McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Cherry Hill
941 Haddonfield Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Cherry Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 8563171711x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Hoffman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Arlene Kushner our Catering Sales Manager.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether planning a business meeting, rehearsal dinner or holiday party, you can count on McCormick & Schmick’s to create an event sure to be memorable with our excellent service, delicious food & unparalleled hospitality. Our flexible dining spaces & customized menus can accommodate any event need.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8772603459
- Entertainment: Join us for our summer Clam Bake on the patio daily Sunday threw Wednesday. $19.99 sponsered By Sam Adams
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Cherry Hill
America's premier upscale seafood restaurant. A traditional atmosphere and lively bar provide the setting to enjoy over 30 species of seafood served fresh from a twice-daily printed menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Cherry Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Over-Priced and Stingy PortionsHope2DineWellDined on 5/28/2014We visited M&S for our 31st wedding anniversary dinner. While the server was very pleasant, it didn't make up for the over-priced, and skimpy portions. The vegetables were under-cooked (raw), and the bread that was served to us was old and hard. Our experience at M&S was such a disaster.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014The gimlet I ordered could not be made because the bar was not complete. Martini came without garnish, no offer made. Requested bernaise sauce, server said it was not available when it was. Instead ordered crab meat with steak; the crab was crushed and it could have been anything. Not a great dining experience for the cost of the meal. I went to this restaurant for a better steak dinner and was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Enticing.........nitaDined on 5/27/2014So sorry to hear of its closing - found it very appealing and surprisingly affordable.Special Features:
- Great Food, okay service.FriendsDined on 5/23/2014We went here for my daughter's birthday (her choice), our meal was great as usual, but service was lacking. Our waiter didn't stop back to check on us in between courses which was odd and we never received bread at our table or even asked if we wanted it. We would still return since we love the food and will hope we have better service.Special Features:
- OutstandingFatherofthebrideDined on 5/17/2014The night was excellent. From the personalized menu, to the food, to the special attention we got due to my daughter becoming a bride in June, it was great. Our waitress was particularly outstanding.Special Features:
- Worst Restaurant in 25 yearsstinksDined on 5/11/2014Can't say enough unpleasant things about my Mother Day Dinner with my family. The hostess were nice and our server was good but the wait for the food was long(15 minutes) and it was cold and also not very good. The server new this and deducted one of the items from our bill which was a little over $185.00!!! Never again!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014Very nice dinner. The server was very good but the food came out slowly. We were thre 1/2 hour before our appetizers or bread we had to ask for came to the table. It would have been nice if the bread came out shortly after the first round of drinks.
- slow servicedissatisfiedDined on 5/11/2014from the time we sat down it took a while for a server to come to our table. I had to get up and go to the hostess desk to find out where our server was. After placing our order it took so long for our food I had to ask for bread just to fill the gap. Soup had to be reheated. Meal was ok. Server had a nice attitude but service was sub par. I noticed another table being impatient waiting for their food as well. I engaged in conversation with yet another table who also found it quite long to wait to receive their food. I don't know what was going on but my mother and I did not enjoy our dining experience enough to return.
- Horrible imeNotnice2bethereDined on 5/11/2014My company and myself were served food we did not order! This made me very perturbed. My family and myself have dined at this place in the past and things were great so I do not know what was going on Mother's Day. The place was not crowded so I really would like some explanation as to what the problem was! I asked for Cous Cous with sweet potato and got Quinoa! The waitress rude and acted as if she did not want to serve us although we did not make many demands. This was just a sad affair!Special Features:
- Over pricedDes4emaDined on 5/11/2014First of all they did not have the french toast banana foster that was advertised and we had to ask for the chocolate covered strawberry for the mother's as advertised. The food for the brunch was in the back of the restaurant and we were seated in the front although there were many tables available. However, the manager on duty was apologetic. He was from the Phila. restaurant and did not really know what was advertised and so forth. Very, overpriced at $42.00. Will not be doing that again. The food was however good. They did not give a price on the computer and when I called they said it was not set yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCHLadyLDined on 5/11/2014I was invited/treated to Mother's Day Brunch by my three year old grandson, Ryan -- [However, I think someone else might have paid the bill !!!] -- Delicious Brunch!! What a lovely way to start off the day -- especially Mother's Day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mothers DaymaryDined on 5/11/2014My mother is almost 95 with major mobility issues, quite deaf, but still young enough to enjoy a good meal and good service at a restaurant. McCormick and Schmick's is one of her favorite dining spots. We are grateful to all the employees who show great patience and go out of their way to make her feel special every time we're there.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Went there for Mothers Day Brunch. $43.99 per person. What a rip off. For what they were offering $13.99 would have been high. And the food was cold. The waitress had to microwave the food for us. Won't be going back. EVER.
- Cooking suckeddaddymorebucksDined on 5/8/2014Food was cold and lobster was rubbery and service not good steak was chewy not mouth melting. And the supervisor didnt even come over to ask how meal was. I called and complained my fiance wasn't happy it was my birthday. Nothing happened
- Last VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2014Service can be great, or not so great, both when very busy, and when not busy at all. Looks like my last visit will be my last visit. Brandi was excellent, last visit only, relatively new. Hope she does well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood chain - a bit priceyRun2eatVIPDined on 5/3/2014We have been to this M&S twice before as well as several others in the chain. We enjoy M&S chain for their consistent food and experience - this visit was no exception. I had the swordfish casino which was both excellent, well prepared and unusual. My wife had stuffed shrimp which she also enjoyed. Service was also quite good. Some M&S have a "snug" which is a semi private booth with curtains that provide a semi-private room. This restaurant did not have snugs, we were seated in a more traditional booth which was somewhat of a disappointment. Also, I found the prices were high for the value delivered, with the entrees ranging in the $25-$35 range with many sides extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlesKDined on 4/27/2014Food was better than I expected, as was the service. Attractive interior for a chain.Special Features:
- night out with friendshope2eatDined on 4/26/2014Have been here several times and never had a bad meal. We had a group of 4 for a night out this time. Everyone's meal was very good except for one that had potatoes that were a little under cooked. Waiter quickly corrected the issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactoryfishfindDined on 4/24/2014Fresh and tasty seafood is always a 'given'. My meal contained rice that was dry and sticky, and string beans that were undercooked. The crab soup was delicious. I love crab legs but am finding that they are rarely on the menu.Special Features:
- Easter DinnerMeishkaDined on 4/20/2014For a last minute Easter dinner the food was wonderfully delicious. We had never been to McCormick& Schmicks before and were very satisfied with out meal. The food was very flavorful and came out quickly. We'll definitely come back again.
- Disappointing...."Typical Chain"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The restaurant itself was nice, the service was fair at best, but that was not the real problem. You are an a la carte restaurant so I expected more. I had the king salmon for $30 and topped it with lump crap meat and butter for an additional $10. That was not a $30 piece of salmon the portion was very thin and over cooked and $10 for a teaspoon of crab paste and a shot glass of butter outrageous. Unfortunately the wedge salad was the highlight of my meal. My wife had the scampi 6 overcooked medium shrimp over 4 ounces of dry pasta. The lobster was like rubber and the bisque was like paste. 5 out of the 6 people in my party were disappointed. Let me be clear, I don't mind spending money at a high end restaurant for quality this was not one.
- Very good fish and flexible1953Dined on 4/12/2014Very good fish and flexible service, adapted the menu to a special requestSpecial Features:
- For our birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014All was perfect until my brother-in-law's PLAIN grilled swordfish did not arrive with everyone elses dinner. They did notice us all waiting for his dish to arrive and took his meal off the bill. Would've appreciated our server to be more attentive on this mix-up. Shrimp kisses and lobster bisque apps were delicious. Great meeting place near outskirts of Philly in Cherry Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Include salad and I'm yoursPeachyDined on 4/11/2014Good food, service, ambiance, but pricey. I'd be very happy if the entree included a side salad. AND if McCormick & Schmick went back to the two sizes of wine pours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's BirthdaychrisDined on 4/6/2014Everyone made my Mother's Birthday very nice. She doesn't get out much as she is a resident of nursing home, so this was special. I would come back to MC and S again because they were so nice to my mom and because we enjoyed the food very much and would like to try other things on the menu. Thank you.Special Features:
- A little disappointedMistyDined on 4/4/2014We visited this restaurant for a special night out. The atmosphere and service were nice as expected. I wanted to return to this restaurant because we enjoyed it so much the previous time we visited. Although the food was generally good, my entree was not as expected. I ordered the Parmesan crusted flounder and was surprised it was pan-fried and a little bland. I'm not a foodie, so I guess it was my own lack of knowledge that "Parmesan crusted" would be fried, not baked or broiled as I had hoped. Still, for the cost of the meal, it really wasn't as good as I had hoped. The butternut squash orzo didn't have much flavor and the green beans, while tasty, were doused in oil. I may still return on occasion, but was disappointed this time.Special Features:
- Very disappointing. FirstNickVIPDined on 4/4/2014Very disappointing. First time i ever saw this place empty. Food was ok
- Never a bad mealMartySVIPDined on 4/2/2014Quality fresh seafood at a fair price with great service from our server Rod. Never a bad meal and always very nice people that care about the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My wife I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. . So we wanted to choose a romantic outing... we really enjoyed ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to your serverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2014If your server recommends the chicken at a fish restaurant run away as fast as you can
- The food was good but a littleDebbieDined on 3/28/2014The food was good but a little over-priced. The desserts were definitely over-priced. The server was good. He let us take our time in ordering which we appreciated.Special Features:
- Good But Not as Good as PreviouslyTheBigCheeseVIPDined on 3/28/2014This visit was OK but somewhat disappointing. My swordfish was fine but not hot enough and the rice that cam with my wife's tuna was crunchy and also not hot enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointeddinerDined on 3/25/2014We took our daughter for her birthday.. The appetizers were very small portion. The lobsters bisque soup was okay, but not the best I've had.. There was quite a lull between courses. My daughter did not care for her meal at all (they did take it off the bill) and I was embarrassed at the small size portion that her date received on his meal. Our server was very nice but otherwise I don't think I'd go back and wouldn't recommend to a friend. Overpriced for the quality and quantity of food we received.
- expensive and small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2014although it was expensive and the portions were small we did enjoy ourselves the staff is very nice. Good for a birthday celebrationSpecial Features:
- I went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2014I went to this restaurant for an early dinner. The staff was friendly and responsive. In terms of the food, I've had better steaks but at least dessert was delicious (creme brulee)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as usualnonnaDined on 3/15/2014As usual the food was great - I had the proscuitto wrapped salmon - new on the menu - it was very good. Staff very attentive - even the Manager came over to check on us since I had a new item. Arrived early for our reservation and were seated right away. The waiter answered all questions we asked and checked with the manager on the one thing he was unsure of.Special Features:
- Wee bit of leprachaun pricey foodtaztugDined on 3/15/2014I had the special mahi mahi and was happy with the fact that most of my meal was hot, lobster on top was cold and maybe that was the way it was supposed to be. My husband had the triple combination and the salmon was a small portion and although there were 5 shrimp they were very small. We had an appetizer crab tower for two that was a waste of money. What I want to complain about is both the crab and lobster did NOT taste fresh. I would have said they came out of a can. A seafood restaurant on the east cost should not have this problem. Crème brulee was very good but again on the small side and even the coffee cups at $3.50 a piece were tiny.. Our waitress, Mary, did an excellent job taking care of us.
- The service was awful, veryJuliVIPDined on 3/15/2014The service was awful, very slow and non attentive.
- DisappointmentNeekaDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I had reservations on 3/14/14. This was our first time visiting this restaurant and we were very excited. When we arrived the first thing we noticed was how loud it was. Clearly it was coming from the bar. The noise continued after we were seated. Our server was nice, however the kitchen was extremely slow! It took almost 30 minutes for our entree!!! My salmon was cooked to hard and ny husband asked for extra sauce for his meal and that took 15 minutes because the chef was making a fresh batch. Overall, there was nothing special about this place and we won't be back.
- ConsidtentgailVIPDined on 3/7/2014I have been going here rather than other lunch places in the area. Good is better and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.