McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - New York
1285 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 2124591222x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Tracey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether planning a business meeting, rehearsal dinner or holiday party, you can count on McCormick & Schmick’s to create an event sure to be memorable with our excellent service, delicious food & unparalleled hospitality. Our flexible dining spaces & customized menus can accommodate any event need.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8885331961
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - New York
Whether you are looking for a pre-show dinner before heading to Radio City Music Hall or are joining us after a day in Central Park, we look forward to serving you. We are close to the Theater District, the famous 5th Avenue shopping, Radio City Music Hall, Top of the Rock and the Museum of Modern Art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)special occasion (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Restaurant closed for renovations.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014This was reserved by me for a special occasion and accepted by Open Table for 6/17. On 6/17 McCormick & Schmick's was closed for renovation. Open Table never contacted us about this, changed our reservation to 7/1 (without asking) and has not responded to my complaint to Open Table about this. Very disappointed that we did not get to dine at M&S - would like a response from Open Table.Special Features:
- UPDATE YOUR INFORMATIONButterflyVIPDined on 6/26/2014THIS LOCATION IS CLOSED!!! MY HUSBAND AND I WERE VERY UPSET ABOUT THE TIME AND MONEY (CABFARE) WE SPENT GETTING TO THE LOCATION ONLY TO FIND OUT IT WAS CLOSEDDDDDDD! PLEASE UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE ANYONE ELSE IS INCONVENIENCED.
- I Didn't See This ComingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I traveled to NY from Virginia for our anniversary on June 21. Our anniversary dinner was going to be at this restaurant. So after taking a cab to the restaurant you can imagine our surprise when we showed up and found the restaurant was closed...shut down. I had a reservation and the web site still showed this as being a good location. And no I was not contacted by anyone to this fact. I can't tell you how disappointed I was but more importantly I was angry that now I am standing in the middle of NY trying to figure out where to go at 7:30p to eat our special dinner. I am not sure who is responsible for this but I can tell you no customer should have to go through this. I would like an explanation.Special Features:
- Small portions.BronxbomberDined on 6/11/2014I had a shrimp dish. There were only 5 small shrimp, a tiny cucumber salad and a small scoop of white rice. I left the restaurant still hungry.
- A pleasant mealMarcFDined on 6/10/2014The restaurant has a pleasant ambiance with its dark wood accented interior, crisp tablecloths and overall handsome interior. The wait staff was courteous and the food was above average. My New England clam chowder was good with a sweet creamy taste and a plentiful quantity of tender clams, but it was missing that zesty fresh briny taste that the best chowders have. I ordered the chilean sea bass, which was tasty, but covered with a too sweet glazing. McCormick & Schmick is a perfectly acceptable, if not memorable, mid-town stop for fish. It is certainly as good as nearby Oceania, which tends to be substantially pricier, more crowded and noiser. For a superior, if more expensive experience, try the nearby Sea Grille.
- Reliabledb576VIPDined on 6/8/2014The food is always good and the msnagement wants your experience to be positive. Where they fall short is the service. Maybe the waiters are not well trained? Our waiter tried to do everything right but fl short in so many ways that he just could not provide a high level of service. We go for the location and food and just gave to overlook the just ok service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantHeyHeyDined on 6/6/2014The food here was great, taste wise but not quantity wise. I had the salmon which I loved. The ambience is just delightful and romantic. And not to mention the excellent service. Wait time was less than 20 minutes, possibly because it wasn't crowded, I went an hour before closing. The waiter took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentAlanKVIPDined on 6/5/2014This place always ensures your experience is top notch! The seafood is always fresh and the service professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after work spotSeniorVillagerDined on 6/4/2014Love the happy hour cocktails and oysters. Attentive, knowledgeable staff and good food for dinner. Always an enjoyable. Night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jpfitVIPDined on 6/3/2014Good comfort food, portions are generous, but didn't impress. I had to wait too long to be served and call the waiters a couple of times for water, but they were always very kind. Fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1670 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - New York reviews archive.
- Great seafood in a central locationBenVeronaDined on 6/2/2014The staff was extremely friendly and the service was efficient. The food was delicious!Special Features:
- louseyVIPDined on 6/1/2014The food is very good, but the service needs some improvement. To bring bread enough for 3 persons, when there are 4 is not acceptable. Through the years of eating here this has always happened. Servers should not remove plates until all of the diners at the table have finished. Water was never refilled. We find this location to be good for theaters, but the parking can be problematic. To pay for theater tickets and parking, followed by dinner and parking is too expensive.Special Features:
- Great MealTimCDined on 5/31/2014We had gone to see The Book of Morman Saturday matinee and a friend had recommended this restaurant for after. We could not have been more pleased. The food was wonderful as was the upscale atmosphere. The staff was exceptional. They have open table dining, but be sure to ask about the curtained booths which provide a more intimate dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Deeply MediocrebooksellerVIPDined on 5/26/2014I wound up eating her twice, because a friend in from out of town was craving clams, and it had to be in midtown. I can't imagine any other reason to go. The food is pretty much the embodiment of Chain Cuisine, from the overbreaded and oversweetened everything (and by the way, in these days of gluten-awareness, it's a good idea to note on the menu if the "bacon-wrapped shrimp" are in fact dunked in batter and fried) to the whipped-cream-from-a-can. My favorite thing though was our server who -- when I asked to take a portion of my meal home -- slapped an empty To Go container on the table and walked away. At Midtown prices, honey, YOU scoop the leftovers into the box.
- Great Place and Excellent FoodFLOATVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was a great place for our special dinner including drinks. The service and the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FLLPVIPDined on 5/25/2014Sunday night dinner was casual and comfortable. Excellent service, very attentive. The food, as always, met expectations. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualLVdinerDined on 5/23/2014Glad to have reserved through open table. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2014Seafood menu changes daily depending on catch. Good steak also.Special Features:
- Fair to good sea food.BB13VIPDined on 5/18/2014Sea food adequate. Not as good of a selection of sea food as they use to have.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EscapeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Your restaurant is a great escape from the wild hustle, bustle of New York City. We could sit back, sip some wine and enjoy great food and pleasant conversation. The service was tops and food scrumptious.Special Features:
- LackingdougyagVIPDined on 5/17/2014A basic bottle of wine was not available. Waiter very hard to understand. Lobster was a bit overcooked. Ambiance was good.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodbobnycDined on 5/15/2014We shared a tuna appetizer and each had the chef's special of the day, Hawaiian wahoo. Both were delicious. The tuna was fresh and vibrant, the wahoo cooked firm and tasty with a bronzed crust. Desserts were overkill. Our server Sean gave us time between courses while still getting us out of the restaurant in time for our 7PM theater. We did eat early due to the showtime, and the restaurant was certainly not yet crowded (except for the bar area) at this time, but overall, a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBobbyDined on 5/15/2014I've come here on five occasions, and each visit was as good or better than the first. Great food, great service, great feel. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Who knew?SharDined on 5/15/2014I've worked near and have walked past McCormick & Schmick's Seafood many many years. I never knew how great the restaurant was until my boss and I stopped to have lunch there once before heading back to our office after an off-site meeting. She remembered that she'd had dinner there with colleagues once and really enjoyed the meal and atmosphere. So when thinking of a centrally located restaurant near my and a colleague's offices I remembered McCormick's & Schmick's. I intend on going more often. One can't beat how great the food is, how friendly and efficient the staff is and how it's so reasonably priced. I highly recommend it and will be going back again soon, that's for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome seafoodd!AlanKVIPDined on 5/12/2014The food is always consistent as with the customer service. This is a place where you can bring anyone, and they will enjoy it!Special Features:
- Mediocre PortionsDenaDined on 5/11/2014We were underwhelmed by the skimpy portions although our server was great. The food was good but not great... tough paying a large bill for tiny portions. We won't return.
- What we expectedwifeofcarnivoreDined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent. So was the service. The ambience is nothing special but we enjoyed our meal before the theater and they treated our son to dessert for his 22nd birthday. Thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fave RestaurantLUVSEAFOODDined on 5/10/2014M&S is one of my favorite restaurants. My husband and I have gone here for the past 3 years to celebrate our anniversary. It never disappoints. The staff is always a pleasure and of course, the food always good. I do wish their menu mimicked that of their Atlantic City location. My husband and I first dined at M&S during a stay and then was happy to learn there was one in NYC.Special Features:
- Husband's birthday!PattyGVIPDined on 5/10/2014We went for my husband's birthday! He was greeted with a Happy Birthday from the Host and when we sat at our table and they handed us the menus, it had printed on it, Happy Birthday Rob! WOW!! Never saw that before. It just tells you what kind of restaurant this place is. AMAZING!!Special Features:
- Manhattan gem!feinVIPDined on 5/9/2014We visit frequently McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant and other establishments of a Landry's Select Club. A perfect combination of excellent food, outstanding service & charming ambiance! I am a picky restaurant goer and always have the best experience there! Dolores, our serving lady, is the best! She is professional, knowledgeable, informative and very sweet! Let's face it: NYC waiters are snobs and around Dolores one feels very comfortable and welcomed! Thank you! We came to celebrate two members of our group birthdays and had a superb time! See you soon!Special Features:
- 1st time in New York & Great DinnerGreatdinningDined on 5/8/2014Our 1st night in New York City, we had dinner at McCormicks & Scmick! We had an AWESOME waiter - Gus! And also spoke with a manager - Jessica. They gave us great advise and suggestions regarding the menu. They also gave is ideas of where to sightsee and walking distance. My husband and I had a great time. We look forward to returning!! 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Theater DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014Based on an Open Table search for restaurants in the Theater District, I chose to have a post theater dinner here. My husband and I have dined in a few of the CA locations and had positive experiences. Open Table indicated a 3 course specially priced menu avaialbe for BOTH Pre- and Post- Theater hours ). The waiter informed me that is was Pre-Theater only. We attended an 8:00 show and arrived at the restaurant about 10:45. We were told the kitchen stops cooking at 11:00, but we would not be rushed, so long as we placed our order. My crabcake appetizer was warm-ish, not hot. I left a message at the restaurant HQ, because I don't think a special value menu should be advertised if it is not going to be honored. No reply. Disappointed.
- Dinner ReviewMichaelDined on 5/7/2014First Time here - food was just OK - nothing special - we expected better considering the location - you need a road map to find the bathrooms - better seafood places in Manhattan than here
- Service was spot oncahillDined on 5/4/2014I love a good meal, which this was, but it is the service that can make or break a dining experience. The service here was exceptional!!! I would go back!Special Features:
- Great place to dine!sfumatoDined on 5/3/2014We have often dined at McCormick & Schmick's when in NYC to see a show. It's a comfortable walking distance from the theaters. The food is excellent! ...and they have an excellent bar. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fishChuckVIPDined on 5/1/2014The fish is fresh, which is about all you can ask for, but the cooking is also fine with the fish cooked to the desired degress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Loud4daluvofoodVIPDined on 5/1/2014Friendly staff and good service but the food was just ok. It's more of a drink after work stop.Special Features:
- Excellent staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014We had only 1 hour and were able to have a 3 course meal .. excellent waitress!Special Features:
- Good food, super small portions!StillhungryDined on 4/23/2014Food and service was great for lunch. In and out without a hassle. Portions were soo small! Had a hotdog in way back to office!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014Calamari was bland and my salmon lunch portion was tiny and tasteless.