McCall’s Heartland Grill – Stratosphere Hotel
2000 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89104Neighborhood:
Stratosphere Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
McCall’s Heartland Grill – Stratosphere Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stratospherehotel.com/Casino/Dining/McCalls
- Phone: (702) 380-7711
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rick Giffin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that seats up to 20. This elegant room is enhanced with a two- sided fire place and breathtaking décor.
- Private Party Contact: Ed King 7023834820
A word from McCall’s Heartland Grill – Stratosphere Hotel
A relaxed and comfortable experience, McCall’s Heartland Grill will deliver an experience that is perfect for dining with friends or celebrating a special occasion. The menu inspired and crafted by renowned Chef Rick Giffen is one of wholesome and natural ingredients. The coastal yet Midwestern-inspired menu which includes seafood and steak is a tantalizing combination that creates a dining experience that is sure to be memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
McCall’s Heartland Grill – Stratosphere Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Went because kids were there for the rides.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Don't eat there. Kids were at the Stratosphere to go on the rides and we wanted to eat close by. It was way to easy to get a reservation and now I know why. Server asked if I wanted my salad before dinner, I said yes. Come on, Denny's even knows salad first then dinner. Waited 45 minutes for the salad that came WITH the dinner not before. Sent it back and they took it off my bill. Salmon tasted very fishy, yes I know it's fish but fresh vs not makes a big difference. They drowned it in butter which in. My experience means they were trying to cover up the taste. So much butter in fact, as my meal cooled the butter began to solidify and on the salmon. Rice was crunchy and cold. This meal did not settle well and I am still dealing with it 1 1/2 days later.
- Nothing SpecialDogAgreDined on 11/9/2014While the service was fine, the food was just average at best. Among the four of us, we had both steak and seafood. The rice pilaf accompaniment was too salty, the entrees unremarkable. We had dressed up just a bit, thinking this would be a nice dining experience, but the affiliated casino appears to attract a younger crowd who aren't much beyond shorts and t-shirts. As with many Vegas restaurants, the cigarette smoke wafts in from the adjoining bar.
- Wonderful experienceTmlala026Dined on 10/26/2014The service and the food was amazing. The waiter Ken is amazing and very good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu and Outstanding ambianceKjsimpsonDined on 10/10/2014Dinner for six was outstanding. Food is awesome. I had the flat iron steak and it was perfectly prepared! Highly recommend for ambiance and quality. Prices were lower than expected too.Special Features:
- Good food, Poor servicetallisonDined on 10/5/2014The food here was wonderful. The service was severely lacking. Our waiter told us that he could only substitute a starch for another starch. Not a vegetable. Also while we were ordering my husband asked to change from a red sauce to the alfredo sauce. The waiter actually said "yes, we can do that but I wouldn't recommend that since the flavors will not be compatible. But if that's what you want and you're willing to take that chance." We're talking about chicken, pasta and sauce. Really??? When the food arrived the vegetable I had asked for came with my steak instead of the potato. I suspect this was another servers doing who was passing by at the time that I made my request.Special Features:
- McCalls Heartland GrillrednickDined on 9/19/2014We tried this place on Friday. We never heard of it even though we are locals. Anyway we were pleasantly surprised. The happy hour was great and the server graciously let us take our happy hour bottle of wine into the restaurant to finish it with dinner. Our server Willie was wonderful. He never rushed us but he was always there when we needed something. He made some very helpful menu selections and we were very happy with all of our food. The menu has a nice selection of entrees. The filets we had were perfectly cooked and the price was excellent for a strip restaurant. We plan to come back in a few weeks and try some of the other items that were offered on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PumpkinDined on 8/22/2014Good service and good food. Our waiter was very friendly and enjoyable. A good waiter makes a meal even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Everything was perfect. The food very good, the waiter very nice. A nice dinner for a couple and a child, and closed to the Stratosphere tower.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the McCall’s Heartland Grill – Stratosphere Hotel reviews archive.
- greatjlew1010Dined on 7/4/2014The staff was very friendly. The food was great. The decorations were really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well priced steakhouse on the stripJohnVIPDined on 6/27/2014We tried this restaurant after reading about well priced steakhouses on the Las Vegas Strip. Located in the Stratosphere, the restaurant is at the far end of the strip and not in the middle of the Bellagio/Paris/Mirage action. We had a nice dinner with friends that included their tasty and unique PBJJ appetizers. The bacon, blue cheese, peanut butter,and pepper jelly were a great first bite. My ribeye was perfectly cooked and the steak fries nicely seasoned. The pricing was quite good considering Las Vegas prices tend to be high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- McbaconluverDined on 6/8/2014My pasta was dry and the bacon was not cooked through on my prawns. However I put them in the oven for a while when I got home... good flavor!
- Dinner after weddingrenewedvowsDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I booked dinner for us and four others, after we renewed our wedding vows. The service was excellent and the staff was very attentive. We really enjoyed the food. We would recommend this place to everyone we know going to vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice Mother's Day outing!!PokerFansDined on 5/11/2014I'd like to compliment the hostess. She took extra care from the time we arrived until we left at the end of the meal. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience. The waiter "Kevin" could have been a little more attentive but we received good service and enjoyed the evening. The steak and lobster special was awesome and my mother was thrilled with her meal. I'd also recommend the agave margarita!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSeminole38VIPDined on 4/26/2014The overall quality of this restaurant is great, the food is delicious and diverse. You are in Las vegas, and this restaurant is a keeper for the Stratosphere hotel.Special Features:
- A little over the topServicedisappointsDined on 4/13/2014Our meal was ok but the menu seemed quite ambishush for a place like the Stratosphere withy the restaurant in the tower. The seasoning on all the courses, except for the bread, was too over bearing. What was the sauce on the filet? It was awful. I will hand it to out waiter Frank who was very good and seemed be constantly be given tables. Was the other waiter not capable?
- Overall a disappointmentNJFoodieDined on 3/28/2014Dining in an empty dining room on a Friday night should be the first clue this wasn't going to be a stellar meal. Well beyond overpriced wine list for half bottles. The roasted corn chowder was heavy on spice, overpowering in fact. A highly marbled sirloin as described was mostly fatty not well marbled. The baked potato was so salted you couldn't eat the skin, and small would be an understatement. I would not return.
- Post-NASCAR Lobster TailsCatatudeDined on 3/9/2014The presentation was sloppy, however, the food was tasty!
- Terrible ServiceMaryDined on 3/8/2014Not at all pleased with the service. Ordered the filet with NO sauce. It came with sauce. Ordered a salad with NO onion and blue cheese came with onion and cheddar . I have an allergy to raw onions. My husband asked for more iced tea and it was totally forgotten . It was not crowded so there was no excuse. No one appoliged they could have cared less. I at least think they should have offered us a free dessert as most good restaurants would do. This was not a low priced restaurant so they should retain better servers who knows maybe they we're fill ins for the culinary picketers.
- Great steaksRoaddawgDined on 3/7/2014Food was great the appetizers were delicious try the prawns with jalapeño wrapped in bacon.Special Features:
- Quality DiningDanaDined on 2/16/2014This was our second visit to Mc Call's. During both visits we experienced high quality dining and outstanding service. Our dining experience was so wonderful the first time that we left our Hotel (Caesars) to re-visit this great restaurant again. The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable! We loved how our dining experience was relaxing and not rushed. Our waiter made sure that there was plenty of time in between courses. We will return once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food plainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Mc Calls very nice, but food was nothing to write home about. Seems that carrots were just warmed up and not cooked. They were still hard. Steak was very tender in fact you could cut it with a fork, but had no favor.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!!LauraDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I dined here on New Year's Eve and were very pleased with not only our food but the service as well. With it being New Year's Eve, many restaurants had higher prices but McCall's prices stayed the same and the food was amazing!!! I would definitely eat here again and will recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McCalls ThanksgivingsoulfoodDined on 11/28/2013The waiter was very knowledgable and friendly and we didn't have to ask for anything. We notified them of my wife's nut allergy and they made sure every course had any nuts taken out and explained to us what was removed and what it would be replaced with. It was very quiet and even with the bar close by the noise still was not an issue. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneybrantlersDined on 10/23/2013We ate here after our wedding & were very dissapointed. We had spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer and it was bland. I buy prepackaged dip from the grocery store that tastes better. I ordered the porterhouse steak and it was salty. The red wine reduction sauce its served on had no flavor. My husband had the special which included blackened shrimp. I've had blackened shrimp and that was not blackened. It was drowning in what tasted like movie popcorn butter. Potato croquettes were dry & bland.For the price this place is not worth it! They make their waiters wear name tags which I find tacky. We had a coupon for a free glass of wine that was in our room. We all had 1 and they made excuse its only 1 per table. That was not listed on coupon.
- Great serviceMollyDined on 10/11/2013After multiple times eating at various restaurants in our hotel on the strip, most of which entailed mediocre food and poor service, McCall's was a relatively bright spot in our Vegas dining out experience. Manny gave us great service and was very attentive. The food was very good, but nothing that far above average. Our only real complaint was that everyone at the table received a steak that was cooked to the incorrect temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!!hershelfamDined on 10/4/2013This place is great..... the prawns where awesome...they are a must have and so is the lobster cake... and I can't forget about the happy hour drinks where awesome.....such a great deal!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiscoveryMikeVIPDined on 7/29/2013We are so glad we went to McCalls. The food was excellent and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had dinner at McCall's beforeLVHikerVIPDined on 6/5/2013I had dinner at McCall's before a Frankie Moreno show. What a surprise to find such a great restaurant in the Stratosphere. I had never heard of it before. Service was excellent, the food was very good, and it was a pleasant evening. I thought the chef was very creative with the PBB&J crostini, and I really liked my steak with the bleu cheese sauce. The Triple chocolate flourless cake was great. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great food, bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013This was our second time at this restaurant. Both times, the food was excellent. The first time we went, the service was also excellent. There were only a couple other tables with diners. On this visit, the service was mediocre, at best. There were about six tables occupied, this time. I guess good service is limited to about three tables. Our drinks took twenty minutes to arrive, and our appetizers took an additional twenty minutes. They took the drink and appetizer order at the same time. We had been there for nearly an hour and a quarter before our entrees were finally served. The food is really quite good, which is why we might be back again, but with so many good restaurants in Las Vegas, there's no reason to endure poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 thumbs up!Kbx4Dined on 5/2/2013Food was very good. Potato skins with slices of steak were excellent. Had a red wine that was infused with chocolate that was very good. Main course was very good as well. The service was definitely amongst the best I have ever had. Extremely high quality on everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A PLEASURABLE EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013The food was both beautifully presented and delicious. Our dinner guests were delighted with the dishes offered and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service.scooterbunnyDined on 4/17/2013Very pleased with this restaurant and will definitely be back again. The steaks were fantastic - filet mignon and ribeye. Great potato croquettes and very creamy, tasty mashed potatoes. Service was very attentive and friendly. Prices very reasonable as well.Special Features:
- Santino and Nicole are awesomeBduff28Dined on 2/24/2013Santino and Nicole are awesome and they really make you feel special! They really catered to my team and did everything perfect to make it an awesome evening! The food was great and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013My girlfriend and I visited McCall's for Valentine's day, and had a wonderful time. The staff was courteous, attentive, and made sure we had a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Must go to place!LucyDined on 2/14/2013Dined here on Valentine's Day-greeted by the owner with a rose for the wife-nice touch! Started with bread basket......wife wants the recipe for the bread sticks-they were so good-tasted like a crunchy croissant. We both ordered the Valentine special-started with a puff pastry filled with seafood in a lobster sauce...it was amazing! Main course was lamb chop, 2 shrimp & quail with mashed potato & veggies. Everything was presented beautifully & in generous portions. Service was very attentive and friendly. Dessert was heart shaped brownie type cake with ice cream that was so full of nuts and flavor that it was a shame we were so full from dinner that we were unable to finish it. Our new must visit place when in Vegas!Special Features:
- Very disappointed, as McCall'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2013Very disappointed, as McCall's came as a recommentaion. Service was extremely slow and it took forever to get our dinner. I ordered the seafood fettuccini and had only 2 shrimp and a small piece of fish, the rest was all noodles. I would have sent it back, but figured it would take forever to get something back.
- Definitely worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013We were very impressed with every aspect of the restaurant, from the elegant decor to the gourmet food to the extremely attentive and professional staff. Prices are comparable to other elegant steak houses in the Las Vegas area.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner. TheGaryjanVIPDined on 12/4/2012We enjoyed our dinner. The menu was somewhat limited but it had a good selection of foods.Special Features:
- LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2012I came in for a nice dinner with a friend and enjoyed every minute of our dinner. I loved getting greeted by the humble host and sitting at the well thought out design of a bar they had there. We were very impressed with the restaurant, servers, and how well it was doing being that it just recently opened. I had the Rib-eye and the awesome croquettes and my friend had the Scottish Salmon and green beans.We saved room for dessert and had this "deconstructed" Apple Pie, DELICIOUS! I would highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends and anyone who's looking for a quiet dinner with great food and a memorable experience. :D This will definitely become a five star restaurant!!Special Features:
- What great food and service!Bduff28Dined on 11/15/2012What great food and service! They really took the time to make my team feel special! Don't miss out on visiting this new place! Everything was amazing!!!!Special Features: