McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
34 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Boston
- Phone: 6174823999x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Hopp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to our traditional dining areas, we also offer beautiful semi private and private rooms warmly accented in rich mahogany, beveled glass and polished brass. These areas are built to suit parties of 10 up to 100 and exhibit the many possibilities to charm and impress your guests. Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner or a company reception, it will be our pleasure to assist you in the planning of your event. Please do not hesitate to contact our Catering Sales Manager at 617.482.3999 or email@example.com.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
Conveniently located in the Boston Park Plaza Hotel adjacent to the Theater District, the Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Bay Village and the South End, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant maintains a stellar reputation for uncompromising value and quality. Whether meeting for lunch, dinner, drinks or after theater dining, McCormick & Schmick's is the ultimate choice for family, friends, visitors and business associates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (32)romantic (20)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- foodcriticwitchElizabethDined on 10/12/2014Overall enjoyable experience, good service, good food! Blue crab and corn chowder was delicious. Desserts, including the Boston Crème Cake and Strawberry Shortcake were splendid. Thank you for a great night!Special Features:
- Highly disappointed!BusinessdinerDined on 10/9/2014The service was good...most everything was not. Empty restaurant but was seated in clear view of scaffolding. Then the fire alarms went off and no staff moved as the noise continued through 1/3 of our meal. The soup and oysters were good...however, beef medallions not presented well...just seemed to be plopped on plate...overdone for medium, then replacement medallions arrived rare Sautéed spinach was greasy and the bordelaise sauce was flavorless. Lobster was also dry and not sweet at all. What surprised me most was waiter kept telling us the Manager was told of issues but manager never came over.For a meal over $100, excluding tips and not including alcohol, the price was not even close to making it worth it. Restaurant very poor!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceFortheloveofLarryDined on 10/7/2014Our server was wonderfully attentive, the ambiance was very attractive, the food...a bit spicy for my taste. Overall, a really nice place...just not my usual taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family DinnerLikeToEatDined on 10/5/2014On my second trip to M & S, I took my entire family of 5 and got to the restaurant 20 minutes ahead of our reservation for 7pm and due to their busy night, we waited half an hour (7:10pm, 10 minutes after our reservation) to get our table for 5. The waitstaff and hostess did apologize though and we got a private booth, so that we nice We got bread immediately this time. All of our orders were delicious (Filet Mignon, Beef Medallion, Salmon Special, Steak and Shrimp Scampi, and Stuffed Shrimp). We also all ordered dessert (Apple Pie, Cheese Cake, Creme Brulet, Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Bag). It was a wonderful dinner and the manager, Ted, did stop by to see how we were doing and though it was late dinner, it was a great experience!!!Special Features:
- DisappointingSantiumDined on 10/4/2014A nice menu, friendly and attentive service. Food presentation was so so, but preparation went wrong somewhere - the taste of appetizers (crab cake) and entrees (lobster) amateurish and sloppy. Crab cake was fresh but had no substance and tasted bland and stringy. Lobster tasted fishy. One night misshap? Not sure if I want to find out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unacceptable all aroundjake0909VIPDined on 10/2/2014All 4 of us ordered different seafood dishes. All 4 were ghastly. Food took over an hour to be delivered-no apps, only wine. Salmon was ordered rare (we emphasized this twice) Came out well done. 'Oven-roasted root vegetables were badly charred. Swordfish was so over-cooked: unrecognizable as swordfish. Fries with the shrimp were lukewarm. 3 of the 4 entrees were $30 each, toward high end of their prices. We expressed displeasure when plates were collected (most food uneaten); they 'comped' us one of the entrees, and offered a lame excuse about how the 'chef' operates. Server did not recognize 'VO Manhattan' cocktail --Asked me to write it out on a notepad. A truly disappointing experience. Never again.
- Romantic 60th Birthday Celebration!LuvthenorthendDined on 10/2/2014When we got to the restaurant, on the menu they had Happy Birthday Steve! Amazing I have some food allergies so Chef Steve came out and made me a delicious special meal. Our waitress Ann went above and beyond to make our dinner wonderful. Steve absolutely loved his meal and cocktail. I would highly recommend this restaurant, they go above and beyond to make your dining experience great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night on the town!lexahope15Dined on 10/1/2014My boyfriend and I came for dinner here to celebrate a special occasion and we had an incredible time. The wait staff was so attentive, the food was served promptly and was impeccable. It was the perfect place for a romantic night out!!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and FoodLikeToEatDined on 9/28/2014My Wife and I decided to have Sunday Dinner (with the kids!) and picked McCormick and Schmick's (M & S) in Boston - Park Plaza. The food was great (had the steak and lobster special) and my wife had the pre-fixe dinner and she enjoyed it as well. The ambiance was quiet and romantic and the waitstaff was friendly. There were minor distraction that otherwise would have received a full 5-star review and they are: The bread was forgotten, but when reminded after we finished our appetizers, they were cold. I was hoping for freshly baked warm bread. The coffee did not have cream! That is odd! But other than that, I would highly recommend this restaurant and to prove it, I will be going again tonight with my entire family (my three kids)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!CtdinerDined on 9/26/2014Everything was delicious, service was great. A perfect seafood dinner before a show at the Wilbur!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointingMysticODBVIPDined on 9/24/2014We were there for 3 hours on a Wednesday it was not busy. All drinks and food items were sitting for a LONG time before we received them. While the waitress was attentive she was gone for very long stretches of time. All drinks and Martini glasses delivered sweating = no longer cold drinks, all plates served super hot=food was under a heat lamp for a very long time. My steak ordered rare served medium well, the follow up steak did not come out until after I had to ask if it was coming out again and then it came after the whole table was completely finished eating which makes no sense at all, this steak was grey as in not seared nor cooked properly and was also not seasoned. Bad service, underwhelming food, prepare to spend a long time here.
- Good food.LovegoodcookingDined on 9/1/2014Server Catherine was excellent as was the food. The lobster bisque was outstanding. Very enjoyable evening with our son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week was great!DunnoDined on 8/25/2014I took a friend out-to-dinner last night (Monday, August 26) at McCormick & Schmick! We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and had lobsters! Food was great! Service was excellent and friendly! And the menu selection was an amazingly sweet deal!Special Features:
- Top Quality SeafoodTAJODined on 8/24/2014We were a group of 4 and all had seafood) of one type or another (salmon, trout, shrimp, scallops). All were well prepared and quite tasty. Our waitress was excellent. Very cordial and not stuffy at all. The atmosphere is first class.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great server, I think his name was Tino, not sure. Also Dave (Manager) was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Everything was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating my nephew's 21st birthday and we had a wonderful meal and special birthday dessert. The manager was exceptionally nice, Ted and made sure that we were satisfied with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious!MsJazzyDVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great food! Impeccable service! Outstanding friendly staff! My server, Michael, provided excellent service and had a wonderful sense of humor. My dining experience was further enhanced when my table was visited by the General Manager, David Wilson, who genuinely cared that his patrons had a delightful dining experience at his restaurant. McCormick & Schmick's has been my favorite restaurant for years, and even though ownership has changed over the years...it is still #1. I will be returning again soon.Special Features:
- Great romantic dinner!Foodie2Dined on 8/17/2014Food was great, ambience was romantic and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We ate dinner before going to see Jackson Browne at the Opera House. Food was very good. The wait staff was helpful and friendly.thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissappontedAlikat81Dined on 8/10/2014We came to this location to celebrate our anniversary and it was probably one of the worst experiences ever. The service was horrible and there was hair in my food. I will never step back into this place again. Absolutely disgusted.
- Boston Anniversary dinnerFun2dineDined on 8/9/2014I had a great time. Thought the restaurant greeted us very well accommodated a a change in the reservation very easily. The food was very good and the staff was very friendly. All around great experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service!diner2618Dined on 8/1/2014Went there Park Plaza Boston location) to celebrate my birthday and I was not disappointed! We (my husband and sister) were treated wonderfully, a menu with my "Happy Birthday, name" on it, directed to a private room with a VIP table tent, and a wonderful molten lava chocolate cake for a surprise dessert! Husband ordered beef tenderloins and King Crab (beef was wonderful!) and my sister and I ordered the seafood trilogy- the stuffed shrimp was beautiful and the salmon cooked perfectly. Our server was Tian, and he was so attentive and knowledgable. The manager came over to ensure all was good. It was a fabulous evening, and I would return in a heartbeat. Thank you for A wonderful memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great night!DVillanuevaDined on 7/19/2014I loved this experience. My husband & I attended dinner here for our 8 year wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved it, the food was good & the service was even better. I couldnt have asked for a better night. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLucyBDined on 7/19/2014Service was exceedingly slow on a night that appeared to have many staff and not so many diners. Worse, two of three entrees were fair only. My flounder was "fishy," which for flounder usually means not fresh, and greasy. The butternut squash risotto should have been labeled "garlic risotto." Had the food been decent and the service better, we might not have minded the overly chatty waiter, but on this night it was just an additional annoyance. We will not got to this restaurant again nor recommend it.
- MediocreJeffDined on 7/19/2014Bacon wrapped shrimp amazing. Shrimp in pasta were tiny and clearly frozen. Boston Cyrene pie was also dry and clearly frozen. Would rather goto Legal across the street.
- SurprisedJennDined on 7/13/2014I have eaten at many McCormicks in the US and this one was a surprising disappointment. We had to make multiple requests to our waitress for silverware and drinks. The food was below average in comparison to other M&S. The lobster was extremely overdone and my sons chicken fingers and fries were burnt and had to be sent back. I sadly would not recommend this particular McCormicks.
- Very Good, Especially for a ChainCasualDinerDined on 7/13/2014McCormick and Schmuck is a chain, but did not seem like it. We had dinner here while visiting Boston for our anniversary. My wife and I both had different salmon dishes, and the fish was fresh. The presentation was nice. The staff were helpful, polite and smiling, and even though it's a bit upscale, they were not pretentious. The decor was appropriate for an upscale seafood place. The ambiance is nice for a romantic dinner. Dress is mostly dressy casual, but some people were in over casual clothes. I have no complaints, but really can't rave about it either. It was a good meal in a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First VisitlovediningoutDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I were headed to the Boston Opera House and chose this restaurant for an early dinner after a recommendation. We sat in the bar area at 5:00 PM versus the dining room. Very cozy. The waitress was friendly and personable; she was very helpful with selections and recommendations. Did not wait for food or drinks. The Sangria with cucumber and strawberries was light and delicious; the red pepper mashed potatoes and the espresso choc cake was awesome! It's a place we'll definitely would go back if we're in the area again.Special Features:
- The following 1091 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza reviews archive.
- erinDined on 6/25/2014Excellent service door preparation very good. Very enjoyable dinner before the show.Special Features:
- Broken ACNZ5reviewsDined on 6/18/2014The food and drinks were great. We followed our server's suggestions with a few items including the rasberry mule, shrimp kisses, and New York strip with lump crab. However... There was NO AC. It was hotter inside than outside. It made our dining experience incredibly uncomfortable. Our waiter even acknowledged how hot it was, but did nothing about it (offer to move us, maybe bring a fan over, comp drinks)! Don't go until the AC is fixed. We couldn't wait to get out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experience .Will returnScipioDined on 6/14/2014Went here for our 24th anniversary. This was our first time. Good food and drink selections. The food and drinks were very good . The ambience was also nice. The only negative was the waitress was a little slow bringing out the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time HereBostongirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was good, the service was good, the atmosphere was good. Nothing special or out of the ordinary. The fish was fresh but the sides were not great (i.e. the risotto). Our dessert was a total failure and the waiter took it off the menu. Overall, a decent meal was had by all but I can't say we'd rush to go back.
- Very niceSigmondDined on 6/14/2014This is a great restaurant for a romantic dinner. The Exec Chef actually came to out table to discuss a special order. Service was excellent! Food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodDeboVIPDined on 6/13/2014I've been to several M&S's over the years and it is always good. The layout of the Park Plaza restaurant provides quiet dining compared to some of the louder energetic seafood restaurants in Boston. The shrimp kiss appetizer is amazing and can be a lunch all by itself with 5 bacon wrapped fried shrimp. Also recommended is the generous tuna tartar appetizer. The seafood entrees are fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient Back Bay DinnerbriozVIPDined on 6/13/2014McCormick & Schmick's is convenient to many locations in the Back Bay and their menu is comprehensive, with something for pretty much everyone. The fish here is quite good, but there are plenty of options for those who don't care for fish. We have been here on several previous occasions, and each time we have been pleased with both the service and the food quality.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodluvtoeatVIPDined on 6/7/2014Thinking we were going out for s teak dinner, we ended up having perfectly cooked seafood. My salmon special was terrific, and my partner's swordfish was cooked to perfection, however, on the small side. We both received a very large plate of food and were satisfied at the end of our meal. the service was lacking here, hard to believe as the restaurant was very slow the night we went. It may have just been our waiter. We will definitely return for the food. The place, I feel, needs an overhaul. Don't go expecting a fancy restaurant, just good food.Special Features:
- Quiet night at M&S Park PlazaMikeDined on 5/31/2014The place was deserted on Saturday night. When I've been there before, its usually buzzing. Everyone was very nice. One entree was delayed (some in our party had finished their meals by the time it arrived.) To their credit, the manager came over and explained that the chef would not allow the dish to be served as prepared, and it was being re-cooked. We were given 3 deserts as a goodwill gesture. Wine and company were great, so we had a good time. We and our guests enjoyed the food and quiet ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014We had a 12pm reservation and our table wasn't ready until 12:07pm. After waiting an hour for our lunch, at 1:10pm we were told that they were plating our food. After another 15 mins, our food finally arrived but they got 1 of the orders wrong and another person had to wait an additional 5 mins for their meal. I will never again go back. They didn't even offer to comp the meal that was incorrect. We went here to celebrate a co-worker's birthday and the whole experience was miserable.
- Great dining experienceriverDined on 5/26/2014We had a wonderful evening! We walked out of there pleasantly stuffed and looking forward to our next trip down to Boston to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014not bad for a large party. we had to wait 30 minutes for our first round of drinks but after that things went smoothly. staff was friendly despite being slow.Special Features: