McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina
Edina, MN 55435Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 9529201142x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:00am - Midnight
Sunday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
• Open for breakfast 7 days a week from 6am -11am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Scott Thole
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: York Avenue
- Public Transit: The #6 bus has stops along France Ave. and York Ave.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: There are several parking spaces directly in front of the restaurant, and a four-level parking ramp located behind the restaurant. The adjoining Westin Hotel offers valet parking at their front entrance, at a discounted rate for McCormick & Schmick's guests.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina
Situated in the heart of Edina, McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks is conveniently located at Westin Edina Galleria hotel. We are open every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy a meal in our spacious dining room, cozy bar or out on one of our two patios. Our sterling reputation and high customer loyalty comes from our commitment to provide a delicious meal with the highest standards of service.Continued
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina - Best Restaurants in Edina ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (151)great for lunch (64)fit for foodies (64)romantic (63)neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (41)notable wine list (35)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- Special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Quiet atmosphere if in for early dinner. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLjfredDined on 9/17/2014We were there for lunch on one of the most beautiful of Minnesota end of the summer days. We had THE best table outside and it was just a blissful time. Unfortunately, the weather probably overshadowed the food which is always good.Special Features:
- Very Disappointingrbo727Dined on 9/14/2014We had not been to M&S for a year or two. Liked to think of it as upscale, good food and service. Unfortunately, we saw none of these things this past Sunday. We knew things were not going to go well when the first thing the server tried to do was push the "preferred" diner card as a way to save a couple of $$. Really?! At a restaurant like this, I care about saving a buck or two when they charge $13 for a cocktail? Thought she was going to push the timeshare in Mexico next. Food orders were confused, ordered sides that only showed up late and were cold when served. My wine for dinner came out after I was done eating, 20 minutes AFTER I'd asked 3 times for it. Nope...not going to frequent M&S or any Landry restaurant again.
- Special PlaceSnowbirdDined on 9/14/2014We were here for a birthday anniversary. Doesn't hurt that is a Landry's so used my birthday gift plus dollars from my Landry's card. So nice to go to a quiet, lovely place with outstanding service. The food is good but not excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gringoDined on 9/13/2014Was very well set up and decorated. A little pricey but you pretty much got what you paid for.Special Features:
- Great Food!kathyDined on 9/12/2014Had a wonderful Anniversary Dinner here. Let them know ahead of time needing a more quiet location and they got us a nice booth, with even, "Happy Anniversary" on our menus, nice touch. Food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!LovetoeatDined on 9/8/2014I took a couple of clients for a nice leisurely dinner, and was very pleased with the experience. The waiter was excellent, the food was wonderful and the pacing of the meal was perfect. We enjoyed the atmosphere and hospitality, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchteach1VIPDined on 9/7/2014We love to go here for brunch, as well as lunch and dinner. Fariba was our server, and she always does an excellent job. She is very friendly and remembers us. I had the salmon which was excellent. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed, and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DjwoodDined on 9/6/2014Perfect venue and awesome food on saturday. It was the best choice to take my mother from out of town to meet my future in-laws and extended famil. Thaks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood nigjtJoeymidwestDined on 9/6/2014Altogether the dining experiences was quite good. Chopin Vodka Martinis. were perfect. We then had Blue Pont oysters which were rather small but delicious. High recommends for the lobster bisque. Lobster Cobb salad -- thumbs down. Microscopic amount of lobster and altogether too bland. We also had mussels in a tomato garlic sauce which was delicious. The server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentLarryDined on 9/4/2014McCormick & Schmick's is consistent with their food quality, presentation and service. Fresh Fish selection is good and they are accommodating with various preparations. No surprises when I take clients, friends or family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceHard2PleaseDined on 9/4/2014we had a wonderful lunch. Food was wonderful and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great specialDianaVIPDined on 9/1/2014Great Labor Day weekend special lobster and steak! Great service too!Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 8/31/2014Our experience was extremely disappointing. We enjoyed our short time in the bar area. We were shown to our table 10 minutes after our reservation time. We were seated next to the kitchen doors that kept swinging open and close and at times stuck open so all the noise of the pans banging and hubbub in the kitchen was heard. We waited 40 minutes for our soup and salads to arrive. The soup was VERY salty and barely warm. The salad greens were wet and soggy. The entrees took forever to arrive. The fish and chips were great but the lobster and steak were dry, tasteless and tough. We will not go back.
- Almost Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Over all it was more than satisfactory; one downside was the wait in the bar despite being on time for our reservation.Special Features:
- Delightful ExperinceSoulja3Dined on 8/29/2014Wait Staff,needs improvement. Food Very Nice,Food 5 Star Quality...................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingeatoutalotVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have eaten at McCormick and Schmick's many times. I have avoided giving it a bad review though the experience was less than excpected.Tonight I have to say, it will be a while before we return. We both ordered the Palm Beach Mahi which we have always enjoyed.It is actually my husband's favorite entree at this restaurant. The preparation was different from what we previously enjoyed. The fish did not taste fresh, there were small little flies flying around and there was an unpleasant smell. I did not finish my food. I felt the service was marginal as well. The good news was when they brought our check we had a $25 credit from having dined there so much before so at least we felt we hadn't spent what we would have otherwise.
- mareDined on 8/27/2014we like to choose your retaurant for special occasions and it usually is a wonderful experience. Our server was excepional. I was somewhat upset when I got home and saw a special price for the dinner that my son ordered. It was the steak and lobster dinner for $25.99. We paid regular price the day before. I was also not totally pleased with my Swordfish choice. Not your fault, but mine. We do always enjoy the ambiance. MKSpecial Features:
- great placeteach1VIPDined on 8/27/2014I have been to the Happy Hour before, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had one of the best hamburgers ever, and the price was right!. Our waitress was wonderful and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed my wine, and sitting outside. I only wish it was a little quieter outside. The music was a little too loud for us "older folks" with hearing difficulties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualAAwesomeDined on 8/24/2014My husband, stepson & I have been enjoying McCormick & Schmick's for the past 3 years on our wedding anniversary & have never been let down. My stepson (he's 8) keeps asking if we can go back sooner than later :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night.MrsGManDined on 8/23/2014A lovely evening with very pleasant staff. Service was not rushed and food allergies were accommodated without a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grammyVIPDined on 8/23/2014celebrated my birthday there - lobster bisque was the best everSpecial Features:
- Thoughts4foodDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I were disappointed in the food itself and the lack of flavor. I had the swordfish which tasted like it had not been seasoned at all, very bland. My wife had the steak and lobster with the red pepper mashed potatoes. The lobster was good but the steak also lacked some flavor and the mashed potatoes had zero flavor. Service was friendly and attentive but we probably won't return to McCormick & Schmick's.Special Features:
- M&S SeafoodGaryDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I dine at M&S every once in a while. The food and service is always top notch. If you are a dessert fan, they have a wonderful selection. The bartenders do an excellent job with refreshing upticks to your favorite mixed drinks. Very nice! Highly recommend! GarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youPhoneguyDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent and Eric was a fantastic server.Special Features:
- reviewturtleDined on 8/21/2014The food in general was good. I really liked the fried shrimp. The other shrimp I had was good, but not as good as fried. Prices were a little higher, especially the drinks. Drinks were overpriced. The creme brulee was a little too done on top, had a little burnt taste on part of it. I wouldnt go here often as I can get just as good at red lobster for a lot less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerSusieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had a very lovely server who was attentive and very sweet. Made our visit memorable.Special Features:
- Nice Happy Hour MenuNikaDined on 8/19/2014I've dined here many times over the past couple year, and the happy hour menu is worth talking about. Note, main menu is nice to look at but the food is sub par. We had a range... fish tacos, chicken raps, shrimp, tuna platter etc. Best were the fish tacos, they are fried (can be made grilled, but understandably that is for an additional fee) they had great flavor. The chicken was dry and over cooked, but the sauce managed to cover some if that. The shrimp was..... not worth even the happy hour price. Completely fried beyond recognition. I would go again to get the fish tacos....grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was Outstandingbxrman88Dined on 8/16/2014Our server, Lucas, was the best server we have had in a very long time. His recommendations were perfect. I've been to three of this brand of restaurants and this was by far the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodjersackDined on 8/13/2014Consistency is imperative to a fine restaurant. Also, they do a great job with seasonal specials and adding new items and preparations to the menu. Definitely one of our go to restaurants and also the ONLY chain on that list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Big Let DownKattykatDined on 8/7/2014We made reservations to celebrate our 32nd anniversary. We have been to this restaurant in a different city and loved it!...not so much this time around. Ten minutes before the waiter came with water or to even acknowledge us. This was a Thursday night and not at all busy. Twenty minutes later we got our first cocktail and my husbands had a bug floating in it! Ick!!! We were waiting on our salad when our entrée came. The waiter forgot to put in the order...yow! The food was fine but nothing to shout about. It was not a very good experience and was a real bummer since we were celebrating as well. Oh yes, and of all the tables they had available they sat us right outside of the kitchen doors! Not going back and would not recommend.
- Disappointing BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014The quality of the steak and fish as well as service was marginal and not commensurate with this price point. Preparation was in a league of say a Red Lobster or Outback including the service. Slow service for water, bread etc. Then server tried to be too charming. Soupy tasteless lobster mashed potatoes akin to what an 8 year old might try to prepare. Then to top it off a complimentary dessert wad not offered to the birthday guest. Apparently, noting her birthday on a printed menu was considered enough. It appears some cost cutting cutting may have gone too far. Disappointing.
- Always GreatRickieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Another outstanding meal. Fish tacos are my favorite.Special Features:
- Restroom and Service.DanoDined on 7/31/2014Service was outstanding and waitress did an excellent job of upselling. The only thing that is strange is that there is 1 bathroom in the restaurant, which only 1 person can use at a time. Had to go into hotel lobby to use the restroom there as the men's room was occupied. Seems to be too much of an effort to use the restroom at a restaurant.Special Features:
- Great lunchSusanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Quiet. Great service. Yummy food. A definite perfect lunch spot. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineDineout6Dined on 7/28/2014The food and ambience were excellent but the staff made it a special evening to celebrate an eventSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceArleneDined on 7/28/2014The service was very slow on Monday. The waitress had too many tables. The manage rhad to help out at the end of the meal to bring dessert and the check. Also the tables are too close together.Special Features:
- Fair at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014We had the walleye it was borderline fishy my wife,s salmon pasta was not as good as She remembered . We will not be back
- Excellent seafoodbetsyDined on 7/25/2014We visited the restaurant for a late lunch and had excellent seafood. This restaurant always delivers and we were not disappointed. Highly recommend for lunch or dinner -- service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful 49th Wedding Ann. dinnerLarsDined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed a great dinner. All the seafood was excellent, but the calarmari was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.