McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
1652 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/dc
- Phone: 2028612233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 4:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Bar open 1 hour past close each night
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Giacomini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant has many options for private/semi-private meeting and dining space. Inquire with our Special Event Coordinator to reserve your special occasion!
- Cross Street: Between 16th and 17th on "K" Street
- Public Transit: Located near the Farragut North (Red Line) and Farragut West (Orange/Blue Line) Metro stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking garages at 1667 K St. NW (.02 miles), 1625 I St. NW (.04 miles), and street parking throughout the week.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street)
McCormick & Schmick's is in the heart of D.C.'s business district, just two blocks from The White House. Widely regarded as the place to see the city's most famous and notable names, it has distinguished itself with a fresh-daily menu of more than 30 seafood and fish selections from around the world. Its lively bar features the best shoe shine in town and a happy hour noted by the Washington Business Journal as "phenomenal" and voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" by Washingtonian Magazine readers. Outdoor patio is open April thru October. In addition to our regular menu, Executive Chef Fernando Giacomini and General Manager Barry Hathaway feature great specials like Filet & Jumbo Shrimp Combination and great seasonal wild selection. Make your reservation today!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Washington DC (K Street) reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)great for lunch (53)good for groups (51)romantic (31)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (21)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Still Great After 30 YearsFrankDined on 8/27/2014I've been coming to McCormick since my mid twenties. Now in my fifties, I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience. Very rare for an establishment to maintain such quality year in / year out. Our server was kowledgeable, and delightfully stealthy. The food was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good but other issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/27/2014Always reliable for the food; but the service was very slow esp unhelpful for a work lunch where everyone is on a tight schedule; also the guest that was meeting my boss was NOT told that they were at the table already and the guest waited 15 mins before my boss went to look for him and found out that he had NOT been told the rest of the party was already seated. VERY disappointing from a business and expensive place.Special Features:
- They card even 80 year oldsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Took my uncle for his 80th birthday and the server refused serve liquor since he didn't carry his id. She carded all of us in our 40+ !!!! Called the manager and he too used a bogus excuse or saying it's law in DC to card everyone. I re checked ABC law and it only states that an establishment has the right to card everyone. Not when you are 80 and walking with a walking stick !! Ruined our night. Additionally they charged for 3 cocktails when infact only one was served, the other two were returned since they were no good.
- Food was good enoughPastaloverVIPDined on 8/22/2014The service was better than the food.The food was good but We have had better at other fish restaurants.Special Features:
- YummyDynaMoDined on 8/22/2014A group of 7 of us ate at the DC McCormick & Schmick's on K St NW, and it was fabulous. They seated us in this very private enclosed space (with privacy curtains too) at a table that sat 8, so we were all very comfortable and out of the waiter's traffic patterns. Everyone's appetizers (Heirloom tomato and mozzarella, oysters on half-shell, clam chowder), main courses (seared ahi tuna, seared scallops, steak) and desserts (crème brulée, chocolate box) were very very good. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Everything was greatTondaDined on 8/15/2014We went and took part in the restaurant week specials. Everything was great. Our server was also awesome. Perfect lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeaggie1992Dined on 8/14/2014My friends and I came for Restaurant Week and we had a blast. We managed to get a table that was away from the bar, which was fairly loud, so we were able to have our conversation without having to shout over each other. Our server, Nia, was a sweetheart. She was very friendly and attentive and knowledgeable about what dishes and drinks to try. Overall, I enjoyed my experience there.Special Features:
- MediocrefoodloverDined on 8/14/2014I went here for restaurant week and was pretty disappointed. The wine was good and the crab cake was pretty good as well. However, the bread was cold, service took a long time, and the creme brûlée didn't have the top that cracks. It tasted good, but they need to work on the top of the creme brûlée
- Fantastic as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Love this McCormick and Schmick's location. They are always willing to go the extra mile for their customers. Department lunch was a hit and all would like to do this again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and professional serviceyourconscienceDined on 8/8/2014In D.C. for one night and stumbled upon this very nice chain. Excellent oysters and lobster, and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly Hostess at K St.payingCustomerVIPDined on 8/8/2014The Lunch was good. The Hostess at the front was one of the most unfriendly that I have come across in a while. I have had plenty of good experiences at McCormick restaurants - mainly in Crystal City. Anyway, friendliness matters - that is their job - if they don't feel it they need to fake it, people are paying. If greeting & wait staff can't be friendly - management should consider putting them in the back of the house for the duration of their attitude issues.
- Quality restaurantHonestyIsgoodDined on 8/7/2014The friendly cautious friendly yet professional and business-like atmosphere makes it great for a quick time to escape the work environment and taste a bit of warmth welcoming environment. Only the lunch menu is limited and a bit pricey compared - which is why I go there only once in a while for lunch. It is not a place for budget conscious people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpecialCtwoDined on 8/6/2014Two course lunch special was an excellent meal with great value.Special Features:
- DCDinerVIPDined on 7/29/2014This is an old favorite that I hadn't been to in years. I was so glad to revisit it! Everything was good - the drinks, the food, and don't get me started talking about the bread! Wonderful warm sourdough with butter that wasn't ice cold. All in all, a tasty dining experience.Special Features:
- Crab CakesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014I had the shrimp wrapped in bacon and cheese for an appetizer and it was great. The double crab cakes lunch entree was good but not great. The crab cakes had a lot of meat but not much flavor and they were served almost cold. The waiter, wish I could remember his name, was excellent and as good as they get. All in all I would, and will go back for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Great food, great service. Really enjoyed my meal and the service was fantastic. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- consistentstaceVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have been going to MS for years, about 4 times a year. The service is always great, the bread is really good and it is as consistent as it gets. The fried shrimp I had this week was a bit short...only 5 shrimp and they were very small.Special Features:
- Could not have asked for more!UptownBrownDined on 7/22/2014I was attending a conference at the Mayflower hotel and in need of a seafood restaurant in the vicinity. A number of other restaurants names were suggested by the Concierge, but seeing the limited number of seafood choices they had and the prices, I opted for McCormick & Schmick since I KNOW they have a huge selection of seafood to choose and close by. I stopped in before our reservation and asked the Maitre d' to recommend a semi-private booth/cubby hole. We had an EXCELLENT dining experience and evening. Vinny is an incredible waiter -- very efficient, clear, knowledgeable and charismatic. He added quite a lot to the dining experience! The food was exceptional, all 4 dishes, an the appetizer recommendations as well. Thanks M&S!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restuarant in a Good LocationATrueFoodieDined on 7/22/2014The staff is very attentive from the time you walk in the door until you leave. The food was delicious and lunch portions were just right. The service was a little slow in light of the fact that we were there before the crowd, but since my lunch partner and I had so much to catch up on, it didn't hinder our dining experience. The lighting was a little too dim for the lunch hour, which made it hard to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad jokesclassydinerDined on 7/20/2014One of the members of our party was offended by a joke that was told when she asked about the location of the ladies room. However, he apologized . Thanks to the manager who was very kind and rectified the situation by discounting the final bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We recently celebrated our 14 year wedding anniversary. We had a terrific time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food would be betterCraigDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was beautiful. Our waitress, Angie, was awesome. My wife and I dined there for our anniversary and received great service. They even printed menus specifically for us wishing us a happy anniversary. We were both a little surprised, however, that the food wasn't better. They specialize in seafood, but my mahi mahi was bland and my wife's sword fish was overcooked. For the price, I expected better. I doubt we will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Another great seafood place on Washington DC. Many choices shrimp trio was outstanding as well as the plank cooked salmon. In walking distance of many downtown sights. So a place to walk off a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place, good recipesantoine71Dined on 7/12/2014Maybe the only negarive point was our waiter. He was kindly and wiith good attitude but absolutely unefficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2014K Street overall is better than the other downtown location. Reliable, reasonably priced. Well situated.Special Features:
- Service not so much...DagsVIPDined on 7/4/2014Worst Service I have ever experienced. Filet was overcooked...however Server never stopped back to check on quality of food.
- Poor Service for Sunday NightvgatorDined on 6/29/2014Food arrived very slowly and server didn't come by until just before meal was delivered and after we had been waiting for about 1 hour.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The staff was very nice and the area was very clean too.Special Features:
- Great FoodLikestodineDined on 6/28/2014Everything here was great! The filet I had was so tender and yummy. My friend had the crab cakes and loved them. The service was excellent but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Dining timeSnooky817Dined on 6/24/2014Overall experience was not great. This was a celebration for a colleague of mine and the menu was suppose to have had special remarks at the top, but all we received were regular lunch menus. The remarks was to be a keepsake but that didn't happen. The atmosphere was wonderful, but when we received our food it was not to top standards, it must have been sitting a little while and the food was not hot when received, I did not complain because we were on borrowed time. The guest of honor wasn't pleased with her dish and had to order something else. I have frequented M&S often and this was the second time my dining experience was not good. I will continue to dine and hope the next time is better. Thanks, Ms. Rona M. RichardsonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing salmon!DC1988VIPDined on 6/22/2014Their salmon was absolutely incredible! My husband had the Alaskan and I had the Atlantic....we couldn't believe how well the chef did both! The mashed potatoes were worth every carb! As well as the peanut butter and chocolate pie. Even their house white wine (a pinot grigio) was lovely. Most restaurants stop trying after a while, but McCormick & Schmick's keeps on delivering their standard of excellence.Special Features:
- Up to the standardsRussianDined on 6/19/2014We really liked the food in this restaurant. The service was also great.Special Features:
- Great food, slow kitchenMKCdinnerDined on 6/16/2014We had dinner here to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We were accompanied by our son and a niece. We were not in a hurry and expected to dine and have a great conversation. The servers were prompt, although we got the feeling our waitress was still in training as she had a shadow server. We ordered and sat back to await our food. Wait is what we did. I did not time each course but we sat down at 7:15 and it was 10:00 when we got the check. the food was fabulous and the service was very pleasant and I don't know if it was the server or the kitchen that caused the wait time. I will go back and the ambiance and food were great. I just hope it's a bit quicker next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyVIPDined on 6/16/2014I ordered shrimp scampi for lunch. the food came cold. You could tell it was not freshly cooked and it was sitting under the light for a long time. The fettuccini was overcooked and hardened for sitting under the light too long. I only had a bite and stopped eating. Server was very polite but very slow to responding to your request. For lunch, you don't have a leisure of wasting time so I really would have preferred more prompt service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014our reservation was for 11:30 am, just the right time before it got busy. We asked our waiter about several selections on the menu before i decided on the Stuffed Atlantic Salmon. It was a good selection. The other person in my party selected the Salmon over Pasta. I did not like that as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Management!MorganTieanneDined on 6/15/2014I heard about McCormick & Scmicks through advertising and a few friends, so I decided to take my boyfriend there for Father's Day this past June. We started with the Calamari which was very bland and dry and I thought was a small portion considered to other places I've dined. He ordered the sirloin with Mac and cheese and fries, I ordered the shrimp scampi. Presentation was lovely but food wasn't as good as it looked. His steak was dry and under seasoned, my pasta tasted like raw tomato and white wine? I eat shrimp scampi and make it at home but there's was horrible. The manager Gerry H. Seemed to not want to be bothered as he had to come speak with me about our experience, he was very rude and unprofessional walked off while I talkingSpecial Features:
- Dining ExperienceChinkyeyes0406Dined on 6/13/2014I felt like my dining experience was great from the time that I entered I was seated right away. Our waitress was attentive and answered questions about the menu that we had. Our food and drinks came out at a exceptional pace. Overall, the experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch breakpwardDined on 6/13/2014We went because of the great special I received notice of via email. However, we had to ask about the special to receive it. Also, the waitress was nice and accommodating but it took a very long time to get our food which resulted in our group getting back to work late. we had an hour but it took much longer. The food was good.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Specials!LoverofcfoodDined on 6/12/2014I haven't been to McCormick asnd Schmick's for lunch in about 15 years. I must say they have not missed a beat with their new lunch entree's! The seafood entrees and appetizers are still delicious and well prepared! And the service was great!Special Features:
- outtolunchVIPDined on 6/11/2014The food was excellent. The main problem was that I -- and several others -- had been e-mailed an offer for 2 items for $14.99. No one in the restaurant seemed to know about it and they didn't have some of the items offered. After some pushing, they honored the offer but it shouldn't have taken so much effort.Special Features: