McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
145 National Plaza
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (301) 567-6224
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adan Gijon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer Full-Service Off-site Catering. Please contact the Catering Sales Manager for more information, at 301-567-6925.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
404 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (235)special occasion (178)great for outdoor dining (150)good for groups (124)romantic (96)great for lunch (94)fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (73)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (57)notable wine list (55)late-night find (47)great for brunch (45)kid-friendly (41)Show More
- Great FoodMaineDined on 11/16/2014Overall excellent food really had no complaints. Price reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place to Check OutDinerDined on 11/11/2014The scenic view is wonderful. Our waiter was very friendly & knowledgeable of the menu and made wonderful recommendations. The kale salad and crab & corn chowder soup were wonderful. Service was good and fast. Our waiter was very attentive. We had reservations and were seated promptly although the inside appeared very crowded. We would definitely go back again. This was not our first visit and it definitely will not be our last one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againChiefDined on 11/11/2014We requested a salad without pork and it was delivered with pork. We ordered the mussel and clam entree' and it was very salty tasting. I mentioned it to the waitress and said she would mention it to the chef. They both agreed that it was too salty. I am a veteran and my wife is currently serving in the military. I told the waitress we were there for the Veterans Day special, and she said she would mention it to the manager, but the Veterans Day celebration was the prior sunday. That was acceptable, but the patrons at the table next to us made a similar request. The manager came and spoke to the customers at the table next to us and offered them free dessert. The manager never acknowledged us. The only difference between us and the veterans at the next table was that they were white and we are black. I am not inferring that the manager demonstrated any indication of racial prejudice, but it is important to treat people equal especially when you are billing them equally, and if they desire your patronage in the future.
- Good experiencefoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2014God and service were great. Acoustics - a little noisy and difficult to hearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014Slow service, food delivered cold and poorly prepared.Special Features:
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014It is nice to be recognized by your community and I want to say Thanks and God Bless your business.Special Features:
- Veterans Day 2014YSmithDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our complimentary dinner for military Veterans on November 9th. The lobster cobb salad was amazing and the cobb salad were delicious. Our server, James provided outstanding customer service. Service was well-timed, friendly, and top notch! We will definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic !💛HappyCamperDined on 11/9/2014The menu is outstanding and the ambiance is amazing.The prices are a good range for the fine quality of the delicious food and the attentive staff and servers aim high to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal for thankful veteranmrsb89Dined on 11/9/2014For years McCormick & Schmick have honored veterans with a free meal for Veterans Day. My husband ordered the blackened chicken from a special menu for veterans. It was very flavorful and it had a little bit of a bite/kick to it but not overwhelming. I ordered ribeye, medium, which was cooked perfectly. Very flavorful, tender and juicy. It was served with asparagus which was also cooked perfectly, al dente. We received excellent service from our server Rosie. She made sure our orders were cooked the way we liked them, refilled our drinks and checked occasionally to make sure everything was okay, or to see if we needed anything. We are so thankful and appreciative for the free meal that McCormick & Schmick provides to honor our veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's DayLoveSeafoodDined on 11/9/2014It is so wonderful to be honored with a free entree every year from this restaurant! We also dine there for our Anniversary. The Shrimp Kisses are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great location, but..SeafoodieDined on 11/9/2014Nice view of the river and in a great walking location for before or after meal strolls. Use care when making reservations - print out copies and bring them. If done over the phone, get name and date. We have had troubles two different times (out of three visits...) and saw another customer get irate over a 'lost reservation', so we are not alone. Also, the management team is very weak and did not respond to emails or inquiries so I do not recommend wasting time trying to provide meaningful/actionable feedback on surveys. Other M&S locations seem to run very tight operations with strong front desk and management staff. Unfortunately, we did not find that at this location...Special Features:
- Wonderful diningLiv2dineDined on 11/9/2014The atmosphere is great and so is the food. The manager, Todd, is always friendly and personable.Special Features:
- Veterans Day SpecialProudlyservingDined on 11/9/2014Thank you for providing a great menu for the Veterans Day Special meal. It was greatly appreciated by my husband and I. We are both Veterans. The selection variety was excellent. We had a wonderful waiter. I would recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, romantic date night with your boo and an unbelievable wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service always slowHonestDined on 11/9/2014I swore I'd never eat there after my first visit when service was horrible and meal also (overcooked stringy lobster and the rest of my meal swimming in a lake of lobster water, with no waiter or manager to complain to). This meal was better but service was still bad. For the cost of meals there you really should get better service. There are long waits for drinks, bread, meal, dessert. If you plan on 3 hour dining this won't be a problem, otherwise you might want to go somewhere else. The restaurant is pricey, too. I know it's to be expected but I thought $10 for a specialty coffee was a bit much. The only redeeming quality about this restaurant is the view.Special Features:
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My trip to McCormick & Schmicks Seafood Restaurant was a pleasant one, there was a great atmosphere, excellent food and the staff was professional and courteous even with it being a holiday. The food preparation was done in a timely manner and the staff worked well together making sure everyone was being taken care off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeRelaxn2JazzDined on 11/9/2014Sitting outside looking over the water just can't be beat. Great food and service make it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Very impressed with the timeliness in being seated and our waiter taking order. The food was warm and tasty. The only complaint I have is that we were never given any bread.theSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable lunch for us VeteransOfficerDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant chain is already one of our favorites so we made a reservation at the National Harbor location. We were very pleased with the service, the ambiance, the food was delicious, and our server was courteous. On this particular day, lunch was provided free in honor of us Veterans. We thank you back for your support!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good, However...DocDDined on 11/9/2014Been here several times before, but this time wasn't the best experience. Was seated right in front of the door that led to outdoor dining patio. Probably a great table during the summer months, but not so much for the fall or winter months -- every time a waitress would open the door to the patio (which was a lot), we were treated to a blast of cold wind. We didn't enjoy this part of our lunch. Also, our waitress mixed up my well-done beef medallions with my wife's medium-rare steak. While it only took about 5 minutes to make my medium-rare beef dish well-done, it took almost 15 minutes to bring my wife's medium-rare steak out. You'd think they would've put a little more priority in rectifying their mistake.Special Features:
- Veteran Day SpecialgreateatingDined on 11/9/2014The food selection for V-Day was really good. I really enjoyed my food. The waiter was nice and friendly as well. I will go back for another dinner.Special Features:
- noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014Not by any fault of the restaurant, we had a group next to us that was loud, as if they were having a bbq on their back deck with family! Very inconsiderate. This would have normally bothered me to pay M&S price and have such a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iuo123happy2capmerDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I enjoyed the lunch experience. Great location good food and wonderful service. Good hot spot for the National Harbor. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family. I would also recommend they make reservations for faster service.Special Features:
- Nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014This was our third time to McCormick & Schmick's - National Harbor. The restaurant is always clean, with good sea food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine seafood with excellent service!relatenowDined on 11/9/2014We had a small group celebrating a special occasion and we are thankful that our time spent together was at McCormick & Schmick's at National Harbor! Definitely have to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantFriscoTexasLadyDined on 11/9/2014Good food, water was absent munded. I had to ask for things two or three times. Food came quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfoodnfamDined on 11/9/2014We went right about 11am. Service was quick and friendly, food was delicious, atmosphere was pleasant. It was a great first experience and would highly recommend. It is a classier restaurant and while they have a children's menu I wouldn't suggest taking them for evening meals unless early in the evening. My daughter was well behaved and polite and she enjoyed the food and the staff was very sweet to her and spoke directly to her which she enjoyed.Special Features:
- Poor serviceAllhandsondeckDined on 11/8/2014Food was cold, couldn't get a check. Service was really lacking.Special Features:
- Chain foodTravelinDadDined on 11/8/2014Decent atmosphere but nothing special. Ordered glass of wine and my wifewastold they had just run out but a more expensive wine of the same type was available. When we asked if we could have that wine at the others price, the manager miraculously found more of the original. Ordered sockeye salmon as opposed to farmed Atlantic salmon but we both were fairly convinced it was Atlantic farmed - taste and looks. Other food was passable but for the price not great value.
- Great Eveningtf4pittDined on 11/8/2014Great Evening. Seated us within a reasonable time. Great view of the Harbor. Great suggestions from our server.Special Features:
- Loved the ViewAnonymousVIPDined on 11/8/2014Always reliable food. We were lucky enough to be seated by a window with a view of the big ferris wheel, lighted up at night. Great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate DiningRonsFanFave1Dined on 11/1/2014McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor is my go-to choice when dining with my wife. The ambiance is just right, the prices are easy on the wallet, and the dining experience is hard to duplicate at similar dining establishments. And with McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor an easy 10 minute drive from my house, I couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceVirginiatravelerDined on 10/31/2014The view of the Potomac was the best part of the evening. Service was slow,the Trout Almondine was dry and lukewarm. The shrimp scampi was not anything to write home about. The expensive Pinot Noir was not worth even half the price. All in all a big and expensive disappointment.Special Features:
- Good but expensiveCiscoDined on 10/29/2014Just a wee bit expensive for continued and sustained return visits. Therefore, due to the cost, should be reserved for special occasions (anniversaries, birthdays, promotions, etc.) without being pampered. Yes, there is a view, but the view is not unique to the location; Yes, the sunset can be seen, and yes, there is outdoor seating. Nevertheless, there is also a walk-way and pier that is free to use with better vantage points. I would say that if the pricing were about $8 or so less, I would frequent more than 3 times per year. Regardless, there is excellent service, good quality staff, and the food presentation is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Okay - Service Not So MuchMDDinerDined on 10/26/2014Dinner started on a bad note...the restaurant was full and servers were stressed. We waited at least 10 minutes before we were served water, and then another 10 -15 minutes before our server showed up. On person order a trout dish...about 10 mins. later, they were told that they had run out of the dish, so they ordered another trout dish...again about 10 minutes went by and they said they were out of that dish too. At that point, the person ordering needed time to think about what to order next. The server was antsy to get that order and was pressing for a decision which made the diner uncomfortable. Maybe they need to increase the # of servers when they are that busy. They also need to provide a decent serated knife to cut the bread.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Lively atmosphere and attentive service, along with favorable foods made for a great weekend at the National Harbor. Watching football on the big outdoor screen TV, along with the view of the giant outside waterside Ferris wheel made the experience at McCormick & Schmick's very memorable. The menu pricing is quite high and I would not make it a repetitive place to dine. I think there are several other choices in the immediate area that would afford a more frequent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Had blue crab dip appetizer and stuffed shrimp for entree. Both were yummy. Satisfied my craving for crab. Enjoyed the procsecco sangria, which was refreshing! Ordered the strawberry shortcake to go, but it wasn't very tasty. Had sort of an after taste. Maybe would have been better at the table. At the National Harbor the views are great if you get seated next to a window.Special Features:
- Been here to celebrate a few bdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Love the Harbor, right by the river with all different restaurants n shops. Very lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night Go To SpotdatenightfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014My boyfriend and I love this place!! This is our favorite dinner spot for our biweekly date nights 😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the detailsSeventhHeavenDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 7th anniversary at the National Harbor. I travel extensively and have been too many foodie establishments. I typically avoid the big chain, but with this menu, I decided to bend my rule. The entrance was very crowded and noisy, but everything else was amazing. The view at our table was stunning. I loved that M&S could support large groups, be kid friendly, and still give us a sanctuary for two. Then we received the menu. I had mentioned we were celebrating our 7th anniversary in the reservation, and M&S printed out a special menu for us that said "Happy 7th Anniversary!!!" That set the tone for a great meal and dining experience for our personal special occasion. Thank you M&S. You were the perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends birthdaycparkVIPDined on 10/18/2014We started the meal with the crab tower, clam chowder and raw oysters. Both were amazing. I had the rainbow trout which was good but the service really lacked. I did not receive my salad until I got my meal. We were supposed to get pita chips with the crab tower and came with nothing when we asked the waiter about it he threw a handful of saltines on the table. We had to ask for bread and plates for the appetizers. My one friend asked for fried oysters and even though they were not on the menu the request was filled and she said they were the best she ever had! Another friend had the scallops over a potato/crab pancake with spinach which was also amazing! My other friend had the seafood mixed grill which also was awesome.Special Features: