McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
1200 Westlake Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborsideseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 270-9052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Westcott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: McCormick & Schmick's Harborside's four private dining and function rooms are perfect for catered affairs and meetings. Please contact our Director of Catering at 206-270-8815 to discuss your event needs. Off site catering is also available. There are food minimums and geographic restrictions assessed for off site catering.
- Cross Street: Highland Drive
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: At the bottom of the ramp in the lower Republic parking lot, there is parking for a minimal fee. This lot is directly in front of the restaurant and we validate parking for $3.25.
From 8:00am – 4:00pm, parking on Westlake is metered with the city. After 4:00pm parking is free without a time limit in this area.
A word from McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
This beautiful restaurant located on Lake Union offers spectacular waterfront views and contemporary Northwest cuisine with a dedication to seasonality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (71)special occasion (38)romantic (25)good for groups (21)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Overall the place was nice. The only thing I wish I could have changed was that when I filled in the comments section on the online reservation I asked to have a nice view. Well they put our table right in front of the only pillar in the dining area. So our view was a big cement block. Good service, overpriced cocktails, ok foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch out with the Parking!MikeVIPDined on 11/22/2014When you park in the lot you have to pay even when you are given a voucher for part of the cost. Be prepared to pay! Rather frustrating as we weren't told ahead of time. Also, the Horse radish crusted steelhead is not steelhead, but salmon that isn't cooked completely...if you like it rare, you got it. Steelhead in other McCormick's use to be thin, and red flesh. This was not. It was a disappointing experience and adding the parking tab....didn't leave me a good impression.
- b1234bbbDined on 11/16/2014aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014Food was unimpressive for the prices. Very nice ambiance and great view of the water. Very good service.
- Veterans Day DinnerCaptainJackDined on 11/9/2014When they offered a veterans day dinner 2 days before veterans day, it was a meal I could not miss out. The service was fantastic. Even the general manager stopped by to check up on us. I'm happy to be of service for them many years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Food: For appetizers, we ordered clam chowder and crab cake. The chowder was warm, not hot. The crab cake was a bit wet and mushy. For main entrees, we ordered the New York Strip, medium rare, and Halibut. The steak came out medium well...barely pink in the middle. The Halibut was delicious. Service: We went for Veterans Day and the service was extremely slow, granted it was a busy night, but it was about 35 minutes after we sat down that we had simple bread service. To her credit, she was very polite and friendly.Special Features:
- Veterans Day OffergailkalDined on 11/9/2014It was great to participate in again in your Free Dinner for Veterans. The menu to chose from was wonderful and we were not rushed. Thank you for the great food and thank you for providing this special day to us Veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's Support DinnerCatb1rdDined on 11/9/2014I received an email offering a free entree (from a special menu) for Veteran's day celebration. The offer was good only on Sunday, two days before Veteran's Day. This was good because you avoided the major crowds. My wife had a medallion steak off the normal menu which was very good, but my salmon rigatoni was lack luster. It was dry and the salmon was scarce. It's sad their effort to support the troops comes up short. The financial bottom line on the free entree; it ended up as being around a 20% discount to the total bill with my wife and we didn't even have alcohol. It was a nice gesture, but falls a bit short especially considering the lack of effort in the veteran's only entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday DinnerDaveDined on 11/9/2014Reservation worked easy and we were seated within 2 minutes. Great food and the view was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Expensive for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014I went over for the free veteran's day special, and I was a bit surprised at the quality of the food. I ordered the tender meat medallions and not only were the portions rather small, but the meat itself was not very good. It had a strong charred taste and no actual meat flavor. I wasn't expecting gourmet food given that it was a free meal, but it was disappointing that the quality should be that bad. I couldn't understand how the original meal would cost $25. For some of my party who were not veterans and ordered normal menu options, the food did turn out pretty good, but once more, rather small portions.Special Features:
- leebDined on 11/9/2014The food is excellent, the view is wonderful, & the wait staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry, food not so goodChristineDined on 11/6/2014We have scallops which were too salty and Chilean Sea Bass, which was soft and mushy, with very little flavor. You don't serve bread? Probably a great view but we went after dark on a slow night. The redecoration of the restaurant is beautiful. Staff was very good, unfortunately the food was very average.
- A disappointmentbriarpatchDined on 11/4/2014Dinner was a gift from a friend. We used the opportunity for our anniversary, as a special night out as we live near the coast. To those of us in a rural environ, the prices were a tad steep. My wife's steak was excellent and just the right size. I ordered the Mahi-Mahi. The portion I was served was, to my opinion, miniscule. I would estimate at about 4 oz., or less. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- EatoutalotDined on 11/1/2014Food was good but not worth the money. Service was exceptionally slow.Special Features:
- grtfoodgyVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food and ambiance was spectacular. The view of the Harbor was superb.Special Features:
- Good but could be a lot betterBico959Dined on 10/11/2014We waited longer than expected for everything. The waiter didn't mention any specials (were there any?) and wasn't around enough. The food was mediocre and not the amazing fare I had years ago--like it sat under the heat lamp too long at the pass in the kitchen. The wine was expensive (even the cheap-0 bottles like Rex) OK food, but not for the price we paid. Dinner with drinks was almost $180. I had Mahi Mahi and my son had Oregon rock fish. Mine was overcooked, the veggies were way too salty, and the 6 pack of oysters on the half shell were not great. The shrimp appetizers were the best food we had. The mixed drinks however were amazing (the mint/cucumber martini was incredible despite the "we're out of cucumber").Special Features:
- Wonderful service, beautiful viewMariDined on 10/11/2014Wait staff very attentive and helpful - had 5 different staff stop by our table. Had a nice table next to the window for view of Lake Union, as requested. Waiter suggested "shrimp kisses" for appetizer - whole table raved about them! The 4 of us ordered different entrees and all were impressive to look at, however the flavors were just okay: The scallops were served pretty much raw and underseasoned. The salmon was supposed to have a pear-ginger "glaze" but no hint of any of that. On the Plus side: The sablefish and lingcod were cooked perfectly! Our out-of-town guests were happy they tried something new. Key Lime Pie was fabulous, and so was Choc. cake except it lacked the espresso flavor AND the beans that were described on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- speedybillydspeedybillydDined on 10/11/2014Very slow service!! Excellent dishes. Had the lobster bites and for you that don't like the work to extract lobster, definetly the way to go..Special Features:
- Pleasant Lakeside diningSnifftheplaterDined on 10/8/2014The large windows place one with the lake. It was fun to watch the birds and planes drifting about the sailboats. The crab / corn chowder was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014The food was very overpriced. It was a birthday for me which meant they brought me a little dessert and candle BUT they didn't tell me, let me order and pay for another dessert. I didn't need two desserts. The parking was supposed to be $3.50 with a stamp from the restaurant but a time limit was not mentioned. My daughter who was there 20 minutes less than I, paid the $3.50. We had to pay $12.00 because we overstayed the invisible time limit. I will not go back.Special Features:
- EnjoyableoutoftownerDined on 10/1/2014A great place for leisurely lunches and enjoying the expansive view of Lake Union comings and goings. The menu is varied; the prices are reasonable; the service is excellent and good-humored. What more could anyone want?Special Features:
- Excellent food, Excellent ServiceCharthouseDined on 9/30/2014The restaurant provided one of the best dining experiences in a long time. The atmosphere was quiet with a beautiful view and the service and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Steak SpecialMiriamVIPDined on 9/28/2014We ordered the Sunday Lobster and Steak Special. We have the special in the past and it was great. This time not so great.Special Features:
- not in a hurryMikeLisaDined on 9/26/2014The waiters and hosts were constantly interupting your meal. They came by 4 times, and just stood there staring, while my wife and I were having nice conversation. Quite irritating! Took an hour to get served. The ceasar salad is a home made vinegar and mayo dressing...not ceasar. Bread is stone cold.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Neither the food nor the service was of the quality that we are used to at other Landry's establishments
- Happy hour not to miss!rlb26Dined on 9/19/2014We went for dinner before heading to McCaw hall for a concert. Stopped into bar first as it was still happy hour. Had a glass of wine, a shrimp cocktail and the blue cheese and bacon chips! (YUM!!!) Then we went up to dinner. Hubby wanted the sea bass, but found out they were out AFTER we ordered... completley chef's fault. Our waiter felt bad. So, hubby got the scallops with mushroom risotto. He really enjoyed his meal. I ordered the parmesean crusted Oregon fish (can't remember the name of the fish). It was ok, but the parmesean took over the taste and the fish was a tad "fishy". Next time I would order a baked or broiled fresh fish. It was a fun date night before our concert and enjoyed dinner. Happy Hour not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not normal - Way OffJkt1Dined on 9/15/2014Not my firat visit, the entire experience was left wanting. Waited more than 10 minutes at greeter station before anyone came around to seat us. Had a rsnvn for 6 people at 6 o'clock and the person who finally came to the station couldn't locate it - we had received a confirmation email so I was surprised. Quality of food was much below my previous experiences both at this location and the Naples Florida location. Had I not had better experiences before I would not try again. That said I'll give them another try sometime, though not anytime soon. Sorry to say something was terribly off this time.Special Features:
- Needs a RefreshFremonterDined on 9/13/2014We used to go there frequently, but it has lost its edge. They were critically understaffed the night we were there. The space and view are spectacular so hopefully they will put in the investment to bring it back.Special Features:
- Ran out of specialTeejayDined on 9/1/2014I went there because they advertised a special steak and lobster for the Labor day week end. I was told they ran out the day before. So we finished our drinks, paid our $7 parking and left never to return. Always liked the food there and at the Seattle location. Unfortunately this was a 29th Anniversary.Special Features:
- Great view... not much elseAndyEDined on 9/1/2014The view of Lake Union is wonderful... perfect spot for out of town guests and tourists. And the fish we ordered was well-prepared. But the mashed potatoes were luke warm, bordering on cold; the cold slaw was soggy; the green beans were overcooked. Worse was the service, which was glacial. The waitress disappeared for long stretches of time. We were ready to order five or six minutes before she reappeared. One of our party insisted on giving her a second chance by ordering dessert. Same result: she gave us the menu and didn't return for twelve minutes!Special Features:
- Go anywhere else in SLUhjparkerDined on 8/31/2014Our server was covering the entire bar plus another section of 8+ tables. I felt bad for him, he was really sweet but totally overwhelmed with trying to cover happy hour customers in the bar and a table section. We ordered ice tea, but no one brought us sweetner or sugar. All the other tables around us got bread with their appetizers and salads. We finally found someone walking by and asked for service. The food was awful. There was no was taste or seasoning. The menu claimed my dish came prepared with a sauce, I couldn't find anything on my plate that resembled a "sauce". I would have mentioned this to our server, but he never came to the table to check on us after the food was delivered.Special Features:
- BIRTHDAY DINNERduck90Dined on 8/30/2014Loved the waiter NICK..he was very patient with our group dinner..reccommended a better seating..and informative with good food choices..the restaurant was clean n friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointedAugust2014Dined on 8/29/2014Looking forward to a nice romantic dinner overlooking the lake and was disappointed with overpriced corporate food.Special Features:
- DisappointedRoseGirlDined on 8/28/2014We had noted on the reservation that it was our anniversary. However, the restaurant didn't acknowledge that it was. Always before (we go to the Harborside every year for our anniversary) they would print a special menu stating which year anniversary we were celebrating. Very disappointed this year. The food was okay, not nearly as good as past years. Also, the service seemed very rushed and they were not at all busy so we just couldn't figure why they were in such a hurry to get us out of there. We went somewhere else for dessert and after dinner drinks.Special Features:
- Sunny day lunch at M&S HarborsideeatoutoftenDined on 8/25/2014Gorgeous view of Lake Union and all the people enjoying boats, SUPs, kayaks, etc on the water. Too bad the windows were so dirty in the restaurant. When the view is such an attraction at a restaurant like McCormick and Schmick's Harborside, they need to keep the windows cleaner. I was disappointed when the waiter forgot to ask me what side I wanted with my sandwich and instead just defaulted to the french fries. And the sandwich was stacked so tall it was impossible to eat like a sandwich! It all fell apart on my plate after covering my hands in crumbs and sauce. The items we ordered were very greasy - that was our fault for what we ordered. Dressing on the side for salad should not be overflowing on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding harbor viewtanedaDined on 8/23/2014this restaurant has one of the nicest views in Seattle. There is plenty of parking. the food is good but not excellent. The long cod was a bit bland. I know that it is a very mild fish but really it is a blank canvas awaiting the artistry of the chef. I would return but mostly for the view of the harbor and watching the airplanes taking off.Special Features:
- Nice Lake Union locationDamayVIPDined on 8/17/2014A perenially great restaurant. We enjoyed our fish...sablefish, sea bass, scallops. Everything wonderfully prepared. there is a nice casual outdoor patio, but it's location right off the parking lot takes away from the lake atmosphere. We ate up in the dining room, much nicer locationSpecial Features:
- Not recommendedNotapickyeaterDined on 8/15/2014We decided to finally use a gift card for this place. We were quite disappointed with the food, especially a place that 'specializes' in seafood. Both of our fish were dry. The place was dead on a Friday night; and now we know why.Special Features:
- hungryDined on 8/12/2014Mixed feelings. The setting is very nice by the lake. The food is pretty good, but somewhat overpriced for what you get. The wait staff could do a better job of staying on top of refilling water and supplying bread.Special Features:
- Great view, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Lovely view of the busy Lake Union...lots to see! Food was good...not exceptional. Sablefish was yummy, scallops were more potatoes than scallops! Service was good...would hate to see it when busy though.Special Features: