McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean
8484 Westpark Drive, #130
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 7038488000
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Cody Lynch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Leesburg Pike
- Public Transit: Fairfax Connector, Route 427, Tysons-West*Park Transit Station/West Falls Church Metro Line, Weekday Service Only.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary Valet Service from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. We also validate self-parking for 2 hours for Lunch and Dinner.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean
In the heart of Northern Virginia's high-tech corridor and in the Tysons Corner/McLean area, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Steaks is the perfect place to enjoy fine dining with family, friends and business associates. The handsome interior of rich mahogany wood, brass and stained glass creates an inviting, upscale, yet unpretentious atmosphere.Continued
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)great for lunch (51)good for groups (40)romantic (36)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (20)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)scenic view (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- Surf and TurfOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014This is the place to go for their occasional special of lobster tail and steak. Excellent. Service was great, and the gentleman was very knowledgeable about the entree choices. Also, the bar scene, especially just after work, is enjoyable with young professionals.Special Features:
- nice, okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was VERY hard to find as it was in the fist floor of a hidden office complex. We were celebrating a special occasion and therefore wanted a "special" experience. We had excellent wait staff and our own private cubby hole with a curtain for dinner. I would say the food was good, but not spectacular. For an appetizer We had the calamari, which was "unspectacular" and included some other deep fried veggies?? I had crab cakes that were a bit too bready, lumps of bread actually. My husband had a combo platter with stuffed shrimp and salmon. The salmon looked a bit overcooked and the stuffed shrimp again were very bready instead of crabby. For a "famous" seafood restaurant, the food was just so so. This was my first time hereSpecial Features:
- CalvinnPiperVIPDined on 8/25/2014dinner is always good -- atmosphere is pleasant and appropriate for business meetings
- Excellent seafoodMikeDined on 8/23/2014McCormick & Schmick is always our first choice for seafood. This visit was like all the others: both of our meals were delicious. My lobster bisque contained a lot of lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landry ManagementGreybeardDined on 8/20/2014I used to enjoy the ambiance of M&S more before the Landry group purchased the M&S chain of restaurants. Landry has stripped off many of the decorative touches that made each place unique and now it looks just a like one of many of an indifferent chain of slop shops. The music used to be pleasant, unobtrusive background sound. Now it is more intrusive hip-hop kind of junk. As business investment decisions, these moves may make sense, but they have disappointed me as a loyal customer.Special Features:
- Pasta!shanksDined on 8/17/2014The restaurant is known for the steak and seafood, I would highly recommend the Cajun pasta!Special Features:
- Fine servicepaulieDined on 8/16/2014The extended family came for a dinner ranging all age groups and there was something for everyone. Appetizers for sharing came out and there was enough for all to get samplings. Ordered the main courses and overall everything was ok. In my instance the fish could have been cooked a minute less. I think the cooking technique of putting on generous amounts of butter mitigated that dried overcooked fish texture. Service was spot on as our server was very friendly, polite, and looked out for the kids. I have been there many times over the years. I think the main dining area could use a little makeover after all these years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed the stained glass light fixtures and the decor- traditional, classy and "cozy feeling". The food was very good, especially the homemade sauces that came with the calamari. The only thing missing is that bread wasn't served before the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualseafoodiDined on 8/12/2014Excellent place for a variety of fresh seafood all expertly prepared. Everything we had were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great LunchSEHLunchspotDined on 8/12/2014As always I am guaranteed that I can meet someone for lunch and the food and service does not detract from the business at hand. Thanks M&S for a perfect place to meet and greet friends and clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reviewGwensDined on 8/10/2014I loved my dinner. We had great food and service. I always enjoy this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceSnickersVIPDined on 8/5/2014one of the consistently best seafood restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ceobossDined on 8/5/2014Superlative A+ in every possible way! You will need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectbeach9to5Dined on 8/2/2014It was perfect for all 12 of US- service was great and waiter was very engaged with the group needs-Special Features:
- Gwens review92755Dined on 8/1/2014A friend was going to a new job and I invited her to join me for dinner. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Business Lunch Top ChoiceSEHLunchspotDined on 7/31/2014The staff was very efficient and the food was very good. This is a great place to meet when there is a special meeting that need to be done during lunch. Everything was timely and therefore this will always be my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodmksantanaDined on 7/29/2014The food use to have a wow factor but now the meat was not as soft and not as flavorful as i remember it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014It was a beautiful day to sit outside on the patio. Food was delish and service was good. Good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Gwen's review92755Dined on 7/20/2014We went to McCormick and Schmick's very early and sat in the bar. It was great!! the food, bread, drinks were all superb.Special Features:
- Delicious Sea BassJJViennaDined on 7/19/2014I highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass - it was delicious. I love that you can add lobster tails to your meal. We got one entre and added a couple lobster tails and shared. They split it into two plates and it was the perfect amount of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentLindaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Love the seafood - done very well. Go there often and I'm never disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a Reliable Seafood OptionbreakfastloverVIPDined on 7/17/2014The Thai mussels were outstanding; the cedar-planked Sockeye salmon was wonderful; the cod was delicious. This M&S always serves reliably good seafood with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDisappointedDined on 7/13/2014I have been to the McCormick & Schmicks in downtown DC, Norfolk and now McLean. All have been a rousing disappointment. The menu basically has not changed in 15+ years. The food is tasteless and the décor is 1990s, at best. My salmon dish (a "special" for their 35th anniversary) was so bland and dry that I had to send it back to have it redone. Although the chef came out to explain the dish (basically admitting that they provide no seasoning), I was left underwhelmed. I can cook better salmon at home. As my husband said as we left "I guess this goes on the 'no list'."
- FANTASTIC!!!DianeDined on 7/12/2014Had dinner and it was wonderful!!! Salads were great and the seafood was excellent!!!! Will definitely be returning again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 7/11/2014The food was very good, as was the service. The window views are awful, overlooking a dreary grass, grating and concrete exterior.
- Ok restaurantDisappointedDined on 7/9/2014The food was mediocre and service was fair. The DC location is much nicer. Unfortunately we were disappointed and will not choose this location again.
- Quiet and relaxingRichDined on 7/4/2014we had a dinner here on july 4th with my family. --quiet-- easy parking--great food and service-- couldn't ask for more.
- Not Our Best ExperienceDoinwhatcomesnaturallyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Went on 4th of July. The Chef met us at the door and took us to our table, interesting touch, eh? After cocktails and an appetizers (both were great) the problem was a surf and turf special they had for the holiday. The steak was over-cooked and the lobster was bad (tasted like sulphur or iodine). Manager took the meal off the check (least that could be done) and comped us some after-dinner coffee. We are regulars and this experience is far and away the worst we have ever had here. Not sure if we will go back...it will be a while, regardless.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!kayceeintulsaVIPDined on 7/2/2014We always enjoy M&S for lunch and this was first dinner at Tyson's location. Service and food were both excellent. Started with ceasar salad and we had Salmon with roasted vegetables and blackened Cod as entrees. All were served hot and tasted wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surrounded with SerenityBruncherDined on 6/28/2014My guest and I were given one of the small alcove rooms that has a table for six. The room has beautifully paneled walls and even has green velvet draperies at the entrance. So we had perfect silence in which to enjoy the extraordinary chef's selection - salmon studded with crab, scallops, shrimp, and brie served over crisp broccoli and rich mashed potatoes. Superb!Special Features:
- dissatisfiedDined on 6/28/2014Not a good value. Seafood was on par with Red Lobster with a higher price. If the choice of french fries is McCormick or a fast food restaurant, I would go with the fast food choice. When you order a glass of wine, my wife expected more than a third of a glass. The waiter dispeared after taking the order and never returned until he was flagged down by which point we did not care to order anything else. Whatever your reason for going out to dinner, there are better choices.
- bethesdabobDined on 6/25/2014A GREAT MEAL AND WONDERFUL AMBIANCE. A LOT OF ATTENTION FROM OUR WAITER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit the bill for my wife's birthdayCharlieDined on 6/21/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. Food was good and the Heath Brownie was excellent for dessert.Special Features:
- McCormick & Schmick rocks 2014VoiceanpenDined on 6/21/2014FANTASTIC meal, service, and experience at the McLean, VA location!!! Exceeded expectations. Please extend our personal thanks to the Chef and staff for an absolutely unique and memorable experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our meal and the serviceLindaVIPDined on 6/15/2014We had the clam chowder which was very nice - not the best I've ever had, but nice. My husband had the fried shrimp which was ample in quantity and was nicely presented. My stuffed shrimp was nice - again not the best I've ever had, but certainly good. For folks wanting good food but nothing spicey or unusual, this is a good place. Our service was top notch. We ate outside because it was a lovely day but all you have to look at are the cars coming and going. The valet parking is certainly a nice perkSpecial Features:
- Great fishrwkahnDined on 6/15/2014The three of us had three different fish preparations and all were quite good. We did have to ask for bread (a good sourdough) and for refills of our water. It seems McCormick and Schmick is becoming less of a special place to eat, despite the $36.99 for simply-prepared halibut, and just another restaurant where parents don't monitor their children. The only way to have an enjoyable meal is to request one of the secluded (behind drapes) tables. That will be in our request if we make future reservations at the McLean M & S.Special Features:
- The Twilight ZoneAlessandroVIPDined on 6/14/2014We found McCormick & Schmick's in Tyson's to be a rather bizarre place - a single row of 5 tables arrayed down a corridor flanked by booths with drapes mostly pulled shut! The constant noise of waiters shuffling tableware to the left of us and a couple bickering behind closed drapes to the right of us! The slamon on a wooden plank was pretty good but the tuna steak was bone dry, just sucked the moisture right out of your mouth! Lastly, the location was strange, in the lobby of an office building in an area of office buildings. And the cost was rather pricey given the quality of the food and the dodgy ambience.
- Star AttractionChefBobVIPDined on 6/13/2014McCormick & Smick's new restaurant in Tysons corner is a real hit. McCormick & Smick's is one of our favorite restaurants, whether in Naples Florida, or South Beach Florida. Steaks are always some of the best in town, and seafood is always fresh and very appetizing. The appetizers are good and the drinks are fantastic. Valet parking is offered at this McCormick & Smick's so set your GPS as it is tucked away in one of the office buildings. The prices are reasonable, and the decor inside is absolutely fantastic. We had never had a bad meal at any McCormick & Smick's restaurants anywhere up and down the East Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mostly goodroffahDined on 6/13/2014The main courses (grilled snapper and blackened mahi mahi) were quite good. Vegetable sides were good, mashed potatoes fair and lukewarm in one case. The crab cake appetizer was quite good, but the oysters were a major disappointment in that they were small, not particularly tasty and overpriced. Desserts and coffees were OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two disappointmentsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014Very disappointed - No local craft beers on tap. Shocking, really. Northern VA region is a strong local beer market and their absence does not speak well of M&S local vendor purchasing decisions nor customer preferences. Disappointed - My two colleagues were expecting to order a favorite salad -- a cobb of some sort I think -- and it was no longer on the menu.Special Features: