McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Beverly Hills
206 North Rodeo Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 3108590434
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 11:00am - 9:00pm; Monday - Thursday, 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday, 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Masa Ose
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menu & full catering menu packages available.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether planning a business meeting, rehearsal dinner or holiday party, you can count on McCormick & Schmick’s to create an event sure to be memorable with our excellent service, delicious food & unparalleled hospitality. Our flexible dining spaces & customized menus can accommodate any event need.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8888052810
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Beverly Hills
Fresh. Clean. Simple. Organic. Located in Beverly Hills' famous retail shopping district at Dayton and Rodeo Drive, McCormick & Schmick's Pacific Seafood Grill features the freshest and finest seafood in Beverly Hills. The menu is printed daily and showcases an extensive selection of fish flown in daily from around the world, simply prepared with the freshest ingredients from local, sustainable farms. Guests at McCormick & Schmick's' Pacific Seafood Grill can enjoy their meal in the elegant and timeless dining room, in the sunshine on our patio, or in the bar where skilled "mixologists" prepare fresh squeezed cocktails in a timeless and traditional manner. Reservations are recommended and valet parking is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
- McCormick & Schmick's SeafoodDillyDined on 2/22/2014Live in Beverly Hills and have not been to this restaurant in probably 30 years. . It was a Saturday night in February. Not busy. Seated in a wooden booth for four. Can hear your friends and have a conversation. Very good servers. Had a very cold beer on tap. Excellent swordfish (Broiled) perfectly and very tender. (Better than the last SF I had at The Grille recently. Other option was to have it grilled. Served with good sauteed spinach and potatoes. Friend ordered Sweet potato fries which were Fabulous!! I almost ordered another; just for myself! Others has scallops which were excellent. Clam Chowder and Shrimp cocktail. Reasonable to a little pricey. Worth it. Would recommend and will go back again.Special Features:
- Chic Chic ChicJoGSpot4FoodVIPDined on 2/16/2014Please note that the iced tea does not come with free refills. Given that and the slow service, this place was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Always goodBheaterVIPDined on 2/15/2014This is one of those places that is always ready and able to serve with great service and WOW the food is amazing. the "chain" is so different at this Beverly Hills restaurant... the menu is new and oh so yummy.. The crabmeat tower for starters is delicious...enough for sharing or this and a small salad or bowl of soup,for the entire meal.. The salmon was one of the best. My husband has had in awhile. Our friend had the special trout and he said it was just amazing....like I said one of those places that you forget about when wow we must try to remember ths and just use it as our go to,...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodHomecook100VIPDined on 2/10/2014Classic dinning with nice but limited menu. Very nice location in the middle of Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brussel SproutsElyseDDined on 2/1/2014This is truly a lovely restaurant. The food was spectacular and our waiter was very attentive. My only complaint was that we had to ask 2 different people for water, and still it took a while to get it. Overall, I would definitely go back, and I look forward to the flatbread and the brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Amazing - Service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014The food never disappoints, intact it was superb. The service on the other hand... not one constant waiter to check on us, had to ask more than once for a clean plate after ordering different appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corporate Ownership Strikes AgainShermanOaksFoodReviewerDined on 1/17/2014The "lump crab cake" had the consistency of tuna salad. Seared ahi mediocre at best. The lobster risotto tasted like it was a day old. The chocolate bread pudding was actually quite good, but the lukewarm espresso spoiled the dessert. Service was earnest but not good enough to make up for over-priced, poor quality food and a very dated decor in the dining room.
- missed the mark mondaydrderekDined on 12/30/2013Was expecting more. Service was slow. Drinks came very late. Never refilled water had to ask. Food. Steak was tough, maybe had to be reheated? Not very many people due to it being a Monday. Maybe 20 people in a restaurant that holds at least 8 times that. Perhaps an off night?Special Features:
- Rude waiterrussoDined on 12/27/2013The food was correct, the service was poor. had to ask for water. had to ask for desert menu. the waiter added 20% tip. Asked to take it out. it was complicated and it has been necessary to refer to the manager. The steak was overdone. poor service and expensive.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Ambiance!HomeMadeCajunDined on 12/27/2013The food here is delicious. It's the best branzino I've ever had! We went for lunch on the Fri after Christmas. They were completely slammed busy, & definitely did not have enough servers/bartenders working. So, the service was quite slow. However, our server was very friendly & apologized profusely--obviously it's not her fault, but mgt needed to do a better job scheduling on a day they knew would be busy. That said, we will definitely go back to this restaurant when we are in the area! The food was great, & being able to sit outside & people watch on Rodeo Dr was really nice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally DisappointingteriDined on 12/25/2013Had to wait in line to be told the ovens weren't working.Saw hot bread coming from the ovens.Went and asked why.We were sat in 5 minutes. After we sat down, they told us only 2 items available. None of which were seafood, at a seafood restaurant. They were 1/2 chicken and rack of lamb. When the food came, chicken was a chicken breast, tasteless and the rack of lamb inedible. Then we were told that they had run out of food. Can you imagine. this was Christmas Day.They didn't even offer t pick up our check or give us a gift certificate for a return to the restaurant. Thought this was handled quite unprofessionally. I felt very sorry for our server since she had only worked there for 2 weeks. That's my review which I have never given.
- Turned away - "ran out of food"RichLADined on 12/25/2013My husband and I made a reservation for Christmas Day at this restaurant - I have eaten at the downtown LA location many times for lunch - but when we got to the restaurant (it was pretty early, only 6:45 pm) I was told that the restaurant was almost out of food and was no longer seating customers. Are you kidding me?!?!?! Luckily there was a restaurant across the way that we were able to get a table at without a reservation. So not too pleased with this McCormick's location on this particular night, although I know the chain has had some of the best seafood I've had in the past.
- Ran out of foodBJMaDined on 12/25/2013My wife and I went Christmas Day and they ran out of food. 30 minutes after we ordered they brought a menu with items crossed out that they ran out of - more than half the menu!
- It was ok...HungryAllTheTimeDined on 12/25/2013Went on Christmas. Ordered the Hawaiian Mahi Mahi over grilled zucchini and a red bell pepper in a Yuzo Aioli sauce, fish had the grilled taste, but that's about it. Not too much flavor; bland. Calamari could have been fried crisper, it was chewy, sent it back. It happens. Shrimp Mac 'N cheese was the best, stayed hot the entire time while eating. Raspberry mule was an excellent drink. Waiter was ok; she did not tell describe the holiday menu before she asked if we wanted any drinks. My friend and I were in a delightful mood, so not much could bother us, but again, could've been better. Nothing to write home about, but it wasn't too bad.
- Ruined Christmas DayjminellaDined on 12/25/2013My wife and I took my mom to dinner here on Christmas Day prior to trying to see a movie at Century City 15. It took over an hour to get our food, we got the wrong food, the waiter kept bringing the wrong food to our table, the appetizer and main meal took so long to get we were not able to get dessert AND we ended up missing the movie. Literally one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever encountered. I will never, ever go to this restaurant again.
- Never againskoreDined on 12/25/2013i do not reccomend this location. Food is bland and lack customeer service.
- The Perfect Christmas!Born2BDinedDined on 12/25/2013For the very first time in 38 years, my husband and I had an intimate quiet Christmas dinner at McCormick & Schmick's. Our view was the beautiful Beverly Wilshire. We enjoyed great food and each other so much. We're going back for Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICED. The food is goodAnonVIPDined on 12/23/2013OVERPRICED. The food is good but the total package (ambience, presentation, service, convenience) does not justify the cost. The location at the head of Rodeo Way makes it suitable only for looky-loo tourists
- Not as good as the othersFoodFanVIPDined on 12/22/2013I've been to multiple McCormicks locations and this one was just a little shy of them on everything. One of our party members said she was allergic to garlic but unless she asked about a specific dish after, that connection wasn't made... So ... The entree didn't have garlic but the appetizer did. One of the other members ordered soup that had bacon in it - the bacon wasn't mentioned on the menu (happens) but since it's not a meat dish - mention it. The other places do. The sides were awesome but the fish was just shy of perfection. I won't be returning to this location for personal or business meetingsSpecial Features:
- Disappointing FoodZii9Dined on 12/21/2013Summary: Unless something convinces me that the seafood is exceptional, I'm not going back nor would recommend anyone go here. Food: - New Zealand rack of lamb: Overcooked, and really really bland. - Wagyu Ribeye Cap: Overcooked.That's a crime against steak. Not Wagyu soft, and very bland meat. They drizzle in a lot of sauce to try to cover that up. Ambience: The lights were way too bright.
- Disappointing All AroundNoPretentiousFoodieDined on 12/14/2013Friday night, and the place was <20% capacity. That pretty much is all you need to know. The waiter was nice, but not very attentive--our plates we not cleared when empty (my wife's salad plate was still there for 15 minutes until the entree arrived). If you ask for water, sip it sparingly, as they never refilled it. We had New York Strip medallions and the lobster risotto with squid ink. Don't order the squid ink on a date. Granted, I'm no foodie, but the risotto was very tasty, but did not need to be black all over you lips and tongue. My wife couldn't chew the steaks. In know NY strips are tougher than filet, but these were extra tough. I did like the seasoning on the steak (we switched). My Caesar salad was below average.
- food good, service not so goodfish4funDined on 12/13/2013We chose to eat at 2 N Rodeo Drive location because it made the evening seem more festive. Christmas decorations galore. We alerted the restaurant that this was a birthday for both of the diners, and the hostess confirmed they were aware of the special celebration. The wait person never offered bread, water, was inattentive throughout, never mentioned the double birthday celebration, and didn't offer a dessert from the restaurant to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!DDJDVIPDined on 12/11/2013We meet friends yearly for a festive Christmas dinner and, later on, to stroll along Rodeo Drive seeing the store windows. McCormick & Schmick's always delivers on delicious dining choices! We will keep returning again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice seafood restaurantRay144VIPDined on 12/11/2013A very nice seafood restaurant chain. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2013My 7 friends & I, were looking for a restaurant in Beverly Hills, that had good food, pretty atmosphere, tables that were spaced so that we would all be able to chat & be comfortable, for a pre-holiday get-together. We chose this restaurant for those reasons, and were not disappointed. The food was delicious, the service quite good, and the ambiance was just right. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Foodluvs2eatVIPDined on 12/5/2013The McCornick & Schmick's at One Rodeo is in a great setting -- looks like a little European street in the middle of Beverly Hills. Fabulous at Xmas time with all the beautiful decorations. A must see! Went with a girlfriend to celebrate the Holidays. You can always count on the food being very good; not the "fine dining" type of food, but still very very good. I had the Dover sole, which was excellent, and my friend had the salmon, which was also good. We had a terrible waiter, Stephen, which put a bit of a damper on the whole experience; but we still enjoyed the evening in spite of his bad service. The nice thing is that it was quiet enough for us to talk. Good place if you don't like yelling at each other to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over and Above...Dodger25Dined on 11/27/2013I recently went on a first date to your restaurant. The manager of the restaurant personally brought fresh flowers to the table. The service and food could not be any better. I HIGHLY recommend McCormick's for any romantic occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will continue to return!JennDined on 11/10/2013Showed up a little early and got seated earlier than anticipated. They gave me the option of going to the bar or to sit outside under the heating lamps. I opted to wait in lieu of those options, and didn't wait long by the bar area in the interim. Sat in the main dining area. Our waiter and our wait staff were very attentive. Whether it is on Veteran's Day or any other day they always treat us like honored guests. Definitely the expectation that you would get for Rodeo Drive. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Staffed for Veterans DayLocoLocalDined on 11/10/2013While laudable for offering a free meal to Vets, the Beverly Hills McCormick & Schmick's was not staffed or ready to make it an honorable occasion. We were kept waiting for 30 minutes beyond the time of our Open Table reservation for starters. Once seated we were ignored for at least another 20 minutes, so long that the buss person asked to take our drink order. When our waiter did show up to take our order the requested salad never was delivered. Although staffing seemed to be adequate in number, they seemed to be completely disorganized.
- Veterans DayVeteranDined on 11/10/2013We had made reservation but when we arrived the host said we would be sitting out side. After sunset the temperature dropped to the low 60's, I was wearing a dress & asked to be seated inside. We waited for about 30 minutes to get table. The waiter was NOT attentive. We ask repeatly for water & he kept passing by without bringing any. He did not offer bread & butter that we noticed other tables were receiving upon being seated. We had to flag him down to take our order & for the check. It was delivered & he was no where to be found. We went to AppleBees the next day. They were swamped. The waitress was exceptional & the food hot. Much better service.Special Features:
- Lunches are great after adienexpert77Dined on 11/10/2013Lunches are great after a shopping experience through Beverly Hills. Dinners are not well received. Ordered the grilled salmon and received it half cooked, portions minimal and servers forgetting the appetizers was embarrassing. As the Beverly Hills location, this restaurant is not maintaining the high standard expected from a McC & S location - especially by Beverly Hills standards. The high prices you pay and the resulting service and quality of food is not worth it. Lunches are good - but dinner? I would recommend elsewhere.Special Features:
- An Average DinnerPapaVIPDined on 11/10/2013We have eaten at McCormick and Schmidk many times. This was our first experience at the Beverly Hills location. We did not feel that the service was up to the McCormick and Schmidk's standards. We do not plan on going back to this restaurant.
- Good to VeteransEconomistDined on 11/10/2013This outstanding upscale chain is the most generous quality establishment in the US, offering some of their best dishes free to Veterans on Veterans' Day. It also has one of the most interesting, yet economical Happy Hour menus in the US. The chefs are creative, offering such original dishes as Cashew Crusted Tilapia, one of the best I've ever eaten. At this time of radiation concerns about some seafood, their fish is safely sourced. Servers are friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable, willing to go the extra mile to meet diners' requests.Special Features:
- Veteran's Day DiningMarineVetDined on 11/10/2013The Menu was Good and the Service too. I will return again anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service was great wevtnmvetDined on 11/10/2013food and service was great we had a wonderful lunch on SundaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013A heartfelt greeting from the onset. An must stop to make an evening special.Special Features:
- 1 of the Worst experiencesvksvlvaDined on 10/7/2013Took over15 minutes for my drink. Everyone at the table got their drinks except for me. The waiter looked liked deer in a headlight when I asked 5 times for my drink. Got my drink after we finished the first round of appetizers! Unacceptable for a dinner that cost over $300. Hardly paid attention to us! Had to call the front desk to see where any one was. Should have known this place is for tourist, the Beverly Hills location.
- Great!FelicitasDined on 10/3/2013Hello! My experience was ALMOST perfect, as in 98/100. My server was great! Funny, attentive, and helpful. I wish I had gotten his name. My ONLY problem was the music was a little annoying. But I understand it was necessary to create ambience. But it was a kind of mindless pop music and a smidge too loud. But otherwise, great experience! And a pleasant surprise, free parking for 2 hours! Amazing!Special Features:
- DownhillJeffVIPDined on 9/30/2013since Landrys bought Mccormicks, it has went downhill. Just like all the places landrys takes over!
- Outstanding serviceCanadianDined on 9/27/2013My wife and I were looking for something with an extensive seafood menu and we found it here. Great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.