McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
145 National Plaza
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 3015676224x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adan Gijon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer Full-Service Off-site Catering. Please contact the Catering Sales Manager for more information, at 301-567-6925.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
393 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (219)special occasion (170)great for outdoor dining (150)good for groups (109)romantic (87)great for lunch (86)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (51)hot spot (51)notable wine list (50)kid-friendly (44)great for brunch (41)late-night find (37)Show More
- Food Okay - Service Not So MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014Dinner started on a bad note...the restaurant was full and servers were stressed. We waited at least 10 minutes before we were served water, and then another 10 -15 minutes before our server showed up. On person order a trout dish...about 10 mins. later, they were told that they had run out of the dish, so they ordered another trout dish...again about 10 minutes went by and they said they were out of that dish too. At that point, the person ordering needed time to think about what to order next. The server was antsy to get that order and was pressing for a decision which made the diner uncomfortable. Maybe they need to increase the # of servers when they are that busy. They also need to provide a decent serated knife to cut the bread.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Lively atmosphere and attentive service, along with favorable foods made for a great weekend at the National Harbor. Watching football on the big outdoor screen TV, along with the view of the giant outside waterside Ferris wheel made the experience at McCormick & Schmick's very memorable. The menu pricing is quite high and I would not make it a repetitive place to dine. I think there are several other choices in the immediate area that would afford a more frequent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Had blue crab dip appetizer and stuffed shrimp for entree. Both were yummy. Satisfied my craving for crab. Enjoyed the procsecco sangria, which was refreshing! Ordered the strawberry shortcake to go, but it wasn't very tasty. Had sort of an after taste. Maybe would have been better at the table. At the National Harbor the views are great if you get seated next to a window.Special Features:
- Been here to celebrate a few bdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Love the Harbor, right by the river with all different restaurants n shops. Very lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night Go To SpotdatenightfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I love this place!! This is our favorite dinner spot for our biweekly date nights 😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the detailsSeventhHeavenDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 7th anniversary at the National Harbor. I travel extensively and have been too many foodie establishments. I typically avoid the big chain, but with this menu, I decided to bend my rule. The entrance was very crowded and noisy, but everything else was amazing. The view at our table was stunning. I loved that M&S could support large groups, be kid friendly, and still give us a sanctuary for two. Then we received the menu. I had mentioned we were celebrating our 7th anniversary in the reservation, and M&S printed out a special menu for us that said "Happy 7th Anniversary!!!" That set the tone for a great meal and dining experience for our personal special occasion. Thank you M&S. You were the perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends birthdaycparkVIPDined on 10/18/2014We started the meal with the crab tower, clam chowder and raw oysters. Both were amazing. I had the rainbow trout which was good but the service really lacked. I did not receive my salad until I got my meal. We were supposed to get pita chips with the crab tower and came with nothing when we asked the waiter about it he threw a handful of saltines on the table. We had to ask for bread and plates for the appetizers. My one friend asked for fried oysters and even though they were not on the menu the request was filled and she said they were the best she ever had! Another friend had the scallops over a potato/crab pancake with spinach which was also amazing! My other friend had the seafood mixed grill which also was awesome.Special Features:
- Loud but worth the experiencehrhtynDined on 10/17/2014We went for a birthday celebration, we had a great time, wine was good, everyone loved their selections. And our waiter Larry was pretty awesome! I especially recommend the lobster mashed potatoes which were super delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!CocoasMomDined on 10/17/2014Thanks for such a great dining experience for my birthday!Special Features:
- New Menu / Same Great FoodCharlotteDined on 10/13/2014I used to work in National Harbor and frequented this McCormick & Schmick's location. I came back while at a convention at the Gaylord and found a lot of new menu items but the same excellent food. My scallops were perfectly cooked, although the potato pancake underneath could have used a little more crisping. Shrimp appetizer was great. My colleague's Tilapia was to his liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor hostingClydeDined on 10/10/2014showed up 20 minutes early for our reservation Friday night, and the reception from the 3 hostesses was cold and unwelcoming. we decided to go elsewhere, as first impression was poor.
- ExcellentsaspeDined on 10/10/2014We truly enjoyed our dinner at McCormick & Schmick on Friday evening. The dinner was delicious. The bar scene was hopping and the crowd was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kahari was our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Kahari was exceptional in serving our table. We enjoyed his kind approach and supportSpecial Features:
- DinnerGigiDined on 10/7/2014We were rushed through dinner. Entrees were served while we were still having appetizers, and our plates were being picked up before we were finished. We did not get any bread at our table, yet everyone around us did. The food was very good but we could not enjoy it by being rushed so much. We don't understand the rushing...the restaurant had plenty of open tables. Quite a disappointment.Special Features:
- Good ServiceBrigitteDined on 10/5/2014Pleasant staff. Enjoyed out visit. It was my cousin's birthday and they made her a custom menu. They were busy when we got there, yet we always got prompt and courteous attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront gemLongJohnSilverDined on 10/5/2014McCormick & Schmick at National Harbor, just across the bridge from Old Town Alexandria, is a good seafood choice among the many in the area. The facility is relatively new, large, and in good condition, and prices are reasonable given the location -- right on the Potomac, with al fresco dining available if the weather is fine. My wife enjoyed the stuffed shrimp, I the blackened grouper. Don't miss the shrimp kiss appetizer. Our server was attentive and conscientious, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Went to M&S for a Sunday lunch. Having dined there previously, I knew what type of food/service to expect. Waiter was attentive, but it took a very long time for my spouse and I to get our drinks (waiter was serving plates to a large table & other waiters were standing around doing nothing). Salads arrive and mine had so much dressing on it (ranch) that the salad was white instead of green. Main course arrives and I had ordered a steak medium, but it was well done. Not happy with that and informed the waitress, but ate it anyway as we didn't want to wait 30 minutes for another. Manager comes over and apologizes and offers desert on the house so we get apple pie to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Took my wife for birthday dinner. The food wa excellent. I had a reservation but still got there 15 minutes early and was seated right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underpardisappointedDined on 10/4/2014after dining in several restaurants from this chain, this is the only one I would not return toSpecial Features:
- An exceptional dinner!indydiggyDined on 10/2/2014We get to a McCormick & Schmick's-- if we're lucky-- twice a year. Friday it was for my birthday. The service was excellent and the food was, as always, outstanding! I had blackened Swordfish and it was perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection as well! The server brought me a small dessert with a candle for my birthday -- a pleasant surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob NamejkoSVCFaceVIPDined on 9/29/2014It was worth the trip to drive from McLean to the Harbor. food was tasty and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Excellent!HappydaveDined on 9/28/2014Read some negative reviews about this particular place, but let me tell you. The food was delicious, the service was great and the restaurant was impressively clean. My wife & I are from out of town and our experience here was first rate. One of the best places we visited while staying at the Gaylord Hotel. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good but a couple of misstepsarbucloVIPDined on 9/27/2014There were 4 of us and among us had the tuna two ways (appetizer), chopped salad (over dressed), crab stuffed shrimp, seafood mac and cheese, and panko crusted fish. All were good except the salad, as noted. the other problem we had was that we added crab to the fish but it did not get added. We were charged for it but didn't have time to get the bill corrected so ended up paying for something we didn't get. Cocktails were good and reasonably priced.
- Seafood favoriteAnniversaryDined on 9/27/2014We order the Fried Shrimp dinner which was delivery quickly without a long wait based on how busy they were. The shrimps were not overcooked and the side dishes, mashed potatoes and cold slaw were great. The pricing of the food was moderate for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedHighlyRecommendedDined on 9/26/2014Rena, the manager, is a man of his word. Our previous visit to M & was disappointing. Rena said he would make up for it on our next visit --AND HE DID. Good job Rena.
- So, so.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014First time dining at McCornick and Schmick's and must confess that the experience was underwhelming. For the restaurant's reputation and pricing the food was not as good as most of the fine restaurants across the Potomac in Alexandria. The service was exceptional. The food, however, was just average.Special Features:
- Great ResturantSpecialDined on 9/24/2014This was about my third visit here at the Harbor's location for myself and my husband, I have also been to the Grill, in DC a few years ago. We really had a wonderful and peaceful time, We were celebrating our 9th Wedding Anniversary, and celebrated it here last year as well, I had the Blackend Trout, Mash potato's and Geen beans, my food was Awesome, and the price was great. I planned to visit more often, cause the food and atmosphere was great. I could actually eat here once a week, We both Love sea food. C. LewisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatAttagirlDined on 9/23/2014Food was wonderful and great atmosphere. Service was prompt.Special Features:
- OK but Very Noisy and Poor ServiceVivaEspanaDined on 9/22/2014The menu descriptions are very appealing, but the food doesn't quite meet expectations. The service was extremely slow with invisible waitstaff. The place was crowded and very noisy, but that doesn't excuse poor service since management knew well in advance that the place was fully reserved for a convention, so they should have had adequate staff on duty. There are better options nearby.
- Birthday lunchMandyMVIPDined on 9/21/2014I came to McCormick & Schmick to use my $25 birthday credit with my Landry's card, and I also use my $50 gift certificate I had been given at an earlier date. When I reserved my table for lunch for my husband and I - I made note that it was my birthday because often times a restaurant will give a complimentary dessert to the guest of honor - or possibly commemorative menu. When the waiter told me he had something special for me for my birthday, I did not expect him to bring a dessert for my husband as well, only because I told him we could share whatever he was bringing out. I did not see the final bill but only figured today I was charged for both desserts after seeing how much the desserts were. Needless to say I was surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceFoodLover1Dined on 9/20/2014One good thing was delicious food, but overshadowed with terrible service. For starters, the waiter took forever to get our beverages and take our orders. The soft drinks were $4 (I guess the price for dining at a "fancy" restaurant), and if you wanted strawberry lemonade, they charged a $1 more to add strawberry flavor. We were not offered refills on drinks. Once the food came, our waiter was no where to be found, didn't check up on us to see if we needed anything more. One of my guests actually walked up to the kitchen to get A1 sauce for his steak. That's bad! It also took forever to get the check. The staff could use training because it's service like this that will cause diners to go elsewhere. Will not be coming back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The food was not nearly as good as I thought it was going to be, especially for the price. I will say the service was very nice...which is the only reason I gave this a 3. I would not go back.
- DisappointingBlueDined on 9/20/2014Although friendly, the service was extremely slow. Getting a glass of wine was painful not to mention they lost out on some revenue! As we would've had more. I know one shouldn't assume that just because an entree is $25+ that the food should be excellent, but I did expect decent. Very disappointing dining experience.
- Date nightWoof2012Dined on 9/20/2014I decided to call the restaurant to make a reservation and they told me they were full until after 8 pm and I needed before 6. We had tickets for Cirque. Thank god for open table that had a 530 p. hot early and we were seated promptly. The food was amazing. The only problem we experience was with our drink order. They were always late. The diet coke order never made it to the table. We got our first round of drinks 5 minutes after the appetizers were on the table and we order them before glancing at the menu. The food is really good and so are the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location was is better than mealalj238Dined on 9/20/2014The Good: Right on the waterfront of the National Harbor. An fantastic venue to take in the sights prior to seeing Cirque Du Soleil. Wait time wasn't too bad (5 min) although I made reservations 3 days prior. Atmosphere was busy and vibrant. Menu selections was varied. They also have a gluten free menu. The Bad: I've had better meals in a seafood restaurant chain. The meals we selected were dry and over saturated with seasoning to make up for the poor taste. The presentation was that of a buffet. My fish was dry and my dates mash potatoes seemed loaded with salt.Ordered a ice tea, my server provided use ice water but never brought by tea.Special Features:
- BeachGirlDined on 9/19/2014Very loud atmosphere. Not even able to have table conversation. Not my idea of a top shelf restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EnvironmentJonTanDined on 9/19/2014This is a great restaurant to go late night. But the ambiance isn't quite there, probably because it is at the National Harbor, so there are people everywhere. I would prefer a more intimate setting.Special Features:
- Not conducinve to diningZingDined on 9/19/2014Restaurant was far too noisy (from partially separated bar/happy hour) to enjoy dinner (7:45). We had to wait 25 min for our "before dinner" drinks because of a happy hr. that was more important to the restaurant. We were 5 minutes from walking out the restaurant. The meal was worth returning for; the place was not. There was no harbor view for dinner patrons (unless you eat outside on the terrace). But, the restaurant was too loud to dine on the terrace with the rock band playing just outside the door. For those looking for quite dinner conversation, a view of the harbor, and timely service, this is definitely not the place. If a quality, but slightly inflated meal is your only requirement, this should satisfy you. We will not return.Special Features:
- EYESDined on 9/19/2014Bread was not hot and not enough of it for 8 peopleSpecial Features:
- JSquaredDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant was so noisy around 6:30 pm due to Happy Hour clouds. The foods wasn't anything special and over priced.