McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
1652 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/dc
- Phone: (202) 861-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 4:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Bar open 1 hour past close each night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Giacomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant has many options for private/semi-private meeting and dining space. Inquire with our Special Event Coordinator to reserve your special occasion!
- Cross Street: Between 16th and 17th on "K" Street
- Public Transit: Located near the Farragut North (Red Line) and Farragut West (Orange/Blue Line) Metro stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages at 1667 K St. NW (.02 miles), 1625 I St. NW (.04 miles), and street parking throughout the week.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
McCormick & Schmick's is in the heart of D.C.'s business district, just two blocks from The White House. Widely regarded as the place to see the city's most famous and notable names, it has distinguished itself with a fresh-daily menu of more than 30 seafood and fish selections from around the world. Its lively bar features the best shoe shine in town and a happy hour noted by the Washington Business Journal as "phenomenal" and voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Washingtonian Magazine readers. Outdoor patio is open April thru October. In addition to our regular menu, Executive Chef Fernando Giacomini and General Manager Barry Hathaway feature great specials like Filet & Jumbo Shrimp Combination and great seasonal wild selection. Make your reservation today!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street) reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)good for groups (55)great for lunch (46)fit for foodies (31)romantic (28)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- The wait staff quality is now lowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2014The wait staff quality has sunk a lot since we ate there last year. Some are surly, poorly trained, poor command of language. That lowered the ratings substantially, though the food was good as usual. We will not be returning to the Washington DC restaurant, but will rather eat at the Tysons Corner one which is consistently good in all aspects.Special Features:
- InconsistentKittyDined on 11/13/2014This used to be a great place for a business lunch, with consistent quality of food, including a few great specialties, and timely and attentive service. Lately, the food quality has been inconsistent. The service is very friendly, but can be very slow, even when it is not crowded.
- A*******OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2014Excellent Meal and Service, wonderful dinner. My shrimp were wonderful.
- Veterans DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014so grateful for McCormick and Schmidts support for veterans. Great way to spend the holiday with my fellow veteran friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThLd1Dined on 11/9/2014My experience at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood was heavenly. The only complaint I have is the water. DC's water is potent with the smell and taste of fluoride. Such a prestigious business as this should have filtered water, especially with the prices one has to pay for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Service as Well as FoodFoodieDined on 11/9/2014I truly enjoyed my meal, it was really really delicious and the service was great. I would love to come to DC all the time dine in this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchkkiaDined on 11/9/2014I had a great time for lunch. Our Waiter was exceptional. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDCL1234Dined on 11/8/2014We had a reservation for 7:15 but was not seated until 8:05. We were fine to wait at the bar and have a few drinks and appetizers however 2 member of the party waited 45 minutes for martinis. Others in the party were served the wrong drinks that still tok forever. We asked to speak to a manager but she was busy and didn't come out. We asked to speak to a manager after dinner to explain that the drinks from the bar should be comped due to them taking 45 minutes, she acted inconvenienced. She comped the ones that took long and said "are you happy now?" All around poor experience, I think Sean was our server and did the best of anyone. Spent years working in restaurants, I'm usually forgiving but this was just bad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/8/2014we were visiting our oldest son who lives in bethesda, our younger son came for the night from philadelphia, his birthday was the next day and we wanted a nice place for dinner. had trouble getting reservations elsewhere, so we came here. got a great private booth/room with a curtain for privacy. our waiter was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, excellent seatsJoanieHDined on 11/6/2014Had to wait a about 5 min for our table, which wasn't bad. Service was excellent, love the private booths, food this time wasn't as great as in the past. The fries were a little soggy, which is a shame because I don't eat them often. Several of us had the crab cake sandwich, and it was really very good.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerfoodie16Dined on 11/5/2014Salad with blue cheese and stuffed salmon with Brie were perfect. Mahi mahi was a little overlooked and dry. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter, Marvin was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014The filet was cooked to perfection but your vegetables (broccoli and carrots) need some TLC. The apple pie dessert was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2014I had not been to McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in quite a while, maybe years and I'm very close to the location. That will change, the food, service and the remodel were all an experience in excellent. Thank you for a great experience.Special Features:
- What happened??SuZeQuZeVIPDined on 10/28/2014My husband and I have been dining at McC & Schmick restaurants (K St, Penn Quarter, and Bethesda until it closed) since it opened in DC many years ago, and until the other night have always had good food and pleasant service. But Tuesday evening was enough of a disaster to make us reconsider our loyalty. -- First, two servers battled over which was to get our table. That was unpleasant and unnecessary. -- Then the food (your special miso-braised scallops) was slightly overcooked, arranged messily on the plate with another white food, cauliflower, and not very tasty. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Special dinnerCathyKDined on 10/25/2014We had a very special dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. The crabcakes we started with were super -- I had seafood with lots of veggies which I loved. Hubbie had a great steak. We even had dessert which was worth the calories!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT seasonal foodLaxMom23Dined on 10/25/2014LOVE LOVE this restaurant. We visit and bring my college son here every time w visits him at college and we enjoy our food each & every time! Blue Crab Soup was outstanding (a seasonal special), my son enjoyed his lobster, and I my shrimp. My husband his ribeye steak. Amt of food was less than the last time was here, about 6 mos ago, but still just as tasty. We enjoyed the quiet atmosphere, and we had a wonderful waiter as well. Always a pleasure! Will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchimdubiousVIPDined on 10/23/2014M&S remains one of my favorite business lunch locations. A snug gives you a feeling of privacy, yet open enough to the rest of the restaurant to let the ambiance enter.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 10/18/2014Room was very cold but staff was very responsive in getting temperature adjusted. Wait staff was very pleasant but food took about 55-60 minutes to be served from time of initial order of entree to food reaching table. Food was fair to good in taste. We had a group of 10. Recommend this location but with reservation. If they can find a way to speed service, it would be a much better experience. Considering cost of food, this was quite disappointing. Entire group decided NOT to order dessert for fear we would have to wait another hour to receive. Will likely not return.Special Features:
- DisappointedMickeyDDined on 10/18/2014My food came out barely warm...but I didn't want to bring the mood down by sending my plate back.
- We had a novice waiterFormerFedVIPDined on 10/16/2014So had problems with slow service and misunderstood orders. The guy was friendly and will probably improve with experience. We shared the Shrimp Kisses to start and both liked those. I got the simply-grilled Mahi Mahi, which was very tasty. She got the Steak and Lobster and was initially intimidated when a couple tools were delivered before the entre arrived. I joked "Didn't you notice the footnote that said 'Some disassembly required'?" As it turned out, the lobster tail did not require cracking or digging, although she thought it lacked flavor. Her steak was good. We will return to McCormick & Schmick's, but not in haste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itMercedesDined on 10/14/2014The food is outstanding and the service is great. I always feel special when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBknightDined on 10/10/2014I had a wonderful experience my first time at McCormick & Schmick's. The waitress was wonderful, pleasant and great with accommodating our large group. I will be coming back for another celebration for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great serviceTraciDined on 10/4/2014Our party if 6 collectively agrees that M&S was a great choice for dinner. The food was great, but the service is what made it worth the trip. We were seated in a private "cubbie". server Angie was 100% attentive, knowledgeable and fun without being over the top. When one member of our party couldn't get what she wanted in a cocktail, Angie sought the manager, who came over and made personal recommendations. She made the right food recommendations when substitutions were requested, was timely with the service and was a good sport when our group drew her into our conversation. If you visit, ask to sit in her station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- harploverDined on 10/3/2014We were welcoming a new member of the team and had a wonderful experience. The food was great, the staff was helpful and efficient. Overall it was a very good experience!! It is our place to go to welcome new people.Special Features:
- HORRIFICOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014I love McCormick and Schmicks. Went to this one last night and had the ABSOLUTE WORST business dinner EVER. The service was slow and abysmal, from claiming they had no oranges for a Blue Moon (one of our party got up and took pics of a bowl of oranges at the bar), to tuna that was dry and tasteless - sports bars have better. Cold shrimp was spongy. They tried to bring our soups, salads, and entrees all at the same time - no apology. So we try and laugh it off, and decide to order dessert - and the manager comes over to tell us 2 of the desserts we ordered they were out of.... The whole experience was embarrassing and the food quality was average at best. Service was a joke. The Ribeye one of us had was very good.Special Features:
- Diminished under new ownersAxxellDined on 9/28/2014My first dinner, at this location after the hostile takeover by Landry. Service was abysmal, taking over 1 hour after our dinner order was placed to be served. When we were seated and our order placed, there were only 6 other tables dining. Kitchen only had three cooks and was reduced to batch processing, only doing appetisers for all, then dinners for all. Sign out front stated Happy Hour from 4 pm till closing but only 1 bartender on duty. Much breakage of barware as the young lady tried to keep up. The 20 years (before the Landry takeover) we dined at every M&S, including their great joint venture on Fisherman's Wharf. M&S was a great restaurant group.
- WashingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014While the waitstaff, food and wine were very good, the kitchen was very slow that evening the waiter must have apologized 3x's.
- The special was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014I ordered the Coho Salmon special, which was yummy. Mild flavor, well seasoned. Our server was attentive.
- Poor serviceSallieDined on 9/22/2014We were disappointed in the service. Four people were served three slices of bread. It took 20 minutes for more bread to be delivered. The white wine was served warm. The Caesar salad was the poorest my husband has ever eaten, and this type of salad is his favorite. Service became slower and slower throughout the meal. The waiter took so long to come back to take our dessert orders, probably 15 - 20 minutes, everyone decided to forego dessert, when three members of the party had been ready to place orders. I've dined there in the past, really enjoyed it, and recommended it to my party. I don't plan on returning.
- Grilled TroutTheAnswerManDined on 9/19/2014The trout was excellent. Very good martinis. Liked the private dining booth for a large group.Special Features:
- ClairseyDined on 9/19/2014It was a nice surprise to see a 2 course luncheon special offered on the menu. Also like the new updated decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealPAchickDined on 9/18/2014I scheduled a group dinner and had to change the time. They were very accommodating and the waitstaff was very friendly. They didn't communicate well and we had several extra desserts delievered; however, we were not charged so it worked lovelySpecial Features:
- Good meal in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyable meal. Food was excellent. Staff attentive.Special Features:
- Good Seafood but very noisyDancerVIPDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant is one of the chain in DC there are several. This one on K street, NW is extremely noisy so much so that the waiters can barely hear what you want to order . Food is always very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSaveyourmoneyDined on 9/15/2014I was expecting a flavourful meal what came was bland and not hot. Waiters around us spent much of their time apologizing to their customers for their orders as well, explaining their was a new chef.
- Solid Lunch SpecialsCtwoDined on 9/12/2014A nice selection of two course lunch specials, a solid list of wines by the glass and outstanding service.Special Features:
- ZorroDined on 9/8/2014Certainly glad it was not any busier than it was or we would have had no service. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceUWS63VIPDined on 9/6/2014Very disorganized. Food ordinary. Resented having every guest asked for their IDs. Demeaning and unprofessional. We were a table of scientists and adults. Will never go again.
- First Date DiningShivaniDined on 9/6/2014rom the initial experience, my date and I were apologetically late. I thought I knew the proper direction from DuPont Circle, but we ended up lost and excessively late. I was grateful the hostess allowed our entry and seating. Then there was Vinnie our assigned waiter. His customer service skills were exemplary and he catered to my special request. He was congenial, warm and friendly, but extremely efficient with a perfect sense if humor, an unbeatable combination. In my opinion, selecting Vinnie as a waiter was a great decision overall. He establishes rapport with the customers immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst service I have ever had.invertgrrlDined on 8/28/2014It took us over an hour to get a basket if bread and our wine. Although the manager gave us a discount afterwards and apologized, I would not recommend itSpecial Features: