excellent also. This was a business lunch and the service was very good without being annoying. Parking garage was right across the street from the restaurant. If you want a quiet place to have a business lunch at Reston Town Center, M&S is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealJonnyBDined on 8/12/2014Never had a bad meal here. Not a big fan of the place for dinner but love it for lunch. Crab sandwich is a favorite.Special Features:
- DannyDined on 8/10/2014Food was good. Server took a long time to take food order after bringing our drinks.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningDCVolDined on 8/9/2014We met old friends and the staff took perfect care of us - the food and fellowship were outstanding. The secluded table was the perfect location.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneMarkVIPDined on 8/9/2014Whether it is seafood or meat this restaurant cooks both very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We were spoiled by the attentive service and great food! Our fish was cooked perfectly and the portions were generous but not too much.Special Features:
- Superb service and foodSatisfied123Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is immaculate. The staff is very attentive, knowledgeable and well versed in customer service. Every morsel melted in my mouth. I strongly recommend that anyone interested in an excellent meal within a cozy atmosphere, make reservations right now.Special Features:
- Great food. Noisy bar area.operiusDined on 8/5/2014Food was great. I got the center cut steak and asked it to be well done (burnt). The waitress actually listened! Burnt to a crisp on the outside, well done and still tender on the inside. The first time in my life a restaurant listened and made my steak right. Oh and the char tasted great as well (grin!). My wife got the shrimp scampi and it was delicious. The appetizer was calamari and it was ok - it was a style we were not used to. We like the Asian preparation better. The only real complaint was the bar noise and the muzak were too loud. Whatever you do, unless you are into the bar scene, insist on getting a table far from the bar area. This was my first visit to M&S so I did not know how bad it would be. THEY were having fun at the bar!
- Great FoodMcCormickGreatLocationDined on 8/2/2014Food was very good but did not raise to the level of the cost. Waiter was mediocre at best. Got the food order mixed up and did not take responsibility for errors. Also, could have been more attentive. My party of 5 was in a private booth which was excellent as it cut down on noise level.
- Dependably WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Never a bad meal at this restaurant and they keep the menu fresh and inviting.Special Features:
- morandcVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent "Birthday Dinner" for one of our close friends. Serve was excellent. Menu offerings were varied & very tasty. Blue Crab Dip is worth mentioning as is the Wahoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disconnect with the kitchenTigermumDined on 8/2/2014With an early 6 p.m. reservation we were disappointed at how long it took to get served. Drinks and appetizers were slow to arrive, then one dish came but the other didn't. I eventually started mine and even eating slowly had almost finished by the time my husband's salad came, then the main courses showed up while he was only half way through. We ordered more drinks, and those too came very slowly. The server couldn't have been more pleasant, but the bar and kitchen seemed unable to coordinate or keep up. Food was very good when it got there.Special Features:
- Great dinneranthonyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Sat in private dining. A great meal. Service was outstanding. Will be back.Special Features:
- M&S Dinner Reviewbusdine2Dined on 7/30/2014Everything was great, except service. Server was a really nice kid, but was not ready for "prime time" at a restaurant of M&S level (at least, he didn't perform at my level of expectation). Maybe training program, maybe individual lack of capability are the reasons...in any case, as the host of this business dinner, I was a bit disappointed in the service. Otherwise, great experience as always.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary 2014BirthdayDined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed our 29th anniversary dinner here. Our waitress took very good care of our dining experience and the food was delicious as always. They gave us a complimentary dessert as well. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensiveJollyMonDined on 7/26/2014The food was above average but certainly not worth the $175.00 that our total check came to for 2 of us. Our waitress certainly tired her best but made several blunders. All and all I was very disappointed in both the food and the service as there are several other higher end restaurants in the area that we could have dined at for far less and had a better experience.
- Ok, but not worth the priceRestontownie1Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went to McCormick's for date night. I had never been to the restaurant, just the bar. We thought it was going to be fantastic because their bar food is amazing! But we we're disappointed. My husband had one of the chef specials, the swordfish, and he said it wasn't somthing that he would order again. I had the scallops and again, they were just okay. Our main dish took a long time coming out and it was not very busy when we were there. The waiter neglected to tell us that the salads he offered with our main dishes were not included, but cost an additional $8! The waiter was overly loud and did not listen well. So overall, I would not go back, there are better restaurants in the town center in that price range.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Good Md. crab soup, great crab cake and wonderful dessertSpecial Features:
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014It's a shame the food and service had gone downhill at the McCormick And Schmicks in Reston. It went from a white tablecloth restaurant to rubber placemats. We ordered a bottle of standard everyday wine and we were told they didn't have any. The food was fair at best and definitely not worth the prices charged. I let them know my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and it was completely ignored.
- Excellent Food and ServiceWillieDined on 7/20/2014The end of a perfect day with my family. Dinner and the service were amazing! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent...BronxYankeeDined on 7/19/2014A decent restaurant with decent food at decent prices.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownhillRunklesx2Dined on 7/17/2014The table was dirty with crumbs, especially when the waiter took up the extra placemats and tableware. Waiter noticed it too but said nothing. Crumbs on my bread plate too! My husband ordered a Chef Special, Miso Chilean Sea Bass dinner. I ordered, pointing to the Salmon we both had an iceberg wedge. My salmon did not include sides, so I ordered asparagus as well. Both the bread and salads were good. My husband's order was correct. Mine was not. He had given me a different salmon dinner listed in the Chef's Specials and nixed my asparagus. My order-not good. Waiter, not attentive. The person refilling our water- great! Should have gone to Jackson's down the street! Quality of dining experience not equal to $$$! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!