McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago
41 East Chestnut Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Chicago
- Phone: 3123979500x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Wallach
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago
Located in Chicago's famous "Gold Coast," McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks on Chestnut / Rush Street is close to shopping, hotels, bars, the famous Chicago Water Tower and the Magnificent Mile. It is the ideal location to spend an evening out on the town of Chicago.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)good for groups (34)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (20)scenic view (14)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Great Meal & AmbiancejfergDined on 8/31/2014We were looking for a place with great food and quiet surroundings as we wanted to visit. This restaurant fit our needs to the utmost. We had a hard time deciding on which food to order! We were able to talk freely as we requested some place quiet and were given a private booth. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Went on a friday night food was good Strong drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Well, it is is McCormick. So, it is a good warranty. In this case the walnut salad was not so good as expected, but the pesto pasta (recommendation from our waiter), compensated big time. Special kudos to Bertha, our waitress. Even she was on training, she was very charming, knowledgable about the menu, and with a smile and a brilliant comment!Special Features:
- Good food. Great service.OTRegularVIPDined on 8/26/2014Occasionally when I travel on business I wind up having dinner solo, and M&S is usually a good pick. Tuesday night in Chicago it turned out to be a great choice. The food--wedge salad and rainbow trout almondine--and drink--a perfect Sapphire martini and a very drinkable house Merlot--were excellent. And the staff were exceptional. They seated me at a quiet table where I could read and dine at my own pace, thanks to my waiter, who attended to all my requests and never rushed me: He didn't bring the wine until I was done with the martini; or serve dinner until I was done with the salad. It all added up to a very pleasant 2 hours that made just another evening on the road something a little special.
- Good Quality Food Reasonable PricePeterRDined on 8/26/2014The branch of McCormick and Schmicks on Chestnut in Chicago met our expectations, with good quality food at a reasonable price. Some excellent fish choices. The staff were welcoming and friendly and knew their dishes. The restaurant wasn't very busy the night we went, a Tuesday evening, but they had a steady turnover of guests. I can recommend the restaurant to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TilapiaxenobiaVIPDined on 8/24/2014While I have been to McCormick & Schmick's on Chestnut quite a number of times, this last visit was not quite as memorable. My piece of tilapia was less than desirable and was served lukewarm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service ehhhlitoswayDined on 8/23/2014Long story short - my wife and I love seafood...unfortunately we have a child with shellfish allergies. The times we get out without the kids, seafood is typically on the top of our list! The food was good, enjoyable. Unfortunately the service left something to be desired. Our server seemed to forget us for a bit - which is surprising when the restaurant wasn't especially busy, and some of the staff conversation that we overheard was inappropriate. It dampened our night a bit.Special Features:
- Not what it used to bemelikesushiVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I used to eat here frequently when we lived in the city, so we were excited to go back after several years. It is not what it used to be. My shrimp scampi was in a sauce that more closely resembled an alfredo sauce, the apple crisp dessert was not nearly as good as I remembered, and the service was very spotty. Our waiter was attentive yet seemed to always be forgetting to bring something. It was a Saturday night at 7 pm and more than 1/2 the restaurant was empty…not a good sign.
- Romantic evening!LovesfoodDined on 8/23/2014We had a romantic booth to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The food and service were excellent and the evening flowed so nicely. Everything arrived on time and the Ahi Tuna was perfect as was my wife's Parmesan chicken. The Key Lime for desert was as good as any we've had in Sarasota. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Sara our sever and Jeff the GM provide excellent experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesSteveAndSallyDined on 8/22/2014We chose McCormick & Schmick's for a pleasant night out because we have been to this restaurant before, along with other Landry places around the country. We are never disappointed. You can't beat the amazing menu variety, presentation quality, impeccable service, and overall professional ambience. Whether one wants meat or seafood, plenty of choices are listed on a diverse bill of fare. SteveandSallySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks!ElectricDined on 8/18/2014Was one of the best Steaks ever. Second to Capital GrillSpecial Features:
- Great dinningJJJJDined on 8/16/2014Overall,...this is the place to go. Always great service. Always great food. No complaints.Special Features:
- Always goodSkramdeDined on 8/14/2014M&S is a chain, but a really good one. I usually stay away from chains, but when we were on vacation with my.brother and his wife and she said she'd like some really good seafood for our last evening together, I made a reservation through Open Table for a M&S near our hotel. The food: jist as good as our local M&S. The service: impeccable. Our server knew the menu, and made us feel really special. She was a hostess and we were her guests. It was a lovely evening, and my sister in law was more than satisfied.Special Features:
- Best steaks in Chicago!DesignAngelVIPDined on 8/10/2014I've been to all of the top steakhouses in my city. I reside in downtown Chicago. McCormick's is the best! Delicious! Go with an appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for groups!eyedoctorDined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation and had five friends over for girls' night and asked for my usual server Sarah. She did not disappoint! Service was flawless, food was amazing. She even offered to split the checks individually and also offered a free dessert to share (yay chocolate bag!) McCormick is my go-to for my family dinners and now will be my go-to for friends' get togethers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Friendly hostess, server, and our bartender was fun and engagingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually a reliable top spot...IceRebelDined on 7/28/2014I'm a fan of seafood and have happily dined at McCormick & Schmick's in several cities. Chicago is no exception, though service has varied from the exceptional to the ordinary. I'd like to see a little more work put into the wine list, especially red wines selcted to avoid big tannins...Special Features:
- Birthday and anniversayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014We went in for a combined birthday and anniversary, had a great meal, great service and complimentary dessert. Couldn't have been nicer!Special Features:
- Loved the scallops!MG120Dined on 7/17/2014Perfect Thursday night dinner. We definitely wanted excellent seafood at a great price. The Sun-Thur special is great for only 28 dollars. I personally got the scallops and loved them! Will go back for sure!
- fourcharDined on 7/15/2014the waiter took forever. We waited 20 minutes looking at the dessert list which only had 7 desserts.
- NiceLazarusDined on 7/13/2014One of the better M&S I've visited around the US. The shrimp and grits I ordered was good but the best part of my visit was my waiter Winston. A very energetic, well spoken and knowledgable about every menu item, wines, pairings, etc. I'm sure he will be a GM one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected morePepeTDined on 7/11/2014I have been to several McCormick & Schmick's restaurants around the US and always had excellent service. The Chicago location on Chestnut was very nice but the service left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Good not GreatBostongirlDined on 7/6/2014My mother in law's salmon special was overcooked and had to be redone. It took us a while to get the waiter's attention so we could tell him. Once we did he was very gracious about it and he rushed off to prepare another one but the damage (to the dining experience) was done. The rest of the party enjoyed their food and my mother in law's second salmon was good but too late. I chose this restaurant for dinner after the theater because I wanted great seafood, ultimately I was disappointed, at these prices I expect them to get it right the first time. Since all the other food was good I might consider trying this place again but probably not before I try it's competitors.
- JzzzzDined on 7/5/2014My medium burger came out rare with dressing on the bun despite ordering it plain. I got chips instead of fries, and we never got the food that we asked to get wrapped up back. I was using gift cards so I wasn't as picky. But it was not a goof first impression.a
- Great dining great experience.MolinedinerDined on 7/2/2014I felt like I was dining in Paris again as the pace of the meal was relaxed and unhurried. Waitress and other staff were friendly, responsive to our needs but never pushy or rushing us. Entrees for our group included 2 shrimp & beef tenderloin dinners, a chef's special blue marlin, and a fresh halibut. The quality of all was impeccable.Special Features:
- Superb!BossyDined on 7/1/2014I usually order the Filet Oscar. But, this time I tried the beef medallions. It was delicious. I LOVE the clam chowder! I washed it all down with the Prosecco Sangria.Special Features:
- McCormick & SchmicktfotoDined on 6/28/2014Sierra our server was great, energetic and fun. The food we ordered was awesome, a must is the chocolate bag for dessert. We had kids with us and they had a good menu choice for them as well. Lots of families dining out.Special Features:
- love itNeville76Dined on 6/27/2014great food and the ambiance was nice! great place for meetings, or to bring out of towners for a nice meal!Special Features:
- Gold Coast Eleganceasdf1234VIPDined on 6/27/2014Very richly appointed, food and service both great.Special Features:
- chicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014very good service, food hot and tasty, excellent ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Every step was lovely. All aspects of service were great and Sarah, our server was really goodSpecial Features:
- Awesome Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014I've always wanted to visit McCormick & Schmick's and I'm so glad I was able to bring my dad for father's day! We all enjoyed the food and drinks. Our waiter was amazing!! They willingly accommodated whatever requests we had, which made our dining experience that much greater. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Catch!rocarolDined on 6/14/2014Recent dinner with family from out of town. Nice diversity on the menu for beef and fish eaters alike. 35th Anniversary specials were delish!Special Features:
- Always pleasedTylerDined on 6/14/2014The food never disappoints and the staff is terrific - great restaurant - great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceCarlopetoDined on 6/13/2014Didn't expect the steaks to be that great. They were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not good!gottaeatDined on 6/13/2014Take out cost, you know what you are going to pay when you go to a quality seafood restaurant. The problem is I didn't see the quality that I would have expected at a higher end fish house. I had the charred monchong supposedly flown in daily from Hawaii. It arrived minus the char but we waited so long to get our food I wasn't about to send it back. The lump crab was very fishy which we couldn't believe. Our waiter was very nice and personable, but was nowhere to be found most of the meal and the restaurant was quite empty. He kept telling us about their famous bread, but kept forgetting to bring us some to try. All in all we will not be going back to the Chicago McCormick & Schmick's.Special Features:
- Pre-theater GemLindaYDined on 6/12/2014Lovely ambiance; good vibe when you first walk in. Great menu choices, we went with the Thursday night special that included soup or salad.( we both got salad, great choice) . My tilapia was delicious as were the sides that came with it. My friend's medallions and shrimp were also great. The desserts, molten lava cake and creme brûlée were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood I've ever had...cajunluvaDined on 6/7/2014This was a birthday dinner for my wife and we absolutely enjoyed everything. They personalized our menus with my wife's name on it telling her happy birthday. We were satisfied and full, which is rare for some of the restaurants you go to downtown. Recommend to anyone looking for awesome seafood dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- holynamer2Dined on 6/5/2014Seat by the window was excellent. Always liked the bar scene. Will try the outdoor dining next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.