McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
145 National Plaza
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 3015676224x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adan Gijon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer Full-Service Off-site Catering. Please contact the Catering Sales Manager for more information, at 301-567-6925.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
462 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (292)special occasion (214)great for outdoor dining (179)good for groups (120)romantic (119)great for lunch (119)fit for foodies (74)great for brunch (70)notable wine list (62)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (57)kid-friendly (56)hot spot (52)late-night find (33)Show More
- National HarborSoulman1251VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great food and service, super views of the Potomac River. This is a great location with the standard menu.
- Restaurant ReviewLanaDined on 8/24/2014The food was good and the service did well. Even the people that are at the front table are great and helpful!!!!Special Features:
- Food and service were outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Food and service were outstanding. Didn't know that the Sunday night movie on the beach next to the restaurant would start at 6 PM. Made talking at the outdoor tables a bit tough once it started. Would go back again but at a different time.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This restaurant was the best choice for us to have celebrated our 7th year anniversary 8/24/14. The food was excellent and the scenic view just beautiful. Our server Amanda did an awesome job recommending drinks and other items from the menu. I would recommend M&S seafood to relatives and friends. Hell yeah I will be returning with my mother-in-law for brunch in the next few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLinhamDined on 8/23/2014The place was great. Awesome service and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/23/2014Went to McCormick and Schmick for or wedding anniversary. We were seated promptly and greeted by our waitress very quickly. The hostess came to our table shortly after that and wished us a happy anniversary. Our food and drinks arrived within 10 minutes. Both of our entrees were delicios and we'll portioned. After dinner our waitress brought us a complimentary dessert. Overall a very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R Kelleyparrot1Dined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent. Service was good except salad was delivered after main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- National HarborBirthdaygirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a terrific well-priced meal--parmesan encrusted flounder. It was so yummy! On the other hand...my husband had a very expensive ($30+) filet mignon about the size of a golf ball.
- A major disappointmentFrobozzDined on 8/23/2014Went here for an anniversary dinner and so much went wrong that it's hard to know where to start. We were bum-rushed the entire night, with the waiter pressing us for the full dinner order when we put in for drinks. We weren't even halfway through our salads when she showed up with the entrees. "Would you like me to keep these warm for you?" she asked. Of course not -- we don't want dried-out warmed-over seafood. This should not happen at a restaurant of this alleged quality. My wife's crab cakes had shredded crab, not the lump crab advertised on the menu. My blackened grouper was grilled, not blackened. Sides were all fine but not particularly memorable. We skipped dessert and fled. They got us out of there -- forever -- in 40 minutes.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Found a hair in the food. Was offered a free dessert, but we weren't staying for dessert. Thought another form of compensation should have been offered. Management was very nice when notified, but still left feeling something should have been done.
- nice view but food not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014We went to the outside dining area first (as that is the area you approach first) and told them we had a reservation. We were told that seating outside was on a first come, first served basis, but to check in inside (for reservation) and then they could seat us outside. When we checked in, they just told us to go outside and didn't note we had arrived for our reservation. Once outside they sat us, but it was a complete waste to have to go check-in inside. The service was fine but the food was fair at best. There was no flavor on the filet mignon I ordered and it came with no sauce of any kind. My wife's atlantic salmon was flavorless as well. My daughter had the crab stuffed flounder, but it too had a bland taste. Save your money.Special Features:
- kitchen needs workbitesixeDined on 8/22/2014The chefs need training on steak temperatures. Had my food recooked twice. But the service was excellent.Special Features:
- A Nice Place for Drinks or FoodsparttimefoodieDined on 8/21/2014We have been going here since this location opened. This was one of the best experiences so far. We were seated right away even though we were early. Our server, Amanda was great, very pleasant & efficient. They staff at the front desk did forget to give my wife the specially printed birthday menu (I dropped her off). Amanda got it for us. Someone did call in the morning to confirm a window seat but the front staff did not do it. We were pleased with Amanda so we stayed in the inside table. The food was hot & cooked just right. The manager visited and checked on how things were which was nice.Special Features:
- so glad I came back here....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The food was delicious! Crab dip was yum! Waiter didn't check on us regularly enough for me, but all drinks and food was served promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014The service was so so from the beginning a bit slow and the waitress didn't seem too eager. It was Crowded but we had reservations so there was no wait. As we were being seated we noticed the table wasn't cleaned and there were still dirty glasses on the table. Sorry but you don't walk people over to be seated to a dirty table. They also had no lobster or lobster tails, which my son had been looking forward to all day. His comment was how does a seafood place run out of seafood, especially on the water.....We saw the waitress once after we ordered and that was because I waved to her to order another drink. And I'm sorry do not circle the recommended tip amounts at the bottom of the receipt that just annoys me even more....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one year anniversaryHappyInLoveDined on 8/18/2014it was my and my significant others one year anniversary.. our waiter was fantastic (i don't remember his name, unfortunately) he asked what we were doing that night and we told him we're out for our one year.. he then asked if he could bring us some champaign, which was very kind. All the wait staff/Host staff were very friendly; therefore setting the perfect mood for the restaurant. Very joyful and welcoming!Special Features:
- Attracts loud/inconsiderate typesEmeraldDined on 8/17/2014Was looking forward to a wonderful dinner after seeing Cirque du Soleil at Natl Harbor with my husband & 3 sons. Assumed Mc & S would be a safe bet, but knew immed that we had made a poor choice -the tables around us had young, extremely undisciplined children...high pitched screaming, crying, etc. with absolutely no discipline from the parents (who were loud too!) We could not hear each other speak. My stomach was in knots and had a headache by the time the drinks came. We told our waitress that we had to be moved outside, or else we had to leave period. Thankfully, there is outdoor eating at this resteraunt, and a table was available. For the price you pay for dinner here, the horrible indoor eating environment is unacceptable!
- All great except the rib eye steakzekesmomDined on 8/17/2014This is a lovely restaurant and we were put at a window table without having to ask. Every employee we encountered there was friendly and helpful. All of our food was delicious except the rib eye steak and fries. The steak was cooked properly, but the quality of the meat was about what we could buy at a regular grocery store and the fries were not remarkable either. I can recommend the lobster bisque and the crispy fish tacos. They were the best fish tacos I have ever had. The bread was delicious also. To be fair to the restaurant, we did not tell them the steak was mediocre. I feel sure if we had they would have dealt with it to our satisfaction. Perhaps their steaks are normally great and we just got a lower quality one somehow that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/wine/managerRoomTempDined on 8/16/2014Ordered wine. It came out. Waitress tried to open the bottle and cork broke 3/4 of the way down. She left with bottle. Our amazing food came out. Great steak, stuffed shrimp and scallops ever. Waitress returned as I had my 5th or 6th bite of steak. I tasted the wine. Room temp at best. I allowed others to taste. Unacceptable. She left and returned with manager. I was now 3/4 done my steak. He said he tasted it and it was as cold as they had. Wow! Great answer. I said I would drink my water and then find another place to order wine. He said okay. Never was asked about dessert on my wife's birthday no less. We left and went next door for a dessert and after dinner drink. Disappointed in McCormick and Scmitts. No return for us.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSeafoodGuruDined on 8/16/2014McCormick & Schmick's Seafood is ALWAYS a class act!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!BuffBoiDined on 8/16/2014Service was GREAT! I had a table for 14 and only 8 showed. They were accommodating and hospitable. I was leery at first because of the previous reviews, but decided to find out for myself. My waitress was the best and the overall experience was simply wonderful. FIVE STARS!Special Features:
- Retirement ExperiencetmgrantDined on 8/15/2014We only had ten people and the service was awful. One of my coworkers ordered first and received her food last. She had already told our waiter that she needed to eat ASAP! We had members of out group arrive late and they still received their food before her. The manger did comp her meal but the experience will remain with all of us.Special Features:
- Staff Couldn't Care lessUnimpressedDined on 8/15/2014From the moment we walked up, and were told we didn't have a reservation (despite showing them the email confirmation from Open Table), to the begrudging manner in which we were squeezed in to a corner table (as if they were doing us a favor!) to the very slow service, this was a huge, and expensive, disappointment all round.
- Great food unfortunate experienceIlovewineDined on 8/13/2014Food and drinks were great! I am Not sure if they were under staffed or our server was too busy but the service was so slow and disconnected. It took 30 min after we sat to get drinks despite ordering them as soon as our server came. Two of us didn't get some of out food but couldn't ask for it bc no one came to check on us. I will dine again bc it was good food and we enjoyed the atmosphere, but just hope for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014The food was awful...and save yourself from happy hour their. The drinks were watered down and the appetizers were paltry. Dinner proved greasy fish...how do you even make that happen?
- Great Restaurant Nestled at HarborBSB4MDDined on 8/11/2014This was a great restaurant nestled at the National Harbor... The ambiance and food are great qualities which makes me want to go back again soon. We definitely will dine there for special occasions - will take my Mom, just because..Special Features:
- Big Bucks, Little Bangleebles73VIPDined on 8/10/2014We have dined at the DC McCormick & Schmick's many times and loved it. Unfortunately, the Nat'l Harbor location does not live up to its city counterpart. Our meals were just mediocre and average. The fried calamari tasted fine, but the crust fell off and disintegrated. The Chesapeake Rockfish was overcooked and tough (but served with delicious potato mash and veg). The NY Strip was cooked to medium instead of med-rare as ordered, and the fries were dull/limp instead of hot/crisp. It made me wonder if our food had "died" in the window and was not expedited properly. Again, the food was NOT terrible, inedible or return-to-the-kitchen-worthy, just very disappointing, especially at the price per plate.Special Features:
- SmithyDined on 8/10/2014One member of our party (4) had issue with her dish and the M&S wait staff and later management quickly took care of the matter without event. I have always lauded M&S for good service and cusine that I discovered on a business trip in California many years ago. Thank you for ensuring a pleasant outing for a good friend's birthday.Special Features:
- OK foodyumchaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Calamari was bit over cooked and COLD BREAD were so hard to eat too chewy nothing worst than cold bread! Ceasor salad was welted was not fresh.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014My date and I enjoyed fish specialties, grouper and flounder. The food was fantastic along with our server. Polite hostess staff. We sat outside, so a bit noisy, but great view of the fireworks. Very busy on a Saturday, so make reservations early and request outdoor seating in the notes section.Special Features:
- EnjoyablecmvcheerDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our meal. It was very good. We had the crab cakes and the filet with lobster mashed potatoes. Food was served promptly and was hot and very tasty. One thing I can say is that our waiter's English was awful and it was difficult to understand him. We were seated and within a hot second he was there to greet us. That is great! However, if we have not had an opportunity to look at the menu, we cannot possibly order wine, appetizers, etc... We felt rushed right from the get go. I was immediately annoyed when within 2 minutes he returned and asked again. Slow it down over there. A better way to greet me is to ask if I have ever been to the restaurant before. From the answer, you should train them how to proceed.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Showed up 45 min early. The place was packed with 1.5hr wait. Still got in 15 min early. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food was good but pricey. Great for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charlie6Dined on 8/9/2014Service was slow, seated 20 minutes after reservation time, loud, wine wasn't poured for us, inattention to our needsSpecial Features:
- Was okOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Food was ok, the restaurant was very busy, so I am not sure if that cut into the quality of the food. For the prices, the food does not justify the cost. Would have been content with the same food for 70% of the price.Special Features:
- Food too oilyAlexgirlDined on 8/9/2014Ordered a Sizzling Salmon plate with spinach and veggies under the salmon. I asked specifically to make it not too oily. Came drenched in oil on the Veggies under the salmon and the mushrooms. Could not eat it. Salmon was dry and just ok. Asked for the salad to have dressing on the side came with dressing on it. Had to return and wait for the redo. I don't think the server was attending or they have poor communication. The other food was just so so. The coffee was not hot and the server did not offer a second cup.
- Server had an attitudeJustmeDined on 8/9/2014This was our first "Sisters Day Outing", so we decided to go to the Harbor to McCormick & Schmick's. When we first arrived, things were good, we ordered a appetizer, then she took our orders. After asking what came with what on the menu, we changed some things (sides) around and when our food came out, 3 out of 4 was wrong. When we explained to the person that bought out the food, she immediately went to get the replacement, but when the Waitress came back to the table and asked what was wrong, we told her, she had an attitude and didn't return to the table until it was time to bring the bill and it was time to go. We considered this a special time (all 4 of us in our 50's) and going to a special place, but I guess that didn't happen.Special Features:
- Great view, slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Made reservation for outside, arrived, reservations are NOT for outside, inside only. Waited for thirty minutes to get a table. Took twenty minutes for three glasses of wine at dinner. They're we're not slammed by any means, a bit busy, but many open tables. Food was ok overall, but for the price, not worth it. The view is amazing. I'll give it that.Special Features:
- It was OK...but !!!DocPDined on 8/8/2014Nice view and somewhat good service, food was very good but pricey. Requested window table and waited for it, however, got seated near a door to the outside dining area, so a bit annoying. Very loud even when away from the bar area. Server did well but she may have had too many tables; order got placed 15 minutes after arrival. Been to this M&S before and some things never change.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014The noise level is off the charts, impossible to hold a normal conversation - food was mediocre, soggy salad, small steak and slow service
- Great seafoodPickyeater40Dined on 8/8/2014We had a delicious crab cake app and fresh fish for dinner. The bread was hard and not warm. The walnut, Gorgonzola salad was delish. The meal was wonderful, but the service was very slow. It was our anniversary, so we didn't mind. Just be prepared to be there for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.