McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Austin (Century Oaks)
11600 Century Oaks Terrace
Austin, TX 78758Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Austin (Century Oaks)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: 5128360500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday thru Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm and Saturday 11:30am-4:00pm Dinner: Sunday 4pm-9pm Monday-Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Sean Bradshaw
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On and off premise catering is available with several menus and price levels to choose from.
- Entertainment: Live music on the patio every Wednesday. (Weather permiting)
- Special Events: Be sure and join us Monday through Friday from 4pm-7pm & 9pm-10pm as well as late night on Saturdays from 10pm-11pm for Happy Hour bar bites starting at only $2.99!
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Austin (Century Oaks)
McCormick & Schmick's offers the finest seafood, flown in daily, aged steaks, and hand crafted cocktails. Our menus are printed twice daily, based on availability, freshness, and quality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Austin (Century Oaks) - Best Restaurants in Northwest ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Austin (Century Oaks) reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (54)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (32)notable wine list (32)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Dry fish/tough steakMikeCDined on 10/18/2014The Swordfish was dry but a good chunk of fish. The steak was tough and for the price, not worth it. The server forgot my sides.Special Features:
- A Must Go!gettingoutDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed McCormick and Schmick's Seafood restaurant! The food was delicious, the meals' presentation was on point, and the service was impeccable! Not forgetting that the interior decor was well put together, creating a relaxed mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodToolooseDined on 10/5/2014Food was excellent with reasonable prices as well as excellent service. Enjoyed it immensely. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningMaxwellVIPDined on 9/28/2014As always it was a great evening and a great meal – ate on their outdoor patio and it was just beautiful. A Perfect eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerMollyaubDined on 9/27/2014We always love coming to McCormic & Schmick's for a special evening. The blue crab corn chowder was AMAZING! Service was great, helping with wine selections, and letting me try a couple until I liked what I ordered. Food was delicious as always! Reverse happy hour was great for an after dinner drink! We will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious Seafood Every Time!txgal77Dined on 9/24/2014This is one of my favorite seafood restaurants in tow. Dinner menu is always changing to showcase fresh fish. This time, I got a seafood bouillebaise that was absolutely fantastic! My husband enjoyed his tuna. Great wine and service to boot!Special Features:
- A perfect eveningMaxwellVIPDined on 9/20/2014Warm, classy ambience, excellent service and very good food. Extremely enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very deliciousLauraMODined on 9/20/2014Our entrees were beautifully presented and were delicious, as was my Prosecco Sangria. Our waiter was very attentive, charming and knowledgeable. The industry could certain benefit from more like him.Special Features:
- Happy Hour onlypowebergDined on 9/10/2014I went to Landry's last year for my Birthday in Corpus Christi, Tx. I joined the select club, my $25 birthday gift was going to expire if I did nor use, and I really did not want to defer. Or understand that process much less the point system. It seems like a bunch of nonsense to me. Landry's was spectacular, however I used one of the available affiliates, McCormick & Schmicks. The happy hour in bar area only great. You should be able to use same menu indining area. The wild Salmon the chef advised to order was small portion and very high sodium. The hamburger's at the bar way good. I advise to only dine here and only use happy hour menu.
- Would go again.food4thoughtDined on 9/8/2014The service was very good and the food also was very good. Seafood was excellent beef was under cooked.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnergrandmaof5Dined on 9/3/2014The food was outstanding---mussels broth was the best I've had in Austin (had to ask for a little more). Flounder was delicious with a butter/lemon sauce that wasn't overpowering. Absolutely the best orzo and butternut squash. Servings weren't skimpy as in some restaurants. Intimate atmosphere, attentive service. Valet service....very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good serviceramjacconsulting333VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great service after the situation was understood. Some issues with finding the correct server, but after all, we had a great time. Great food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that impressedCraigDDined on 9/1/2014This is my third time to dine there and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere and USUALLY the service it good. But this time it was uncrowded and the service was very weak indeed. And the food was not that great either. For a little more money Flemming's is far better all the way around, but pricey.Special Features:
- Lobster and SteakPNOWDined on 9/1/2014We enjoyed the lobster and steak two-day special offered by the Austin Century Oaks McCormick & Schmick's Seafood over Labor Day weekend. The service was excellent as usual, the entrees prepared just as expected including the stuffed salmon and the steak and lobster special. The wine by the glass selections were plentiful and great choices. We are looking forward to our next visit. PNOWSpecial Features:
- Poor Service/Not Cooked ProperlydanloisrecommendDined on 9/1/2014Food tasted good but I ordered the steak medium - got RARE instead. Mashed potatoes very salty. Better like al dente on veggies if you eat here. Waiter was cordial but not competent. He had only two tables and only came back after 20 minutes - out of tea and only then did he ask about my meal....way too late to get it re-cooked. Gave me a very delicious free dessert for my birthday month. Lobster was cooked properly.Special Features:
- McDinersVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very nice experience. Great meal. Really liked the private booth. Will be back.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014I submitted a question on the restaurant website and no one responded to my question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed (Aug 29, 2014)abcdefDined on 8/29/2014We made an early reservation (6:00) since it was Friday. We got there early to have a drink in the bar. Our waitress was in training and ask if we wanted water, which we said yes to but she never took our drink order. After waiting 10+ minutes and we still didn't have our water nor had we ordered drinks, we decided to go be seated for dinner. There was just two of us and the dinning room was less than half full but they sat us in a booth right next to where the wait staff entered and exited the kitchen. The traffic in and out of the kitchen was very distracting and noisy. My wife did not have a bread dish and there was no salt on the table. The service was average at best. The overall experience was disappointing, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great Food; Service only OKTxWomanDined on 8/27/2014Although the restaurant was almost empty on a Wednesday evening, we had a long wait before our waiter showed up to take our drink order, & a bit of a wait for the drinks. He said he would bring bread right away, but we had to ask for it 3 times & then he acted surprised that we wanted it before the meal. Service improved some, but not attentive. The food, on the other hand, was excellent and beautifully presented. Our waiter was courteous, just a bit distracted or perhaps inexperienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 8/27/2014Normally very good - this time good but was not at previous levels - room was almost empty & we had to sit infront of a window with the Sun shining in on us half way thru our meal - bad planningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Haven't been to this restaurant in a couple of years and remember the food quality being better than the other night!
- Great SpotsherriberriDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service, the Mahi and Grouper were perfectly cooked and sides of mashed potatoes and green beans were the perfect compliment. Apple pie dessert was light and cinnamon ice cream was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMaxRDined on 8/19/2014I took my friend there for her Birthday and besides being extremely efficient and friendly, they made her feel very special. Even had her name printed on the menu and gave her a special dessert on the house. The food was warm, very tasty and beautifully presented, without being "Nouveau Cuisine style"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not up to par.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The first time I had brunch at M & S a couple of months ago, the food was great. Last Sunday, my omelet was overcooked and tough, and the potatoes were almost burned. Also, the fruit cup was skimpy and I didn't get a variety of fruit - mostly pineapple. The 3 friends I dined with didn't say anything about the food, but I'm sure they were as disappointed as I was. Not good!! (The service, however, was fine).Special Features:
- Nice setting but food just so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We went on a Saturday night and were pleasantly suprised by service and ambience. The food though was not great. Portions were small, nothing very flavorful. Red pepper white cheddar potatoes specifically not good - tasted like instant and way too much red pepper (despite the server saying you couldn't taste the pepper at all, not true). Overall disappointing.
- Lacking in service and qualityAshKashVIPDined on 8/13/2014Went their for dinner while on business in Austin at the Domain. Server helping us was a trainee and his trainer was with him, which isn't usually a problem. However, even though we had bread and water refills, it took the trainer server way too long to bring the bill. Also, neither server was familiar with the seafood details and had to go ask whether the King Salmon was fresh or farm raised, and after I learned it was fresh and almost sold out, I ordered blackened, however the taste was not that good and the mashed potatoes were not as hot as they should be. Overall not up to my expectations especially at the price we paid.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014great experience for special occasion. hard to find parking in the big mall.Special Features:
- UnHappy HourjonnyuVIPDined on 8/7/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant, but my biggest complaint is happy hour is only in the bar area, kind of unfair when all their ads pump up the happy hour with no mention of only in the bar area. That done I think the restaurant chain is on good footing. The waitress could have known more about the dishes, but it turns out she was a new Hire. My customers had the shrimp dinner and the gulf black drum fish dinner. All were very good but I don't like the shrimp split to make them look bigger. Will be back again when in Austin.Special Features:
- Very GoodConversationalDined on 8/4/2014The place is very good in all aspects: quite, excellent enviroment, very good service. We were a group of friend searching for wine and a lot of subjects to deal with.Special Features:
- outstandingPearlieDined on 8/2/2014It was my first time there,and it was for my sister birthday dinner. I had her name printed on the menu and she was surprise, the food was great and she can't stop talking about the food and place.This is the place to have a birthday surprise for a family that is hard to please and they can't complain about nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedGoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014Lunch menu leaves a lot to be desired, the food was, the service could have been better. This was my first and possibly my last visit to this restaurant.
- sesalchDined on 8/1/2014Parmesan crusted flounder was spot on; crab cake sandwich and sweet potato couscous were just ok. Expensive for soups/salads, but the entrees are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceFrequentTravelerVIPDined on 7/31/2014I love going to McCormick & Schmik's as it's always an excellent experience. The filet mignon was cooked perfectly, as was the broccolini and roasted tomato. They happily cooked everything without butter, per my request. The service was wonderful. I always enjoy coming here and will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:
- Poor Service/overcooked steaksNoahDined on 7/27/2014The restaurant was slow when we arrived however the service was very poor. Forgotten drink orders. Fish was good. Steaks unfortunately were all overcooked. Sides were cold. As more tables came in, big groups were stacked on top of us rather than spreading us out some so it was noisier and obviously more taxing on the waiter. Waiter needed much more training. As the night went on, it got worse and worse. For the prices at the restaurant you would expect better service.
- Too high priced!dontgoDined on 7/26/2014Very high priced for wine and dinner entrees. Ordered 2 shrimp cocktails that were not listed on the menu, $16 ea, 1 glass of wine fried shrimp , steak and lobster. Total bill without tip was $124. Service was slow had to wait 10min for a refill of water.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodsherriberriDined on 7/25/2014We had only been here once before for lunch. The food was excellent, service was great (although it was not very busy) and overall a very enjoyable experience. They allowed me to substitute a different fish for the one quoted on the menu. I appreciated that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 - StarsRomantic14Dined on 7/23/2014Excellence around the board. Top shelf food and dining.Special Features:
- bday dinnerbdaydindinDined on 7/22/2014Took my fiancé there for bday dinner! It was awesome. The menus even said Happy Birthday Eric at the top. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Not what I had expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014I like a good steak and my girlfriend loves seafood so seemed like a good choice since both items are in their title. Her fish seemed to be on the oily side. I asked for a medium cooked ribeye and a side of the red pepper white cheddar mashed potatoes since it looked like none of the steaks come with any sides. I was surprised to see that there was a side of asparagus but my steak was close to well done and the mashed potatoes were cold and bland. On the plus side, the server was great and professional and the ambience was nice. It was our first time there so it might have been a rare occurrence but I don't think I'm willing to drop $70 for dinner for two to find out if that was so. I feel like I got better steaks at Texas Roadhouse.Special Features:
- TedBVIPDined on 7/19/2014Since the closing of the Dallas location I've missed this restaurant's meals. Reasonably priced and consistently good is what you can expect. Nothing too edgy but still interesting preparations in right-sized portions. Perfect date night establishment. Just wish I didn't have to drive to Austin to enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.