McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
North Market Building
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Boston
- Phone: (617) 720-5522
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday 11:30am-4:00pm, Monday-Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm, Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Arthur Landis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: At McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant, we have the capacity to meet your needs, whether you’re planning a party for 5 guests or 500 guests. We’re here to help you plan your special event, from stunning receptions, to elegant dinner gatherings, to critical corporate meetings, or an intimate rehearsal dinner. From start to finish, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant will ensure that every detail is seamless and professional -- nearly 40 years of knowledge and expertise goes into every event we plan.
- Public Transit: Green Line Goverment Center stop, Orange & Green Line Haymarket stop, Blue Line State Street stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking at The 75 State Street Garage. For directions to the garage, click here: http://www.75statestreetgarage.com/direction.htm
Ask your server for the $3 off validation coupon. Parking is $11 after 5pm weekdays and all day Saturdays and Sundays.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of historic Faneuil Hall Marketplace, just steps from the North End, The Financial District, Government Center and Boston's Waterfront. Showcasing more than 30 varieties of seafood, the restaurant's enticing menu is updated twice each day to feature the freshest fish available. Winning the admiration of the most discerning diners, McCormick & Schmick's is classic in every sense of the word.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (32)good for groups (29)great for lunch (26)fit for foodies (23)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Our server was outstanding. Food was goodJamescDined on 11/22/2014We went on my wife's birthday trip to Boston. She does not like seafood but we heard the steaks were good. My seafood was fresh and my wife's steak was excellent. The ciniman ice cream is a must. The server was also excellent, a unique Arabic looking chap, very, very good at his job. Great meal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The seafood was exquisite, desserts outstanding!PattiDined on 11/15/2014Yes, this was a special occasion and therefore lunch more befitting to a dinner. The food (which sounds like such a lame word for a feast) was exquisite ... but it was the service that made it such a memorable experience. Our server's name was Josh, and he did an outstanding job of being simultaneously helpful, professional -- and thoughtful. I'll be coming back again over the holidays and, believe it, I'll be requesting one of his tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2014Food was under seasoned and not very inventive. At the same time did not represent New England style seafood offerings at other places. Would not go back
- McCormick's Takes Care of VeteransColonelDined on 11/9/2014Nothing more needs to be said - the title says it all. Our food and experience was exceptional. Thank you, McCormick & Schmick's, for taking care of our nation's Veterans each year.
- Veterans Day MealGungabobDined on 11/9/2014My wife ,Lydia and I thoroughly enjoyed our Veterans Day experience at McCormick and Schmick's. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was friendly, and the service professional. Our server couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and important. Thank you again for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- LunchLBcavDined on 11/9/2014I ate there for the first time on a lunch date. I found the service to be very prompt and attentive. The food was excellent. I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafoodChoicesDined on 11/9/2014In a city where seafood is on every corner, this place had excellent salmon and surprisingly Sam Adams Brick Red which is hard to come bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good, the bad and the veteran.sergeantmajorDined on 11/9/201409 November 2014, I brought my family in for veterans day lunch and found your establishment to be comfortable and inviting. Service was excellent, but a little slow. My beef medallions were delicious, but very meager in comparison to the other non veterans meals and my daughter's veterans Salmon Rigatoni was tasty but mushy. Please accept my thanks for your generous offering of the veterans day meals, but being a totally disabled veteran, I found it to be to pricy for the portions served.Special Features:
- PersonalizationMillerDined on 11/1/2014Upon making my reservation I subconsciously added that it was our first anniversary. To our pleasant surprise, when we arrived our menus were ready for us at our table personalized with a happy anniversary to us. Not to mention,we had to call and change our reservations twice because we were lost. They had our other 2 guests waiting for us at the bar and they were very patient and kind to us when we arrived. This was well needed because our frustration level was at it's peak when we walked in. Our waiter Jayson was fantastic. He was very informative and helpful. We had an awesome evening and I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very goodrollinsvisitorDined on 10/30/2014I have eaten here a number of times. The food is usually very good. It's convenient for business lunches if you work in the financial district and the prices are reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the experience I hoped forTrvlgal74Dined on 10/25/2014I have always wanted to dine at McCormick & Schmit and finally was able to have my birthday dinner there this past weekend. The hostess wasn't very pleasant and was just trying to rush everyone to get to where they needed to be (I couldn't follow her she walked so fast that I lost here and someone else pointed in the direction I was to be heading). The waiter was fabulous very guenuine. Unfortunately it seemed like the night for mistakes as all I heard from the staff was "sorry bout that" to multiple tables, including ours. The building was old historical but old feeling not like we were in a preserved building. The food was good but. It the superb experience I was hoping for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014We were entertaining "visiting firemen" and very much enjoyed the food, the service and the ambience. Not so loud that we couldn't here each other, but not so quiet as to seem lonelySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/10/2014M&S has usually been a pretty consistant experience. Major negative was the bread was cold and the butter was margarine. They are under new corporate management (<2 yrs). Makes you wonder what other corners are being cut in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthday dinnersuejoyDined on 10/4/2014We choose this location to celebrate my mom's 74th birthday. We have a cozy booth that we could curtain off if we wanted. The wait staff was amazing, both our own server as well as every other server we interacted with. They offered recommendations about desserts, helped me get a special cake for my mom, and even snapped a family photo for us. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and the food was delicious. Even our 9 and 5 year old loved it. It was a fantastic evening out. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would go backLolaDined on 10/4/2014We ate at their location in Washington DC and were impressed. We thought we would try another location and we are glad we did. Brynne was out waitress and she was great. The food was awesome and the mousse dessert, to die for. PS: The mashed potatoes were 'killer'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014filet not what i ecpected steak was thin cut stuffed shrimp was ok salad was average atmosphere very nice we had private table very friendly appetizers were satifyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for casual dining.BizTravelerDined on 9/28/2014Atmosphere is nice and friendly staff. Service was a bit slow but they got the job done. It's good for casual dining but, not for high-end business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!SeafoodQueenDined on 9/27/2014The food was absolutely to die for! I've only ever had shrimp and white fish. I had the blue crab and corn chowder...wow...I could live on it! So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big name disappointsKzRoderDined on 9/27/2014We were happy to get a reservation on a busy Saturday night with just a few hours notice. It took longer than expected to be acknowledged upon arrival, but our request for a booth was accommodated. We waited another 5-10 minutes before our server, Brent, appeared, but he made up for the wait by hustling and responding to our every request throughout the meal. I felt the wait for our meals was a bit long (an hour+ after sitting down), but the restaurant was packed on a weekend night. The dishes were tasty, but disappointing for the price point. The "big" portions were not. The most satisfying meal in our group was the Kobe style Burger. Also, the oysters were outstanding, if sloppily shucked. I'd try another seafood joint downtown next time.Special Features:
- Decent food, questionable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014I have eaten here a couple times and it is usually decent. The food is definitely overpriced, but for the location it's expected. The most recent time I ate there we had a fairly incompetent waitress who could not open a bottle of wine for the table next to us. Also, I ordered their fall seasonal salmon dish, which was decent but only enough food for a child. If you're looking for a unique dining experience in Boston, I would not recommend McCormick & Schmick's. However, if you happen to be in Faneuil hall, you could do worse.Special Features:
- Good food, slow servicef00d1eVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wait staff was very friendly and customer focused but were asked to handle too many tables...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014The hostess never came outside to greet us and escort me and my dinner guest to our table so another hostess came from another area of the restaurant and escorted us and another couple inside that also had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceDiscriminatingDinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014....and a great value among seafood dining options in Boston.Special Features:
- Rude person at the entranceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014The waitress that shows you your table is just rude. I did reserve an outside table. As we arrived we saw that their was not even a need for a reservation. Most Rankes were empty. But the Hostess had to tell us that the restaurant dös not accept reservations for outside tables. She would look what she could do for us. Having that said we had an overlook around an empty garden that time. She showed us a table at a very bad spot - next to the toilet door. So we asked to get another one. She said. You better accept this table. That's how it works - that waitress here was about to get the next customers. I either accept or go. I told here how rude that is and she just went away. Don't ever consider to go there! Use the other spot.
- ExcellentJiniDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. The food quality and presentation is wonderful. Our server was very attentive and made suggestions based on questions we asked him. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch on 8/25/14DSmithVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food as always, good service and the outdoor dining was great based on the beautiful weather that daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not eat hereRav767Dined on 8/21/2014The service was poor. Had to ask for a side order 2 separate times before it was finally brought, had wine that was deliveed to our table 1/2 way thru dinner. And the food was poorly prepared. I would by pass this place and choose a better resturant.Special Features:
- Attention to detailstime4foodDined on 8/20/2014I went for lunch on the restaurant's week. The food was good and for the price I was surprised that they offered a lunch menu with choices of different fish entrees including a choice of salad or soup, and 2 choices of desserts. The service staff was friendly and good. My only negative comment is for the presentation in which I think it needs more attention to details. Part of my plate was chipped and the overall look of the inside of the restaurant look a little old to me.Special Features:
- A ClassicYum56Dined on 8/18/2014Faneuil Hall has many restaurant/fast food offerings. Ignore the rest and just come to a classic. M & S always has good food and great ambience. We usually stop in for the terrific Happy Hour here, but this time we had lunch. Very good crab cake sandwich, and very good salmon. The Boston Cream Pie was a huge, delicious serving that two of us could not finish. (and it was so good too). I was not disappointed and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Nothing Too ExtraordinaryMRV1Dined on 8/17/2014This was a good experience, the server seemed to be knowledgeable about the menu and made some recommendations. The food was good and service was good and certainly nothing to complain about, but I think my expectations were higher based on what I had heard and my previous experiences at Landry's restaurants. Again nothing was wrong, it just didn't seem special or unique. I did enjoy the atmosphere of outdoor dining in Faneuil Hall.
- PrincessDined on 8/17/2014My family had gift cards for a meal here. We chose a Sunday lunch. We were seated outside at the Quincy Market restaurant. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to watch the crowds and entertainers at the Market. The food was delicious, as were the various cocktails we ordered. Unfortunately, there were no vegetarian items on the menu for my son. He coped by ordering side dishes--fancy mashed potatoes and wild mushrooms. The one drawback was the noise. A garbage truck was loading trash nearby during most of our meal. The truck engine was very loud, and when the wind shifted occasionally we got a strong whiff of garbage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodMAPLEDined on 8/16/2014Have been trying to get back here for a few months. Great dinner with friends. Sat inside to avoid the crowd noise. Food was very good as we expected. Scampi, steak, and tilapia dishes were as advertised. Our waiter was Osama (that is not a mis-print ); he was stretched to attend to all his tables, but he made sure we were satisfied every step of the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedHLeboDined on 8/14/2014The food was oddly seasoned (marjoram in the chowder?) and the salmon was over salted. The best thing was the raw oysters, except the cocktail sauce was overly sweet! In general, not worth the price. Much better food available within a 1 minute walk.
- Change the oil, please.EatOutBostonDined on 8/13/2014Recently returned to McCormick & Schmick's Seafood at Faneuil Hall. Had a reservation and was seated immediately. Served by Alex, a delightful young man who quickly attended to our every need. Never had we received our appetizer or entry so speedily at any restaurant. Unfortunately, my fried clams were more than I bargained for -- I could taste just about everything else that had been fried in the oil. I notified the manager, who offered to get me another plate (saying that it would be fried in the same oil, however); I indicated I could eat what I had, but that for future patrons it would be good to change the cooking oil more frequently. He assured me that he would convey my message to the chefs.
- Early dinner diningRenataDined on 8/10/2014We had a several minute wait for a hostess to recognize that there was someone waiting to be seated. As this was outside, I asked her for a seat in the shade. Her attitude was curt and unacceptable, "I'll see what I can do", when it clear, there were plenty of available tables under umbrellas or awnings. She seated us (2 people) at a small table, somewhat covered -- barely acceptable -- the table wobbled badly. Then, 10 minutes later a wait person finally arrived. I observed patrons who were seated after us to be served within a minute. We placed both our drink order and food at the same time. We both ordered the scallops entree, and although good, they were over cooked and a bit tough. The music was way too loud!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/20141. I received an e-mail that my party of 6 didn't show up when in fact we did. 2. Everyone of our water glasses had floaters in them. 3. Five of us had coffee and it was luke warm. We all felt the portions were very small. Our waitress, Susan, was very good.Special Features:
- Great food, slow service111111Dined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent. Can't get much better than Faneuil Hall for a nice evening meal. I would definitely recommend eating outside and getting the feel for the hall area. The food came relatively quickly, but the drinks took forever. There was maybe 5 groups of people seated outside when we first arrived. Waitress told us the bar was busy. I could see inside the bar from where I was sitting. If that was a busy bar, I'd hate to see how long drinks take with a few more people. The excellent food and location certainly made up for a slow service night. Still would absolutely recommend the place, just make sure you aren't thirsty upon arrival.Special Features:
- Great Food!Tres1Dined on 8/1/2014The food selection and quality was very high, however service was alittle slow and forgot bread among other things. Also they were out of quite a few things on the menu...Special Features:
- Not ImpressedintheWPVIPDined on 7/31/2014Maybe other locations were better or different, but this place seemed tired. bar was nice and spacious where I met friends for a drink before dinner - ordered a vodka tonic - tonic water was flat. had to send it back. re dinner - didn't help that they were OUT of trout AND lobster. Waiter was friendly and pretty attentive, but other than that, not much to recommend this place.
- The following 770 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was good. Salmon and swordfish portions were not very large. Salmon bordered on dry. Steak Oscar got very good reviews from the 2 that ordered it. Prices were very reasonable.