McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
0309 SW Montgomery
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Portland
- Phone: 5032201865x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-4:00pm, Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm Friday-Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm-6:00pm & 9:00pm- Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Boyd Holliday
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have several spaces for large parties or group events. Please call the restaurant directly for information on these spaces.
- Entertainment: Join us for viewing of your favorite team's next game. We feature a 9 by 6 foot Flatscreen Television for your viewing pleasure. Watch the game while enjoying Happy Hour in our non-smoking bar.
- Cross Street: SW River
- Public Transit: The Portland Street car stops one block from our door.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are several private parking lots on Montgomery as well as one on River. We offer validation a portion of the parking in the public parking lot on the north side of Montgomery. There is also some limited on street parking.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland
Located in the scenic River Place marina, the Harborside Restaurant features great dining with a spectacular view of the Willamette River. Adjacent to the Harborside Restaurant is the popular Pilsner Room, home of the Full Sail Ale microbrewery. Featuring 24 beers on draft and all the specialty Experimental beers from Full Sail brewerey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland - Best Restaurants in South Waterfront ›
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside - Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (130)great for outdoor dining (93)special occasion (88)great for lunch (47)fit for foodies (46)romantic (46)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)late-night find (13)Show More
- PleasantPriceshockedDined on 8/31/2014We were seated by two noisy, boisterous dogs who went crazy every time other dogs went by which kind of ruined the serene quality of dining outside and the hostess was a bit stiff- and also treated us like we didn't have reservations ( which we obviously did through Open-Table). Maybe because we couldn't find the check-in entryway (it wasn't clear since it was our first time there). but walked through the Bar but the waitress there was kind enough to walk us to the correct check-in desk. All in all other than the dogs it was a pleasant first time experience.Special Features:
- worst service in a long timepbraunDined on 8/28/2014Service from the hostess to the wait staff were very unfriendly. After being seated it took over 20/minutes to be even recognized by wait staff and to get water. This was after going up to the hostess and advising we had been seated 15/min ago and she looks at her computer screen and says actually sir it has been 14/min!Special Features:
- Second visit in five daysjimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 8/28/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant in five days. I had to come back again for the Parmesan Crusted Sole. It is absolutely delicious. Our server, Lori was terrific and took great care of us during a very busy dinner hour. I don't know if I can wait another five days before having it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harborside is a stapleParkerDined on 8/27/2014We go to Harborside on special occasions but also is a good choice any time. You can always count on the quality of food and the service. The food was so delicious.Special Features:
- bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014they set us down pretty quick, but didn't even bring us water or get our drink order until 15 minutes later. Later they brought us two different wine glasses and the waiter said he hoped we didn't notice. There Oregon wine selection was terrible. On top of everything they screwed up or order and brought over cook steak we asked for medium rare.....
- Excellent server, food and drink.HarryPomDined on 8/23/2014We were travelling to Portland and reserved at M&S for 7:30 on Saturday night. We ended up getting to the restaurant earlier than expected. Right around 5ish which is happy hour. We sat inside as it was quite hot outside and after our walk from our hotel we wanted the comfort of A/C. The atmosphere was relaxed and the seating area was a large open area. The views were of the river were nice and the patio/outside seating looked inviting. We were sitting for a couple minutes and didn't think the server was aware of us but as we were about to flag her down she showed up with 2 ice cold waters and menus. The service throughout our meal was amazing and the server helped us with tourist tips, places to go, things to see in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemjimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 8/23/2014We live in the neighborhood and eat here a lot. Over the past few months it seems as if the service and food are getting better. Our server, Emily was perfect in every way. She was personable, professional and took very good care of us. Both our meals were outstanding. I had the Parmesan Sole and I loved it. My husband had the Fried Shrimp and thought he had died and gone to heaven. So, by the time I have written this, I have already returned to the restaurant and ordered the Parmesan Sole again. It was just as good as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbeardDined on 8/22/2014Nice dinner. I think our waiter was probably new , as he was unable to answer questions we had about a couple of entrees. Some time after we had placed our order, we asked him if we got any bread while we were waiting for our food. He replied that he thought that they had run out of bread ( this was 7:30 on a Friday night). Then two minutes later he came by with the bread. Other than that small hiccup, the food was excellent, particularly enjoying the bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- time2eatDined on 8/22/2014Special occasion - wife's birthday. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- First and lastHRDCLCKVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food is average at best, service ? What is that? If you want to spend over a $100 a keal and be seating next to people in shorts who take their sandals off, this place is for you. Tourist trap! Food was so undesirable, we didnt even bother with dessert. Avoid steelhead crusted trout...a 1/2 lound of horseradish on 5 oz of fish.
- Years of visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We came here on our wedding day 26 years ago and come back almost everyyear. Always good food,service,views. Lobster salad a little short on lobster! Martini greatSpecial Features:
- Luv2wineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Was a nice place to hang outand have a nice dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LenaDined on 8/16/2014We ate outside with a 2 year old and the service was great for her - he brought out her food first, and because we were outside she could walk around and not bother anyone else. The view is outstanding there as well.Special Features:
- Our FavoritecarnationgirlDined on 8/9/2014We make occasional trips to Portland. We always include a stop at McCormick's Harborside. The selection of fresh fish dishes is huge. The variety makes choosing a meal exciting and tough. Everything looks and tastes fabulous. Beautiful to look at and amazing combinations. It is always worth the stop. Plus, the view of the harbor is the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Nice placecatloverDined on 8/8/2014We had a great dinner. We sat outside and had a great time. It was my daughter's 16th birthday. The waitress brought a great dessert for her.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We've eaten at McCormick and Schmick several times. The food however, this time was not good. The salmon was flavorless, the mashed potatoes cold. I was very disappointed as this was a special occasion and we had a lot of expectation of having an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceRhondaDined on 8/7/2014I am so glad we selected this restaurant to celebrate a work anniversary. The service we received was exceptional! Will definitely be returning sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress (Maura?)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We had a late dinner on a gorgeous night. We sat in the bar and enjoyed the ambience and full menu. Food and drinks were very good but the service made it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice service, customized mealMJBierDined on 8/1/2014Once again, M&S has provided a perfect dining experience with outstanding service and quality food. Our Tualatin experience 10 days earlier was also amazing. Thank you... a wonderful way to start and end our Oregon trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMarkDined on 8/1/2014We have had dinner here a few times and we always enjoy it. The food is always good and the service is great and friendly. Having a view of the river is a big plus.Special Features:
- Classmate ReconnectRickVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great restaurant, wonderful outdoor dining with river view. Four of us for lunch today, food was very good, well prepared, fresh ingredients, ample portion sizes. Beer and wine to complement your meal. Service was very good, friendly, there when needed without hovering. Have eaten at McCormick & Schmick restaurants countrywide, have found them always to be consistently great. Met a former classmate that I had not seen since highschool. Great restaurant for our reunion. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeSplashDined on 7/28/2014This was a nice place to visit friends and family coming from out of town. Since we live an hour out of town and family came into town, this was a nice place to meet. The atmosphere was pleasant and we had great food.Special Features:
- DisappointedAlaskanDined on 7/26/2014Fried oysters were so soggy with grease and unfit to eat. Salmon was grilled perfectly. Waiter was indifferent and could not answer our questions about the different kinds of fish on the menu. No Halibut on the menu. Service was very poor. Waiter applied higher price for salmon on the Bill than was posted on menu. This use to be "The Place" to eat in Portland, but sadly has fallen to the bottom of my list. Could it be because it is now owned by Landry's?Special Features:
- bon apetitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014We had an excellent dinner experience. The food was superb and the setting is wonderful - the people watching out the window is great! I was pleasantly surprised, as I had crossed this restaurant off my list because of the poor service. This time the service was very good as was the food. I do wish the serve person did not have to push drinks, wine, and extras so hard! All in all it was just great.Special Features:
- Food very boring-service sameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I had a filet mignon... pretty good but microscopic portion (and I ordered the large one!) All three of my guests rec'd mediocre tasting dishes --also small portions (and, trust me... we are not lumberjacks). Waitress just didn't "get it." Like she was from another planet. NIce location and beautiful building... that's all I have on the positive side.Special Features:
- Steak OscarmissyDined on 7/24/2014Ordered a steak oscar and there were only 2-3 little pieces of crab on it. Same for two other people at our table. Not worth the money but otherwise food was very good. Would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best4lunchDined on 7/19/2014Not what I expected when compared with previous experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good service, mediocre food prepPeterTDined on 7/14/2014I had ordered a medium rare steak. It came well done. We asked for lemon for the fish and it never came. Other than that, the waitperson was quite attentive and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sales pitch galorecgcassDined on 7/13/2014I find that dining at a trendy restaurant known for its food and service placed in an attractive environment that is confident of its quality product to be so degraded by the sales pitch for a dining membership that is pushed onto the server as a requirement (quota as we were told by our server) to present to the diners. Most of us go for the experience, not to be exposed to a begging server to join a dining club that is self-serving and has exposure to relative few restaurants in our vicinity. Let us dine in peace.Special Features:
- Oh So DeliciousKayDeeKayDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed a fabulous dinner after lamenting over what to order; it all looked so good. Bacon wrapped shrimp, so decadent and delicious!Special Features:
- Lunch with visitor from JapanPattiDined on 7/10/2014We were given excellent service. The food was inviting to the eyes and tasted delicious. The 3 of us ate the same thing. It was around 12:00 and a bit cool out side, suggest going later. My guest was equally pleased. My daughter eats Pallieo and had a hard time ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lower your expectationsSeafoodloverDined on 7/9/2014Here is what to expect: Having a reservation does not mean there is a table waiting for you. Having a enthusiastic waiter does not mean that good service will follow. Execution (meals arrive at roughly the same time) etc. is sorely absent. What sounds appealing on the menu does not result in even acceptable food. You can expect a restaurant living on its location and pre-Landry name.
- mixed reviewlakesidefloodDined on 7/9/2014The experience was fine once we were seated. We arrived right on time for our reservation at 5pm for six people (one 93 year old grandma). Five service / host people were clustered at the door. We requested an outdoor table (there were plenty). We were not seated for 25 minutes. Eventually they said they had to wait until a waiter clocked in. I expect more from a McCormick and Schmick's restaurant. They have always been first rate even through ownership changes. It is now a Landry restaurant. It's very difficult for me to understand how they would let stand around outside the door with so many personnel available, especially considering the age of one of our party. Connor was our server and he did a great job.
- Sadly lackingNVA1Dined on 7/8/2014The highlight is the location beautiful spot on river. The meal had issues. The heirloom tomatoe salad had good flavour and plate presentation was good. However the hard cores were not removed and detracted from the over experience. My wife had the seared scallops and enjoyed the meal. I had the stuffed shrimp with cheese and red pepper mashed potatoe. The meal was lukewarm the crab stuffing was pasty and lacked flavour. The green beans were the best part of this entree. The restuarant was very busy and presumably overwhelmed leading to long delays between servings.Special Features:
- Great Food with a ViewPDXDAVEDined on 7/5/2014Delicious food & cocktails, while enjoying a commanding view of the Willamette River. Seated on the third tier of dining, we enjoyed a variety of beautifully prepared dishes while enjoying the Riverwalk and activities on the water. Great waiter ("Chip") rounded out the evening. He balanced a thorough knowledge of food & drink offerings, with convivial humor and great service. I enjoy coming here with friends or by myself equally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outside Waterfront DiningjimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant has a very special location in the Summer months—outside on the banks of the Willamette River. I requested outdoor seating on my Open Table reservation and we were seated at a great table within minutes on a very busy July 4th evening. Our server, Martinez, was great and personable and took good care of us. My sister and I had the Cedar Atlantic Salmon and my husband had the Parmesan Crusted Sole. All meals were good—for a chain owned restaurant. We split an Heirloom Tomato Salad that was very nice and a Marionberry Pie for dessert that was delicious. That, plus cocktails for 3 and wine by the glass for 2 totaled $146.20 before gratuity. Fair price for the meal, drinks and the very special ambiance.Special Features:
- Dinner on the riverDiverDanDined on 7/2/2014Service was some of the best that I have had in Portland. Food was excellent. There were two of us and we each sampled each other's entre. Parking should be in the shelter on the same side as the resturant. We parked across the street and the cost was a downfall.Special Features:
- The food was great....JeffVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was great. The only thing that wasn't good is what I call a "short pour". This means I don't think the amount of scotch that I was getting in my "neat" (no ice no, no water) drink was even an ounce. At $12 a drink, I felt I should have gotten more alcohol. Even my date made a comment about it. Other than that, everything was great.Special Features:
- Great Food, great place!!NWJoAnnDined on 6/25/2014We really enjoyed M & S Harborside. We took a friend from Australia, it was a very nice dinner. I ordered the Stuffed Salmon with brie cheese and crab and shrimp it was delicious. The calamari appetizer was very tasty and the wine we choose was the very right choice to go with our Seafood dinner. Our waiter was very informative and professional. I put in our reservation a little later in the day and still got a very nice table with a view. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially when out of town guests are in town, or anytime really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KajunBreesKajunBreesVIPDined on 6/25/2014Restaurant never disappoints. Tried Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Mac & Cheese and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.