McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall
4325 Glenwood Avenue
Crabtree Valley Mall - Suite 5008
Raleigh, NC 27612Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (919) 881-7848
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alex Piatt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us every Wed night for Live Music through the end of October. 5pm to 9pm. Great food and drink features on our patio and in our lounge.
- Special Events: Wed Night Band Night live music from 5pm to 9 pm
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall
Nestled in the heart of Crabtree Valley at Raleigh's premier shopping mall. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant offers A fresh approach to your seafood dining experience. Our extensive menu features more than 30 fresh seafood species prepared with the freshest ingredients and cooked to perfection. Our menus are printed twice daily to accommodate the freshest seafood available! Our bar, traditional yet elegant, offers fresh squeezed juices and hand-crafted cocktails. Don't miss our famous $2.99 Happy Hour Bar Menu. Our private dining room accommodates up to 50 guests and is loaded with state-of-the art audio visual equipment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (85)good for groups (61)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (40)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (23)great for brunch (17)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- 1stdisappointmentVIPDined on 11/22/2014Went for our anniversary. A table was ready for us in a booth as requested. Receptionist recognized it was our anniversary and had a special menu. Server was great and attentive. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time I walked away unsatisfied.RaleighDined on 11/22/2014Service was great as usual, but the food was just okay. Have eaten here on several occasions, and usually walk away talking about what a great meal we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinner for my husband of 11 yearskriscashDined on 11/21/2014Our experience was very nice. When we first got there, we received a menu with Happy Birthday Tim printed on it. A surprise for the “birthday boy”. Waiter suggested the shrimp kisses which melted in our mouths. Something we had not tried before. I always go with suggested selling ideas. for the entree, my husband got the wohoo which was good and had deliciously cooked vegetables on the side. I got the lettuce wedge with the juiciest, plumpest scallops. I will definitely get scallops next time I got. Our meal was finish off my a molten chocolate dessert which was offered for his birthday. All in all, the food, service and atmosphere was very nice. We will go again, sometime soon (hopefully).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite unimpressed customerUnsatisfiedDined on 11/15/2014I had previously called ahead to reserve a table for my birthday celebration. Upon arriving to the restaurant the party was seated and provided with menus. There was quite a wait for party to even put in food order. I had requested to taste test some merlot wines, unfortunately they weren't in stock. The party also requested some bread for the table being that the food was taking a while. Waiter notified party that the restaurant was out of bread as well. Once food arrived to the table 75% of the party was unsatisfied and unimpressed with quality and taste. Two sides of collard greens were sent back due to their cold temperature, along with two other pasta entrees that were under cooked as well. Once everyone was finished and proceeded to exit restaurant a few of my party guests noticed other tables that had came in after our party had what appeared to be fresh bread on their table. When the staff were questioned as to why other tables had bread when our party was informed that the bread wouldn't be arriving until tomorrow, staff suggested that the bread had been retrieved from another restaurant in close vicinity.Special Features:
- Not too badTomShaDined on 11/15/2014Service was great. The food was just ok. Little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Ruth Crist or Angus BarnJohnM53Dined on 11/15/2014Food was expensive, steak was fair, one King Crab leg with the dinner for $40..seriously. Should have gone to Ruth Crist or Angus Barn. Would definitely get a better value for the cost.
- Veteran's DinnerTheRoystersDined on 11/9/2014We had an excellent dinner, the food was delicious and the service was just as good. We ordered their Calamari, the ribeye skteaka and m husband had an item from the Veteran's day specials. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The waiter that served me was excellent. He knew the menu and was attentive to my concerns. Very SERVICE oriented, with ease and professionalism.Special Features:
- Veterans dayExcaliburDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I went to this restaurant because they had a free meal (from a special menu) for active duty military and veterans. They also had a discount on a particular bottle of wine. When we received our meals, they seemed rather small. I didn't think that it would fill me up. We were pleasantly surprised, however. Not only was the food delicious, but it was filling as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceGoodfoodDined on 11/9/2014What a great dinner service. We went for the Veterans day dinner and the services was out of this world. Our Server was on top of every thing from the App to the main course. Drinks were priced reasonably and the food was as expected Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereBrawnyDined on 11/9/2014Wonderful place to go for special occasions or a romantic dinner. Lighting is dim at night but very pleasant.Special Features:
- Veterans RecognitionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014What a generous and tasty way to say thank you to our veterans! We have enjoyed this special meal with McCormick and Schmick for several years along with other visits to this fine restaurant all during the year. Always pleased but this most recent meal was especially delicious and we had a wonderful server who made the experience even better. Highly recommend this restaurant located in Crabtree Valley Mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vets4USDined on 11/9/2014We went here for the Veterans Day dinner. We were both Veterans. The food was fantastic, the service great, and we were very pleased that McCormick and Schmick's chose to honor veterans with a free meal. Thank you so much!!Special Features:
- Veterans' respectStuffedDined on 11/9/2014M&S went above and beyond devoting themselves and giving respect to veterans and service members. The food tasted great with large portions. Service was excellent and I would recommend this to all. Thanks to the restaurant for free entrees on Veterans Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Day CelebrationDininghereisgreatDined on 11/9/2014Fast and direct service during this busy time. Menu for veterans had a good selection. Always love coming here for any occasion.Special Features:
- Stellar StaffEasterbunniesDined on 11/9/2014As soon as you walk in you know this will be a good experience. The staff is amazing. We have been back several times because the food is really good but mostly because we know we will be treated as if we are the only ones there. No matter how busy they are, they take the time to be very warm and accommodating. This time was for the Veterans Thank You Sunday. The place was packed. We did make reservations and were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time. Congratulations to a very well run establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super dining !!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014Outstanding restaurant. Truly a fine dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicejjoynerDined on 11/9/2014The food was great as well as the service. Our waitress was very attentive and made us feel welcomed during the entire meal. We were seated promptly after we arrived and our order was taken shortly there after.Special Features:
- Good food & service with high costxdmlxDined on 11/9/2014Food was very good as was the service. Price was also very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I enjoyed the service and the recommendation of Shrimp Kisses as my appetizer from my waiter. My entree of Cashew Crusted Tilapia was very disappointing. It lacked any flavor. I was offered a different entree, which I declined. I have had steaks in the past at a different M&S in the past which were very good.Special Features:
- Tastel2slifeDined on 11/9/2014It was a beautiful restaurant with very friendly staff, so I was really looking forward to great food. Considering the price of everything on the menu, I was sure I would be eating something out of the ordinary. My appetizer was salty, I assume it was due to the bacon wrapped around the shrimp. The salmon rigatoni was so bland that I actually had to keep adding salt and I don't even eat much salt. I was disappointed with the mac and cheese because the noodles were huge and the flavor wasn't that great.
- Never DisappointsStronmintalDined on 11/9/2014This is 3rd dining experience and each time I visit. The food is always nicely portioned, hot, and delicious!! My husband and I also appreciate the atmosphere which is classy and energetic without all the noise like some of the other restaurants. Oh, and did say the food was great and well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining for a Sunday afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014We had a great meal with you on November 9, 2014. The food was excellent. My 8 year old nephew declared that his hamburger was "the best in the whole world." All of the selections were prepared with care, and served hot with tasty appearance. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans Day specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Thank you for your support of the military and veterans.Special Features:
- RecognitionSemperFi80Dined on 11/9/2014Thanks for your commitment in recognizing those men and women that are serving and have served in the military. This truly shows your support to these brave men and women providing security for our Nation's borders. I salute you and all your employees for a job well done. Great dining experience and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceBandDFoodiesDined on 11/9/2014We love going to McCormick and Schmidt for special occasions. The food is always wonderful and the service has always been exceptional. A couple of years ago we found that they celebrated Veterans Day with vets. We have gone every year since then and been very pleased with the generosity of this restaurant. Whether enjoying a freebie or paying it is always a great experience. Thanks again.Special Features:
- AromotheraphyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014When I first walked into the restaurant I knew the food was going to be great by the smell. My mouth was watering and I didn't even see any food yet!Special Features:
- just okaypetieDined on 11/9/2014just okay, nothing special as I expected;the so-called "blackened chicken" fettucine was just a scoop,no garnish,no offering of parm,just "blah",chicken not seasoned,serving was "dry",no sauce hardly, don't recall seeing any mushrooms, cajun cream sauce, not creamy/not there;seemed to "sparsely" presented for the $$$,I was not impressed, expected more of "something", just not there. presented in the middle and dish looked empty.
- No disappointmentseafoodloverDined on 11/9/2014You won't be disappointed with the quality of food and service at McCormick & Schmick's. I'm a frequent diner their, and always look forward to a great dining experience.Special Features:
- great diningeatwellDined on 11/8/2014We had a small family birthday party and we all enjoyed the meal. We all had seafood and I would love to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong eating here.CrookpineDined on 11/8/2014Great restaurant atmosphere and settings. The food was delicious and the menu choices were very good.Special Features:
- Food quality and presentation greatcumsteadDined on 11/4/2014The quality of the steak and the seafood was outstanding! The staff was very freindly and effective in their duties. Nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday surpriseTy2dineDined on 11/2/2014Booked this restaurant via open table. Staff was top notch from the moment they opened the door. Took my girlfriend here for her birthday and they made it wonderful. The waiter (Frank) was very knowledgeable about the menu and was awesome at suggestions. Will be back soon enough to experience another wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canzyVIPDined on 11/2/2014Friendly service. Wine prices are a little higher than other restaurants. Food is mediocre . Music is loud. We did sit in a cozy booth which we enjoyed since we were celebrating a birthday .Special Features:
- my favorite restaurantgreatfoodDined on 11/2/2014It's always a wonderful dining experience with great food, great ambiance and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pace of food and everything slowNCgirlVIPDined on 10/30/2014Had a 6:15 reservation;it was not very busy. I was seated promptly, and ordered wine. That took a while to come and then I ordered the 3 course special. It took a long time for the salad to come out; I feared the entree might come out before I had time to eat the delicious walnut and blue cheese salad, but I should not have worried as it was a long time before my entree of shrimp scampi and two beef medallions arrived. The entree was good but nothing outstanding and I did not like the accompanying green beans. Also, they use whipped butter that is not very good; I like butter that tastes like butter. I had another wait for the Cream Brulee, as well as for the bill, and then again for the return of my card. I see no reason to return.
- AmazingladybugDined on 10/29/2014We went there for our 32nd anniversary. They made the evening very special. The menus were printed especially for us with Happy 32nd Anniversary on them and then wrapped so we could take them home. The service was impeccable. What a great evening.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, Fair FoodluvmemattieDined on 10/27/2014I always wanted to try this restaurant. The restaurant was upscale and the service was professional. But the food did not live up to a dining "experience". The food was good and everything was fresh. But the sauces and the method of cooking lacked. My husband had the grilled scallops. The scallops were high quality but they dry grilled them. Some sort of oil and seasoning (before grilling) would have made them juicier and not so dry. The stuffed shrimp were a disappointment. The size of the shrimp should have been extra-large or jumbo and the crab filling should have been "lump" crabmeat. It just missed the mark. But it could get there..........Special Features:
- Will keep going backmemeDined on 10/27/2014Food, as always, was excellent and cooked perfectly. Went at lunch and it was not crowded, food plentiful, service spot on. If you've been there you know this, if not you should definitely go. Fresh, fresh, fresh!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceElaineDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I celebrated his 70th birthday on Sunday. Our wait person was fantastic, very attentive, helpful and just really made us feel very special. I cannot remember when we have been treated so nice in a restaurant and we eat out often and different types of restaurants. My husband felt very special on Sunday. Thank you for a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.