McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
145 National Plaza
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 3015676224x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Adan Gijon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer Full-Service Off-site Catering. Please contact the Catering Sales Manager for more information, at 301-567-6925.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
447 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (277)special occasion (196)great for outdoor dining (177)good for groups (119)romantic (114)great for lunch (103)fit for foodies (76)vibrant bar scene (59)great for brunch (58)notable wine list (58)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (56)kid-friendly (54)late-night find (31)Show More
- Birthday lunchMandyMVIPDined on 9/21/2014I came to McCormick & Schmick to use my $25 birthday credit with my Landry's card, and I also use my $50 gift certificate I had been given at an earlier date. When I reserved my table for lunch for my husband and I - I made note that it was my birthday because often times a restaurant will give a complimentary dessert to the guest of honor - or possibly commemorative menu. When the waiter told me he had something special for me for my birthday, I did not expect him to bring a dessert for my husband as well, only because I told him we could share whatever he was bringing out. I did not see the final bill but only figured today I was charged for both desserts after seeing how much the desserts were. Needless to say I was surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The food was not nearly as good as I thought it was going to be, especially for the price. I will say the service was very nice...which is the only reason I gave this a 3. I would not go back.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I decided to call the restaurant to make a reservation and they told me they were full until after 8 pm and I needed before 6. We had tickets for Cirque. Thank god for open table that had a 530 p. hot early and we were seated promptly. The food was amazing. The only problem we experience was with our drink order. They were always late. The diet coke order never made it to the table. We got our first round of drinks 5 minutes after the appetizers were on the table and we order them before glancing at the menu. The food is really good and so are the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location was is better than mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The Good: Right on the waterfront of the National Harbor. An fantastic venue to take in the sights prior to seeing Cirque Du Soleil. Wait time wasn't too bad (5 min) although I made reservations 3 days prior. Atmosphere was busy and vibrant. Menu selections was varied. They also have a gluten free menu. The Bad: I've had better meals in a seafood restaurant chain. The meals we selected were dry and over saturated with seasoning to make up for the poor taste. The presentation was that of a buffet. My fish was dry and my dates mash potatoes seemed loaded with salt.Ordered a ice tea, my server provided use ice water but never brought by tea.Special Features:
- Fun EnvironmentJonTanDined on 9/19/2014This is a great restaurant to go late night. But the ambiance isn't quite there, probably because it is at the National Harbor, so there are people everywhere. I would prefer a more intimate setting.Special Features:
- Not conducinve to diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Restaurant was far too noisy (from partially separated bar/happy hour) to enjoy dinner (7:45). We had to wait 25 min for our "before dinner" drinks because of a happy hr. that was more important to the restaurant. We were 5 minutes from walking out the restaurant. The meal was worth returning for; the place was not. There was no harbor view for dinner patrons (unless you eat outside on the terrace). But, the restaurant was too loud to dine on the terrace with the rock band playing just outside the door. For those looking for quite dinner conversation, a view of the harbor, and timely service, this is definitely not the place. If a quality, but slightly inflated meal is your only requirement, this should satisfy you. We will not return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Bread was not hot and not enough of it for 8 peopleSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The restaurant was so noisy around 6:30 pm due to Happy Hour clouds. The foods wasn't anything special and over priced.
- Date Night DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Heard great reviews from a coworker so decided to try for a night out. Drinks took a long time for place being empty. Bread was delicious though. I ordered the stuffed flounder.delicious. Rice was undercooked.Boyfriend got the ribeye. He asked for a salad with ranch. Was brought a hot Caesar salad with ranch on the side. Waiter couldn't understand Caesar dressing and ranch dressing don't mix well. Brought another hot salad with watery ranch. Cheese and croutons were good though. Ordered the creme brulee it was life changing. Boyfriend had the cheesecake was so so. Took 30 minutes to get check then another 15 for the waiter to bring the card back.Again restaurant wasnt busy. Overall recommend for a normal dinner but don't expect too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Love coming here for special events love the area. Great food good pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay, not worth the costOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Though the level of service is always a factor in whether or not I enjoy a dining experience (and our waiter was inattentive), as is the selection of food on the menu (closer to nouvelle cuisine without a balance of standard fare), I rated this restaurant lower than one would expect based on name recognition because my overall experience was mediocre. The primary selling point is the view of the Potomac. Unless you sit outside, however, it isn't the right venue for a quiet, romantic dinner, and the patio is only available on a first-come-first-seated basis. Maybe it would work for a lively group of four or more. Or eating at the bar, where noise is typical. All things considered, I wouldn't return here.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedMDandHVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had dinner here last night and will not be going back. We had the "Fish N' Chips" and the "Cashew Crusted Tilapia"...both dishes were good. However, when we first arrived, there was a 'dirty & greasy' bread plate on one setting. The waiter replaced it, but not until long after bringing out our bread. Their bread was very hard and very chewy...didn't care for it at all. Staff could have been a bit more attentive.
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Our waitress was overworked by her own admission, and rude. When we informed the manager, Renee, he seemed very nonchalant about it. We were offered nothing for the poor service.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperienceFitbitDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our 22nd Anniversary here and it was such a wonderful dining experience! The food was amazing! All seafood was extremely fresh and cooked to perfection. Wine selections were outstanding and dessert tasted just like my mothers! This particular restaurant overlooks the water so it was a wonderfully romantic evening! We are certain to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014After reading reviews I was a little worried about service and wait time but we had a fabulous meal, great service, and perfect table with an amazing view. Making a reservation was honored and a good time was had.Special Features:
- Excellent VisitDTPFoodDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent and the timing was perfect. Not rushed but didn't need to wait for anything. Our server (Anthony) was the best. Drinks filled as needed. Stopped by to check on quality as each course was delivered but was not a constant pest. Will return.Special Features:
- + side diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Our first visit to this location at National Harbor. Service was very good from our server however there were two servers arguing over who has the tables in our area on the dining room floor next to our table (not the place to be having that discussion). Food was borderline awesome and the walnut double baked apple pie to finish it off was amazing. Would definitely go back for another visit. Only downfall was the our table location. As the evening set in the setting sun from the outside was right in our eyes making eating and interacting with each other difficult. I noticed a few other tables with the same problem as us.Special Features:
- No ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a 5:45 reservation on 9/13/14 for my wife's birthday. Arrived at the restaurant about ten minutes early and was told we couldn't be seated until our reservation time (which if perfectly fine) so I informed the hostess that we would get a drink at the bar while we waited. At 5:50 I went back to the host stand and was told we would be seated. Five minutes later we were actually seated. We then waited 15 minutes with no service at all, not even to fill water glasses. As we were getting up to leave another server asked if we had not been served and offered to figure out who our server was. I would have waited for a manager but I now had to determine where we could have dinner and still make the show we had tickets for.
- Absolutely 5 starNene40Dined on 9/12/2014Service and food was amazing. Service was great. Wait staff knew the menu made greet recommendations. Food was amazing good portions, great taste. Dessert was unbelievable. Prices match service and food.Special Features:
- Sure Why Not!WhyNot619Dined on 9/10/2014The food was good. The ambiance was also cool. The bread was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAlexDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014At the last minute, decided to head out for seafood - we knew our food would be great. It was. Also first time we weren't able to sit in a view location but the interior. We thought it would be quieter - it wasn't despite the section being fairly empty. (Bar was around the corner - and that is where the crowd was.) we had a very pleasant server - she just was MIA for most of our meal. Long long waits to get first and second courses, wine, water refilled, check delivered and card slip returned. Surprisingly the crowd was in the bar not the dining room so not sure why the delay.Special Features:
- SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2014VERY SLOW SERVICE LEFT WITHOUT EATING THIS PLACE FOCUSES ON CONVENTION ATTENDEES BUT IS NOT GEARED TO PROMPTLY HANDLE THE TRAFFICSpecial Features:
- Untrained waitressJeffVIPDined on 9/8/2014Our server was completely untrained and the service was perhaps the WORST service I've ever had in a nice restaurant. When we ordered a bottle of wine, we were not given the chance to taste it prior to the waitress pouring both glasses. When our Cesar salad came, we requested fresh ground pepper, which should have accompanied the delivery of our salads. We waited about 5 or so minutes before the waitress came back with a pepper mill and sat it on the table. After we finished our salad, she asked us if we had decided on our entrees...which we had ordered at the same time as the salads. Water glasses never refilled, multiple requests to get bread. Just simply lousy service. Food was OK, but disappointing for McCormick & Schmicks.
- AMWKDined on 9/7/2014We had a great waiter who was very knowledgeable of the menu and made excellent suggestions. I have eaten at several McCormicks, but have often stuck with the same selections. On this evening, I followed the suggestion of the waiter and it was excellent. The Harbor location is closer to my home so I will definitely return.Special Features:
- food was delicioussteaklover18Dined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious! My family and I had a great time. Our server Cephas was friendly and helped us choose great entrees although it did take a bit for our soft drinks to arrive at the table, then again, it was Saturday night. I will definitely be coming again and I'll be sure to try dessert this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but noisyMHB1Dined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here on the weekend. Saturday night, the place was very busy and very noisy. Despite the crowd the service was excellent and the food was delicious. The lobster bisque should be illegal it's so decadent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Food and ViewBFrankDined on 9/6/2014I love eating at McCormick and Schmick's at National Harbor. Wonderful food and great views. The only thing that would make it better is if they validated for garage parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Restaurant!Katti703Dined on 9/5/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here and we were NOT disappointed! We were sat at a window seat overlooking the harbor and we're immediately greeted by a smiling waitress who took our drink orders. I can't remember enjoying a drink as much as my Berry Cosmopolitan. It was perfect right down to the beautiful, sweet blackberries. I ordered the crab cakes which were to die for! My husband truly enjoyed his seafood stuffed salmon as well. We split A Creme Brule that was topped with fresh berries, which was just as incredible as the rest of the meal. Meanwhile the sun was just setting outside and we were treated to a beautiful sunset to top off our evening. We will definitely return to enjoy the wonderful experience we had here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but priceyDW43Dined on 9/2/2014This is an "expense account" restaurant. The prices were pretty padded due to the National Harbor location (near Convention Center). The food was good, but not great, and the service was just OK. The fact that we were celebrating an anniversary was totally lost on this restaurant. We let them know through the Open Table App, and let the hostess know, but no mention of it was passed to our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends from out of towntitoVIPDined on 9/1/2014and they and we enjoyed our dinner. Great service and food was great also. Not much that can be said about M&S great food and service. Have always been pleased to go there. One of the few chains that location has made it excellent.Special Features:
- Great place.CrabCakeDined on 8/31/2014It was my first time there and I absolutely enjoyed it. The portions are appropriate to the size of the dish. I go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hecticjr80mDined on 8/31/2014We ate there for lunch ....great. But dinner was a zooSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Restaurant was busy, food was served warm but not hot. Had to ask for bread while others guests received upon seating at table.Special Features:
- foodVIPDined on 8/30/2014Even with a reservation there's a long wait on a Saturday evening. Seated in the back, away from a window...
- Dining at M&SBiskitDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent however, this restaurant is overpriced for the meals (i.e., 4 adults, 1 child paid $200+). The Harbor location and things to do is nice. Paying for parking to enjoy a meal at the National Harbor is still not the best option. I would recommend visiting this M&S for special occasions or when they offer specials deals. M&S should offer parking vouchers (3-4 hours) for guests who primarily visit the National Harbor to dine at their restaurant. Warm RegardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good!WorkerbeeDined on 8/30/2014Our food was really good and our waiter was excellent and helpful. We had to wait a bit for our table but it was okay. We had a good time once we got there. It was really cool that you get a free birthday brownie that was delicious!!!!! We had a harder time finding parking and there was no handicap accessibility!!!!. The street was cordoned off and one of our party was on crutches and the other has a heart problem. Our choices were to take the concrete stairs down five levels or walk a block over to a ramp that was pretty steep. That part was awful but we managed the stairs! The Harbor should have some sort of accomodation for the handicapped!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary at McCormick and Schmick was a true delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, tasty food...DanielleDined on 8/29/2014...but too buttery for my taste. Everything we had seemed to be drenched in butter which, though tasty, was a bit too much. Service was good, friendly staff. Nice ambience as far a looks but on the noisy side.Special Features:
- Good timeFGSanford69Dined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed our meal in national harbor. Nice atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:
- National HarborSoulman1251VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great food and service, super views of the Potomac River. This is a great location with the standard menu.