McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
0309 SW Montgomery
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Portland
- Phone: (503) 220-1865
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-4:00pm, Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm- Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Boyd Holliday
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have several spaces for large parties or group events. Please call the restaurant directly for information on these spaces.
- Entertainment: Join us for viewing of your favorite team's next game. We feature a 9 by 6 foot Flatscreen Television for your viewing pleasure. Watch the game while enjoying Happy Hour in our non-smoking bar.
- Cross Street: SW River
- Public Transit: The Portland Street car stops one block from our door.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are several private parking lots on Montgomery as well as one on River. We offer validation a portion of the parking in the public parking lot on the north side of Montgomery. There is also some limited on street parking.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
Located in the scenic River Place marina, the Harborside Restaurant features great dining with a spectacular view of the Willamette River. Adjacent to the Harborside Restaurant is the popular Pilsner Room, home of the Full Sail Ale microbrewery. Featuring 24 beers on draft and all the specialty Experimental beers from Full Sail brewerey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland - Best Restaurants in South Waterfront ›
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (123)special occasion (85)great for outdoor dining (68)romantic (55)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (29)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)Show More
- Great table, service, and food!sal52Dined on 11/17/2014Happened to drop in on a somewhat slow Monday evening. Nice table with great view (as most of them have). Very prompt and attentive service offering good advice when we needed it. From drinks through to dessert, we enjoyed it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, mediocre foodYumyumgivemesomeVIPDined on 11/14/2014Have to say that service was pretty good: timely and pleasant. The food, however was a joke. The king crab legs were scrawny and seemed more like snow crab, the lobster tails were anorexic, a scallop entree looked like an appetizer, and the beef medallions were tiny, less than 6oz or a typical petite filet portion. Four adults shared 4 apps, each had an entree and two desserts and we left not feeling quite satiated. Most of the food was underseasoned, green beans for two of us were far undercooked and crunchy. It was just pretty disappointing for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Just ok....CrackerVIPDined on 11/12/2014The view is good from the location. Food was just ok and service lacked as well. If you are on business and close by hotel, not a bad alternative. Just marginal service and par food. Nothing certainly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, staff and a great view!SelectivelyChosenDined on 11/9/2014This location is right on the Willamette River, overlooking the marina and on downstream. The lights of Portland's bridges reflect on the water giving a fantastic prelude to the excellent food. McCormick and Schmick's update their menu weekly, sometimes daily to reflect the fresh seafood is available. I had the Cedar Planked Salmon, my guest the Trout Almandine, both were delicious, well presented and hot when served. We had dessert of New York style cheesecake. It was not the heavy cheesecake we expected. Rather it was light, with a good taste and little of the gummy cheesecake feeling that you often find in a commercial presentation. The staff was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. An excellent dining place.Special Features:
- Rex CecilHonorDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food, service and greatly appreciated honoring of Vets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable mealDribblesDined on 11/9/2014It was a very nice evening. Knowledgeable waiter, answered all our questions. Fairly prompt service. Good food.Special Features:
- Vets' night outdressedupDined on 11/9/2014My wife and my son joined me at one of our favorite restaurants in taking advantage of the offering of a free meal for military veterans. I was quite pleased with the choice I made for my free meal among the selections offered, but I believe any one of them would have been nice, especially for the price. We arrived early for our reservation and had cocktails in the bar. We were shown to our table by a young man who thanked me for my service. I understand the very smart business decision and marketing strategy behind this promotion, but it doesn't detract from the outstanding gesture. We have dined here many times, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harbor View Seafood DiningUSAFKPDined on 11/9/2014We've been coming to this restaurant for several years. As a veteran they offer a free dinner to those who've served on Veterans Day. They provide a special menu with a great choice of entrees. We've always had exceptional service and the freshest seafood. Large floor to ceiling widows overlooking the harbor adds to the experience. Regular menu offers an exceptional selection. Staff is knowledgeable of their menu and assisted a member of our party who was glucose intolerant. Everyone in our party enjoyed the exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceYGoonDined on 11/9/2014Price matches perfectly with the quality of food. I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bkingsle1Dined on 11/9/2014Food was cold and not cooked. .
- A Very Happy VeteranOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Funny, I used to live not far from a McCormick and Schmick's in Boca Raton, Florida and often thought about eating there, but never did; until just before this Veteran's Day at the Portland Harborside. They treated all of us vets with a free meal. They found me seating and honored my reservation, even though I got lost and was a bit late. The food and the service (Karen) was outstanding and since the meal was on the house, I had a couple drinks, which were outstanding as well. Thank you all for the GREAT experience. I will return and I have already recommended you to several people. I wish I had tried you out sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomerFoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014The Harborside is nearby and we dine there 2-3 times a month. The food and service are always excellent.Special Features:
- The food is not worth the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014The food is sooooo disappointing... every time! Nice atmosphere though!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our weekend lunch!pdxdineDined on 11/1/2014We dined with our kids and had wonderful service and enjoyed the great food we always look forward to. And they took great care of our kids, too!Special Features:
- Great waterfront dining experience!luvdiningDined on 10/27/2014If you are looking for a relaxing place with a great view to have a memorable dining experience, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- worse food everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014McDonalds stop would have been better. Actually did stop for a burger a few hours later as I was unable to eat the over salted food and underdressed salad. No table service to express out dissatisfaction and then when the bill was been paid "do you want change" Horrible, horrible, horrible.Special Features:
- Kevin NYSCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Good Food and fair service/ Portions are what I call dishwasher friendly; you will clean the plate. No leftovers here. Small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetpeaVIPDined on 10/23/2014We have always enjoyed eating here. Even though we ask for a certain table and arrive early it seems they never pay attention to the table requested...someone is alwys in our table with several empty tables around us....why ask our preference if they don't pay attention to it.Special Features:
- InvitingKatrinaKDined on 10/22/2014Thought everything about this place was great. The only problem that occurred is when I made online reservations I followed up with the restaurant to make changes to since it was a bday. When arrived at the restaurant the young lady did not do any of what I asked for. Thank goodness the server took care of what was needed. Very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014This lunch visit was much better food than the last three dinners .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDunthorpeVIPDined on 10/19/2014Portland foodies check this out. Fabulous menu, excellent service and very good cuisine. Throw in a rare riverfront location and you hit all the requirements for a wonderful night out. Add this to your Portland favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014We were greeted with "Do you have a reservations" I replied yes. The 4 people at the desk were not really pleasant about looking for the reservations at 6:00 PM. I did receive a VIP since it was my husband's birthday celebration with friends. They seated us as the last table in the resturant by the exit door with a small table. I asked to be moved next to the table, the reply was no since it was reserved for a larger party. Only 4 people sat at this table an hour after we were seated. The resturant had plenty of tables available by the window. The attitude was very snobbish and not friendly. I have dined at McCormicks before but it has been a while. Now I know why. Our Server was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Very disappointingpizzaexpertVIPDined on 10/15/2014Having been to many restaurants in the chain years ago I expected more. The restaurant menu has significantly changed. The restaurant has gone downhill.Special Features:
- McCormick Harborside Needs HelpRRRDFWDined on 10/13/2014Have eaten at many McCormick & Schmidt's over the years and had great experiences.Ate there on Monday night and was not impressed to return, at least to this location any time soon. All services experienced huge time gaps (appetizer, entree, soup and even dessert). Whether it was staffing or kitchen, the food arrived cold or tepid, not for the prices charged. These folks need to get it together.Special Features:
- SeafoodTJsplusloinDined on 10/12/2014Thé place for seafood With Nice view on thé marina. Thé tuna "sushi" style was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal.BarbDined on 10/4/2014Our party of four had a fine post matinee meal outside. The food matched the spectacular weather we are having. Two of us had the seared sea scallops which can be tricky. They were perfect. The fools that did not order this dish raved about their steak and fish/chips.Special Features:
- Great day to watch the riverTigardDined on 10/4/2014outdoor seating was perfect, perfect day, food was good, not great, watching the people on the river and the river walk was entertaining.Special Features:
- sweetpeaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Although the food and service have always been good here, it's frustrating when you make your reservations and ask for a certain table only to find when you get there that it has been given to someone else when all the adjoining tables are still empty. Booking with Open Table they ask if you have any preferences...why ask for this if they're not going to pay any attention to your request. This is the only restaurant where we have found their lack of attention to your request. This has happened to us three times...that's not nice.Special Features:
- Dinner, Live Music and a River ViewMontanasMomVIPDined on 9/28/2014As Landry's members, we frequent this establishment. As usual, the food was wonderful. This time we were able to dine when there was live music in the bar and the singer was wonderful. Add this to the view and you have a splendid date night. This dining experience was a little rougher than normal with the kitchen running out of a few of their dishes, but on a Sunday evening after a busy day in the city, sometimes that happens. It actually turned out to be a good thing since it made us try new items, like the delicious Crab and Corn Chowder and Bouillabaisse. Overall, we were very satisfied and thoroughly enjoyed the new Fall Menu items. We will continue to be loyal customers.Special Features:
- Food Quality PoorChyna32Dined on 9/28/2014I recently visited the restaurant three weeks prior and the food was excellent. So I came back a couple of days ago and ordered the same exact meal and it was over cooked poor quality and the lobster tasted rubbery. I was not impressed and very unhappy.Special Features:
- JLCPDXDined on 9/22/2014Frankly the food was mediocre. Setting is wonderful in the summer when you can sit outside.Special Features:
- Good choice for out of towners.BillDined on 9/22/2014Good food, nice location. Surprisingly light crowd on a Monday. Fresh list is what you would expect from a McCormicks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic views of the riverswedishbakerDined on 9/20/2014The tiered seating layout affords each diner with beautiful views of the river through the floor to ceiling windows. Gives the illusion of privacy in a popular restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerWork4FoodDined on 9/19/2014Made my reservation through Open Table and worked well. M & S also put a message wish us a happy anniversary on the menus. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ho-hum foodRoverDined on 9/14/2014Staff were the best part of the evening, very helpful and accommodating. We started with Ceasar Salad which was excellent then chose the Chef's special menu. the starter was chowder which was great. the entrees selected 1. beef medallions, shrimp scampi with a grilled tomato and green beans was good but not great. the other was shrimp scampi and linguini, too salty and boring. both desserts a miss (creme brulee and chocolate lava cake (which wasn't hot at all). Doubtful we'll return.Special Features:
- Salty.Out2DineDined on 9/7/2014We usually make an annual trip to Portland, and this was one place we wanted to try for a nice meal. It started out good, server was great. We wanted to get 2 starters, but they ran out of clams and mussels :( so we got the buttermilk fried oysters and the calamari. Oysters were tasty, but I found them to be big bites of fried batter with a small piece of oyster in the middle. The calamari was seasoned too much, so it was salty. Some bites were good, but most bites were salty. I hate wasting food -- so I finished it with my beer. Next I had the rib eye and my wife had the blackened chicken pasta. Her dish was the Star of the evening. My rib eye started out good with the first few bites, but again the rest of it was too salty. Too bad.Special Features:
- Fresh Shrimp!!pickyeater311Dined on 9/7/2014The day we went, they just received a fresh shipment of shrimp and it was delicious. The only reasons I didn't give 5 stars is because one of the orders came out incorrect, she ordered grilled stuffed shrimp and they brought grilled salmon instead. So, after waiting about 8 minutes, she had her correct order. Then when the bill came, the waiter forgot to take off the wrong dish on the bill, but other than that the food was fantastic and the waiter's recommendations were excellent! I highly recommend the coconut shrimp and the creme brulee!!!Special Features:
- Good food, still overpriced.datenighterDined on 9/5/2014Waiter was nice. Didn't seem particularly knowledgeable on certain things. Sides were a la carte, so don't expect a salad with those $26 shrimps. It did taste good, and the view sitting outside was excellent.Special Features:
- Steak & Lobster PromotionRMCODined on 9/1/2014We came to the restaurant for a birthday meal as they were having a S&L promotion. My steak was tiny and very over cooked. One of our guests ordered razor clams....it was burnt so bad on one side that it couldn't be eaten. No one obviously checked the food before it was served. Extremely disappointing....Special Features:
- not good foodkniss1111Dined on 9/1/2014we came for the steak and lobster special, the lobster was almost raw and the steak was tough and flavorless even with the sauce ? they put on it what kind of sauce was that?Special Features: