McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
400 Commons Way, #272
Bridgewater, NJ 08807Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/NewJersey
- Phone: 9087079996x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Josh Pincus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at Bridgewater Commons is located in Bridgewater, New Jersey, in the heart of Somerset County and approximately 45 minutes from Manhattan. The upscale Bridgewater Commons is the home to several prestigious retail establishments such as Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor and Macy's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Bridgewater reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)great for lunch (35)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (23)romantic (20)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Worst McCormick and Schmicks everOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/19/2014Poor menu choices and even worse food- go somewhere else for dinner
- Dining Excellence at the MallThinman2001Dined on 10/19/2014This is one of a chain of excellent steak and seafood restaurants that always please. Somewhat pricey, but well worth it. The ambience, service and menu are top drawer. For a special dinner or just to reward yourself for a tough week, this is a guaranteed palate pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch, not dinner/Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is literally within Bridgewater Mall so one side is glass views to people walking around and kills any ambience or feeling of something special. It's a classy enough looking place but neither the steaks, nor the seafood we had are on par with a good seafood or steakhouse you would seek for a special occasion or when you're Jonesing for a great steak or piece of fish. This is what it is...a decent place for lunch when you're out at the mall but not much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter was wonderful and that was the only good experience we had at that restaurant. I made a reservation a week prior to the day that my family and I had gone and when we arrived, the table was JUST getting set up for us while we stood around waiting for everything to be set. When my food arrived my potatoes had a frostbite taste, my husband was very unsatisfied with the steak he was served (not moist; burnt around the edges and also tasted like it was JUST defrosted from a LONG sit in the freezer)and my mothers lobster was overcooked. For a seafood and steakhouse restaurant, this place is just too overrated. I've gotten better food at Applebees.
- Caesar SaladDonna1026Dined on 10/11/2014Love their Caesar Salad + delicious menu selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Either they didn't have enough staff or they were simply incompetent. Didn't bring what we repeatedly asked for and once the check was returned they added the tip without asking (we had a party of 3). Lousy service and dishonest.
- HsFlavortesterDined on 10/11/2014Food was good, but overpriced. Service was not good. Got one little piece of bread for five, restuarant ran out, didn't account for enough bread for sat. Business. Food took to long,close to an hour to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where do they get these people?PatrickVIPDined on 10/11/2014Average, but pretty bland food. But the screamingly loud server was quite a trip. Asked for water when she was standing there and could see my empty glass. She got the pitcher and poured my glass, dumping a lot on the table, but ignoring that. When she started to walk away my husband asked for some too, he still had about a fifth of a glass. She said (as a joke?) "no, you can't have any HA HA") then poured his and walked away leaving us at a wet table. While waiting for our check the manager asked if we wanted bread. We said we wished we had some for our salads or dinner, but not now. No apology or excuse. As a couple in our 60's don't appreciate a server calling us "you guys". Nice place or a fast food joint? No training at all?
- FrankDined on 10/10/2014Ate at the bar. Chris was attentive and helpful. Food great and good valueSpecial Features:
- Nice if you're at the mallSuebeeDined on 10/4/2014Nice alternative to eating upstairs in the food court. Food was good and service was excellent. Friendly staff and manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceCarsnfoodformeDined on 10/3/2014We enjoy McCormick's whether for lunch with the kids or a special night out for mom and dad. If you can get a private booth it makes the experience that much better. Have not had a bad meal - favorites include crab and corn chowder, crab tower appetizer and shrimp kisses to get you started. Fresh fish selections are sure bets and you can add on favorites like "Oscar style" or other tp reparations. The specialities list has some great choices Palm Beach Mahi is my favorite. With great sides and salads we are always stuffed when we leave. Can get pricey with drinks but overall a very good spot that offers flexible menu, quality seafood and steaks and a great loyalty club (Landry's Select Club).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2014The food was good but it was noisy and the waiter was aggressive on up selling everything. I didn't want pelligrino like others at my table and I had to ask numerous times to get a refill for tap water each time. My wine was refilled easily and quickly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MealNinaluv808Dined on 9/28/2014While attending this restaurant, my guest and myself enjoyed an amazing dinner outside. The manager came over to introduce himself, and the dessert was the best I've had in awhile!Special Features:
- TerribleAngelusDined on 9/28/2014It was a terrible dining experience. Place was empty at 6pm on a Sunday. Waited 20 minutes for our waiter. Another 15 for water and a drink. The waiter was completely clueless. Had to ask for a napkin 3 times. Finally another waiter brought it. The mussels appetizer was a bowl of hot red pepper that was not mentioned on the menu. The corn and crab chowder was good. The grilled bronzini was chard and dry. Had to ask for some sauce. The macadamia monchong was tasteless, especially since it was missing fruit salsa that they forgot to give me. Thankfully the manager on duty noticed when he came to the table. The stir fry vegetables we're like the came right out of a frozen bag. A complete fail.
- Great Food!CynthiaVIPDined on 9/28/2014I so much enjoyed my experience today. One of the twin served me today. Efficient and effective, professional, and at tentative and for that I say, thank you. Mr. Martin, Mgt. visited me at the start and at the end of my lunch. Nice touch! This is one of my favorite restaurants. I've been eating at this particular location for years. Thanks McCormick - Bridgewater!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014I thought we were seated in a high traffic area which was annoying. It was our 1st time there and we had no idea that there was outside seating. We were not asked when we arrived if we preferred inside or outside. Would have like to have eating outside that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs a lot of workOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014We were seated and did not see our waiter for 15 minutes. Another 8 minutes or so before we got our wine. Still another 10 minutes for water which we asked for when we sat down. My salad came without dressing. Had to ask for some. My fish was ok, but dry and no sauce. Manager came over to ask us how the meal was and he got me some sauce. The person I was with ordered mussels but 5 shells had nothing in it and the mussels were not in the bottom of the bowl. The manager did give us another 1/2 order, but way too many problems and the meal was expensive. I will not go back.
- Awful ExperienceRobinDined on 9/15/2014Quality of food was terrible... pre-cooked and reheated and this was a 5:45PM reservation. The service was less than average and there were only 8-10 other people in the restaurant. I will NOT be visiting this restuarant - at least not this particular location ever again. Very disappointing.
- Well executed seafoodRun2eatVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were seated in a "snug" a semi-private booth with high backed seating and curtains over the entryway, providing some privacy and noise reduction. The food was copious, the main course servings were large enough that my wife brought her cashew encrusted tiplapia home for lunch the next day. I had the swordfish casino special -nicely done, firm and not dried out. Service was attentive but not bothersome, just the right touch of never having the water or wine glasses empty. At the end of the meal the manager came over to check to see how our meal went, after 10 minutes of conversation he porvided us with coupons for free appetizers for a future meal. We enjoyed our experience at M&S and will definitely consider returning.Special Features:
- Food DisappointsLeguerreDined on 9/13/2014The service, server and privacy booth were all very good. The shame was the food itself. We both ordered the Chefs Specials, a Chilean Sea Bass with pasta, and a Swordfish with a Casino topping, and Mussels for an appetizer. The Mussels came out only tepid, and two of the 10 large mussels were unopened, and those that we're had a metallic taste. Telling the server when he came to clear, especially the issue with it not being hot. The entrees arrived, with the server saying that my plate was very hot. Placing them he left, and as we began, it was apparent that again the food was tepid. My wife's pasta was actually cool. The plate that I was supposed to watch was only warm at best. What a shame - I would not return.
- Nice mall-breakTomMartyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great way to escape the Mall for a while for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Poor serviceAreYouExperiencedVIPDined on 9/10/2014Waited 10 minutes to be seated when restaurant was half empty. Food took way too long and when it came it was wrong. Manager was polite and apologized made up for wrong order. Overall did not meet expectation for this chain.
- DisappointedJanek13VIPDined on 9/5/2014Was really looking forward to this. Food was good but not great. Service so so. Far better choices for the price level. May try a different location but probably won't be back to this location
- Excellent choiceOuttoEaterDined on 9/1/2014Had a family dining experience at McCormicks and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed the meal, the timing of the meal was perfect, the portions generous and the food, delectable.Special Features:
- theCrewDined on 9/1/2014the food was fine but the service was a bit non existent. We waited for each dish to be served as well as the bill to be brought.
- ClassyVeekayDined on 8/30/2014Great food, attentive staff and ambiance that makes you want to come back. Highly recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014was actually a little disappointed with the portions vs. price. The food was alright. I have had better food cheaper.Special Features:
- Slow, scripted, predictable serviceVitamanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Met my parents here. Very much a chain restaurant but they try to make you believe it's a high end restaurant. Don't be fooled. We were seated right next to the kitchen door and a huge bachelor party group. We had to ask to be moved - we were told "I have to ask the manager". Restaurant was mostly empty, but service was still very slow. Waitress was nice, but it was clear was reciting a cheesy script. Whenever we had a question she had to go ask someone. We also had to ask several times for silverware and water refills. Food was basic chain food. Overall very mediocre. Doubt we will ever return. Go someplace else.
- Bad service and expensive foodTGNJ55Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived at the outside podium and asked if this was where we got a table. The girl directed us to a side door to enter. When we got in, it was a small corridor where waiters were working. We had to search for the front entrance where the young hostess was chewing gum. Very unprofessional. She lead us to a booth, which was fine. Julio was our server. When he brought our drinks, we asked for water also. Took about 10 minutes to get it. When we saw the menu, we realized that no salad or sides came with the entrees. Julio suggested the $9 gruyere mashed potatoes. My steak was $29, so I thought that was ridiculous. I ordered them and they were very dry. Not worth $9. Steak was very good, but meal was too expensive. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Good food in quiet settingNJDaveDined on 8/15/2014We were seated in one of those booths with curtains - romantic! The appetizers of lobster bisque and the crab tower were flavorful and the entrees of almond crusted rainbow trout and parmesan crusted flounder melted in our mouths. Wonderful food.Special Features:
- Anniversary SurpriseZeeJones54Dined on 8/12/2014It was our 36th anniversary, not a biggie like the 35th or a 40th and we had just gotten back from vacation and wanted to have a quiet dinner at a nice restaurant.When Ie called to make a reservation, I joked about it being our 36th wedding anniversary and we were celebrating it quietly. We appreciated the fact that we were provided with a nice secluded table away from the larger parties and then were surprised with personalized menus to keep. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. After we ate, we were given our own personal dessert with 2 spoons to share. It was just enough for us. We love this place!Special Features:
- Nice outdoor diningCJDinersDined on 8/9/2014Met a friend there for an early dinner. Outdoor dining was comfortable, service was respectful. We did not want to be rushed, and server did a great jobSpecial Features:
- Good food...RJG1999Dined on 8/9/2014Decent food but high prices. The portions are kind of small for the money.Special Features:
- Good food and service.JoyeDined on 8/8/2014McCormick and Schmick's seafood is consistently good. Food is always well prepared. Service was prompt and the waiter friendly and knowledgeable. He described various items and offered suggestions. Atmosphere is quiet and somewhat upscale without being stuffy.Special Features:
- McCormick & SchmicknancycohenDined on 8/3/2014Located in a mall with outside entrance and very large patio. Attentive staff. Fabulous fresh seafood prepared from scratch. Ample portions, great drinks and a relaxing decor. Would definitely return.....oh and they also have some steak and chicken on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting better and betterTomMartyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Service has greatly improved over the past couple of months - a good thing, because they have a very diverse, great tasting menu! A good break from the Mall - things looking up here - worth the visit!Special Features:
- GeorgeKDined on 7/28/2014Nice place. Meeting place for small gathering. Consistent quality.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Took 30 mins to bring out ordered wine. Steak was cold. Soup came after main course. Side-orders came when dinner was almost over. Lost track of our birthday cake handed to them. Manager offered two glasses house pour red wine and refused to come to us anymore. Nothing went right, no one was pleased. The birthday mood and the evening were ruined. Will never return to this restaurant again.
- Not worth the $$$specialDined on 7/19/2014Appetizer and Lobster bisque were excellent, however not impressed w the filet Mignon entrée . not worth the thirty five $ price..
- Quiet spot in Mall-too quietTomMartyVIPDined on 7/13/2014Okay food with slow service and a weird feeling that people are not coming. At least during the weekend lunch periods. Perhaps it is the time of year. But service needs to at least seem more friendly-make the effort. It was a very good place for a long time.Special Features: