McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
1652 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/dc
- Phone: 2028612233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 4:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Bar open 1 hour past close each night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Giacomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant has many options for private/semi-private meeting and dining space. Inquire with our Special Event Coordinator to reserve your special occasion!
- Cross Street: Between 16th and 17th on "K" Street
- Public Transit: Located near the Farragut North (Red Line) and Farragut West (Orange/Blue Line) Metro stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages at 1667 K St. NW (.02 miles), 1625 I St. NW (.04 miles), and street parking throughout the week.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
McCormick & Schmick's is in the heart of D.C.'s business district, just two blocks from The White House. Widely regarded as the place to see the city's most famous and notable names, it has distinguished itself with a fresh-daily menu of more than 30 seafood and fish selections from around the world. Its lively bar features the best shoe shine in town and a happy hour noted by the Washington Business Journal as "phenomenal" and voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Washingtonian Magazine readers. Outdoor patio is open April thru October. In addition to our regular menu, Executive Chef Fernando Giacomini and General Manager Barry Hathaway feature great specials like Filet & Jumbo Shrimp Combination and great seasonal wild selection. Make your reservation today!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street) reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)good for groups (47)great for lunch (39)fit for foodies (26)romantic (26)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We had a very special dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday. The crabcakes we started with were super -- I had seafood with lots of veggies which I loved. Hubbie had a great steak. We even had dessert which was worth the calories!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT seasonal foodLaxMom23Dined on 10/25/2014LOVE LOVE this restaurant. We visit and bring my college son here every time w visits him at college and we enjoy our food each & every time! Blue Crab Soup was outstanding (a seasonal special), my son enjoyed his lobster, and I my shrimp. My husband his ribeye steak. Amt of food was less than the last time was here, about 6 mos ago, but still just as tasty. We enjoyed the quiet atmosphere, and we had a wonderful waiter as well. Always a pleasure! Will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchimdubiousVIPDined on 10/23/2014M&S remains one of my favorite business lunch locations. A snug gives you a feeling of privacy, yet open enough to the rest of the restaurant to let the ambiance enter.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 10/18/2014Room was very cold but staff was very responsive in getting temperature adjusted. Wait staff was very pleasant but food took about 55-60 minutes to be served from time of initial order of entree to food reaching table. Food was fair to good in taste. We had a group of 10. Recommend this location but with reservation. If they can find a way to speed service, it would be a much better experience. Considering cost of food, this was quite disappointing. Entire group decided NOT to order dessert for fear we would have to wait another hour to receive. Will likely not return.Special Features:
- DisappointedMickeyDDined on 10/18/2014My food came out barely warm...but I didn't want to bring the mood down by sending my plate back.
- We had a novice waiterFormerFedVIPDined on 10/16/2014So had problems with slow service and misunderstood orders. The guy was friendly and will probably improve with experience. We shared the Shrimp Kisses to start and both liked those. I got the simply-grilled Mahi Mahi, which was very tasty. She got the Steak and Lobster and was initially intimidated when a couple tools were delivered before the entre arrived. I joked "Didn't you notice the footnote that said 'Some disassembly required'?" As it turned out, the lobster tail did not require cracking or digging, although she thought it lacked flavor. Her steak was good. We will return to McCormick & Schmick's, but not in haste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itMercedesDined on 10/14/2014The food is outstanding and the service is great. I always feel special when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBknightDined on 10/10/2014I had a wonderful experience my first time at McCormick & Schmick's. The waitress was wonderful, pleasant and great with accommodating our large group. I will be coming back for another celebration for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great serviceTraciDined on 10/4/2014Our party if 6 collectively agrees that M&S was a great choice for dinner. The food was great, but the service is what made it worth the trip. We were seated in a private "cubbie". server Angie was 100% attentive, knowledgeable and fun without being over the top. When one member of our party couldn't get what she wanted in a cocktail, Angie sought the manager, who came over and made personal recommendations. She made the right food recommendations when substitutions were requested, was timely with the service and was a good sport when our group drew her into our conversation. If you visit, ask to sit in her station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- harploverDined on 10/3/2014We were welcoming a new member of the team and had a wonderful experience. The food was great, the staff was helpful and efficient. Overall it was a very good experience!! It is our place to go to welcome new people.Special Features:
- HORRIFICOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014I love McCormick and Schmicks. Went to this one last night and had the ABSOLUTE WORST business dinner EVER. The service was slow and abysmal, from claiming they had no oranges for a Blue Moon (one of our party got up and took pics of a bowl of oranges at the bar), to tuna that was dry and tasteless - sports bars have better. Cold shrimp was spongy. They tried to bring our soups, salads, and entrees all at the same time - no apology. So we try and laugh it off, and decide to order dessert - and the manager comes over to tell us 2 of the desserts we ordered they were out of.... The whole experience was embarrassing and the food quality was average at best. Service was a joke. The Ribeye one of us had was very good.Special Features:
- Diminished under new ownersAxxellDined on 9/28/2014My first dinner, at this location after the hostile takeover by Landry. Service was abysmal, taking over 1 hour after our dinner order was placed to be served. When we were seated and our order placed, there were only 6 other tables dining. Kitchen only had three cooks and was reduced to batch processing, only doing appetisers for all, then dinners for all. Sign out front stated Happy Hour from 4 pm till closing but only 1 bartender on duty. Much breakage of barware as the young lady tried to keep up. The 20 years (before the Landry takeover) we dined at every M&S, including their great joint venture on Fisherman's Wharf. M&S was a great restaurant group.
- WashingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014While the waitstaff, food and wine were very good, the kitchen was very slow that evening the waiter must have apologized 3x's.
- The special was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014I ordered the Coho Salmon special, which was yummy. Mild flavor, well seasoned. Our server was attentive.
- Poor serviceSallieDined on 9/22/2014We were disappointed in the service. Four people were served three slices of bread. It took 20 minutes for more bread to be delivered. The white wine was served warm. The Caesar salad was the poorest my husband has ever eaten, and this type of salad is his favorite. Service became slower and slower throughout the meal. The waiter took so long to come back to take our dessert orders, probably 15 - 20 minutes, everyone decided to forego dessert, when three members of the party had been ready to place orders. I've dined there in the past, really enjoyed it, and recommended it to my party. I don't plan on returning.
- Grilled TroutTheAnswerManDined on 9/19/2014The trout was excellent. Very good martinis. Liked the private dining booth for a large group.Special Features:
- ClairseyDined on 9/19/2014It was a nice surprise to see a 2 course luncheon special offered on the menu. Also like the new updated decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealPAchickDined on 9/18/2014I scheduled a group dinner and had to change the time. They were very accommodating and the waitstaff was very friendly. They didn't communicate well and we had several extra desserts delievered; however, we were not charged so it worked lovelySpecial Features:
- Good meal in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyable meal. Food was excellent. Staff attentive.Special Features:
- Good Seafood but very noisyDancerVIPDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant is one of the chain in DC there are several. This one on K street, NW is extremely noisy so much so that the waiters can barely hear what you want to order . Food is always very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSaveyourmoneyDined on 9/15/2014I was expecting a flavourful meal what came was bland and not hot. Waiters around us spent much of their time apologizing to their customers for their orders as well, explaining their was a new chef.
- Solid Lunch SpecialsCtwoDined on 9/12/2014A nice selection of two course lunch specials, a solid list of wines by the glass and outstanding service.Special Features:
- ZorroDined on 9/8/2014Certainly glad it was not any busier than it was or we would have had no service. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceUWS63VIPDined on 9/6/2014Very disorganized. Food ordinary. Resented having every guest asked for their IDs. Demeaning and unprofessional. We were a table of scientists and adults. Will never go again.
- First Date DiningShivaniDined on 9/6/2014rom the initial experience, my date and I were apologetically late. I thought I knew the proper direction from DuPont Circle, but we ended up lost and excessively late. I was grateful the hostess allowed our entry and seating. Then there was Vinnie our assigned waiter. His customer service skills were exemplary and he catered to my special request. He was congenial, warm and friendly, but extremely efficient with a perfect sense if humor, an unbeatable combination. In my opinion, selecting Vinnie as a waiter was a great decision overall. He establishes rapport with the customers immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst service I have ever had.invertgrrlDined on 8/28/2014It took us over an hour to get a basket if bread and our wine. Although the manager gave us a discount afterwards and apologized, I would not recommend itSpecial Features:
- Still Great After 30 YearsFrankDined on 8/27/2014I've been coming to McCormick since my mid twenties. Now in my fifties, I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience. Very rare for an establishment to maintain such quality year in / year out. Our server was kowledgeable, and delightfully stealthy. The food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good but other issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/27/2014Always reliable for the food; but the service was very slow esp unhelpful for a work lunch where everyone is on a tight schedule; also the guest that was meeting my boss was NOT told that they were at the table already and the guest waited 15 mins before my boss went to look for him and found out that he had NOT been told the rest of the party was already seated. VERY disappointing from a business and expensive place.Special Features:
- They card even 80 year oldsRuined1Dined on 8/25/2014Took my uncle for his 80th birthday and the server refused serve liquor since he didn't carry his id. She carded all of us in our 40+ !!!! Called the manager and he too used a bogus excuse or saying it's law in DC to card everyone. I re checked ABC law and it only states that an establishment has the right to card everyone. Not when you are 80 and walking with a walking stick !! Ruined our night. Additionally they charged for 3 cocktails when infact only one was served, the other two were returned since they were no good.
- Food was good enoughPastaloverVIPDined on 8/22/2014The service was better than the food.The food was good but We have had better at other fish restaurants.Special Features:
- YummyDynaMoDined on 8/22/2014A group of 7 of us ate at the DC McCormick & Schmick's on K St NW, and it was fabulous. They seated us in this very private enclosed space (with privacy curtains too) at a table that sat 8, so we were all very comfortable and out of the waiter's traffic patterns. Everyone's appetizers (Heirloom tomato and mozzarella, oysters on half-shell, clam chowder), main courses (seared ahi tuna, seared scallops, steak) and desserts (crème brulée, chocolate box) were very very good. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Bad seating, poor service, avg foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014We were seated in a middle table even though the restaurant was nearly empty. We asked to be relocated to a table along the wall. The service was not up to the standards of a fine dining experience.
- Everything was greatTondaDined on 8/15/2014We went and took part in the restaurant week specials. Everything was great. Our server was also awesome. Perfect lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeaggie1992Dined on 8/14/2014My friends and I came for Restaurant Week and we had a blast. We managed to get a table that was away from the bar, which was fairly loud, so we were able to have our conversation without having to shout over each other. Our server, Nia, was a sweetheart. She was very friendly and attentive and knowledgeable about what dishes and drinks to try. Overall, I enjoyed my experience there.Special Features:
- MediocrefoodloverDined on 8/14/2014I went here for restaurant week and was pretty disappointed. The wine was good and the crab cake was pretty good as well. However, the bread was cold, service took a long time, and the creme brûlée didn't have the top that cracks. It tasted good, but they need to work on the top of the creme brûlée
- Fantastic as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Love this McCormick and Schmick's location. They are always willing to go the extra mile for their customers. Department lunch was a hit and all would like to do this again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and professional serviceyourconscienceDined on 8/8/2014In D.C. for one night and stumbled upon this very nice chain. Excellent oysters and lobster, and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly Hostess at K St.payingCustomerVIPDined on 8/8/2014The Lunch was good. The Hostess at the front was one of the most unfriendly that I have come across in a while. I have had plenty of good experiences at McCormick restaurants - mainly in Crystal City. Anyway, friendliness matters - that is their job - if they don't feel it they need to fake it, people are paying. If greeting & wait staff can't be friendly - management should consider putting them in the back of the house for the duration of their attitude issues.
- Quality restaurantHonestyIsgoodDined on 8/7/2014The friendly cautious friendly yet professional and business-like atmosphere makes it great for a quick time to escape the work environment and taste a bit of warmth welcoming environment. Only the lunch menu is limited and a bit pricey compared - which is why I go there only once in a while for lunch. It is not a place for budget conscious people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpecialCtwoDined on 8/6/2014Two course lunch special was an excellent meal with great value.Special Features: