McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall
4325 Glenwood Avenue
Crabtree Valley Mall - Suite 5008
Raleigh, NC 27612Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 9198817848x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Alex Piatt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us every Wed night for Live Music through the end of October. 5pm to 9pm. Great food and drink features on our patio and in our lounge.
- Special Events: Wed Night Band Night live music from 5pm to 9 pm
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall
Nestled in the heart of Crabtree Valley at Raleigh's premier shopping mall. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant offers A fresh approach to your seafood dining experience. Our extensive menu features more than 30 fresh seafood species prepared with the freshest ingredients and cooked to perfection. Our menus are printed twice daily to accommodate the freshest seafood available! Our bar, traditional yet elegant, offers fresh squeezed juices and hand-crafted cocktails. Don't miss our famous $2.99 Happy Hour Bar Menu. Our private dining room accommodates up to 50 guests and is loaded with state-of-the art audio visual equipment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Raleigh - Crabtree Mall reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (58)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (31)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Superb food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Superb food, service, and outstanding experience. We drove up from Fort Bragg for a family fine dining experience and we total loved it. Steaks were the best ever, service was perfect, and we loved the total expereince. The food was worth the price, and worth the drive!Special Features:
- Wonderful Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/18/2014Our waitress Caitlin was incredible! Such help with ordering and wine pairings. We had an incredible evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entrees, poor dessertMemphisRedDined on 9/12/2014We've dined at McCormick & Schmick's on numerous occasions. The service is always great but our server tonight was no different. One of us ordered the scallop dinner, the other a shrimp trio. My scallop dish was very good. The shrimp trio was good but the butternut squash "risotto" was not really a risotto. The number of shrimp on the plate was very generous. The dessert was most disappointing. We ordered the red velvet cake. The cake was dry and the ice was stiff and not creamy. It didn't taste "old" but it obviously wasn't fresh. M&S: If desserts hang around too long, try reducing the number that your offer so they turn more often.Special Features:
- Great service!BuddiesSinceMiddleSchoolDined on 9/10/2014Our server was terrific. She left us alone to visit, and enjoy our wine. And, we appreciated her recommendations for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!food4thoughtDined on 9/10/2014McCormick & Schmicks always lives up to my expectations, if not continually exceeding them every time I go there. I made reservations the day before, requested a privacy booth, & received prompt (& perfect) seating & amazing service! The drinks were great & the food was positively heavenly. Everything was fresh & timely. The atmosphere was romantic, calm, & everything I could have asked for. I will certainly be dining there again very soon. I could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemtheshopperDined on 9/7/2014McCormick and Schmick's is a great place to dine; either for a special occasion or no occasion at all. The restaurant has great atmosphere, the service is excellent and the food is as well. Everything we have eaten there has been a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceUal312Dined on 9/1/2014Good food and great service!! Had the Lobster and Steak special which was quite tasty.Special Features:
- excellent dinner and servicelovegoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I came in for our anniversary. When we first arrived at the resaurant. There was a large table with 3 kids, who were a little loud. But after 10 mins they finished up . We had a great remaining dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceSusanSDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter David was an excellent server, I like that we were not rushed through our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two strikes you're outFine2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2014Second time in 3 weeks I had lunch here. Both times it was empty, service was terrible and food was mediocre at best. This place has gone down hill fast. Waiter was not attentive and obviously didn't care about providing service. They have lost me as a customer.
- Special OccasionDFMesseeDined on 8/29/2014Haven't been here in a while, glad we went back. Usually save for a special occasion. I had my usual salmon stuffed with brie, very good, but my husband had one of the chef's specials, the seared tuna with wasabi cream sauce and edamame risotto - outstanding! If it comes around again, would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Up-scale restaurant with great foodChrisDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I went to McCormick & Schmick's a few days ago. I ordered the steak medallions in a red wine sauce and my wife ordered a salmon pasta. Both meals tasted excellent. The steak was some of the best steak I've ever had and I even enjoyed the pasta (not a fan of seafood in general). My only problem was the serving size. This might be my fault for ordering the medallions, but I finished my meal and still felt very hungry. I do understand that I was paying for the quality of the steak (and, once again, it was *very* good) versus quantity, but paying $20-some for a dinner and leaving hungry was pretty disappointing. Everything else was really great, so maybe stay away from the steak medallions if you're a big eater.Special Features:
- Half and HalfIJustlovetoeatDined on 8/23/2014Service was good but very expensive for what you get.Scallops were so salty,good thing there was only 2 the rest was average. Dinner for two with no drinks? 100.00 not worth itSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerkrobDined on 8/22/2014Took my husband for his birthday and we had a very nice time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Great special rate, food was ample, very good. They are refurbing the interior, it really looks greatSpecial Features:
- Solid meallhb87VIPDined on 8/13/2014We dined at McCormick & Schmick's for my grandmother's birthday. The food was very good, as usual (I recommend the crab dip). The only criticism I have is that our server was very bland, no warmth or personality in our service. He wasn't slow or incompetent, just not personable like servers normally are.
- We'll be backFavoritePMDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed table outside. Bartender was our waiter. Great guy. a little busy. Stuffed Salmon was delicious! Bacon and blue cheese stuffed olives for martini were insane. ( Yes, I said bacon! )Special Features:
- ENJOYABLE EVENING OUTNannyDined on 8/9/2014Table was ready when we arrived. Service was great. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service!pattyDined on 8/8/2014Lobster bisque was to die for! lobster mashed potatoes were phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good was not good.DiningDuoDined on 8/8/2014It does not compare to the other restaurants I have dined in other states. The ones in PA & Fl were outstanding. The service was excellent and the place is wondeful, but the food was horrible.
- OutstandingpegharrisDined on 8/4/2014I am hooked on McCormick & Schmick's and every city i go to i check to see if they are there. Have some friends that know the manager Bob at this one and they were right it was OUTSTANDINGSpecial Features:
- Best service ever.MikeVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had the best server ever. She was accurate, timely, and funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delightsLovethebeachDined on 7/25/2014Great food...gracious service...consistently good! Never fails to delight! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but pricey & left hungryKintyDined on 7/25/2014I had the Mahi-mahi and my husband had the swordfish. The fish was very good and fresh. It came with seasonal string beans which were very good; and mashed potatoes which were very bland. We opted to not get a side salad since it's summer and we've been eating a lot of salads from our garden and seemed like just an extra cost. It just wasn't enough food for me or my husband and since the price of the meals is on the high side I don't expect to leave hungry. I would probably try somewhere else first for the price. Our server was excellent. Offered suggestions and explanations if needed and was all-around friendly.
- Good Food-Poor ServiceJustWantAGoodMealDined on 7/22/2014This was our 10th wedding anniversary dinner. We had reservations and were given a nice quiet booth. The server made a few recommendations from the menu, but she also told us that several items were not great, especially for the cost. What?? Shouldn't she be giving glowing reviews of the menu? The Positives: The Shrimp Kisses appetizer were good. My husband had the glazed salmon and I had the Miso Scallops. Both were great. The portions were good. We had the espresso chocolate cake for dessert, which was rich and fantastic. Big enough to share. The Negatives: The server was very chatty and made several comments that were too personal for our liking. The server also lacked knowledge of the drink menu. The price was fair for the experience.
- Great Fresh SeafoodNCRLDined on 7/20/2014The quality of the seafood was top notch. Outstanding service. Was surprised that on a Sunday evening there restaurant was virtually empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParticularVIPDined on 7/20/2014We went on a quiet Sunday afternoon. The place was almost empty, so it was quiet and to our taste! Excellent service and good food.Special Features:
- The Ambiance was great!Missprissy51Dined on 7/19/2014I was celebrating my birthday with friends. We had a great time and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Food was great as usual! Jill, our waitress from Chicago, provided excellent service! The evening breeze was on the money! Will definitely see us again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointing2foodiesVIPDined on 7/18/2014As frequent diners we always expect the best and McCormick & Schmick's Seafood always delivers. The staff is friendly and attentive and we are always seated in a quiet corner table. The seafood is always fresh and perfectly prepared. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting the highest quality seafood in the Triangle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice enough food.CRussellDined on 7/15/2014The food is fairly good, though no longer the "better" meal it use to be before being bought out. Service was overly chatty and our waitress literally ignored the host and hostess and hovered over some guests she chatted and giggled with most of the meal. Dinner was a birthday dinner for the hostess and waitress instead catered to one of the guests and even presented the guest with the birthday dessert and hung out at that end of the table. Tacky. The steaks were well spoken of [large filet mignons], while the fish dishes were considered to be only okay; a shrimp dish was bland [couldn't find the herbs] and almost room temperature. All in all a bit pricy for a mediocre meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJeffDined on 7/14/2014I was disappointed the taste of the shrimp scampi and even the salad. The meal was very ordinary and somewhat bland. It wasn't worth the price or the nice, expensive decor.
- Average food, but high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/14/2014While the service was fine - the food was just 'okay'. However the prices were set where I would have expected much better.
- on lunch specialseugenecmillerDined on 7/14/2014ordered the Cajun catfish special for lunch; greatly disappointed. dish consisted of two miniscule pieces of catfish, no cold slaw, way over priced.Special Features:
- Special EventtheshopperDined on 7/13/2014Had a wonderful dinner at McCormick and Schmick's. Our dinners were prepared to perfection; service was excellent and the atmosphere in the restaurant made it a special evening.Special Features:
- Great Every DayDavesTastesDined on 7/13/2014The staff was wonderful and very helpful we enjoyed our family time together. We were not rushed and had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItLoveItDined on 7/12/2014Great food and service. One of my "GO TO" places. We've gone there for several special occasions and it's always wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Always pleasedrepeatvisitorDined on 7/12/2014Went for a birthday dinner (as we do every year) and it was excellent as always. Quality of the food, the attentiveness of the wait staff and the atmosphere are what bring us back.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch spotPeepWrangler2014Dined on 7/11/2014I brought a group in from out of town (senior group) and they loved the atomosphere, food and service! We'll definitely return!!Special Features:
- Great First ImpressionBRONXKIDDined on 6/28/2014Came here for our first date and the restaurant was everything we expected and more. From the personalized header on the menu to the private dining both, the restaurant made our dining experience a night to remember. The waitress brought the wine, appetizers and maintain course and desert we're brought out at the right intervals. One side note about the attention to detail of the staff and management, our steak was order medium well and was delivered to the table raw. Once we brought thus to the waitress attention she went into action immediately. Not only was it corrected in a timely fashion, but the manager had delivered the steak himself with the deepest if apologies. A wonderful and memorable dinning experience second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.