McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
North Market Building
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Boston
- Phone: 6177205522x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday 11:30am-4:00pm, Monday-Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm, Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Arthur Landis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: At McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant, we have the capacity to meet your needs, whether you’re planning a party for 5 guests or 500 guests. We’re here to help you plan your special event, from stunning receptions, to elegant dinner gatherings, to critical corporate meetings, or an intimate rehearsal dinner. From start to finish, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant will ensure that every detail is seamless and professional -- nearly 40 years of knowledge and expertise goes into every event we plan.
- Public Transit: Green Line Goverment Center stop, Orange & Green Line Haymarket stop, Blue Line State Street stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking at The 75 State Street Garage. For directions to the garage, click here: http://www.75statestreetgarage.com/direction.htm
Ask your server for the $3 off validation coupon. Parking is $11 after 5pm weekdays and all day Saturdays and Sundays.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of historic Faneuil Hall Marketplace, just steps from the North End, The Financial District, Government Center and Boston's Waterfront. Showcasing more than 30 varieties of seafood, the restaurant's enticing menu is updated twice each day to feature the freshest fish available. Winning the admiration of the most discerning diners, McCormick & Schmick's is classic in every sense of the word.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)special occasion (24)good for groups (24)great for lunch (23)scenic view (19)fit for foodies (14)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/10/2014M&S has usually been a pretty consistant experience. Major negative was the bread was cold and the butter was margarine. They are under new corporate management (<2 yrs). Makes you wonder what other corners are being cut in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthday dinnersuejoyDined on 10/4/2014We choose this location to celebrate my mom's 74th birthday. We have a cozy booth that we could curtain off if we wanted. The wait staff was amazing, both our own server as well as every other server we interacted with. They offered recommendations about desserts, helped me get a special cake for my mom, and even snapped a family photo for us. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and the food was delicious. Even our 9 and 5 year old loved it. It was a fantastic evening out. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would go backLolaDined on 10/4/2014We ate at their location in Washington DC and were impressed. We thought we would try another location and we are glad we did. Brynne was out waitress and she was great. The food was awesome and the mousse dessert, to die for. PS: The mashed potatoes were 'killer'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014filet not what i ecpected steak was thin cut stuffed shrimp was ok salad was average atmosphere very nice we had private table very friendly appetizers were satifyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for casual dining.BizTravelerDined on 9/28/2014Atmosphere is nice and friendly staff. Service was a bit slow but they got the job done. It's good for casual dining but, not for high-end business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!SeafoodQueenDined on 9/27/2014The food was absolutely to die for! I've only ever had shrimp and white fish. I had the blue crab and corn chowder...wow...I could live on it! So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big name disappointsKzRoderDined on 9/27/2014We were happy to get a reservation on a busy Saturday night with just a few hours notice. It took longer than expected to be acknowledged upon arrival, but our request for a booth was accommodated. We waited another 5-10 minutes before our server, Brent, appeared, but he made up for the wait by hustling and responding to our every request throughout the meal. I felt the wait for our meals was a bit long (an hour+ after sitting down), but the restaurant was packed on a weekend night. The dishes were tasty, but disappointing for the price point. The "big" portions were not. The most satisfying meal in our group was the Kobe style Burger. Also, the oysters were outstanding, if sloppily shucked. I'd try another seafood joint downtown next time.Special Features:
- Decent food, questionable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014I have eaten here a couple times and it is usually decent. The food is definitely overpriced, but for the location it's expected. The most recent time I ate there we had a fairly incompetent waitress who could not open a bottle of wine for the table next to us. Also, I ordered their fall seasonal salmon dish, which was decent but only enough food for a child. If you're looking for a unique dining experience in Boston, I would not recommend McCormick & Schmick's. However, if you happen to be in Faneuil hall, you could do worse.Special Features:
- Good food, slow servicef00d1eVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wait staff was very friendly and customer focused but were asked to handle too many tables...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014The hostess never came outside to greet us and escort me and my dinner guest to our table so another hostess came from another area of the restaurant and escorted us and another couple inside that also had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude person at the entranceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014The waitress that shows you your table is just rude. I did reserve an outside table. As we arrived we saw that their was not even a need for a reservation. Most Rankes were empty. But the Hostess had to tell us that the restaurant dös not accept reservations for outside tables. She would look what she could do for us. Having that said we had an overlook around an empty garden that time. She showed us a table at a very bad spot - next to the toilet door. So we asked to get another one. She said. You better accept this table. That's how it works - that waitress here was about to get the next customers. I either accept or go. I told here how rude that is and she just went away. Don't ever consider to go there! Use the other spot.
- ExcellentJiniDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. The food quality and presentation is wonderful. Our server was very attentive and made suggestions based on questions we asked him. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Birthday Lunch on 8/25/14DSmithDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food as always, good service and the outdoor dining was great based on the beautiful weather that daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not eat hereRav767Dined on 8/21/2014The service was poor. Had to ask for a side order 2 separate times before it was finally brought, had wine that was deliveed to our table 1/2 way thru dinner. And the food was poorly prepared. I would by pass this place and choose a better resturant.Special Features:
- Attention to detailstime4foodDined on 8/20/2014I went for lunch on the restaurant's week. The food was good and for the price I was surprised that they offered a lunch menu with choices of different fish entrees including a choice of salad or soup, and 2 choices of desserts. The service staff was friendly and good. My only negative comment is for the presentation in which I think it needs more attention to details. Part of my plate was chipped and the overall look of the inside of the restaurant look a little old to me.Special Features:
- A ClassicYum56Dined on 8/18/2014Faneuil Hall has many restaurant/fast food offerings. Ignore the rest and just come to a classic. M & S always has good food and great ambience. We usually stop in for the terrific Happy Hour here, but this time we had lunch. Very good crab cake sandwich, and very good salmon. The Boston Cream Pie was a huge, delicious serving that two of us could not finish. (and it was so good too). I was not disappointed and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Nothing Too ExtraordinaryMRV1Dined on 8/17/2014This was a good experience, the server seemed to be knowledgeable about the menu and made some recommendations. The food was good and service was good and certainly nothing to complain about, but I think my expectations were higher based on what I had heard and my previous experiences at Landry's restaurants. Again nothing was wrong, it just didn't seem special or unique. I did enjoy the atmosphere of outdoor dining in Faneuil Hall.
- PrincessDined on 8/17/2014My family had gift cards for a meal here. We chose a Sunday lunch. We were seated outside at the Quincy Market restaurant. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to watch the crowds and entertainers at the Market. The food was delicious, as were the various cocktails we ordered. Unfortunately, there were no vegetarian items on the menu for my son. He coped by ordering side dishes--fancy mashed potatoes and wild mushrooms. The one drawback was the noise. A garbage truck was loading trash nearby during most of our meal. The truck engine was very loud, and when the wind shifted occasionally we got a strong whiff of garbage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodMAPLEDined on 8/16/2014Have been trying to get back here for a few months. Great dinner with friends. Sat inside to avoid the crowd noise. Food was very good as we expected. Scampi, steak, and tilapia dishes were as advertised. Our waiter was Osama (that is not a mis-print ); he was stretched to attend to all his tables, but he made sure we were satisfied every step of the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedHLeboDined on 8/14/2014The food was oddly seasoned (marjoram in the chowder?) and the salmon was over salted. The best thing was the raw oysters, except the cocktail sauce was overly sweet! In general, not worth the price. Much better food available within a 1 minute walk.
- Change the oil, please.EatOutBostonDined on 8/13/2014Recently returned to McCormick & Schmick's Seafood at Faneuil Hall. Had a reservation and was seated immediately. Served by Alex, a delightful young man who quickly attended to our every need. Never had we received our appetizer or entry so speedily at any restaurant. Unfortunately, my fried clams were more than I bargained for -- I could taste just about everything else that had been fried in the oil. I notified the manager, who offered to get me another plate (saying that it would be fried in the same oil, however); I indicated I could eat what I had, but that for future patrons it would be good to change the cooking oil more frequently. He assured me that he would convey my message to the chefs.
- Early dinner diningRenataDined on 8/10/2014We had a several minute wait for a hostess to recognize that there was someone waiting to be seated. As this was outside, I asked her for a seat in the shade. Her attitude was curt and unacceptable, "I'll see what I can do", when it clear, there were plenty of available tables under umbrellas or awnings. She seated us (2 people) at a small table, somewhat covered -- barely acceptable -- the table wobbled badly. Then, 10 minutes later a wait person finally arrived. I observed patrons who were seated after us to be served within a minute. We placed both our drink order and food at the same time. We both ordered the scallops entree, and although good, they were over cooked and a bit tough. The music was way too loud!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/20141. I received an e-mail that my party of 6 didn't show up when in fact we did. 2. Everyone of our water glasses had floaters in them. 3. Five of us had coffee and it was luke warm. We all felt the portions were very small. Our waitress, Susan, was very good.Special Features:
- Great food, slow service111111Dined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent. Can't get much better than Faneuil Hall for a nice evening meal. I would definitely recommend eating outside and getting the feel for the hall area. The food came relatively quickly, but the drinks took forever. There was maybe 5 groups of people seated outside when we first arrived. Waitress told us the bar was busy. I could see inside the bar from where I was sitting. If that was a busy bar, I'd hate to see how long drinks take with a few more people. The excellent food and location certainly made up for a slow service night. Still would absolutely recommend the place, just make sure you aren't thirsty upon arrival.Special Features:
- Great Food!Tres1Dined on 8/1/2014The food selection and quality was very high, however service was alittle slow and forgot bread among other things. Also they were out of quite a few things on the menu...Special Features:
- Not ImpressedintheWPVIPDined on 7/31/2014Maybe other locations were better or different, but this place seemed tired. bar was nice and spacious where I met friends for a drink before dinner - ordered a vodka tonic - tonic water was flat. had to send it back. re dinner - didn't help that they were OUT of trout AND lobster. Waiter was friendly and pretty attentive, but other than that, not much to recommend this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was good. Salmon and swordfish portions were not very large. Salmon bordered on dry. Steak Oscar got very good reviews from the 2 that ordered it. Prices were very reasonable.
- NOT UP TO PARNotUptoParBostonDined on 7/22/2014I have and a friend have eaten at this restaurant in our city and it was wonderful so recommended it to our friends with us in BOSTON - wow what a let down. Food was mediocre, restaurant was smelly, carpet nasty, waiter polite and friendly but lacked skills - forgot several items we asked for more than once.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerDiningLoveDined on 7/19/2014We dined there to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and everything turned out perfectly. The hostess greeted us and wished him happy birthday, to his surprise and he received a personalized greeting on the menu. Our waitress was very attentive and everything we ate was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencebruhamaDined on 7/18/2014Our party of 3 lucked out, thanks to the weather and a Red Sox game at the same time in another part of town, and had no trouble converting our reservation to outdoor seating. Despite the ongoing (and anticipated) traffic noise, we had prompt, terrific service, with all food and drink served promptly and efficiently. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent food!StarbrightDined on 7/18/2014This is my absolute favorite restaurant. We've been to the Philadelphia & Boston locations & the food is consistent between the two locations. This was the first restaurant that we dined at as an engaged couple, so it holds special memories for us both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmospheredo1oresbDined on 7/18/2014The food was good, as it was last visit for a lunch. I only eat fried clams once a year and the clams here are different. The batter is very tender, melt in your mouth and the clams are tender as well. I haven't tried anything else. One thing, I asked for a quiet booth and they sat us right in front of the opening to the kitchen which was VERY noisy with the clanging of trays being thrown into a bin. The atmosphere in and outside otherwise was very good, just a bad seating and points off for ignoring our request for a quiet place, but I do recommend trying it.Special Features:
- Al fresco lunchAquitaine0627Dined on 7/13/2014We were seated outside at a well-shaded table. The crab tower starter was very good - an assembly of avocado, mango and topped with crab meat. In fact, the crab was the least interesting part of the dish. Calamari were fried in a very light, tempura-like batter - tasty! Service was attentive but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- High Brow Food / Low Brow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014It was like we were at Chili's or a T.G.I.F. First, we waited about 10 mins before anyone came over... then two servers argued, in front of our table, about who should take our order. The one that ended up taking our order was nice and the orders were correct but it stuck with me that I had to stare at her for 5 mins before she came over to argue with the other waitress. This wouldn't be a big deal if the bill was $50 dollars but it was $200 for two people. We were celebrating and I expected the quality of service to match the caliber of food. It did not. I would go back but with a much more casual approach.
- Outdoor dining and great seafoodJMD18Dined on 7/10/2014I was with a party of 4 - we ordered oysters - very fresh and well presented. We ordered a shrimp & bacon appetizer for those not into the raw bar. It was flavorful! Our meals were excellent overall. There was a tuna steak that was way overcooked and it was like eating canned tuna. We sent that entree back, but the return meal was just as overcooked. Fried clams were excellent and sweet, mahi and scallops excellent.Special Features:
- NiceDined on 7/5/2014Service was excellent, and food was delicous. Only issue we had was they ran out of our vegetable of choice (but the chef came to our table to apologze which was nice), and two of our 4 dinners were luke warm when served.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014We were meeting friends in Boston for dinner and McCormick and Schmick's was recommended. We had a wonderful experience. We ate outdoors on a lovely evening. Fanueil Hall was alive with activities that were fun to watch and listen to. Each one of us had an outstanding meal, the stuffed salmon and blackend swordfish were big hits. Wine was on the pricey side, but nice selection. Wait staff attentive. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful exerience - expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Not enough room here - service was hesisitant at best, food temperature opposite of what it should be (hot was lukewarm, cold was room temp), attitude was pathetic. Drinks iced down. Went there having a good evening, left there irritated. Won't be back. Money in the wind. Hostess confused about reservation via Open Table. Huh? Saw Bertucci's across the street - my wife commented we could have had a better meal, better service, for a lot less money. Is zero a possible rating score?
- The following 758 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Faneuil Hall reviews archive.
- Attractive setting, tasty foodPasadenaDined on 6/24/2014Nice walnut balsamic salad and shrimp three ways. Not particularly creative food, but tasty and attractive outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair experienceFaceDined on 6/22/2014The food was decent but the service was extremely poor. The drinks were also a complete mess. They took forever to arrive and were so watered down that they didn't taste right. The server did a poor job the entire meal.Special Features: