McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
1652 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/dc
- Phone: (202) 861-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 4:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Bar open 1 hour past close each night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Giacomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant has many options for private/semi-private meeting and dining space. Inquire with our Special Event Coordinator to reserve your special occasion!
- Cross Street: Between 16th and 17th on "K" Street
- Public Transit: Located near the Farragut North (Red Line) and Farragut West (Orange/Blue Line) Metro stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages at 1667 K St. NW (.02 miles), 1625 I St. NW (.04 miles), and street parking throughout the week.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
McCormick & Schmick's is in the heart of D.C.'s business district, just two blocks from The White House. Widely regarded as the place to see the city's most famous and notable names, it has distinguished itself with a fresh-daily menu of more than 30 seafood and fish selections from around the world. Its lively bar features the best shoe shine in town and a happy hour noted by the Washington Business Journal as "phenomenal" and voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Washingtonian Magazine readers. Outdoor patio is open April thru October. In addition to our regular menu, Executive Chef Fernando Giacomini and General Manager Barry Hathaway feature great specials like Filet & Jumbo Shrimp Combination and great seasonal wild selection. Make your reservation today!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street) reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)good for groups (55)great for lunch (46)fit for foodies (31)romantic (28)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- outtolunchVIPDined on 6/11/2014The food was excellent. The main problem was that I -- and several others -- had been e-mailed an offer for 2 items for $14.99. No one in the restaurant seemed to know about it and they didn't have some of the items offered. After some pushing, they honored the offer but it shouldn't have taken so much effort.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/10/2014Excellent restaurant for great seafood, outstanding service, and not so noisy!Special Features:
- It's a main-stayChatterboxx1969VIPDined on 6/6/2014We've been enjoying M & S for several years. We decided to try the happy hour at the bar before dinner. The drinks were pretty weak during happy hour. The food was good, and our server was great. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatDCDinerDined on 6/5/2014We ordered surf and turf. The meat was significantly overcooked. The server seemed to disappear for an eternity, despite it obviously being a work lunch.
- Good for businessreview1234Dined on 6/3/2014Very good space for business. Closed off and quiet.Special Features:
- SamOVIPDined on 6/3/2014I have been here before and came with a larger group this time. The service was accommodating and well-paced. Had the chocolate peanut butter frozen pie for dessert, which was fantastic. A number of people in the group were underwhelmed by their main courses. I had the lunch salmon, which was fine.
- LunchNancyDined on 6/2/2014Outdoor dining at lunch time was wonderful. We were not rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open on Memorial DayGrossePointer48230VIPDined on 5/26/2014OK for a chain restaurant -- reliable, but very expensive for the quality/portion.
- Great place for seafoodsdinerbestDined on 5/20/2014McCormick & Schmick's seafood are always fresh and the best. From time to time my co-workers and I would go there for lunch and happy hours. I like the fish and chips and fried calamari. I strongly recommend this restaurant for the freshest and best seafood in town.Special Features:
- Delicious!RuthieAgainDined on 5/19/2014The food and service were fantastic! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Hostess doesn't really careTPDCVIPDined on 5/19/2014Even though I had put in the reservation that I would prefer a booth the hostess sat me (we were a party of 2) at a regular table, saying she had to keep the booths for larger parties. But during our lunch I noticed she sat three (3) parties of 2 at said booths. So she either lied or just didn't want to sit us there, either way it was offensive and/or the hostess doesn't really care about guests' preferences. And I've eaten at the restaurant not less than 60 times over the last 5 years mind you.
- Obnoxious Sales Attempt and ServiceSteakloverDined on 5/13/2014Joined group of 10 for business dinner. Evening started out fine, but went down hill when food orders became confused - a filet arrived instead of a ribeye, not all side orders arrived, half of orders arrived 10 minutes after the others, vegetable orders arrived cold. The worst part of the evening was when check was requested, the server started a sales pitch for a frequent diners club card and did not seem to understand the word "no". She continued the pitch in an obnoxious way, on and on, to the point where it became uncomfortable to everyone at the table. The sales pitch continued through several "we are not interested" until I finally, in a loud voice had to say "enough, close our check out and bring it to us NOW". A ruined evening.
- Great LunchbrownieoneVIPDined on 5/12/2014Great lunch, hefty portions, extensive menu. We enjoyed the seafood entrees very much. Waitress forgot my iced tea and to come take my credit card to pay my bill, but I'm sure that is an exception and not the rule. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Lovely Mother's Day MealwwwIdeal4LesscomDined on 5/11/2014Our party of five enjoyed the delicious Mother's Day meal at a bright well-situated table near the window and the door (as requested). McCormick & Schmick's can be counted on for fresh and delectable seafood. The calamari to start was delicious, light and flaky and each member of our party enjoyed our meals of: crab cakes, nut-crusted trout, grilled trout, mixed grill and the special bacon wrapped barbecue shrimp with cheese grits. The service was attentive without being over bearing. Some members of our party ordered the sumptuous, light and delectable cheese cake. It was a lovely touch to provide all of the mothers and "would be" mothers with a chocolate covered strawberry to top off the mother's day celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of a revisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Pleasant atmosphere and good food. My guest and I tried a range of items -- oysters, walnut salad, crab, and trout. All were exceptionally well prepared and enjoyable. Service was pleasant and good although a bit slow at times. The cheese cake with strawberries dessert was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STRAWBERRIESStartWithTheEndDined on 5/7/2014I received the flyer on STRAWBERRIES, mentioned it to staff n the office and we decided to see what that was all about. We had the opportunity to talk with the head chief, who did a great job for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2014Rain set in as we finished our meal. Staff went in to the rain repeatedly to hail us a cab as we were unprepared for the rain. This is an act the staff of Dee (dining room mgr) and myla (our wait person) didn't have to do , but they did. What nice unselfish gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ladies Night Out08LeoDined on 4/27/2014This was an excellent choice for before theater dinning. The meal was timely and we arrived at Arena Stage on time. The meal was presented well and portions were not overwhelming, just right. Excellent taste. We'll go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBdayDined on 4/25/2014The steak was the best I've ever tasted in the whole world - I'm in the Foreign Service and have travelled to 38 countries - so that is a big claim. The drinks were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was a Marvelous TreatFayeDined on 4/22/2014Our group was celebrating a special occasion; we got the table we requested. Food and service were terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Excellent Salad (Mixed Green Salad with Walnuts). My Entree ( almond crusted trout) was fair the sides were o.k. I love fish, I've had this dish before and was looking forward to this, I would not order that again. Our kid's loved their meals. My husband had the crab cake sandwich and he liked it. Service was very good overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday dinnerChatterboxx1969VIPDined on 4/20/2014My family and I had enjoyed our meal and the great service. This is a restaurant that we can count on for a great experience.Special Features:
- Easter Sunday BrunchPharaohTomDined on 4/20/2014I wanted to have a nice steak and seafood dinner with my son and his girlfriend for Easter Sunday night. The service by the waitress was good but, unfortunately, the bar was jammed and so it took a long time for us to get served our drinks before, during and after the meal, when the bar was involved. My seafood (seared scallops) was delicious as was the swordfish which my son ordered and the steak which his girlfriend ordered. Dessert was delicious, too, a peanut butter cookie with vanilla ice cream and scotch sauce on top. The prices are a bit above average for Washington, DC though, so bring your wallet and credit card. For the 3 of us, dinner was $225.00, when I was expecting something closer to $150.00.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!LuvgoodfoodDined on 4/19/2014Excellent as always!! Service and food outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DcsourfavDined on 4/18/2014We had eaten at Landrys restaurants in the past and had great luck. Our first trip to DC I searched Landrys brands and found McCormicks. We will always come back when in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014I made reservations for my brother's birthday party. The server was not attentive, taking forever to order our food and bring refills for our beverages. My family was eager to try the food as the has a nice selection to choose from. But again just like the service the food was a let down. Most of our dishes were quite bland. The overall experience was not nearly as special as I anticipated, especially for a birthday celebration.
- Delicious Steak Dinner and DessertfuntrvlrDined on 4/16/2014This restaurant was recommended by friends and our hotel. We loved it! From appetizer to dessert! We ordered steak, lobster and shrimp. All was delicious. The apple cobbler and cinnamon ice cream dessert was great! Service was excellent. Our waiter checked on us frequently, made suggestions and was there always when we needed anything but wasn't pushy. We enjoyed a quiet dinner. There were business people, families and couples in the restaurant so I would recommend for anyone. beautifully decorated restaurant. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Our wedding day dinnerKarenelDined on 4/11/2014My partner and I were married the day we dined and the experience at McCormick & Schmick's was the perfect ending to our beautiful day. The service was impeccable, the food delicious and the atmosphere very romantic. We highly recommend this restaurant and will certainly return on our next visit to D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialHarleyVIPDined on 4/11/2014Ok, but there's got to be a better seafood restaurant. If you want seafood ... It's ok just nothing special.
- Awesome Place for a Working Lunch!Customer4LifeDined on 4/10/2014I had a working lunch here...fabulous service, excellent food, and awesome environment! I plan to coordinate a group luncheon here in the near future. The ambience is so amazing! You must visit...you will definitely become a repeat customer like myself and my colleagues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed.PeteSDined on 4/9/2014We have been to McCormick & Schmick's in other cities and had very good experience. Not here. Hostess was unfriendly. She made us feel like our being there seemed to interrupted her day. The restaurant was so noisy it was difficult to have a conversation. Our waitress was average at best as was the service and food. I would not recommend this location to anybody.Special Features:
- Great experience but a bit priceyCherylDined on 4/9/2014We had a lovely semi-secluded table for our birthday celebration so we could actually hear each other talk. The food selection was extensive and the food was excellent. Our server was also very attentive without hovering. We were a bit disappointed that we could not get happy hour drinks at our table but there was an extensive wine, beer and drink menu. Everything was terrific except I was surprised at how expensive everything was. Perhaps I haven't dined enough in DC in the past few years but it was more than I had hoped to spend. I'll do more due diligence next time. It was, however, a wonderful choice for a special occasion and I might return for another special occasion--but be more prepared for the total cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems ever since Landry tookShortyDined on 4/9/2014Seems ever since Landry took over the service is very slow, almost to the point where it makes us question if we want to go back. Food quality isn't considtent either. We had to wait at least 10 minutes after being seated as VIP for server to take our drink order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed catching up!POAWOMENDined on 4/7/2014This is a good restaurant for catching up with friends. We were assigned one of the private areas, and it was perfect for us. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyConfusedDined on 4/5/2014Seated next to the kitchen - other tables available - had to be moved - waited forever for a server - ordered drinks - one guest had a hair in their drink - ordered a scotch on the rocks - came without ice - drink measured with an-eyedropper - barely covered the bottom of the glass - should have refused for $12 - also had a hair in it - our server never viewable - unlike others - 3 servers arrived with someone else's food then wandered off confused - ordered wine with meal - came 15 minutes after the food was served - overall disorganized and confused - not well managed
- Nice eveningmertpa1Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and daughter were running The Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Race this weekend and we chose this restaurant for a pre-race meal. We probably ordered a little more food than normal as far as appetizer, entre, and dessert. While most were hits there were a few misses. The Lobster Bisque was a little floury and the Rigatoni with Salmon lacked a little flavor. The Seafood Mixed Grill was very good and so were the salads and desserts. Overall it was an enjoyable evening but not quite as good as it could have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Generic ChainOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/4/2014Very disappointing. Nothing like the original. Loud room, despite many empty tables. Terrible service, from beginning to end. Felt like we were at a TGI Fridays. Each course took FOREVER. Steaks arrived overcooked for everyone's taste. Were not anywhere near the quality one would expect at a restaurant calling itself a steakhouse. Can get a better steak at Applebees.Special Features:
- Food was great, service was slowSusanFDined on 4/3/2014We had a party of eight for a birthday lunch for a co-worker. The server was very good, and even adapted something for one of our diners, which was a special request. She was pleasant and competent and attentive. That said, the service was very, very slow, to the point that all of us were commenting on it. We were there nearly two hours, which caused three of us in the party to have to re-schedule meetings (including being on phones, trying to do calendar changes, while we were supposed to be enjoying a nice time with colleagues). For the prices of M&S, I'd expect service to be a little more timely.Special Features:
- Exceptional serviceBWilson1610Dined on 4/1/2014What exceptional service! From menu recommendations to above and beyond to accommodate special dietary requests. Amazing team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not used to DC RUDE???OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014We had made a reservation, showed up early and there was a lot of available seating on a Saturday night. We had 3 kids in tow (2 of whom eat from the adult menu) and of all the places to sit in the restaurant they marched us into the back room, away from society... yet in a room where they had other tables. It felt like they were trying to HIDE us! I asked if we could sit in one of the 8 seat private spaces (as there were A LOT of open ones)... the hostess and waiter rolled their eyes and in a sharp, rude tone the hostess said: "well I'll follow you" and the waiter gave a look of "well OK then". I was very polite in my speech and we did not deserve to be treated like we are LESS THAN any others. THEY DID NOT BUSS OR WATER TABLE!!!!Special Features: