McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
1200 Westlake Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborsideseattle.com/
- Phone: 2062709052x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Westcott
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: McCormick & Schmick's Harborside's four private dining and function rooms are perfect for catered affairs and meetings. Please contact our Director of Catering at 206-270-8815 to discuss your event needs. Off site catering is also available. There are food minimums and geographic restrictions assessed for off site catering.
- Cross Street: Highland Drive
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: At the bottom of the ramp in the lower Republic parking lot, there is parking for a minimal fee. This lot is directly in front of the restaurant and we validate parking for $3.25.
From 8:00am – 4:00pm, parking on Westlake is metered with the city. After 4:00pm parking is free without a time limit in this area.
A word from McCormick and Schmick's Harborside
This beautiful restaurant located on Lake Union offers spectacular waterfront views and contemporary Northwest cuisine with a dedication to seasonality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)special occasion (38)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- BIRTHDAY DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Loved the waiter NICK..he was very patient with our group dinner..reccommended a better seating..and informative with good food choices..the restaurant was clean n friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Looking forward to a nice romantic dinner overlooking the lake and was disappointed with overpriced corporate food.Special Features:
- DisappointedRoseGirlDined on 8/28/2014We had noted on the reservation that it was our anniversary. However, the restaurant didn't acknowledge that it was. Always before (we go to the Harborside every year for our anniversary) they would print a special menu stating which year anniversary we were celebrating. Very disappointed this year. The food was okay, not nearly as good as past years. Also, the service seemed very rushed and they were not at all busy so we just couldn't figure why they were in such a hurry to get us out of there. We went somewhere else for dessert and after dinner drinks.Special Features:
- Sunny day lunch at M&S HarborsideeatoutoftenDined on 8/25/2014Gorgeous view of Lake Union and all the people enjoying boats, SUPs, kayaks, etc on the water. Too bad the windows were so dirty in the restaurant. When the view is such an attraction at a restaurant like McCormick and Schmick's Harborside, they need to keep the windows cleaner. I was disappointed when the waiter forgot to ask me what side I wanted with my sandwich and instead just defaulted to the french fries. And the sandwich was stacked so tall it was impossible to eat like a sandwich! It all fell apart on my plate after covering my hands in crumbs and sauce. The items we ordered were very greasy - that was our fault for what we ordered. Dressing on the side for salad should not be overflowing on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lake Union locationDamayVIPDined on 8/17/2014A perenially great restaurant. We enjoyed our fish...sablefish, sea bass, scallops. Everything wonderfully prepared. there is a nice casual outdoor patio, but it's location right off the parking lot takes away from the lake atmosphere. We ate up in the dining room, much nicer locationSpecial Features:
- Not recommendedNotapickyeaterDined on 8/15/2014We decided to finally use a gift card for this place. We were quite disappointed with the food, especially a place that 'specializes' in seafood. Both of our fish were dry. The place was dead on a Friday night; and now we know why.Special Features:
- hungryDined on 8/12/2014Mixed feelings. The setting is very nice by the lake. The food is pretty good, but somewhat overpriced for what you get. The wait staff could do a better job of staying on top of refilling water and supplying bread.Special Features:
- Great view, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Lovely view of the busy Lake Union...lots to see! Food was good...not exceptional. Sablefish was yummy, scallops were more potatoes than scallops! Service was good...would hate to see it when busy though.Special Features:
- For the price the good wasn't goodLunchMattDined on 7/30/2014I regret to give less-than-positive feedback but based on my lunch reservation the food was mediocre which for the price is an undesirable experience. I ordered two calamari appetizers ($14 per, if I recall correctly) and the there wasn't much calamari in the order an there were more vegetables than calamari. What calamari there was seemed to have sat for some time as it wasn't warm. Let's just say it wasn't good... My meal had a big portion (salmon over rice). I believe quantity won out over quality. Luckily the view is great and the weather was good so the overall experience was average at best. On the upside the website was good for reservations. I liked the e-mail confirmation and reminder about the reservation sent the day prior.Special Features:
- Great Place!CuppacoffiDined on 7/26/2014This is a great place to dine! The service was impeccable, the food was delicious, the view was impressive!Special Features:
- Best part is vieweggsDined on 7/21/2014We came for the view of lake union and all the yachts, seaplane action, kayaks,etc. That did not disappoint. My first impression was not great, as the chair seats and variety under the tables were very dirty. The restaurant was not busy at all as the last time we visited, so idle bus personnel could have been cleaning that. The menu had some great fish choices and we both enjoyed fresh halibut. Green beans were too al dente. Drinks were prepared well. Desserts nice. Wait staff were pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Happy HourKissincousinsDined on 7/21/2014Great drinks and flavorful, varied happy hour menu. Offers a nice and very casually elegant space for entertaining while enjoying the view. Happy hour prices are attractive. Music was a bit loud, but the bartender was able to adjust sound volume by our table so we could have conversation without shouting or difficulty. Bathrooms were spotless. Service very helpful but unobtrusive. We enjoyed the afternoon very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HarborsideMrTwistDined on 7/20/2014Great place, had a good time, enjoyed the ambience and the cuisine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This was our first time visiting. We found it to be overpriced for the food and service we recieved.Special Features:
- Bad Service Plus Poor Foodseattle1crkDined on 7/19/2014Chose this restaurant for our out-of-town guests, and because it was previously top notch. We hoped that the mediocre service would not be notable if the food was superb, but no such luck. The salad was poor quality and bitter with way too much dressing, which was laced with garlic. The entrees were nothing special and were small in portion size. Above all, it was the service which made this experience so bad. We had to get up from the table twice, to go and find our server. He never smiled, and acted as if waiting on us was a nuisance.Special Features:
- Dreadful Service - Excellent FoodChrisdianneDined on 7/16/2014My host, Neil Beaton, had never dined there before and was very impressed with the decor, view and menu. By the time we left, he said "I probably won't come back again." The service was terrible, one server for a large area. Our empty appetizer plate sat on the table for about 30 minutes, as did our dinner plates after that The food came up in good time, but the table was never bussed. When 2 people have a bill for almost $100, we expect far better service. We were both very disappointed. The food, however, was excellent. He had the sea bass and I had the mahi mahiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something was off....CuthbertDined on 7/12/2014. Only one serving person for entire bar/deck area -- on a beautiful, warm, Saturday evening; . Music volume very, very LOUD. Asked the serving person if it could be turned down, and was advised that the volume level was set at the corporate level, and could not be changed. Odd. One of our party eventually went inside and spoke to someone, who turned the outside deck volume down -- much to the relief of all the tables; . Because only one serving person working the entire area, beverage and food delivery was very, slow, and sometimes things had to be requested multiple times; . Have been to this location many times -- but something was very off about this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We miss the old restaurantDeniserellaDined on 7/11/2014M&S Harborside has changed a lot since we last visited. The menu is still varied (prices on the high side) but we're not fans of the redecorating. Our table had a view of downtown with a partial view of the water and was separated from the other portion of the restaurant by a wall of curved seating arrangements. The other side of the restaurant had better water views. Service was excellent and the food was good but expensive. Our group had "under 21" diners so we couldn't take advantage of the outdoor bar area, which would have been a more lively (possibly cheaper) and sunny experience.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014I had the fish tacos and the fish was overcooked, sides were not tasty. My wife was also disappointed with her food; a salad. It's a beautiful setting but just much less than I expected from a usually reliable chain.
- DisappointingMooshiegirlVIPDined on 7/10/2014This was my second try at the Harborside McCormick and Schmick. The first time, I gave them the excuse that it was a busy night and so quality of food standards were not being kept because of the rush. This visit, however, the restaurant was quite empty and the food, again, was very poor. I only ate 10% of my plate, and that was all side dishes. Even with all of the food on my plate and refusing a to-go box, our server did not ask if the meal had been okay. Also, although it is not required, a standard of a great restaurant is attention to detail like asking if there is a special occasion being celebrated. This was my birthday dinner that I didn't even eat and cost me over $60. I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem for LunchSeattleErikDined on 7/7/2014McCormick and Schmick's Harborside is the perfect place for lunch when you want to be able to have a great meal, conduct business and enjoy a wonderful view. Many lunch spots are either too casual or too noisy--this restaurant was perfect for a recent business lunch with an out-of-town colleague--AND there's ample parking!Special Features:
- Poor Quality Service and FoodBallardVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a very disappointing dinner at the Harbor Side on July 6th. The excuse was it was the fourth of July weekend. The food quality was poor and the services was mediocre. Poor value and quality.Special Features:
- Great foodMiriamVIPDined on 7/5/2014We ordered the lobster and steak special. The special came with a lobster tail and filet, and vegetable. Also a large salad and apple crumble with ice cream. It was wonderful. One of the best meals we have had.Special Features:
- Great view. Food/service, okEncantavidaDined on 7/4/2014This was a perfect venue for 4th July. With a window seat, we had a fantastic view of the fireworks on lake Union. The food, whilst extremely tasty, was merely warm when served. Not sure if this was just the night that was in it as they were so busy but still, I buy food, especially at these prices, I'd like it hot. We did check in 15 mins before our reservation as we were hoping for a window seat but were still told they didn't know what table we would be given. The maître d seemed a bit hassled and a little bit short with us but we got the window table which was great. Table service was fine. All in all, we had a fantastic night. We would go back. The view is great and I'd hope the warm food was a once off. We'll see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food if you want to waitRunners2Dined on 7/4/2014My boyfriend and I went here for our one year dating anniversary. The restaurant validates parking for 2 hours and I remember thinking we would be done with time to spare. Wrong! It took awhile to be greeted, Longer than expected for drinks, and we skipped appetizers and went straight to entres. I had a simply grilled salmon and my boyfriend had pork with pasta. My order came out wrong and I waited another 10 minutes for it to be changed. The food was awesome but it was overshadowed by how long we waited for everything. We waited for the check and just made the 2 hour mark by 1 minute. Definitely reccomend coming here only if you are not on any time schedule.Special Features:
- Dinner in the main dining roomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014I was disappointed in the service and the quality of the food. It was not the level of quality that I have enjoyed at M&S for many years. I think I will look elsewhere for good seafood in the future.
- Eh.LikesFoodDined on 7/4/2014Overall, meal was eh. Altogether, it was a special bday dinner and I would rate it as 2 stars, overall.
- perfect view, good foodladiesnightoutDined on 7/1/2014Lovely table with a view of the Duck Dodge Tuesday evening. Brought some East coast friends to dine with us. Our waiter was ok, but when I asked if he could make an entree out of the crabcake, he told me I shoukd just order 2 or order a side dish with it. Usually, most restaurants check eith the kitchen and come back and just tell me how much it would cost. As it turns out, I ordered the risotto with it and a side salad, and it was great. We began at 6:20 in the evening and at 9:55 they turned on the bright overhead lights. I think k it might have been better if they had let us know they were closing. ?.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut was over cooked and dryKCiaccioDined on 6/27/2014We will not be returning, over all disatisfied with the man courses. Expensive for the quality that wa served.
- Skippy2eatVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had an excellent brunch experience Sunday afternoon. The view of Lake Union was 180 degrees of prime Seattle action, especially since it was 70 and sunny outside. Having both a brunch menu and the lunch/ dinner menu was very nice, as some of the party wanted breakfast and others wanted an early dinner. McCormick and Schmick's seems to be a standard of great food and attentive service. I would definitely go back the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view and tasty foodLavenderTrinVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went on Fathers Day and had a window seat with a great view of Lake Union. The food and service were top notch. This is always a favorite spot for us to dine.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The harbor view is the only thing I'd return for. I ordered Ciopinno which was served with a section of crab legs in the stew. Very messy. The accompanying bread was an over-toasted heel. The other 3 diners at my table were equally unimpressed. Our waiter apologized for running out of bread...but we had to ask for it. The noise level was almost painful. I'm happy to pay their prices if the experience is outstanding...it wasn't.
- Favorite Birthday Celebration SpotJoyBirdDined on 6/13/2014The Halibut was "melt in your mouth" good and fresh. The New York Steak my son ordered was the best he's ever eaten.Special Features:
- We eat here every monthMiriamVIPDined on 6/7/2014We both had the pan seared halibut in season. It was great. The service was great. We also enjoy the view.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealAnnieDined on 6/5/2014Perfect Seattle setting to enjoy a delicious meal. Lovely view of the sea planes taking off in Lake Union and the food is deliciously prepared. Very attentive wait staff. Nothing negative to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDBonMIVIPDined on 6/4/2014Not my first time to the restaurant but will certainly be my last. Service was poor at best, dirty glassware and utensils and the food was bland.Special Features:
- Highly recommendMICKDined on 6/3/2014Their reputation speaks for its self. As great as always I can't wait to be back next month.Special Features:
- Strangest M and S ever?ratlasDined on 6/1/2014we were looking for a romantic seafood restaurant in Seattle and found our McCormicks' Harborside. we have eaten at other McCormicks around the country so we knew what to expect. We thought we did. The restaurant looked like an undecorated coffee shop. My salmon was overcooked, and I had to go to the bar to retrieve my drink. it was a strange experience.
- UW1211Dined on 6/1/2014I took my daughter to lunch and we loved the place! Great view, food, ans service.Special Features:
- Good - not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Restaurant was VERY quiet only a few of us dining on Saturday night. Service was great, view was amazing and food was good. Steak was a bit over cooked and dry but all the seafood was well prepared.Special Features: