McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
400 Commons Way, #272
Bridgewater, NJ 08807Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/NewJersey
- Phone: (908) 707-9996
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Pincus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at Bridgewater Commons is located in Bridgewater, New Jersey, in the heart of Somerset County and approximately 45 minutes from Manhattan. The upscale Bridgewater Commons is the home to several prestigious retail establishments such as Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor and Macy's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater - Best Restaurants in Bridgewater ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)great for lunch (43)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (33)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- KateVIPDined on 11/22/2014Our server continually got our order wrong - our three kids waited 40 minutes to get their drinks. Instead of their drinks, he placed an order for popcorn shrimp (we ordered shirley temples) - once the manager came over to correct that, it was still an additional 30 minutes until the first drinks came out. Instead of my entree, I received an appetizer selection of the "crab cake" and I waited approximately 15 minutes for my husband's dinner to arrive after mine came out, so by the time I ate it was cold. The manager then asked us how the evening was, and when I explained, he offered desserts for the kids. When the bill came, all of the desserts were charged, and when we informed the waiter, he corrected the bill twice to only take off one dessert
- Better the first time aroundGoodeaterVIPDined on 11/21/2014We went there twice in a row because my wife was seriously craving the parm crusted chicken, but it just wasn't the same the second time around. I don't know what happened, but it didn't look or taste the same as the night before. The Ribeye was really good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive wild caught optionsGoodeaterVIPDined on 11/20/2014One of the things I appreciate the most in dining out is being able to order free range, organic, or wild caught items. Very rarely do menus have more than one wild caught fish option, but on that particular night M&S had 4. The salmon was a very good item, as well as the mahi. Also ordered and well-liked were: steak&lobster, parm crusted chicken, and bone-in ribeye... We had a very good experience, esp in terms of the food. We actually returned the following night for the parm crusted chickenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 times a charm52pickupDined on 11/17/2014Needless to say this is my 3rd visit here and the food is consistant tasty even at its price.The service is always professional and curious and this time our server even entertained us a little. The great thing of being a member of their frequent diners club is the seat us right away and the manager always stops by and checks in.I haven't tried any desserts yet but that's next on the list. I will be back before the end of the year again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We've dined at many McCormick and Schmick's Restaurants in the past and have always been pleased with our experience. Our reservations were for 7:15 and we were seated on time despite a very busy reception area. We did not have contact with any restaurant server until 15 minutes had elapsed; no water, drink order, bread. We ordered cocktails that came at the half hour point. Our server took our food order, but had to come back to retake the order because he forgot it. His ineptness continued throughout our meal. He brought soup without spoons and had to return to the kitchen for silverware. He was unseen for the rest of the meal except to return with a different wine than ordered. We saw the manager making rounds at tables that were complaining. Our food was below an acceptable temperature. Our assumption was that the server left it sit too long. The shrimp stuffed with crabmeat were the smallest stuffed shrimp I have ever seen. The potatoes cold and the salmon tasted like frozen farm raised that I could get at a diner. I highly discourage all people from choosing this restaurant. We will not return.
- Sat 40 min after reservation time.VikingDined on 11/15/2014We had a reservation for 6:30. (we arrived at 6:15) We were not seated until 7:10 and it was an undesireable table. We had requested a booth. No one was apoligetic, I thought the customer service aspect was horrible as they were at fault and offered no apolgies, just said' hey, it's a busy night'. I didn't make a scene, but I am writing a review. I wonder if management will respond? I eat here often and this time it was very bad
- GreatCynthiaVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great, Fantastic, wonderful, marvelous. Fine, filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I went with 2 colleagues from work, we ordered seafood and food was barely ok.
- Reservations for 6:30 seated at7:15Bev489Dined on 11/9/2014I did not enjoy the food, I felt that the menu lacked variety and was very limited. I ordered the ultimate grill and was disappointed that I couldn't select my one sides. When I asked I was told that all sides were alacarte. The meal came with mashed sweet potatoes and broccoli both of which I do not like. For $33 I should have been able to select my sides.Special Features:
- Great food selectionsPerfectfindDined on 11/9/2014The food was absolutely delicious. I had the Cedar Plank Salmon w/ roasted potatoes & veggies & it was perfectly cooked. The private booths are such an excellent touch for those special moments too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommyRtommyRDined on 11/9/2014The salmon was outstanding, as was the fried shrimp done to perfection. The drinks were great with just the right amount of liquor. the chocolate almond basket was yummy. My compliments to McCormick & Schmick's Restaurant for honoring our service men and giving them the opportunity to enjoy a fabulous free meal. Sincerely, SaraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honoring Veterans51stBirthdayDined on 11/9/2014We are extremely appreciative of the manner adopted by McCormick and Schmick's at Bridgewater to honor I and my wife who between us have a combined 60 years of military service. In particular, the method was well organized (uniquely designed menu) and the service exceptional. I witnessed innumerable Veteran representatives during our meal visiting the restaurant and in every instance, the staff's approach was genuine and respectful. As Laundry's Select Club members we are proud to be affiliated with a group of restaurants who demonstrate their appreciation for/about the service of our nation's military members. Thanks again!Special Features:
- AnthonyDined on 11/9/2014Excellent, as usual! Good food, good service, good menu choices.Special Features:
- Thank youAllanjDined on 11/9/2014Sincere appreciation for the attention and service that you provided to us veterans.Special Features:
- good menu selectionsbikerider3Dined on 11/9/2014We enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. The service was great and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Always a great experience. The food was great.PoppyDined on 11/9/2014What can I say? It is my favorite place for seafood! Sometimes however, I'm disappointed that some of my favorite things have been deleted from the menu! I like the changing menus, but I'd like to see haddock on the menu more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014The menu offered a variity of entrees to accommodate most tastes. The food was top notch and presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Great Placelove2eatDined on 11/9/2014Food was outstanding and service was great. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but overpricedm1chael57Dined on 11/7/2014Nothing wrong with the food - everything was delicious but pricy. Honestly, I think food was on par with Bonefish Grill. Ambiance was wonderful; not too noisy. And they have these semi private booths with a curtain covering the entry very romantic! I had a martini and did NOT get s generous pour. Lastly, service was just okay. Very friendly waitstaff but a bit of a wait and mistakes were made.Special Features:
- Good seafood experienceDrewNJVIPDined on 11/3/2014Customer service was very good. Had terrible service in the past. Much improved as I can tell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so memorableTriciaDined on 11/1/2014Normally the freshness and preparation of fish and seafood is outstanding. This time I received the wrong order and the plate arrived in a greasy and unpleasant state. The other fish dish that was ordered was bland and pasty. Sorry this time around it did not live up to my expectations.
- wchrisemerDined on 10/29/2014Oysters on the half-shell were good, even though they had only 1/2 the variety listed on the menu. Fried oysters were quite good, although the fries served with them were WAY too salty. The small lobster tail was poor.
- Diamond in the rough!!52pickupDined on 10/24/2014Wow this place is really tops. A colleague of mine always talks about this place and I promised him I'd check it out one day. I'll try and keep it short.I had my doubts being that it's connected to a mall.Boy was I wrong as soon as I walked in I was surprised ,very classy and modern.The friendly hostess sat us in a preferred booth with curtains in the back.I asked for something private and romantic for my lady friends birthday.The server was friendly and professional and made a good recommendation for a Mahi dish over a potatoe hash.They knew it was my girlfriends birthday and even bought her a nice chocalate cake with a candle. The managers were awesome they shook our hands and made some small talk.i even signed up for their dining card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Business LunchVacationerDined on 10/20/2014This is always a great place to go for excellent seafood and attentive service. So, it makes total sense as a good setting for a business lunch where people expect both and you don't want to be surprised in a bad way. I'm never disappointed with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst McCormick and Schmicks everOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/19/2014Poor menu choices and even worse food- go somewhere else for dinner
- Dining Excellence at the MallThinman2001Dined on 10/19/2014This is one of a chain of excellent steak and seafood restaurants that always please. Somewhat pricey, but well worth it. The ambience, service and menu are top drawer. For a special dinner or just to reward yourself for a tough week, this is a guaranteed palate pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a personal favoriteLiamNJDined on 10/19/2014Excellent food, outstanding service. Attentive service, but you never feel rushed. Have already made our reservation for Thanksgiving dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch, not dinner/Special occasionDJsDiningPOVDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is literally within Bridgewater Mall so one side is glass views to people walking around and kills any ambience or feeling of something special. It's a classy enough looking place but neither the steaks, nor the seafood we had are on par with a good seafood or steakhouse you would seek for a special occasion or when you're Jonesing for a great steak or piece of fish. This is what it is...a decent place for lunch when you're out at the mall but not much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was wonderful and that was the only good experience we had at that restaurant. I made a reservation a week prior to the day that my family and I had gone and when we arrived, the table was JUST getting set up for us while we stood around waiting for everything to be set. When my food arrived my potatoes had a frostbite taste, my husband was very unsatisfied with the steak he was served (not moist; burnt around the edges and also tasted like it was JUST defrosted from a LONG sit in the freezer)and my mothers lobster was overcooked. For a seafood and steakhouse restaurant, this place is just too overrated. I've gotten better food at Applebees.
- Good food!Cher7Dined on 10/17/2014We really enjoyed our visit. The service was great. Our steaks were delicious. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Caesar SaladDonna1026Dined on 10/11/2014Love their Caesar Salad + delicious menu selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Either they didn't have enough staff or they were simply incompetent. Didn't bring what we repeatedly asked for and once the check was returned they added the tip without asking (we had a party of 3). Lousy service and dishonest.
- HsFlavortesterDined on 10/11/2014Food was good, but overpriced. Service was not good. Got one little piece of bread for five, restuarant ran out, didn't account for enough bread for sat. Business. Food took to long,close to an hour to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where do they get these people?PatrickVIPDined on 10/11/2014Average, but pretty bland food. But the screamingly loud server was quite a trip. Asked for water when she was standing there and could see my empty glass. She got the pitcher and poured my glass, dumping a lot on the table, but ignoring that. When she started to walk away my husband asked for some too, he still had about a fifth of a glass. She said (as a joke?) "no, you can't have any HA HA") then poured his and walked away leaving us at a wet table. While waiting for our check the manager asked if we wanted bread. We said we wished we had some for our salads or dinner, but not now. No apology or excuse. As a couple in our 60's don't appreciate a server calling us "you guys". Nice place or a fast food joint? No training at all?
- Nice break at mallTomMartyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Nice choices on menu in this fairly quiet low-key family restaurant. Nice break from the noise of the mall.Special Features:
- FrankDined on 10/10/2014Ate at the bar. Chris was attentive and helpful. Food great and good valueSpecial Features:
- Nice if you're at the mallSuebeeDined on 10/4/2014Nice alternative to eating upstairs in the food court. Food was good and service was excellent. Friendly staff and manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceCarsnfoodformeDined on 10/3/2014We enjoy McCormick's whether for lunch with the kids or a special night out for mom and dad. If you can get a private booth it makes the experience that much better. Have not had a bad meal - favorites include crab and corn chowder, crab tower appetizer and shrimp kisses to get you started. Fresh fish selections are sure bets and you can add on favorites like "Oscar style" or other tp reparations. The specialities list has some great choices Palm Beach Mahi is my favorite. With great sides and salads we are always stuffed when we leave. Can get pricey with drinks but overall a very good spot that offers flexible menu, quality seafood and steaks and a great loyalty club (Landry's Select Club).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2014The food was good but it was noisy and the waiter was aggressive on up selling everything. I didn't want pelligrino like others at my table and I had to ask numerous times to get a refill for tap water each time. My wine was refilled easily and quickly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MealNinaluv808Dined on 9/28/2014While attending this restaurant, my guest and myself enjoyed an amazing dinner outside. The manager came over to introduce himself, and the dessert was the best I've had in awhile!Special Features: