McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Pasadena
111 North Los Robles
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/LosAngeles
- Phone: 6264050064x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:30am-2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:30am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alfredo Amado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Pasadena
Our casually elegant dining rooms feature mahogany woodwork and stained glass windows in a beautiful setting reminiscent of Pasadena's own "Greene and Greene" architectural style. Located in Plaze Las Fuentes, McCormick and Schmick's is nestled among beautiful fountains and sculptures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (30)great for lunch (23)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (13)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Always enjoyableempressDined on 8/27/2014Pleasant, tasty, large selection, and accruing pointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a BirthdayluvcfoodDined on 8/11/2014It was so nice to read, "HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY, MARLENE!" at the top of the menu! My dear friend of 64 years was delighted to see her name and birthday greetings on the menu. That was a very nice touch. At the end of our meal, while my friend excused herself for a few moments, the server came to ask if we wanted desserts, which we did. She also mentioned that there would be a special birthday treat for my friend. The treat was shared between my friend and my husband. I stuck to eating the sorbet which was mango and very delicious and refreshing. Due to my friend's husband's health issues, we had not been able to celebrate or have our special lunch at McCormick's since about three years ago. We'll return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBMBFishfanDined on 8/8/2014I haven't been here since Landry's took over but it doesn't seem to be a positive change. I ordered King Salmon pan seared and it was dry. How does that happen to a $39.00 entree. Our server was great the people who greeted us were very nice but that doesn't influence the kitchen. I don't like dessert but the brioche bread pudding that used to be on the menu was world class. We were told that Landry's eliminated the one item that had many write ups around town.
- onthevineDined on 8/7/2014It was a wonderful evening. Good food in a nice environment. Only negative, was the hard padded seat that was too afar away from where my wife was sitting. It was difficult for her to reach the food. Otherwise, it was a pleasant evening. Good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/7/2014Disappointed in waiter service….hard to find when needed….
- ICHIBAN!PasadenajohnDined on 8/3/2014How can you make an already GREAT PLACE evern better? If there is a way then I am sure it willbe handled and done. I love the food and experience of dining there and just everything about it!Special Features:
- O! Oysters !pasadenaDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful seafood meal, pigged out on oysters, other great seafood dishes, lovely wine, excellent service, a memorable meal indeed.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceIrishMikeDined on 8/1/2014My steak was fantastic, The wife had stuffed shrimps that were unbelievable I wish I would have ordered them. The service was great and we weren't rushed to leave. We had dinner with a friend we haven't seen in years so we talked and ate from, 6:30 to 9:30. Great place, good cocktails. Try happy hour, Claire is a great bartenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience but a few issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014We had a nice time. THe food was excellent. The table broek on both ends time adn time again and there is soemthing gross in the water. The issues were attended to by the staff in a prefessional way. The waiter was nice, professional, and knowledgeable. Just one thing was that he kept calling us my-lady and my-sir, which wouldn't have been as strange if he'd had a foreign accent but he seemed to be a valley guy so it felt weird. He was a good waiter though. The wine was excellent!Special Features:
- Holiday not so specialStonewalkDined on 7/4/2014Steak medallions were fatty & chewy. Bread was stale and hard. Salad was not fresh. Not a very good day for them.Special Features:
- Valerie Foucrier2cnbceneDined on 6/29/2014My entire group of 5 was pleased with our lunch experience. There was a very good selection of meals with a good range of prices. The personalized birthday menus and delicious molten lava cake and ice cream were unexpected delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice at NightSteveVIPDined on 6/14/2014I came here for my birthday gift from the Landry Club and was not dissapointed with the quality of the food and staff. It was not crowded and had a good selection of fresh fish. The only thing I would recommend to the restaurant is that the sourdough bread is not as fresh as I'm accustomed to.Special Features:
- What a nice "send off"Ricktheslick1Dined on 6/13/2014Celebrating my retirement after 33 years! It was a very, very nice place, the service from Hostess to Waitress was wonderful! Food was delicious and they were nice enough to personalize the menus commemorating my event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch too slow and offHungrycatDined on 6/13/2014The manager should be aware that business lunch service was too slow to be acceptable, orders were mishandled, and no accommodation was made.Special Features:
- Great Sea FoodBeiderbeckeDined on 6/11/2014I took friends there for a birthday lunch. They enjoyed all the food: the fish and chips, and the crap stuffed shrimp was superb. I always enjoy coming to McCormick & Schmick's. The server we had was very attentive. High praises all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!malcolmDined on 6/7/2014My wife & I have been coming to McCormick & Schmick's for year's and always enjoyed it here. We had dinner last saturday night and it was a disappointment! Service was slow. Ordered 2 Lobster & steaks dinner's and the portions were small. The lobster tail was about 3 ounces (appetizer) and the steak was tough.
- Good food let down by poor serviceLoveToDineDined on 6/7/2014This was my wife's and my first date night out in almost three years due to two very young children and finances. We decided the time was right for a special night out. We were late for our reservation and Dick the manager was very accommodating. Our server Nick had only three tables. He was very polite, knew the menu, and seemed nice. Unfortunately, after he delivered our entrée he disappeared. He passed by my empty wine glass sitting at the edge of the table four times with out noticing or stopping for more than 20 minutes. My wife wanted dessert but since he wouldn't come around we went and had dessert and more wine elsewhere. They lost money on that trip and future customers. I've eaten at M&S six times; never again at this one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I have been going to McCormick and Schmick for many years (more than 30 years). I really enjoy the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchMrMacDined on 5/18/2014Took my wife to Sunday Brunch for her birthday. The whole dining experience was "fantastic"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchRichardVIPDined on 5/16/2014Went to lunch here, good food and service was OK, the waitress didn't really check on me too much which was Ok however just thought she would have paid a little more attention to me since I was the only one in that section. Oriental salad is very good and filling for a quick lunch. Would recommend this place for dinner or lunch will be backSpecial Features:
- Great ladies night outluv2eatDined on 5/12/2014Never realize there was a McCormick & Schmick's Seafood at Pasadena. The area is nice. Since it was on a Monday evening, it was less crowded and the dinning area was very quiet. We got excellent service and food was great.Special Features:
- PdotVIPDined on 5/12/2014Our party went to M&S's because it is convenient to the Pasadena Auditorium. We found it on OpenTable. The restaurant is decorated in heavy wood, kind of old world effect. It was quiet, so we could actually hold a conversation. It was Monday evening so this could change during busier nights. The food was delicious. Three of our party had the sole encrusted with Parmeson cheese and it was great. A nice side is that they have complementary parking, a rarity in Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awfulWillDined on 5/11/2014We went here for mothers day for a party of 15. I was surprised to get a table as a last minute reservation. I considered myself a foodie and eaten some of the fanciest (Mellise, Providence, Arroyo Chophous, Bestia) and hole in the wall eatery (King Taco, Savoy chicken). We were all disappointed with the appetizer and main entree. We didn't dare to order the dessert to further our demise. Service was top notch and server was very friendly and attentive.
- Zoe BSummerDined on 5/11/2014The food was good. The service was fair. We were a bit surprised being that it was Mother's Day that there were no buss boys. We had to ask for water. Our waitress was not receptive to filling up our empty glasses with water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaypasadenadinerDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day. Sat on the patio. Nice atmosphere except for people from Calif Pizza Kitchen searching in wrong place for elevator and distracting us. Clam chowder was extremely good. Portions seemed a bit smaller than other fine restaurants. Seafood combo was very good, but could have had more shrimp. Salmon was the right amount and tasty. Mussels were good, but very small and not as many as elsewhere. Cesar salad was very good and large. Have a number of unique house cocktails. Waitress was nice, but too aggressive. We needed more time to look at the extensive menu. Finally figured out we'd be ready when we put our menus down. Huge wine selection. More expensive than other fine restaurants. We enjoyed ourselves and will go back.Special Features:
- A++++ServiceBelAirDined on 5/11/2014Great service provided by Waitress Lea. Her attention to detail for my party of 5 was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014I was surprised that the steak & lobster i got had a very small lobster tail (only 2 bites) whereas the steak & lobster plates brought to a guest at my table and to other tables were twice as big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Though we did not go on Mother's Day, this meal was to serve as a special Mother's Day dinner. The hostess was extremely friendly and informative and we started out our experience on a great note. It took about 15 minutes between the waiter introducing himself and his return to take our drink order. Apparently they were changing out a keg, taking another half hour to get our Sam Adams draft. It doesn't take that long to change a keg. My mom has a medical condition making it essential for minimal sodium intake and we were assured that they could accommodate. We were told that she could get a specific steamed vegetable medley and when served, they were different vegetables. They also put capers on her fish which are loaded with sodium.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MS-PasadenaDanVDined on 5/10/2014The food was well-prepared and of excellent quality. The chef was good enough to split a large Maine lobster for us, and the dessert was sensational. Erik waited on us with a friendly efficient manner. This particular McCormick & Schmick Restaurant excels others we've patronized. Validated parking provides convenient access to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Celebrated Mother's day hereBabieVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food was okay, but not so great. It's acceptable for its price range.Special Features:
- Sets the Standard...JGilVIPDined on 5/7/2014It has been a while since I ate at M&S and I had forgotten how truly enjoyable an experience it is. It's definitely one of the better seafood houses in Pasadena. Service was exceptional and making a reservation a breeze. The scallops were cooked to order. Crisp and delicious. The salmon was prepared perfectly. The lobster tail side order was to die for. The food presentation was amazing. A hidden secret here is the bar tender makes fabulous drinks. Great job... I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantluv2eatDined on 5/6/2014Our first time to try McCormick and Schmick's - asking ourselves why we waited so long. We were celebrating our anniversary and this was a perfect choice. We were greeted cordially when we entered and since it was early there was no waiting to be seated. The staff was very friendly and the waiter made some excellent recommendations. The seafood was perfectly prepared, the portions were sized for a multi course meal. From the "Firecracker Shrimp" to the "Upside Down Apple Pie" and everything in between - delicious! We definitely plan to dine with them again. PS - they validate for parking.Special Features:
- The following 1054 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Pasadena reviews archive.
- DisappointmentunhappyDined on 4/28/2014The service was ok, but the food was lousy. To begin with, the menu has limited selections. We ordered the blue point oyster as an appetizer, but it was nothing appetizing. The oyster smell so bad that it became obvious of not being safe to eat. We ordered the stuffed shrimp, and the live lobster for the main course. The shrimp was not that fresh and we did not see any lump crab meat as mentioned in the menu. The lobster was overcooked. It was absolute disappointment. May be we went to the wrong place for quality seafood.
- Great foodmaryslightDined on 4/28/2014We went for lunch to support the Pasadena Restaurant Week. McCormick & Schmick's was one of the restaurants participating with a great fixed choice for lunch. The food is always great and we love the ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:
- A great birthday celebration.CDThinksDined on 4/23/2014The food & service were delightful. soloman and all of the staff are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter LunchmaryslightDined on 4/20/2014We took my dad to enjoy an Easter lunch after attending our Easter service. He loved the clam chowder. My husband and I enjoyed our meals as well. Then of course being 91 years old he could not pass up on dessert. He enjoyed your creme brulee. The Host remembered my dad from another visit we made to the restaurant. Dad was very impressed as we were. Great meal and great service!Special Features:
- Quietly successfulFoodDudeVIPDined on 4/18/2014Not widely considered a "destination" place should not diminish the reputation of this quality fish house. Particularly at times when the staff and kitchen are not overloaded, the dining experience can be positively serene. Such was the case on an early Friday evening. Pristine grilled fish--fresh and perfectly cooked--along with crisp mixed vegetables and innovative salads and soups. Just another night at the office for this enduring chain. One we favor for repeat visits.Special Features:
- nice atmospheregailDined on 4/18/2014the service was very good, the staff were all very pleasant the food we had for lunch was very good would recommend it highlySpecial Features:
- Dinner UpdateGarinpasadenaDined on 4/12/2014Although the server was pleasant the drink that I received was not made correctly. An Arnold Palmer should be at least 1/2 to 2/3 tea and the rest lemonade. What I received was mainly lemonade. Then I asked to have another one to another server that brought our food and I told our server that I asked the other person and I ended up with two more Arnold Palmers. First, I shouldn't have to ask to get another drink it should automatically come. Secondly, there should be better communication amongst the servers. I still gave a fairly good tip to our server only because he seemed new and that he was trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Pasadena DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2014Fresh seafood and tasty drinks. Raw oysters were excellent.Special Features: