McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
34 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Boston
- Phone: (617) 482-3999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Hopp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to our traditional dining areas, we also offer beautiful semi private and private rooms warmly accented in rich mahogany, beveled glass and polished brass. These areas are built to suit parties of 10 up to 100 and exhibit the many possibilities to charm and impress your guests. Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner or a company reception, it will be our pleasure to assist you in the planning of your event. Please do not hesitate to contact our Catering Sales Manager at 617.482.3999 or email@example.com.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
Conveniently located in the Boston Park Plaza Hotel adjacent to the Theater District, the Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Bay Village and the South End, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant maintains a stellar reputation for uncompromising value and quality. Whether meeting for lunch, dinner, drinks or after theater dining, McCormick & Schmick's is the ultimate choice for family, friends, visitors and business associates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (27)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- chain restaurantmartyandjoeDined on 11/22/2014service good , all food arrived room temperature, forgot one entrée , way overpriced , not much taste,too much competition in boston to waste a meal here. hate to send food back at a place like this because who knows what you may get back. best to eat and leave. good bottle of malbec though, no French wine on list , very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightBigDVIPDined on 11/21/2014The restaurant has closed in booths with ceiling high seat backs that give the feel of private dining. Excellent menu, great service and made a nice night out a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for private dining!westenderVIPDined on 11/21/2014We went to celebrate our 18th anniversary. I mentioned this when I made the reservation and asked to sit in one of the private areas they call 'snugs'. They seated us there and our menus had 'Happy Anniversary' on the top! Our server never rushed us and gave us plenty of privacy. Our fish entrees were both really good. We splurged on dessert, and the molten chocolate cake was an anniversary present from the restaurant. Overall, it was a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, about fish and more!GembythebayDined on 11/18/2014Up to the same standards as always, the gem on Columbus Ave in Boston served up excellent and attentive service, good alcoholic beverages and great fish (as well as excellent oysters). We were tempted but did not succumb to desert after a lovely meal. And, lest I forget, the bread is warm and sourdough- yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delivers a Great Dining ExperienceBruceVIPDined on 11/16/2014We're no strangers to M&S, although this was our first visit to the Boston location. We've enjoyed dining in their restaurants in Seattle and San Francisco, and this week's dinner in Boston was every bit as good. A great choice for seafood or steaks. My wife said her Carpaccio appetizer was the best she's ever had. Her entree, parmesan-crusted chicken over linguini, was excellent, and I absolutely loved my choice of seared scallops, served over spinach and mashed potatoes. Portions were sufficiently generous that we left no room for dessert. If there's a M&S in any city we visit, we are sure to go for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014The foord was excellent and everything else was excellent, I am not great with words except to say, the yhave earned my respect and I will revisit the restaurant again. Thank you. Happy veteran's DaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night OutVeteransDined on 11/9/2014McCormick & Schmick's Park Plaza was wonderful. My wife has the Landry's dinning club card and an email came to her for Veterans Day. It mentioned McCormick & Schmick's as one of the restaurants featuring specials for Veterans. My wife wanted to honor me for my service in the Navy and surprised me with a dinner invitation. It was great food, great service, and a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We were disappointed that the advertised wine special for Veterans was not available at the downtown Boston location. But the food pffered was very much appreciated and we would certainly return again and tell our friends about the restaurant. Thank you for caring about Vets.Special Features:
- Veterans DayVeteranDined on 11/9/2014Very appreciative of the Veterans Day recognition. I live in the Boston area and had never been before. After such a fulfilling experience, will plan to visit again and suggest this to others, thank youSpecial Features:
- Veteran's Day mealhalliegDined on 11/9/2014What a wonderful thing that this restaurant does every year for our veterans. The menu had a little bit of everything on it so everyone found something that they could eat. The food was terrific, as always, and the service couldn't have been better. They have the most extensive fish menu during regular days and I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Nice Veteran's Day eventAndyDined on 11/9/2014Very nice Veteran's Day event. Good choices. Good staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater choicepjm1Dined on 11/8/2014We had a 5pm reservation before a 7pm event at the Wang. Valet parking is only $16 for the night, which is a great deal.Despite the reservations and not being crowded it took a while to get our table, menus, etc. The waitstaff was friendly, the salad and roasted broccoli we got as starters was yummy. The dinners themselves were only ok, and the slow service meant no time for dessert. We asked if we could come back for dessert after the show, and were told "sure." When we can back around. 9:45, no host to be found. When she turned up , she hesitated to seat us and said she had to check something. She was gone 10-15 minutes, and we considered leaving. My husband went to look for her and found our waitress who seated us. So, a mixed night.
- BOSTON TRIPddinerDined on 11/3/2014Stopped here for lunch before leaving Boston and had a wonderful lunch with appetizers, fish and desert. The Clam Chowder was probably the best I had my whole trip and I ordered clam chowder at every restaurant I went to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit with sonLovegoodcookingDined on 11/1/2014My sons favorite restaurant. Always requests it when we visit. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what you getArchCaliberXDined on 10/30/2014The food was alright, but for $100.00 for two people including 2 entries, 1 wine, free bread, 1 desert, 1 soup, a shot of Jin and a tip, I could have dined at a better local fish joint and had money left over for the cab. If you're staying at the Park Plaza Hotel in Boston, the restaurant is in the building, and given what the Hotel charges for room service, this is a better bet it you need a later dinner after traveling all day. A cross between Red Lobster and an upscale Irish Grill, I think most people who eat there are probably there for the bar which looked well stocked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise!westenderVIPDined on 10/24/2014We chose S&W for dinner before a show in the Theatre District. Not too far at all. We were very impressed with the friendly greeting when we arrived, and the handsome décor, with many small semi-private tables (for 6 max) were a great surprise. Made dinner cozy and muted the noise from other diners and the overall music. All 4 of us ordered just a main course - crusted flounder, tilapia (2) and trout. All plates were cleaned! Our pleasant server did not forget us, even though we were a bit secluded. We even had time to share a lovely crème brulee before leaving for the show! We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcriticwitchElizabethDined on 10/12/2014Overall enjoyable experience, good service, good food! Blue crab and corn chowder was delicious. Desserts, including the Boston Crème Cake and Strawberry Shortcake were splendid. Thank you for a great night!Special Features:
- Highly disappointed!BusinessdinerDined on 10/9/2014The service was good...most everything was not. Empty restaurant but was seated in clear view of scaffolding. Then the fire alarms went off and no staff moved as the noise continued through 1/3 of our meal. The soup and oysters were good...however, beef medallions not presented well...just seemed to be plopped on plate...overdone for medium, then replacement medallions arrived rare Sautéed spinach was greasy and the bordelaise sauce was flavorless. Lobster was also dry and not sweet at all. What surprised me most was waiter kept telling us the Manager was told of issues but manager never came over.For a meal over $100, excluding tips and not including alcohol, the price was not even close to making it worth it. Restaurant very poor!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceFortheloveofLarryDined on 10/7/2014Our server was wonderfully attentive, the ambiance was very attractive, the food...a bit spicy for my taste. Overall, a really nice place...just not my usual taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family DinnerLikeToEatDined on 10/5/2014On my second trip to M & S, I took my entire family of 5 and got to the restaurant 20 minutes ahead of our reservation for 7pm and due to their busy night, we waited half an hour (7:10pm, 10 minutes after our reservation) to get our table for 5. The waitstaff and hostess did apologize though and we got a private booth, so that we nice We got bread immediately this time. All of our orders were delicious (Filet Mignon, Beef Medallion, Salmon Special, Steak and Shrimp Scampi, and Stuffed Shrimp). We also all ordered dessert (Apple Pie, Cheese Cake, Creme Brulet, Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Bag). It was a wonderful dinner and the manager, Ted, did stop by to see how we were doing and though it was late dinner, it was a great experience!!!Special Features:
- DisappointingSantiumDined on 10/4/2014A nice menu, friendly and attentive service. Food presentation was so so, but preparation went wrong somewhere - the taste of appetizers (crab cake) and entrees (lobster) amateurish and sloppy. Crab cake was fresh but had no substance and tasted bland and stringy. Lobster tasted fishy. One night misshap? Not sure if I want to find out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unacceptable all aroundjake0909VIPDined on 10/2/2014All 4 of us ordered different seafood dishes. All 4 were ghastly. Food took over an hour to be delivered-no apps, only wine. Salmon was ordered rare (we emphasized this twice) Came out well done. 'Oven-roasted root vegetables were badly charred. Swordfish was so over-cooked: unrecognizable as swordfish. Fries with the shrimp were lukewarm. 3 of the 4 entrees were $30 each, toward high end of their prices. We expressed displeasure when plates were collected (most food uneaten); they 'comped' us one of the entrees, and offered a lame excuse about how the 'chef' operates. Server did not recognize 'VO Manhattan' cocktail --Asked me to write it out on a notepad. A truly disappointing experience. Never again.
- Romantic 60th Birthday Celebration!LuvthenorthendDined on 10/2/2014When we got to the restaurant, on the menu they had Happy Birthday Steve! Amazing I have some food allergies so Chef Steve came out and made me a delicious special meal. Our waitress Ann went above and beyond to make our dinner wonderful. Steve absolutely loved his meal and cocktail. I would highly recommend this restaurant, they go above and beyond to make your dining experience great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night on the town!lexahope15Dined on 10/1/2014My boyfriend and I came for dinner here to celebrate a special occasion and we had an incredible time. The wait staff was so attentive, the food was served promptly and was impeccable. It was the perfect place for a romantic night out!!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and FoodLikeToEatDined on 9/28/2014My Wife and I decided to have Sunday Dinner (with the kids!) and picked McCormick and Schmick's (M & S) in Boston - Park Plaza. The food was great (had the steak and lobster special) and my wife had the pre-fixe dinner and she enjoyed it as well. The ambiance was quiet and romantic and the waitstaff was friendly. There were minor distraction that otherwise would have received a full 5-star review and they are: The bread was forgotten, but when reminded after we finished our appetizers, they were cold. I was hoping for freshly baked warm bread. The coffee did not have cream! That is odd! But other than that, I would highly recommend this restaurant and to prove it, I will be going again tonight with my entire family (my three kids)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!CtdinerDined on 9/26/2014Everything was delicious, service was great. A perfect seafood dinner before a show at the Wilbur!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointingMysticODBVIPDined on 9/24/2014We were there for 3 hours on a Wednesday it was not busy. All drinks and food items were sitting for a LONG time before we received them. While the waitress was attentive she was gone for very long stretches of time. All drinks and Martini glasses delivered sweating = no longer cold drinks, all plates served super hot=food was under a heat lamp for a very long time. My steak ordered rare served medium well, the follow up steak did not come out until after I had to ask if it was coming out again and then it came after the whole table was completely finished eating which makes no sense at all, this steak was grey as in not seared nor cooked properly and was also not seasoned. Bad service, underwhelming food, prepare to spend a long time here.
- Good food.LovegoodcookingDined on 9/1/2014Server Catherine was excellent as was the food. The lobster bisque was outstanding. Very enjoyable evening with our son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week was great!DunnoDined on 8/25/2014I took a friend out-to-dinner last night (Monday, August 26) at McCormick & Schmick! We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and had lobsters! Food was great! Service was excellent and friendly! And the menu selection was an amazingly sweet deal!Special Features:
- Top Quality SeafoodTAJODined on 8/24/2014We were a group of 4 and all had seafood) of one type or another (salmon, trout, shrimp, scallops). All were well prepared and quite tasty. Our waitress was excellent. Very cordial and not stuffy at all. The atmosphere is first class.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great server, I think his name was Tino, not sure. Also Dave (Manager) was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Everything was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating my nephew's 21st birthday and we had a wonderful meal and special birthday dessert. The manager was exceptionally nice, Ted and made sure that we were satisfied with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious!MsJazzyDVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great food! Impeccable service! Outstanding friendly staff! My server, Michael, provided excellent service and had a wonderful sense of humor. My dining experience was further enhanced when my table was visited by the General Manager, David Wilson, who genuinely cared that his patrons had a delightful dining experience at his restaurant. McCormick & Schmick's has been my favorite restaurant for years, and even though ownership has changed over the years...it is still #1. I will be returning again soon.Special Features:
- Great romantic dinner!Foodie2Dined on 8/17/2014Food was great, ambience was romantic and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We ate dinner before going to see Jackson Browne at the Opera House. Food was very good. The wait staff was helpful and friendly.thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissappontedAlikat81Dined on 8/10/2014We came to this location to celebrate our anniversary and it was probably one of the worst experiences ever. The service was horrible and there was hair in my food. I will never step back into this place again. Absolutely disgusted.
- Boston Anniversary dinnerFun2dineDined on 8/9/2014I had a great time. Thought the restaurant greeted us very well accommodated a a change in the reservation very easily. The food was very good and the staff was very friendly. All around great experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service!diner2618Dined on 8/1/2014Went there Park Plaza Boston location) to celebrate my birthday and I was not disappointed! We (my husband and sister) were treated wonderfully, a menu with my "Happy Birthday, name" on it, directed to a private room with a VIP table tent, and a wonderful molten lava chocolate cake for a surprise dessert! Husband ordered beef tenderloins and King Crab (beef was wonderful!) and my sister and I ordered the seafood trilogy- the stuffed shrimp was beautiful and the salmon cooked perfectly. Our server was Tian, and he was so attentive and knowledgable. The manager came over to ensure all was good. It was a fabulous evening, and I would return in a heartbeat. Thank you for A wonderful memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1097 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza reviews archive.
- Such a great night!DVillanuevaDined on 7/19/2014I loved this experience. My husband & I attended dinner here for our 8 year wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved it, the food was good & the service was even better. I couldnt have asked for a better night. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLucyBDined on 7/19/2014Service was exceedingly slow on a night that appeared to have many staff and not so many diners. Worse, two of three entrees were fair only. My flounder was "fishy," which for flounder usually means not fresh, and greasy. The butternut squash risotto should have been labeled "garlic risotto." Had the food been decent and the service better, we might not have minded the overly chatty waiter, but on this night it was just an additional annoyance. We will not got to this restaurant again nor recommend it.