McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee
2550 North Mayfair Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 4144750700x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is conveniently located near Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, WI. With easy access to the interstate, we are just minutes from Miller Park, the Milwaukee County Zoo, downtown Milwaukee and the lakefront.Continued
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Wauwatosa ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)romantic (23)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)notable wine list (10)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Outstanding surf and turfBookwormDined on 10/11/2014A perfectly prepared meal served by an attentive host makes for an excellent evening. Exceeds expectations every time :)Special Features:
- sieataVIPDined on 10/6/2014What a wonderful dining experience. We were visiting family in Milwaukee and wanted a good restaurant yet quiet so we could talk. The food and service were excellent. Two of us had the Fall festival salmon over roasted vegetables. It was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend it. We had a lovely evening and will be sure to come back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSteph2221Dined on 10/3/2014Our waitress was wonderful and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDinerDined on 10/1/2014Food was great, service was great - a very nice dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice lunchNumbers624Dined on 9/30/2014Was not expecting lunch to be under 50 dollars here but it was and the service was great. My wife and I will come here again for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodbillDined on 9/28/2014A very nice place, friendly, convenient, great food, pricey but worth it..Very cool little bar/food type thing from 4 till 9 or sometime like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedSodey1Dined on 9/26/2014First time at M&S and it was better than we had hoped. Had come with a $150 gift card which is why we dined at M&S rather than our usual seafood restaurant which is much closer to our home. Ambience was great, server was excellent (personable yet professional). Food was fabulous. Actually joined their dining program on the spot. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Over priced for what it is.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Food was good, service was fine, prices are a bit high. The dining room is quite noisey so it's not good if you want a quiet dinner. I think the bar would be a fun happy hour experience.Special Features:
- A Mixed ReviewSupperSallyDined on 9/17/2014We made reservations due to the "Ten Days in Tosa" special. However, it was not mentioned by staff. WE had to ask the waitress about the $20 special. Looking disappointed, she said she'd go get that menu. Three of the 5 of us ordered the special. Otherwise, lobster bisque was $20, and seafood selections cost around $29. We ordered a bottle of white wine, which was poured but not kept in an ice bucket. Dinner was extremely slow to arrive. The waitress apologized before it came. She kindly "comped" another glass of wine for the two men in our group. Food, once it arrived, was very tasty and nicely presented. Portions were very generous, especially the mashed potatoes. Our rice pilaf was loaded with a variety of mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadoDined on 9/15/2014Had a very nice dining experience and everyones food was very good. Waitress was friendly, pleasant, efficient and entertaining. Plus she went out of her way to get the kitchen to prepare something extra we requested. We will return to McCormick and Schmick's another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Drawer!X10u8VIPDined on 9/12/2014Ryan is a wonderful, inventive chef and a superb GM. We feel as if we are at home in his restaurant!Special Features:
- Mike PGolfer9Dined on 9/12/2014I took my parents here for their anniversary. Though I informed them of this, and informed the hostess upon our arrival, no mention was made by the waitress or the manager. The restaurant was under staffed, but our waitress did an admirable job. Our appetizers were decent but, as was the case with the entrees, of low quality food. I ordered filet medium rare, and while it was prepared properly, the meat was low quality so the taste was poor. My parents ordered the "chef special" marlin, which was tough and tepid. The cost of this meal relative to its quality is out of line. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Friday Night Fish FryWichirDined on 9/5/2014The Friday night fish fry is outstanding, especially if you dine before 7pm. They have a New Glarus Spotted Cow Beer special on Fridays from 3pm to 7pm that is hard to beat. A large glass of Spotted Cow is only $3 (rather than $5.50) and the fish and chips is only $12.99 (rather than $18.99). The fish is prepared in a light and crispy Spotted Cow beer batter, very tasty. My wife is not a beer fan, so she ordered the buttermilk shrimp; no special pricing, but the shrimp is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableDoctorJohnDined on 8/29/2014I have eaten at McCormick and Schmick restaurants in four or five cities. The food is always consistently good, and reasonably priced for the quality. Our server, Dale, was outstanding--solicitous without ever seeming to hover.Special Features:
- Dinner for threeDinnerb4stonesconcertVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had the lobster Cobb salad. It was very nicely presented and was very good. The lobster bisque was very nice a nd served table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Fish FryRichGrfaffDined on 8/15/2014We went to McCormick & Schmick's Seafood restaurant at Mayfair Mall to have the special Fish Fry dinners. After getting there, we realized what a place this was. We had been there before and, this time being no different, really appreciate the ambiance, the woodwork and stain glass, the great food, and the fantastic, friendly and helpful service. Thanks McCormick and Schmick's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Happy Hour!ChowHoundVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great selection of very tasty food on their happy hour, and fair drink prices too. We had 2 servers - one in training. Frankly, the young lady in training was far more personable and gave way better service than the seasoned server! The training server was perfunctory, knew absolutely nothing about the wine, and was really just "going through the motions." Aside from the service issues, we enjoyed our visit and will be back.
- A classy place for lunchmargaretwDined on 8/6/2014McCormick & Schmick's never disappoints. The Santa Fe Shrimp salad was fresh and delicious-grilled shrimp, fresh sweet corn and chunks of avocado were delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- chrisangelDined on 7/29/2014everything was very good, service was great and I would definitely visit again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Service was very slow even though there were not a lot of customers but a lot of staff. My food was good. The other dinner had the scallops and seemed small/not a lot. For the price of the menu, it just didn't match up with the food or service.
- Not happy at allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was VERY unsatisfactory. My steak tasted as if it was marinated in floor cleaner. Lobster potatoes were mashed potatoes with lobster soup over the top. Bacon wrapped Shrimp sounded good but not every thing with bacon is good and this was surely not. $120 for two people for dinner and I was never so disappointed. Avoid wasting your money here the beautiful decor' will not make up for the poor food.
- Food OK; service fairOakCreekFoodieDined on 7/25/2014Menu descriptions are much flattering to dishes than the dishes actually are. Has a "chain" type of quality to it. Server appeared to be very young and inexperienced. Brought our entree to table when we were only half through our salads. Took 3 requests for ice water to get it; took 3 requests for more bread to get it. Otherwise, server was attentive.Special Features:
- Friday Night Date NightJewelee032Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I had received a gift card for the restaurant a while ago and just kept forgetting to use it. Finally one Friday night we decided to go. I did make reservations, however the restaurant did not seem as though it would have been a long wait had we not had reservations. Our server Justin was awesome. I'm somewhat of a snob when it comes to service at restaurants. We eat out a lot and I think that a server can totally ruin a meal. This was not the case. Justin was prompt, kind and helpful. He checked on us frequently, but not too frequently. Made suggestions when we asked. Ryan the GM also stopped by our table to make sure our meal and service was what we had expected. It was. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FannnfreakintasticImlovinMandSDined on 7/25/2014OMG, this place is to die for. My wife and I look for new places for date night(which is 1-2 times a month). And besides the price, this place was as my title says "fannnfreakintastic". Everything was large portions and cooked good enough, cause with such an excellent setting and awesome staff, I didn't mind spending this kind of money so we'll def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, meh food.JenniferDined on 7/23/2014I've never eaten here before but heard the service was slow. I went with a group from work (including four gentlemen from France, Japan and Colombia), and my expectation was met: everything was sloooow. It took twenty minutes to get our appetizers, and then our food came five minutes later. Michelle was our server, and she was very nice. The food was nothing special. I'm not a seafoodie, so I had the filet mignon. It was done the way I wanted it, but it was most definitely not the best filet mignon I've had. I've had way better for cheaper, and I have gotten more with it than a hunk of steamed broccoli. The lobster bisque, however, seemed to be a hit for my tablemates. The restaurant itself was forgettable. Overall, I was underwhelmed.Special Features:
- First time - Very niceJPSKIDined on 7/14/2014This was our first visit. The decor is very warm and welcoming. THe staff was great. Justin our server really did a great job to make us feel welcome and introduce us to the menu. He gave great suggestions and clued us in on weekly specials. The food was very good. The only item that turned out to be just "average" was something I ordered even though he did not recommend it. We will definately return.Special Features:
- very goodcandtDined on 7/12/2014very good food and drinks, good service, i wish the menu had more choicesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good but it took a long time for it to arrive at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first experienceluvseafoodDined on 7/11/2014i enjoy seafood. what a wonderful selection. clam chowder outstanding. visiting with friends--no rush to vacate table.Special Features:
- Great food, overpriced cocktailsDianeJoyVIPDined on 7/10/2014All four of us loved our dinners — clam chowder, iceberg wedge with blue cheese, bacon, trout, salmon, flounder. However, almost $12 for a bourbon manhattan (no call brand) was a downer.
- MarsMarsDined on 7/10/2014The food was good. My husband and I both had salmon. There was a shrimp appetizer that was very good, but I can't remember what it was called. The waiter was good but he brought my husband's martini straight up when he wanted it on the rocks. Husband didn't say anything- just drank it. When we went there on New Year's Eve they didn't have shrimp cocktail on the menu. I was so disappointed and that night whatever I did have was not spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch meetingPinky122Dined on 7/3/2014I chose this restaurant because of its location and consistently good food. I was right about those two things. However our waitress wasn't knowledgeable at all about the simplest things on the menu and she was constantly interrupting us when it was clear that we were having a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014We paid over $300 for a meal for four people. The food was unimpressive and we do not plan to return.
- Great place for a quiet dinnerdiane427VIPDined on 6/26/2014The food here is very good, but what I like most about this restaurant is the privacy. I really appreciate that the tables are not crowded together. My husband and I enjoyed our meal, and our ability to share quiet conversation in its well decorated setting.Special Features:
- The following 1269 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee reviews archive.
- After 14 years in the desert...PlatinuDined on 6/22/2014I really needed this. For 14 years I had been yearning for good seafood and finally had the chance to scratch that particular 'itch' at your establishment. Great place, fantastic food, and the waiter was outstanding. The clam chowder alone was by far the best I've ever had. It had no hint of 'fishiness' and it was absolutely delightful. I wish I could recall his name but alas, I'm terrible with remembering names. When I get back out to Wisconsin I'll be back to McCormick & Schmick's! I am already looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 6/20/2014We like to go to M&S occasionally for their fish and chips which is really a nice fish fry on Friday night. The fish is beer-battered, the slaw is tangy, and the fries are standard but good. No bread though. Maybe we had to ask for it and didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitfiddlinroundDined on 6/16/2014I always recommend when at a steak restaurant, order steak and at a seafood restaurant, order seafood! But at my first visit to McCormick & Schmick's I was intrigued by the waiter's recommendation (too late for my order that night) of a steak with side of lobster mashed potatoes. That (a ribeye) is what I ordered this time. It was very good. The steak was a good but not great cut, nicely done (medium) as ordered. Having tried this once, I will now resume following my maxim and have seafood at this restaurant in the future. Others had whitefish and salmon. Both were excellent. This, combined with an excellent dining experience on our first visit, leads me to highly recommend McCormick and Schmick's in Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJAX691Dined on 6/15/2014McCormick and Schmick is an excellent local restaurant that is part of a national chain of quality restaurants. Whether dining our for a simply delicious meal or a special occassion, we have found this to be consistently good. . It would be a great place to take guests or business associates for a great meal and fine time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIFICSubsailormanDined on 6/15/2014Had out of town guests and went here to eat, everybody loved it.Special Features:
- DondieDined on 6/15/2014The trout was one of the best I have ever experienced, and the chef and waiters were unbelievable great. I would definitely come back and recommend this to all my friends. Just had a great time !!!! All the people involved were extremely polite and answered all of our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.