McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
400 Commons Way, #272
Bridgewater, NJ 08807Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/NewJersey
- Phone: 9087079996x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Pincus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at Bridgewater Commons is located in Bridgewater, New Jersey, in the heart of Somerset County and approximately 45 minutes from Manhattan. The upscale Bridgewater Commons is the home to several prestigious retail establishments such as Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor and Macy's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (28)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (24)romantic (21)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Well executed seafoodRun2eatVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were seated in a "snug" a semi-private booth with high backed seating and curtains over the entryway, providing some privacy and noise reduction. The food was copious, the main course servings were large enough that my wife brought her cashew encrusted tiplapia home for lunch the next day. I had the swordfish casino special -nicely done, firm and not dried out. Service was attentive but not bothersome, just the right touch of never having the water or wine glasses empty. At the end of the meal the manager came over to check to see how our meal went, after 10 minutes of conversation he porvided us with coupons for free appetizers for a future meal. We enjoyed our experience at M&S and will definitely consider returning.Special Features:
- Food DisappointsLeguerreDined on 9/13/2014The service, server and privacy booth were all very good. The shame was the food itself. We both ordered the Chefs Specials, a Chilean Sea Bass with pasta, and a Swordfish with a Casino topping, and Mussels for an appetizer. The Mussels came out only tepid, and two of the 10 large mussels were unopened, and those that we're had a metallic taste. Telling the server when he came to clear, especially the issue with it not being hot. The entrees arrived, with the server saying that my plate was very hot. Placing them he left, and as we began, it was apparent that again the food was tepid. My wife's pasta was actually cool. The plate that I was supposed to watch was only warm at best. What a shame - I would not return.
- Nice mall-breakTomMartyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great way to escape the Mall for a while for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Poor serviceAreYouExperiencedVIPDined on 9/10/2014Waited 10 minutes to be seated when restaurant was half empty. Food took way too long and when it came it was wrong. Manager was polite and apologized made up for wrong order. Overall did not meet expectation for this chain.
- DisappointedJanek13VIPDined on 9/5/2014Was really looking forward to this. Food was good but not great. Service so so. Far better choices for the price level. May try a different location but probably won't be back to this location
- Excellent choiceOuttoEaterDined on 9/1/2014Had a family dining experience at McCormicks and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the meal, the timing of the meal was perfect, the portions generous and the food, delectable.Special Features:
- theCrewDined on 9/1/2014the food was fine but the service was a bit non existent. We waited for each dish to be served as well as the bill to be brought.
- ClassyVeekayDined on 8/30/2014Great food, attentive staff and ambiance that makes you want to come back. Highly recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014was actually a little disappointed with the portions vs. price. The food was alright. I have had better food cheaper.Special Features:
- Slow, scripted, predictable serviceVitamanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Met my parents here. Very much a chain restaurant but they try to make you believe it's a high end restaurant. Don't be fooled. We were seated right next to the kitchen door and a huge bachelor party group. We had to ask to be moved - we were told "I have to ask the manager". Restaurant was mostly empty, but service was still very slow. Waitress was nice, but it was clear was reciting a cheesy script. Whenever we had a question she had to go ask someone. We also had to ask several times for silverware and water refills. Food was basic chain food. Overall very mediocre. Doubt we will ever return. Go someplace else.
- Bad service and expensive foodTGNJ55Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived at the outside podium and asked if this was where we got a table. The girl directed us to a side door to enter. When we got in, it was a small corridor where waiters were working. We had to search for the front entrance where the young hostess was chewing gum. Very unprofessional. She lead us to a booth, which was fine. Julio was our server. When he brought our drinks, we asked for water also. Took about 10 minutes to get it. When we saw the menu, we realized that no salad or sides came with the entrees. Julio suggested the $9 gruyere mashed potatoes. My steak was $29, so I thought that was ridiculous. I ordered them and they were very dry. Not worth $9. Steak was very good, but meal was too expensive. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Good food in quiet settingNJDaveDined on 8/15/2014We were seated in one of those booths with curtains - romantic! The appetizers of lobster bisque and the crab tower were flavorful and the entrees of almond crusted rainbow trout and parmesan crusted flounder melted in our mouths. Wonderful food.Special Features:
- Anniversary SurpriseZeeJones54Dined on 8/12/2014It was our 36th anniversary, not a biggie like the 35th or a 40th and we had just gotten back from vacation and wanted to have a quiet dinner at a nice restaurant.When Ie called to make a reservation, I joked about it being our 36th wedding anniversary and we were celebrating it quietly. We appreciated the fact that we were provided with a nice secluded table away from the larger parties and then were surprised with personalized menus to keep. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. After we ate, we were given our own personal dessert with 2 spoons to share. It was just enough for us. We love this place!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor diningCJDinersDined on 8/9/2014Met a friend there for an early dinner. Outdoor dining was comfortable, service was respectful. We did not want to be rushed, and server did a great jobSpecial Features:
- Good food...RJG1999Dined on 8/9/2014Decent food but high prices. The portions are kind of small for the money.Special Features:
- Good food and service.JoyeDined on 8/8/2014McCormick and Schmick's seafood is consistently good. Food is always well prepared. Service was prompt and the waiter friendly and knowledgeable. He described various items and offered suggestions. Atmosphere is quiet and somewhat upscale without being stuffy.Special Features:
- McCormick & SchmicknancycohenDined on 8/3/2014Located in a mall with outside entrance and very large patio. Attentive staff. Fabulous fresh seafood prepared from scratch. Ample portions, great drinks and a relaxing decor. Would definitely return.....oh and they also have some steak and chicken on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting better and betterTomMartyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Service has greatly improved over the past couple of months - a good thing, because they have a very diverse, great tasting menu! A good break from the Mall - things looking up here - worth the visit!Special Features:
- GeorgeKDined on 7/28/2014Nice place. Meeting place for small gathering. Consistent quality.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Took 30 mins to bring out ordered wine. Steak was cold. Soup came after main course. Side-orders came when dinner was almost over. Lost track of our birthday cake handed to them. Manager offered two glasses house pour red wine and refused to come to us anymore. Nothing went right, no one was pleased. The birthday mood and the evening were ruined. Will never return to this restaurant again.
- Not worth the $$$specialDined on 7/19/2014Appetizer and Lobster bisque were excellent, however not impressed w the filet Mignon entrée . not worth the thirty five $ price..
- Quiet spot in Mall-too quietTomMartyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Okay food with slow service and a weird feeling that people are not coming. At least during the weekend lunch periods. Perhaps it is the time of year. But service needs to at least seem more friendly-make the effort. It was a very good place for a long time.Special Features:
- neverhomeVIPDined on 7/10/2014Had the special $14.99 lunch. Great deal! Portions were very large. A oerfect afternoon to eat outsideSpecial Features:
- Date nightTwagsDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful ambience in a very romantic setting of a private booth. Enhanced by a lovely meal, although many of the things I attempted to order where not available, we were some of the last patrons in the restaurant so it was somewhat understandable. Service was great when there, but once again due to it being so late - the wait staff was obviously busy running around tasking and therefore doing double duty.Special Features:
- Haven't Been Disappointed YetLilyDined on 7/5/2014Great trip for the fiancé's birthday. We had reservations and were seated right away. The server was polite and knowledgeable. We ordered the mussels for an appetizer and they were delicious. They had a bit of a kick to them, which we like in our food. I ordered the almond crusted salmon and it was perfection. My fiancé ordered the chicken pasta and he ate it all. Great meal. Always a pleasure to dine at this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty glassesJRHHVIPDined on 7/3/2014Especially when the restaurant isn't very busy, it makes little sense to leave customers with empty glasses on the table --- and even worse when the waiter stops by to check on things and fails to notice. Good food, nice space, but service could use a bit more maturity and genuine attentiveness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the secluded boothOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014I requested a quiet,secluded table and the curtained booths were available. Perfect for an extended conversation with a new friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverwhelmedrocpeVIPDined on 6/15/2014Father's Day proved to be too much for this location. Our waiter was not familiar with Open Table specials advertised and placed our orders incorrectly, Even after we showed him the email detailing the special. He brought us the wrong steaks with the wrong vegetable and no mashed potatoes. The Manager eventually apologized had our sides and toppings brought out. The asparagus was undercooked and the potatoes cold. Dessert was even an adventure. The Manager adjusted our check, but we were denied the exceptional experience we've come to expect, and, we were not alone. Several tables around us had various difficulties that ultimately required escalation to the Manager. This is a great restaurant, but staff missed the mark this time.
- Average food and terrible serviceVinuVIPDined on 6/15/2014I went there for father's day and they were overwhelmed - had to look for our waitress several times during the meal. The manger apologized profusely about glitch in the booking system but NEVER offered any discount, free dessert, or any other form of compensation. The steaks were average at best though the scallop dish was excellent.Special Features:
- Always a good choicetango2Dined on 6/15/2014We ate here on Father's Day. We chose to eat outdoors and it was very nice. We were all happy with our selections of food, as well as the cocktails. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- ConsistentBubblesDined on 6/11/2014I have dined here a number of times. It is average, we come back because it is a convenient location. Somehow I am always surprised when the bill comes. It is always much higher than i think it will be. I ordered coffee at the end of my meal and sat with it with no spoon or cream for ten minutes. I would have taken it off the bill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well....BodybuilderDined on 6/8/2014"I loved the outside dining of this place – very comfortable seating. They immediately sat up down with our choice. As we began to order food the waiter told us that they didn't have the item after he tried putting it in the system. Im surprised he didn't know what wasn't available. The service was delayed to a point. The appetizer came out after the main course was ordered. Be careful with there specials. Make sure you pay attention to the Check because they tried to charge for the full price of each item when it was suppose to be cheaper. Food was great but service needed some improvement."Special Features:
- Troubled serviceTomMartyVIPDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant offers good food at good prices but it has the worst service. The place during the day, even on weekends is empty with the staff outnumbering the patrons. There seems to be an overall bad attitude that has kept people away. Always slow service. Place needs help.Special Features:
- 06 JuneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014Ambiance is good. Dinner started on a very good note. Appetizer and entre were very good and service was good to that point. Service declined toward the end of the meal. Cappuccino and coffee were cold upon arrival, [decaf] coffee had grinds in the cup, forgot one cup of coffee, forgot to refill [requested] water; service became slow after the main course was served. Overall good but not quite up to expectations and prior experiences at the same facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 5/30/2014Enjoyed our meals.started with a mixed salad with walnuts both dinners were specials.. Halibut and mis glazed scallops. Excellent. Only disappointment was no outside table available.Special Features:
- Quiet TuesdayRuthDined on 5/27/2014Went right after Memorial Day, so it was VERY quiet. Service of course was outstanding and so was the food. My friend had Trout and it was a big portion. I had Cobia and although it was a small portion, it was delicious. For dessert we had the berry cobbler. We liked the berry part but did not like the thick dough crust on top. It could have been thinner and flakier. It was too doughy. The menu food selection was generous without being overwhelming. At the recommendation of our waiter, I got the Landry's Select card and it was definitely a wise investment. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Extremely poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Starting with not enough appetizer plates and silverware, no asking for repeat serving of drinks, partial order, steak served well done when asked for medium rare - not the kind of service you expect from restaurant like M&S. Other locations like Boston or Manhattan are far more professional - maybe it's just the Bridgewater location. Not planning on re-visiting any time soon.
- Poor ServiceRestaurantgoerDined on 5/25/2014After we all settled at our table the wait staff did not complete setting the table....we had to ask later when food arrived. We were asked if we wanted bread and said yes. It never came until they asked if we wanted bread again at a later time. When appetizers didn't arrive after waiting 20 minutes we had to ask and track them down. When entrees arrived one piece was missing. Had to find wait staff to let them know then waited 10 minutes for its arrival. Food was good but we will never go there again.
- Poor service, poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Food prices vs quality is way out of whack. Two servers for party of 12 and service was still not good. Wait staff does not know menu. More interested in peddling Landry's Dining Card program
- The following 1166 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater reviews archive.
- Not up to M&S standardsHazochDined on 5/17/2014Went to McCormiack & Schmick's in Bridgewater, NJ. Usually go to M&S in DC area, which we love. Fish had too much breading and tasted dried out. Disappointing experience.