McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
0309 SW Montgomery
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Portland
- Phone: 5032201865x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-4:00pm, Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm- Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Boyd Holliday
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have several spaces for large parties or group events. Please call the restaurant directly for information on these spaces.
- Entertainment: Join us for viewing of your favorite team's next game. We feature a 9 by 6 foot Flatscreen Television for your viewing pleasure. Watch the game while enjoying Happy Hour in our non-smoking bar.
- Cross Street: SW River
- Public Transit: The Portland Street car stops one block from our door.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are several private parking lots on Montgomery as well as one on River. We offer validation a portion of the parking in the public parking lot on the north side of Montgomery. There is also some limited on street parking.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
Located in the scenic River Place marina, the Harborside Restaurant features great dining with a spectacular view of the Willamette River. Adjacent to the Harborside Restaurant is the popular Pilsner Room, home of the Full Sail Ale microbrewery. Featuring 24 beers on draft and all the specialty Experimental beers from Full Sail brewerey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland - Best Restaurants in South Waterfront ›
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)great for outdoor dining (88)special occasion (75)romantic (45)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (22)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (10)Show More
- sweetpeaVIPDined on 10/23/2014We have always enjoyed eating here. Even though we ask for a certain table and arrive early it seems they never pay attention to the table requested...someone is alwys in our table with several empty tables around us....why ask our preference if they don't pay attention to it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014This lunch visit was much better food than the last three dinners .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDunthorpeVIPDined on 10/19/2014Portland foodies check this out. Fabulous menu, excellent service and very good cuisine. Throw in a rare riverfront location and you hit all the requirements for a wonderful night out. Add this to your Portland favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingpizzaexpertVIPDined on 10/15/2014Having been to many restaurants in the chain years ago I expected more. The restaurant menu has significantly changed. The restaurant has gone downhill.Special Features:
- McCormick Harborside Needs HelpRRRDFWDined on 10/13/2014Have eaten at many McCormick & Schmidt's over the years and had great experiences.Ate there on Monday night and was not impressed to return, at least to this location any time soon. All services experienced huge time gaps (appetizer, entree, soup and even dessert). Whether it was staffing or kitchen, the food arrived cold or tepid, not for the prices charged. These folks need to get it together.Special Features:
- SeafoodTJsplusloinDined on 10/12/2014Thé place for seafood With Nice view on thé marina. Thé tuna "sushi" style was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal.BarbDined on 10/4/2014Our party of four had a fine post matinee meal outside. The food matched the spectacular weather we are having. Two of us had the seared sea scallops which can be tricky. They were perfect. The fools that did not order this dish raved about their steak and fish/chips.Special Features:
- Great day to watch the riverTigardDined on 10/4/2014outdoor seating was perfect, perfect day, food was good, not great, watching the people on the river and the river walk was entertaining.Special Features:
- Dinner, Live Music and a River ViewMontanasMomVIPDined on 9/28/2014As Landry's members, we frequent this establishment. As usual, the food was wonderful. This time we were able to dine when there was live music in the bar and the singer was wonderful. Add this to the view and you have a splendid date night. This dining experience was a little rougher than normal with the kitchen running out of a few of their dishes, but on a Sunday evening after a busy day in the city, sometimes that happens. It actually turned out to be a good thing since it made us try new items, like the delicious Crab and Corn Chowder and Bouillabaisse. Overall, we were very satisfied and thoroughly enjoyed the new Fall Menu items. We will continue to be loyal customers.Special Features:
- Food Quality PoorChyna32Dined on 9/28/2014I recently visited the restaurant three weeks prior and the food was excellent. So I came back a couple of days ago and ordered the same exact meal and it was over cooked poor quality and the lobster tasted rubbery. I was not impressed and very unhappy.Special Features:
- JLCPDXDined on 9/22/2014Frankly the food was mediocre. Setting is wonderful in the summer when you can sit outside.Special Features:
- Good choice for out of towners.BillDined on 9/22/2014Good food, nice location. Surprisingly light crowd on a Monday. Fresh list is what you would expect from a McCormicks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic views of the riverswedishbakerDined on 9/20/2014The tiered seating layout affords each diner with beautiful views of the river through the floor to ceiling windows. Gives the illusion of privacy in a popular restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerWork4FoodDined on 9/19/2014Made my reservation through Open Table and worked well. M & S also put a message wish us a happy anniversary on the menus. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ho-hum foodRoverDined on 9/14/2014Staff were the best part of the evening, very helpful and accommodating. We started with Ceasar Salad which was excellent then chose the Chef's special menu. the starter was chowder which was great. the entrees selected 1. beef medallions, shrimp scampi with a grilled tomato and green beans was good but not great. the other was shrimp scampi and linguini, too salty and boring. both desserts a miss (creme brulee and chocolate lava cake (which wasn't hot at all). Doubtful we'll return.Special Features:
- Salty.Out2DineDined on 9/7/2014We usually make an annual trip to Portland, and this was one place we wanted to try for a nice meal. It started out good, server was great. We wanted to get 2 starters, but they ran out of clams and mussels :( so we got the buttermilk fried oysters and the calamari. Oysters were tasty, but I found them to be big bites of fried batter with a small piece of oyster in the middle. The calamari was seasoned too much, so it was salty. Some bites were good, but most bites were salty. I hate wasting food -- so I finished it with my beer. Next I had the rib eye and my wife had the blackened chicken pasta. Her dish was the Star of the evening. My rib eye started out good with the first few bites, but again the rest of it was too salty. Too bad.Special Features:
- Fresh Shrimp!!pickyeater311Dined on 9/7/2014The day we went, they just received a fresh shipment of shrimp and it was delicious. The only reasons I didn't give 5 stars is because one of the orders came out incorrect, she ordered grilled stuffed shrimp and they brought grilled salmon instead. So, after waiting about 8 minutes, she had her correct order. Then when the bill came, the waiter forgot to take off the wrong dish on the bill, but other than that the food was fantastic and the waiter's recommendations were excellent! I highly recommend the coconut shrimp and the creme brulee!!!Special Features:
- Good food, still overpriced.datenighterDined on 9/5/2014Waiter was nice. Didn't seem particularly knowledgeable on certain things. Sides were a la carte, so don't expect a salad with those $26 shrimps. It did taste good, and the view sitting outside was excellent.Special Features:
- Steak & Lobster PromotionRMCODined on 9/1/2014We came to the restaurant for a birthday meal as they were having a S&L promotion. My steak was tiny and very over cooked. One of our guests ordered razor clams....it was burnt so bad on one side that it couldn't be eaten. No one obviously checked the food before it was served. Extremely disappointing....Special Features:
- not good foodkniss1111Dined on 9/1/2014we came for the steak and lobster special, the lobster was almost raw and the steak was tough and flavorless even with the sauce ? they put on it what kind of sauce was that?Special Features:
- PleasantPriceshockedDined on 8/31/2014We were seated by two noisy, boisterous dogs who went crazy every time other dogs went by which kind of ruined the serene quality of dining outside and the hostess was a bit stiff- and also treated us like we didn't have reservations ( which we obviously did through Open-Table). Maybe because we couldn't find the check-in entryway (it wasn't clear since it was our first time there). but walked through the Bar but the waitress there was kind enough to walk us to the correct check-in desk. All in all other than the dogs it was a pleasant first time experience.Special Features:
- worst service in a long timepbraunDined on 8/28/2014Service from the hostess to the wait staff were very unfriendly. After being seated it took over 20/minutes to be even recognized by wait staff and to get water. This was after going up to the hostess and advising we had been seated 15/min ago and she looks at her computer screen and says actually sir it has been 14/min!Special Features:
- Second visit in five daysjimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 8/28/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant in five days. I had to come back again for the Parmesan Crusted Sole. It is absolutely delicious. Our server, Lori was terrific and took great care of us during a very busy dinner hour. I don't know if I can wait another five days before having it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harborside is a stapleParkerDined on 8/27/2014We go to Harborside on special occasions but also is a good choice any time. You can always count on the quality of food and the service. The food was so delicious.Special Features:
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014they set us down pretty quick, but didn't even bring us water or get our drink order until 15 minutes later. Later they brought us two different wine glasses and the waiter said he hoped we didn't notice. There Oregon wine selection was terrible. On top of everything they screwed up or order and brought over cook steak we asked for medium rare.....
- Excellent server, food and drink.HarryPomDined on 8/23/2014We were travelling to Portland and reserved at M&S for 7:30 on Saturday night. We ended up getting to the restaurant earlier than expected. Right around 5ish which is happy hour. We sat inside as it was quite hot outside and after our walk from our hotel we wanted the comfort of A/C. The atmosphere was relaxed and the seating area was a large open area. The views were of the river were nice and the patio/outside seating looked inviting. We were sitting for a couple minutes and didn't think the server was aware of us but as we were about to flag her down she showed up with 2 ice cold waters and menus. The service throughout our meal was amazing and the server helped us with tourist tips, places to go, things to see in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemjimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 8/23/2014We live in the neighborhood and eat here a lot. Over the past few months it seems as if the service and food are getting better. Our server, Emily was perfect in every way. She was personable, professional and took very good care of us. Both our meals were outstanding. I had the Parmesan Sole and I loved it. My husband had the Fried Shrimp and thought he had died and gone to heaven. So, by the time I have written this, I have already returned to the restaurant and ordered the Parmesan Sole again. It was just as good as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbeardDined on 8/22/2014Nice dinner. I think our waiter was probably new , as he was unable to answer questions we had about a couple of entrees. Some time after we had placed our order, we asked him if we got any bread while we were waiting for our food. He replied that he thought that they had run out of bread ( this was 7:30 on a Friday night). Then two minutes later he came by with the bread. Other than that small hiccup, the food was excellent, particularly enjoying the bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time2eatDined on 8/22/2014Special occasion - wife's birthday. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- First and lastHRDCLCKVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food is average at best, service ? What is that? If you want to spend over a $100 a keal and be seating next to people in shorts who take their sandals off, this place is for you. Tourist trap! Food was so undesirable, we didnt even bother with dessert. Avoid steelhead crusted trout...a 1/2 lound of horseradish on 5 oz of fish.
- Years of visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We came here on our wedding day 26 years ago and come back almost everyyear. Always good food,service,views. Lobster salad a little short on lobster! Martini greatSpecial Features:
- Luv2wineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Was a nice place to hang outand have a nice dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LenaDined on 8/16/2014We ate outside with a 2 year old and the service was great for her - he brought out her food first, and because we were outside she could walk around and not bother anyone else. The view is outstanding there as well.Special Features:
- Our FavoritecarnationgirlDined on 8/9/2014We make occasional trips to Portland. We always include a stop at McCormick's Harborside. The selection of fresh fish dishes is huge. The variety makes choosing a meal exciting and tough. Everything looks and tastes fabulous. Beautiful to look at and amazing combinations. It is always worth the stop. Plus, the view of the harbor is the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Nice placecatloverDined on 8/8/2014We had a great dinner. We sat outside and had a great time. It was my daughter's 16th birthday. The waitress brought a great dessert for her.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We've eaten at McCormick and Schmick several times. The food however, this time was not good. The salmon was flavorless, the mashed potatoes cold. I was very disappointed as this was a special occasion and we had a lot of expectation of having an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceRhondaDined on 8/7/2014I am so glad we selected this restaurant to celebrate a work anniversary. The service we received was exceptional! Will definitely be returning sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress (Maura?)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We had a late dinner on a gorgeous night. We sat in the bar and enjoyed the ambience and full menu. Food and drinks were very good but the service made it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice service, customized mealMJBierDined on 8/1/2014Once again, M&S has provided a perfect dining experience with outstanding service and quality food. Our Tualatin experience 10 days earlier was also amazing. Thank you... a wonderful way to start and end our Oregon trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMarkDined on 8/1/2014We have had dinner here a few times and we always enjoy it. The food is always good and the service is great and friendly. Having a view of the river is a big plus.Special Features: