McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee
2550 North Mayfair Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (414) 475-0700
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Dan Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is conveniently located near Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, WI. With easy access to the interstate, we are just minutes from Miller Park, the Milwaukee County Zoo, downtown Milwaukee and the lakefront.Continued
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee - Best Restaurants in Wauwatosa ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (29)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (20)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- XpointVIPDined on 11/19/2014The crab cakes were expensive and very disappointing. Not enough lump crab a mushy. My wife's dinner was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated with no respectNORESPECTDined on 11/9/2014WHEN WE ARRIVED. I SAID THAT WE WANTED ONE PLACE SETTING. TO BE FOR A MISSING MAN. SAID THAT OUR WWII VET. HAD PASSED. THEY SAID FINE, BUT WE WOULD HAVE TO WAIT, UNTIL THE REST OF OUR PARTY ARRIVED. WHEN WE WERE SEATED. IT WAS A TABLE FOR FOUR. WHICH THERE WERE FOUR OF US. THEY JUST PUT A CHAIR AT THE END OF THE TABLE. NO PLACE SETTING. THE WAITER CAME TO ASK IF WE WOULD LIKE SOME WATER. WE SAID YES PLEASE WITH LEMON. HE BROUGHT THE WATER. SOME WITH ICE,AND SOME WITHOUT. WE ASKED FOR THE LEMON. HE SAID HE WOULD BE RIGHT BACK. HE BROUGHT BACK FOUR LITTLE LEMONS SLICES, THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE USED BEFORE. WE ASK FOR SOME BREAD. HE SAID THEY HAD RUN OUT. EACH TIME HE HAD THIS SILLY GRIN ON HIS FACE. THE ENTEES WERE GREAT. I HAVE A LOT MORESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected, excellentNavy82Dined on 11/9/2014This was my first trip to this McCormick and Schmick's, although I've been to others. As anticipated it was very good food. The staff was cooperative with reservation changes several hours before hand even though this was the historical second busiest day of the year (their Veteran's special on Sunday of Veteran's Day weekend). Outstanding menu selction and my choice did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Veterans Day DinnerLuv2BrunchDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I went with our son (the veteran) for his dinner. It was our first time at McCormack & Schmick's. The food was very good, however, I can't honestly say that I would return. I am a very small eater, and for $30 all I got was (4) small scallops and (3) pieces of cauliflower. I had to order a piece of pie so I wouldn't leave hungry.Special Features:
- Outstanding waitress!DianeDined on 11/9/2014I believe her name was Walnita (?) and she was amazing! Despite how busy she was, always there to refill drinks, ask if we needed anything! She should be commended on her attitude and tremendous service! Another note: our reservation for (5), including (3) veterans (two LTCs and one drill sergeant) was accomplished just before our fifth joined us - thanks! It was extremely crowded. Be 5:30 PM, they were out of the beef medalions! What? The three of them ordered another entrée, and were satisfied... Joined the "club" and will return... Sincerely. Diane ZollitschSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCormickDined on 11/9/2014Beautiful restaurant, great food and service. My wife and I always look forward to going to McCormick and Schmicks. On a separate note, your "fit for foodies" tag is unprofessional and doesn't belong on a business orientated document.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's Day MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014My wife and I celebrate our birthdays in November each year. Since you offered a free meal to veterans, we decided to take advantage of the offer and save some money. I was surprised at how well you treated the veterans, and the meal was excellent. I had the beef medallions and they were very good. My wife had your Coho salmon, and was pleased. I would rate your restaurant as a five star establishment. Thank you for the excellent meal and for honoring the veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking TodayLykerosesDined on 11/9/2014Hubby & I visited for Veteran's Day complimentary meals (both are veterans). We've done this the past 3 or 4 years here and visit regularly on Wednesday nights. Today the food was off. We've ALWAYS bragged on the clam chowder & lobster bisque. The chowder was NOT cooked long enough. The potatoes were not fully cooked and it was not thick enough (watery). Per the server, this was the second batch of the day. The beef medallions nor the bisque weren't as tasteful as normal. Although part of our meals were complimentary (we appreciate this), our experience was not as great as it normally is. However, this one time experience will not stop us from returning.Special Features:
- DeliciousJessieDined on 11/9/2014Memorable meal. Red Grouper was better prepared than meals I've had in Florida.Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The food and service was also great we sat at the bar, The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks From A VeteranMOmelanukDined on 11/9/2014We are thankful for a wonderful treat. We waited a few minutes for our reserved table. It was the free meals for Veterans day, and they were busy. Never the less, the staff was warm, welcoming, and attentive. Out food was the usual EXCELLENT from a wide selection menu. There were happy sounds all around us. I can't begin to say enough good about this great restaurant and the chain it belongs to.Special Features:
- Friend of Veteransmarcia853Dined on 11/9/2014Besides other times of the year, I love going when they have their special Veteran's Day event. The menu may be select, but the choices are awesome. I would highly recommend it for any time of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014The salmon was fantastic. I don't like salmon but this was great! I appreciate being honored for my military service. It meant a lot to me.Special Features:
- Greatly DisappointedAnnetteDined on 11/9/2014Cold fish, lukewarm vegetables, and frozen mashed potatoes. Not the kind of meals my friends and I were expecting. Potatoes went back to the kitchen and came back lukewarm. I said to the waitress doesn't the meal come with bread, other tables have bread. She responded: oh, if you want bread I'll bring you some. She brought a small loaf for ten people. I've been to this restaurant before where everything was great, but definitely not on Sunday, Nov 11 for Veterans Day. Other restaurants have no problem serving hot food, why McCormick & Schmick can't is beyond me.
- over pricedDawneitDined on 11/8/2014Our dinners were over priced. Salad should be included with dinners. Took 15 min to get our first drink.Special Features:
- Occasional diner2dinersDined on 11/5/2014Service that night was slow, we were a party of three and we were there for 2 hours, that is very unusual. We have been there a number of times and have always had great service. The food was great as usual and we will surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceMissitalyDined on 11/1/2014My experience was mostly unimpressive, the service we received from our waitress was absolutely horrible. She was extremely rude when we would politely ask questions about the menu saying snootily "I wouldn't know, I don't eat meat" which can be understandable but her tone was completely unacceptable. We came late at night when the place was virtually empty and it took 30min to get our drinks and an hour to get bread and butter. However horrible the service the food was very good. We had the blackened chicken Alfredo and the salmon rigatoni and it was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spacey ServiceCosmicDinersDined on 11/1/20142nd visit in 2 mos. Service last time was great, but different server. This time, maybe the waiter was new, was a different story. Nice, but was a bit spacey. Luckily we had time to spare. Example: Drinks-got 3 out of 4 right-but forgot the olives as requested-finally got them after several reminders. Actually by the end of our dinners it was getting quite comical. Martinis were very good thankfully since they cost 12.50 - they were not 'watered down'. Food was good, but not that good for the prices. We've decided too over-priced for what you get and salads or soups are not included. We will remember the occasion & chuckle, but probably won't be back, mainly because the food wasn't worth the cost.Special Features:
- this visit was not up to parLauraVIPDined on 10/28/2014I typically find this a great spot to have lunch with clients. But the past visit was very disappointing in a number of ways. I have already spoken with manager, but as a warning, if you have food issues don't rely on the staff -even those that have been there for years. there's a disappointing lack of knowledge for food service professionals. be careful
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014A lovely restaurant with good food, beautifully presented by attentive, and amusing, staff. It's our "go to" for special occasions.Special Features:
- IknowgreatfoodVIPDined on 10/18/2014Service - 5 stars Food, Parmesan Crusted Flounder - 4 stars for taste, 2 stars for being lukewarm Food, Fettuccini - 2 stars for taste, 2 stars for being lukewarm Food, Lump Crab Cake - 5 stars My trip to McCormick & Schmick's was a good experience. I would come back to try other items on the menu - if I'm ever in the area again. Thanks!
- Outstanding surf and turfBookwormDined on 10/11/2014A perfectly prepared meal served by an attentive host makes for an excellent evening. Exceeds expectations every time :)Special Features:
- sieataVIPDined on 10/6/2014What a wonderful dining experience. We were visiting family in Milwaukee and wanted a good restaurant yet quiet so we could talk. The food and service were excellent. Two of us had the Fall festival salmon over roasted vegetables. It was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend it. We had a lovely evening and will be sure to come back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSteph2221Dined on 10/3/2014Our waitress was wonderful and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningDinerDined on 10/1/2014Food was great, service was great - a very nice dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Nice lunchNumbers624Dined on 9/30/2014Was not expecting lunch to be under 50 dollars here but it was and the service was great. My wife and I will come here again for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodbillDined on 9/28/2014A very nice place, friendly, convenient, great food, pricey but worth it..Very cool little bar/food type thing from 4 till 9 or sometime like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedSodey1Dined on 9/26/2014First time at M&S and it was better than we had hoped. Had come with a $150 gift card which is why we dined at M&S rather than our usual seafood restaurant which is much closer to our home. Ambience was great, server was excellent (personable yet professional). Food was fabulous. Actually joined their dining program on the spot. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Over priced for what it is.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Food was good, service was fine, prices are a bit high. The dining room is quite noisey so it's not good if you want a quiet dinner. I think the bar would be a fun happy hour experience.Special Features:
- A Mixed ReviewSupperSallyDined on 9/17/2014We made reservations due to the "Ten Days in Tosa" special. However, it was not mentioned by staff. WE had to ask the waitress about the $20 special. Looking disappointed, she said she'd go get that menu. Three of the 5 of us ordered the special. Otherwise, lobster bisque was $20, and seafood selections cost around $29. We ordered a bottle of white wine, which was poured but not kept in an ice bucket. Dinner was extremely slow to arrive. The waitress apologized before it came. She kindly "comped" another glass of wine for the two men in our group. Food, once it arrived, was very tasty and nicely presented. Portions were very generous, especially the mashed potatoes. Our rice pilaf was loaded with a variety of mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadoDined on 9/15/2014Had a very nice dining experience and everyones food was very good. Waitress was friendly, pleasant, efficient and entertaining. Plus she went out of her way to get the kitchen to prepare something extra we requested. We will return to McCormick and Schmick's another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Drawer!X10u8VIPDined on 9/12/2014Ryan is a wonderful, inventive chef and a superb GM. We feel as if we are at home in his restaurant!Special Features:
- Mike PGolfer9Dined on 9/12/2014I took my parents here for their anniversary. Though I informed them of this, and informed the hostess upon our arrival, no mention was made by the waitress or the manager. The restaurant was under staffed, but our waitress did an admirable job. Our appetizers were decent but, as was the case with the entrees, of low quality food. I ordered filet medium rare, and while it was prepared properly, the meat was low quality so the taste was poor. My parents ordered the "chef special" marlin, which was tough and tepid. The cost of this meal relative to its quality is out of line. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Friday Night Fish FryWichirDined on 9/5/2014The Friday night fish fry is outstanding, especially if you dine before 7pm. They have a New Glarus Spotted Cow Beer special on Fridays from 3pm to 7pm that is hard to beat. A large glass of Spotted Cow is only $3 (rather than $5.50) and the fish and chips is only $12.99 (rather than $18.99). The fish is prepared in a light and crispy Spotted Cow beer batter, very tasty. My wife is not a beer fan, so she ordered the buttermilk shrimp; no special pricing, but the shrimp is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableDoctorJohnDined on 8/29/2014I have eaten at McCormick and Schmick restaurants in four or five cities. The food is always consistently good, and reasonably priced for the quality. Our server, Dale, was outstanding--solicitous without ever seeming to hover.Special Features:
- Dinner for threeDinnerb4stonesconcertVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had the lobster Cobb salad. It was very nicely presented and was very good. The lobster bisque was very nice a nd served table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Fish FryRichGrfaffDined on 8/15/2014We went to McCormick & Schmick's Seafood restaurant at Mayfair Mall to have the special Fish Fry dinners. After getting there, we realized what a place this was. We had been there before and, this time being no different, really appreciate the ambiance, the woodwork and stain glass, the great food, and the fantastic, friendly and helpful service. Thanks McCormick and Schmick's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Happy Hour!ChowHoundVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great selection of very tasty food on their happy hour, and fair drink prices too. We had 2 servers - one in training. Frankly, the young lady in training was far more personable and gave way better service than the seasoned server! The training server was perfunctory, knew absolutely nothing about the wine, and was really just "going through the motions." Aside from the service issues, we enjoyed our visit and will be back.
- A classy place for lunchmargaretwDined on 8/6/2014McCormick & Schmick's never disappoints. The Santa Fe Shrimp salad was fresh and delicious-grilled shrimp, fresh sweet corn and chunks of avocado were delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- chrisangelDined on 7/29/2014everything was very good, service was great and I would definitely visit again.