McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean
8484 Westpark Drive, #130
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (703) 848-8000
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Cody Lynch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Leesburg Pike
- Public Transit: Fairfax Connector, Route 427, Tysons-West*Park Transit Station/West Falls Church Metro Line, Weekday Service Only.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet Service from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. We also validate self-parking for 2 hours for Lunch and Dinner.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean
In the heart of Northern Virginia's high-tech corridor and in the Tysons Corner/McLean area, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Steaks is the perfect place to enjoy fine dining with family, friends and business associates. The handsome interior of rich mahogany wood, brass and stained glass creates an inviting, upscale, yet unpretentious atmosphere.Continued
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (39)romantic (37)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent seafoodMikeDined on 11/16/2014We had salmon and swordfish and they were excellent. The lobster bisque was also very good. We have always enjoyed our meals at McCormick & Schmick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- renovatels55VIPDined on 11/15/2014This location is in desparate need of a renovation. its dark and drab. we went on a saturday night and it was mostly empty. food was decent thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is only average at bestbkadncrDined on 11/14/2014The atmosphere is great, very dark and moody. However the primary purpose of going to a restaurant is to eat and with that, we were disappointed. The chicken was dry and the swordfish was overdone. The timing was also off; they brought the main course while we were still finishing our salads. They want to be first rate but they just don't quite cut it. There are too many other places in Tysons Corner that are better.
- Outragious wine mark-upViennaWeeneeVIPDined on 11/11/2014McCormick and Schmicks is not unique in this but do they really have to charge $38 a bottle for a bottle I can buy retail for $8?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honoring Veterans - Thank you!PastorDined on 11/9/2014Thank you to McCormick & Schmick for honoring the vets and specifically my five veteran friends. The were greatly honored by the great food and very good service.Special Features:
- Wonderful and GraciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Can't be thankful enough for the wonderful service, and graceful accomodation of our party of six. We all felt very honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good,service not so good.OttoDined on 11/9/2014The food at M&S was excellent, as always. And I appreciate the veteran's free meal, although we spent a lot beyond that. My only problem with this visit was the unusually slow service. They were busy, but it took more than half an hour to get our appetizer, which was a dozen oysters. The waiter also forgot what we had ordered for the main course and had to come back to ask again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M & S for VeteransOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014I can't speak highly enough about M & S offering a free entrée for us Veterans. While they have a limited menu, it contains many of their most popular and diverse choices. I have had many of them over the years and all were excellent. This year, I had forgotten my wallet and didn't want to turn around and miss my reservation time. I believed they would trust me that I was a Veteran and spot me a glass of wine. Mr. Dan Segrest did just that. It's that kind of place, good character of its ambiance and people, reliable quality of food and service, and a place you WANT to take people for a quality dining experience. As we say in the sea services, BZ. V/R, GordonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Touch and PresentationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Individuals walk past the kitchen and see all the various dishes being prepared or delivered. Stroke of genius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but too cold insideKarenVIPDined on 11/9/2014I've been here many times and enjoyed. This time we had an unpleasant hostess, and slow service We were so cold, we had to wear coats. They had cold air blowing out of the vents. We complained, but nothing changed. Hard to enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- QeatsDined on 11/9/2014My party of six had a fantastic time . The food was excellently prepared and presentation was very nice. The food was served hot and it was delicious. We're already making plans for a repeat visit to try some of the other entrees on the menu. The crab & corn chowder was so fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran RecognitionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Although busy--the restaurant's employees were friendly, responsive to inquiries and efficient in helping customers. We enjoyed our shrimp and fish and chips plates. They were cooked well and brought a smile to my wife's face. Our waiter, "Vin", should receive kudos for his conscientious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst restaurant ever!DukeDined on 11/9/2014Seated in a very cold room with AC blowing--outside air temp 55 degrees. No water served with meal even after request. No bread with meal even after request (twice). Crab corn soup --good taste but served luke warm. My plank Salmon was over cooked and very dry --My date had crusted Grouper served so oily that you could only taste the oil. Service was the worst I have ever experienced and there was not a crowd! I will NEVER return to this location and I suggest you try some other place. I talked with the Manager before I left and she assured me she would address the service--better talk to the cooks too!! NEVER AGAIN!!
- Great ExperienceLauMarDined on 11/9/2014We go to this restuarant several times a year. As always we enjoyed the food and the service was outstanding. Our cocktails and special coffee met our expectations We were there for a Veterans Day dinner and the free offerings by McCormick and Schmidts were commendable.Special Features:
- CujoKDined on 11/9/2014First of all I want to thank McCormick and Schmick's for their Veterans Day offer of a free meal. My wife ordered the Buttermilk Fried Shrimp and said they were very good. I wanted salmon so I had a choice between the Cedar Plank Salmon and the Grilled Salmon. I chose the grilled. Funny thing was there were no grill marks in the salmon and appeared to be baked. I think I may have received the Cedar Plank Salmon instead. It was served over a berry reduction sauce which I wasn't a big fan of. I don't think it complimented the salmon. The salmon itself could have used some seasoning. The sour dough bread was excellent although we had to ask our server for it. The potatoes were firm and very good as were the green beans.
- Good ExperienceJenn25Dined on 11/9/2014Sunday, the restaurant was honoring veterans by providing a free lunch. The food was good, but, not great. The salad appeared that it had been sitting in the refrigerator. The Parmesan Chicken was good, but, not what you would expect at a restaurant of M&S caliber. I guess I shouldn't complain, because the meal was free. However, I wouldn't visit this location again if they aren't offering a special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful service and the food wasVeteransDined on 11/9/2014Outstanding ! Service and all staff very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Day Kudos!JuddVIPDined on 11/9/2014I am a retired Army officer and M and S offered a free meal for Veterans on Sunday, November 9th with reservations. We were very impressed that this was very well organized and pleasant. It was not over-crowded and we were not rushed and had great service. Food was good and consistent and they even had a 1/2 price wine special as well. We salute M and S for doing this as an honor to Veterans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 11/9/2014We had reservations at 1pm for a booth and they put us in the bar area. Our waiter was not friendly or attentive to us The food was only fair We ordered dinner and received not bread/rolls
- SolidMikeDined on 11/9/2014Very nice ambience, although location inside office building not great. Waitress was awesome. Fried calamari also had fried vegetables which was a nice take.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I was grat full to have a classy meal in return for my serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alaskan snow stormSkeetsDined on 11/9/2014Food and service was good,but when the temperature inside is colder than outside and its around 46 degrees outside and since there was no heat in the restaurant period it made everthing else not as a pleasurable experience. We were in the restaurant for 1 1/2 hours and a ice cube on the floor didn't melt at All.Special Features:
- $150 for ApplebeesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I took my wife there for her birthday dinner. The service was inattentive at best, rude and neglectful at worst. The food was comparable to Applebees. I had the $36 rib eye. I've had better at longhorn. My wife had the sea scallops. They were barely seasoned. We had a mango and crab appetizer. The mango wasn't even ripe enough to have flavor. The crab even didn't taste like crab. At a seafood restaurant. Highly disappointed. Definitely not worth ⅓ the money.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014Came for dinner on a Saturday night -- two couples. The place is pretty dead on a Saturday night. I guess that their main thing is the weekday business crowd. Anyway, we were seated in one of the private tables at the front of the restaurant (little rooms with one large table that you can curtain off). I love that set-up -- quieter and private and fun. Only problem was how cold it was -- maybe because we were so close to the door on a chilly night but more likely because the heat/AC was not right for the weather. Food and service were good. Loved the seasonal kale salad. There were some surprisingly creative items on the food menu, and the cocktail menu was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent celebration placeCaptBobDined on 10/29/2014Fresh Oysters were outstanding, steak done perfectly but too thin, the chocolate bag of berries was decadent and the service was effective and discrete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentgreatDined on 10/22/2014Great place and romantic. The customers at the bar were very noisy. I like to small room for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly impressed!GoldenfingersDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed spending my Anniversary there. Table was perfect and just right for party of two. Food was fresh and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFIC311Dined on 10/18/2014Thank you for the many accommodations made for our daughter's sweet 16 dinner. Great attention to detail and very helpful staff and management. I'd definitely recommend this location for any special event.Special Features:
- Business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The red snapper was delicious as was the soup. However, the fish tacos were overcooked and briney in taste. The service was impeccable and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and great foodValetinesVisitDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I were celebrating my recent promotion and had a great evening - we were not rushed and had time to relax, talk and enjoy ourselves. The restaurant has an excellent menu and we both enjoyed our meals. The waiter recommended an excellent wine to go with the meal that we also enjoyed.Special Features:
- ReviewRoseDined on 10/12/2014Mediocre at best. Service was good and attentive but food was fair at best.Special Features:
- Good restaurantGoodrestaurantDined on 10/10/2014Good food, service and ambiance. Music a bit too loud.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 10/8/2014Great food and good service, with private booths available.Special Features:
- SwordfishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I chose the special which was swordfish which was outstanding on a bed of spinach. The only suggestion to make it better was to serve it with a wild rice or garlic mashed potatoes along with the spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchmadweberDined on 10/1/2014Like a top notch steak restaurant, but for both fish and steak.Special Features:
- Not impressed.... old schooljaislandbellaDined on 9/29/2014It was a slow night. The restaurant was practically empty. It had a dated appearance.The crab tower appetizer was bland. Some of the chunks of mango in the dish seemed to be frozen. The rest of the food was tasty however, I did not care for the bland and boring pieces of broccoli and carrots placed on my plate.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The service was terrible, our server was extremely rude we had to talk to a manager about getting a different server and we did. The food and drinks took forever to get to our table and we weren't greeted for 15 minutes after being sat. Overall the experience there was terrible and I will never go there again and will tell people not to go there.Special Features:
- DianeVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times over the past years. This past time we decided to try several appetizers as it was late and we only wanted light fare. We thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers we had. Out server was Adele and he was very accommodating and attentive.Special Features:
- Great PlaceluvtoeatVIPDined on 9/23/2014Love the restaurant. It has good food and have large servings! I recently celebrated my birthday there and we have a private room/booth. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveBeeGeeDeeDined on 9/21/2014We enjoy McCormick & Schmick's but do not go often because of the prices. Extras such as side dishes are over priced, as is the wine by the glass. The Chef's special is more of a bargain. My entree was the flounder and it was excellent. The molten chocolate dessert is scrumptious. We like the privacy of the curtained booths; however, they make it difficult to catch the waiter's eye.