McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
34 Columbus Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Boston
- Phone: 6174823999x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Lus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In addition to our traditional dining areas, we also offer beautiful semi private and private rooms warmly accented in rich mahogany, beveled glass and polished brass. These areas are built to suit parties of 10 up to 100 and exhibit the many possibilities to charm and impress your guests. Whether you are looking for an intimate dinner or a company reception, it will be our pleasure to assist you in the planning of your event. Please do not hesitate to contact our Catering Sales Manager at 617.482.3999 or email@example.com.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza
Conveniently located in the Boston Park Plaza Hotel adjacent to the Theater District, the Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Bay Village and the South End, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant maintains a stellar reputation for uncompromising value and quality. Whether meeting for lunch, dinner, drinks or after theater dining, McCormick & Schmick's is the ultimate choice for family, friends, visitors and business associates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (25)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Restaurant Week was great!DunnoDined on 8/25/2014I took a friend out-to-dinner last night (Monday, August 26) at McCormick & Schmick! We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and had lobsters! Food was great! Service was excellent and friendly! And the menu selection was an amazingly sweet deal!Special Features:
- Top Quality SeafoodTAJODined on 8/24/2014We were a group of 4 and all had seafood) of one type or another (salmon, trout, shrimp, scallops). All were well prepared and quite tasty. Our waitress was excellent. Very cordial and not stuffy at all. The atmosphere is first class.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great server, I think his name was Tino, not sure. Also Dave (Manager) was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Everything was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating my nephew's 21st birthday and we had a wonderful meal and special birthday dessert. The manager was exceptionally nice, Ted and made sure that we were satisfied with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious!MsJazzyDVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great food! Impeccable service! Outstanding friendly staff! My server, Michael, provided excellent service and had a wonderful sense of humor. My dining experience was further enhanced when my table was visited by the General Manager, David Wilson, who genuinely cared that his patrons had a delightful dining experience at his restaurant. McCormick & Schmick's has been my favorite restaurant for years, and even though ownership has changed over the years...it is still #1. I will be returning again soon.Special Features:
- Great romantic dinner!Foodie2Dined on 8/17/2014Food was great, ambience was romantic and service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Dinner OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We ate dinner before going to see Jackson Browne at the Opera House. Food was very good. The wait staff was helpful and friendly.thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissappontedAlikat81Dined on 8/10/2014We came to this location to celebrate our anniversary and it was probably one of the worst experiences ever. The service was horrible and there was hair in my food. I will never step back into this place again. Absolutely disgusted.
- Boston Anniversary dinnerFun2dineDined on 8/9/2014I had a great time. Thought the restaurant greeted us very well accommodated a a change in the reservation very easily. The food was very good and the staff was very friendly. All around great experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service!diner2618Dined on 8/1/2014Went there Park Plaza Boston location) to celebrate my birthday and I was not disappointed! We (my husband and sister) were treated wonderfully, a menu with my "Happy Birthday, name" on it, directed to a private room with a VIP table tent, and a wonderful molten lava chocolate cake for a surprise dessert! Husband ordered beef tenderloins and King Crab (beef was wonderful!) and my sister and I ordered the seafood trilogy- the stuffed shrimp was beautiful and the salmon cooked perfectly. Our server was Tian, and he was so attentive and knowledgable. The manager came over to ensure all was good. It was a fabulous evening, and I would return in a heartbeat. Thank you for A wonderful memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great night!DVillanuevaDined on 7/19/2014I loved this experience. My husband & I attended dinner here for our 8 year wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved it, the food was good & the service was even better. I couldnt have asked for a better night. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLucyBDined on 7/19/2014Service was exceedingly slow on a night that appeared to have many staff and not so many diners. Worse, two of three entrees were fair only. My flounder was "fishy," which for flounder usually means not fresh, and greasy. The butternut squash risotto should have been labeled "garlic risotto." Had the food been decent and the service better, we might not have minded the overly chatty waiter, but on this night it was just an additional annoyance. We will not got to this restaurant again nor recommend it.
- MediocreJeffDined on 7/19/2014Bacon wrapped shrimp amazing. Shrimp in pasta were tiny and clearly frozen. Boston Cyrene pie was also dry and clearly frozen. Would rather goto Legal across the street.
- SurprisedJennDined on 7/13/2014I have eaten at many McCormicks in the US and this one was a surprising disappointment. We had to make multiple requests to our waitress for silverware and drinks. The food was below average in comparison to other M&S. The lobster was extremely overdone and my sons chicken fingers and fries were burnt and had to be sent back. I sadly would not recommend this particular McCormicks.
- Very Good, Especially for a ChainCasualDinerDined on 7/13/2014McCormick and Schmuck is a chain, but did not seem like it. We had dinner here while visiting Boston for our anniversary. My wife and I both had different salmon dishes, and the fish was fresh. The presentation was nice. The staff were helpful, polite and smiling, and even though it's a bit upscale, they were not pretentious. The decor was appropriate for an upscale seafood place. The ambiance is nice for a romantic dinner. Dress is mostly dressy casual, but some people were in over casual clothes. I have no complaints, but really can't rave about it either. It was a good meal in a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First VisitlovediningoutDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I were headed to the Boston Opera House and chose this restaurant for an early dinner after a recommendation. We sat in the bar area at 5:00 PM versus the dining room. Very cozy. The waitress was friendly and personable; she was very helpful with selections and recommendations. Did not wait for food or drinks. The Sangria with cucumber and strawberries was light and delicious; the red pepper mashed potatoes and the espresso choc cake was awesome! It's a place we'll definitely would go back if we're in the area again.Special Features:
- Broken ACNZ5reviewsDined on 6/18/2014The food and drinks were great. We followed our server's suggestions with a few items including the rasberry mule, shrimp kisses, and New York strip with lump crab. However... There was NO AC. It was hotter inside than outside. It made our dining experience incredibly uncomfortable. Our waiter even acknowledged how hot it was, but did nothing about it (offer to move us, maybe bring a fan over, comp drinks)! Don't go until the AC is fixed. We couldn't wait to get out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experience .Will returnScipioDined on 6/14/2014Went here for our 24th anniversary. This was our first time. Good food and drink selections. The food and drinks were very good . The ambience was also nice. The only negative was the waitress was a little slow bringing out the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time HereBostongirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food was good, the service was good, the atmosphere was good. Nothing special or out of the ordinary. The fish was fresh but the sides were not great (i.e. the risotto). Our dessert was a total failure and the waiter took it off the menu. Overall, a decent meal was had by all but I can't say we'd rush to go back.
- Very niceSigmondDined on 6/14/2014This is a great restaurant for a romantic dinner. The Exec Chef actually came to out table to discuss a special order. Service was excellent! Food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodDeboVIPDined on 6/13/2014I've been to several M&S's over the years and it is always good. The layout of the Park Plaza restaurant provides quiet dining compared to some of the louder energetic seafood restaurants in Boston. The shrimp kiss appetizer is amazing and can be a lunch all by itself with 5 bacon wrapped fried shrimp. Also recommended is the generous tuna tartar appetizer. The seafood entrees are fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient Back Bay DinnerbriozVIPDined on 6/13/2014McCormick & Schmick's is convenient to many locations in the Back Bay and their menu is comprehensive, with something for pretty much everyone. The fish here is quite good, but there are plenty of options for those who don't care for fish. We have been here on several previous occasions, and each time we have been pleased with both the service and the food quality.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodluvtoeatVIPDined on 6/7/2014Thinking we were going out for s teak dinner, we ended up having perfectly cooked seafood. My salmon special was terrific, and my partner's swordfish was cooked to perfection, however, on the small side. We both received a very large plate of food and were satisfied at the end of our meal. the service was lacking here, hard to believe as the restaurant was very slow the night we went. It may have just been our waiter. We will definitely return for the food. The place, I feel, needs an overhaul. Don't go expecting a fancy restaurant, just good food.Special Features:
- Quiet night at M&S Park PlazaMikeDined on 5/31/2014The place was deserted on Saturday night. When I've been there before, its usually buzzing. Everyone was very nice. One entree was delayed (some in our party had finished their meals by the time it arrived.) To their credit, the manager came over and explained that the chef would not allow the dish to be served as prepared, and it was being re-cooked. We were given 3 deserts as a goodwill gesture. Wine and company were great, so we had a good time. We and our guests enjoyed the food and quiet ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014We had a 12pm reservation and our table wasn't ready until 12:07pm. After waiting an hour for our lunch, at 1:10pm we were told that they were plating our food. After another 15 mins, our food finally arrived but they got 1 of the orders wrong and another person had to wait an additional 5 mins for their meal. I will never again go back. They didn't even offer to comp the meal that was incorrect. We went here to celebrate a co-worker's birthday and the whole experience was miserable.
- Great dining experienceriverDined on 5/26/2014We had a wonderful evening! We walked out of there pleasantly stuffed and looking forward to our next trip down to Boston to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014not bad for a large party. we had to wait 30 minutes for our first round of drinks but after that things went smoothly. staff was friendly despite being slow.Special Features:
- nonicknameDined on 5/24/2014no thank you. i do not wish to write something. i don't like that you have to fill in this section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!BostonEats13Dined on 5/17/2014I was blown away by the service and food at M&S. When the general manager called me that morning to confirm my reservation, he asked if it was a special occasion. When I told him that two of the guests were celebrating college graduation, he asked their names. When we arrived at the restaurant we were surprised to see written congratulations to our graduates (by name!) on the top of our menus! Our secluded alcove perfectly allowed for an intimate dinner, yet our waiter was extremely attentive and enthusiastic. He made excellent recommendations for seafood--everybody ordered different but equally delicious dishes. The Tuna Tower and Shrimp kisses, though decent sizes, were gone in an instant! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerDFC62Dined on 5/17/2014We went to celebrate my daughter's graduation from Boston University. Right from the start, the staff was friendly, accomodating, and knowledgable. Our waiter, Tien, helped select the wines and they even prepared a special scroll and dessert for the new grad. Have been coming here for years because if the superior food, wine, snd service. Will continue to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificIdahofoodieDined on 5/16/2014I have eaten at several of these restaurants and I always enjoy dining there. the ambiance is just as great as the food. The service is absolutely terrific and the prices are reasonable for a steak/seafood house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- used to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014had not been in perhaps a year....menu less choices.....food not as good....( not bad just not as good) small changes noted.....had lobster no water bowl/not even a wetnap... About two years ago I tasted the best calamari EVER at this restaurant ....so perhaps my expectations were high...the waiter was good..clealry a seasoned pro..the food let him down...it was blah
- Fabulous MealLuvdiningoutDined on 5/11/2014We dined on Sunday for Mother's Day. The meal was excellent and our waiter Jonathan was great. We were seated in a booth with curtains which could be drawn for privacy. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good chain....BearVIPDined on 5/10/2014For a chain restaurant, the food and quiet ambience were surprisingly good. Our server was a little slow, but overall, a very pleasant dinner. Not memorable or gourmet, but we will go back for reliable and affordable seafood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Brunchhard2pleaseDined on 5/10/2014We were so glad that this turned out to be the very place, with the very food and service that we wanted for Mother's Day brunch!Special Features:
- The following 1071 reviews are from the McCormick & Schmick's - Boston - Park Plaza reviews archive.
- Great exceptBabsDined on 5/4/2014Scallops and salmon were great. The crab potato hashbrown was thick or heavy. The grilled shrimp were over cooked. Steak was great! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Show DinnerOpheliaDined on 5/3/2014I went to this before an 8pm show at the Wang Theatre. They had us in and out in time without being rushed, it was perfect. The waiter asked us if we were doing anything that night in order to gage when we needed to leave, it was very smooth and really appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sara's 60th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014I made a reservation for 17 but 18 showed up. The staff was great all night. All moved at a easy pace. We were made to feel both comfortable and important. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Disappointed in foodHate2cookVIPDined on 5/2/2014I went there with my daughter before a show. Got flounder that did not taste good. Very fishy tasting. My stomach was upset at the show afterwards. Daughter got burger which was ok. I did not like being solicited with dining offer brochure by server. He Went on too long and we were trying to enjoy appetizers. All in all it was not a good dining experience
- Bad for large groupsFrustratedDined on 4/26/2014I have been here many times in small groups and the service was fine. However, choosing to have my 20th birthday dinner here was a mistake. We had a total of 16 people (obviously all college students as it was a 20th birthday) and needed to split the check. While adding up and writing down how much should be charged to which cards, our waiter felt the need to express his annoyance by saying "you realize this is going to take me an hour, right?" We were all put off by this remark, but it wasn't until I walked by the waiter audibly complaining to his manager about us, saw other members of the waitstaff stare at us, and even saw them taking pictures of the large stack of credit cards that we felt uncomfortable and disrespected.Special Features: