196 N Castell Ave
New Braunfels, TX 78130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcadoos.com/
- Phone: 8306293474
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasonal Live music on our New Orleans style courtyard.
A word from McAdoo's
Upscale Family Dining serving fresh seafood with a Cajun influence located in the historic post office building in the heart of Downtown New Braunfels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McAdoo's - Best Restaurants in New Braunfels ›
McAdoo's reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice Evening at the old post officeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyable visit to the old post office. Food was very good. The only draw back we had was slow service from the bar. The waitress was very prompt in giving us updates on the status but it did take a long time to receive some refills to our drinks. We had a handicap individual who had to use their list and their staff was very accommodating and helpful. Always have a good time at McAdoo's and will be back for more.Special Features:
- Fast Becoming Fave Place in NB!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014This is our third time in as many months to McAdoo's. Seafood is fresh and interesting with new offerings each time we've visited. The shrimp and crawfish etouffee is amazing - one serving is enough for two! Highly recommend this, although the grilled fish is wonderful. I had the almond encrusted flounder, which was tender and flaky. And for those of you that can come early and enjoy an adult beverage from time to time, Happy Hour from 3-6:30PM features $4 Dripping Springs Vodka drinks.Special Features:
- Had a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Took the old man here for his birthday, had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Celebrated a birthday here Sunday after church and it was really good, not over the top expensive and the food had great taste. Even our son who is a professional chef said the food was well prepared, even thou his eggs benedict were cold he was complimentary of the preparation and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Braunfels Treasurejackie78132Dined on 8/16/2014The food and the presentation at McAdoo's is outstanding. The menu has something for everyone. Highly recommend for a night out with friends or a special occasionl.Special Features:
- Love2eatDined on 8/16/2014Great place to eat. Had an open table reservation for 6pm. Arrived 5 minutes early and was seated at our table at 6:02pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation gatheringDclarkeDined on 8/6/2014We asked for recommendations from friends and family during our vacation and McAdoo's was a favorite. We had a table of 12 and were very pleased with the service and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great staffSeguinFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Thanks for making our dinner go so smoothly! I had 2 Tarts Bakery deliver a surprise birthday cake to you and I really appreciated you all holding the cake for our party as well as setting the toys on top and the candles also. :) Went great for us and the food was great as well as our waitress. Thank you!Special Features:
- Everything was too notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Scott took great care of our group. Thank you for making my birthday memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McAdoo's can use some TLCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The good: appetizer was great and the entrée was delicious. The bad:we had reservations but were seated at a larger table for four when there were just two of us. Not very quaint. The rolls were tasteless, herb butter might help and the crème brulee was thick and heavy. I cannot recommend it. The ugly: The wine list is limited and way overpriced. I know you need to make a profit but this was close to price gouging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AllisonM22Dined on 7/26/2014This place is great. Our service was excellent. I had the chargrilled oysters and Mahi Mahi New Orleans. They were very delicious. We will definitely be coming back when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite place in New BraunfelsJohnDined on 7/21/2014Im so glad we tried McAdoo's. Im from Corpus Christi and have been longing for good seafood in Central Texas! Great food, service and atmosphere! Beer list was lacking in the darker varieties, but the bar manager assured me he was working that out. I will definitely eat there again and I've recommended it to many.Special Features:
- Good but messed up reservationCthomDined on 7/20/2014Food and service was good as usual but the reception desk canceled my reservation and did not get any points. I received an Opentable email that I didn't keep my reservation and I had to call restaurant to sort out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Surprise!PattyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Small town restaurant this place IS NOT! I was quite surprised by how wonderful this place was! The food was yummy! The service was impeciable and the history of the post office alone made this place a very nice surprise.Special Features:
- ExcellentJennyDined on 7/18/2014As always, another great dining experience! Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Try!Team3521Dined on 7/13/2014We've eaten here several times now and always look forward to coming back. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for (we never get out of the place for less than $60 bucks). The food is, the service is excellent, and the restaurant is easy to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fred -Austin / Canyon LakefredcanyonlakeDined on 7/11/2014This place is off the chart! My wife and I have been here half a dozen times and enjoyed the experience every time. This time was our 30th Aniv and the staff was super nice and the food was a 10+. If you have not been you gotta try this place.Special Features:
- Great First VisitMuchAdooAboutMcAdoosDined on 7/6/2014Several friends had told me about McAdoo's restaurant, so I decided to check it out yesterday when I went to New Braunfels. It is located in a very charming old Post Office building, that has been beautifully restored for this purpose. The variety of foods offered on the menu was excellent. There was truly something for everyone offered. I chose the spinach salad, with a light vinaigrette dressing, & topped with blackened salmon. The 2 mimosas that I had prior to the entrée were excellent as well. The restaurant was a little pricey, But I will be back!Special Features:
- Great experienceGrttimeDined on 7/5/2014The food was outstanding, delicious and well presented. The service was excellent and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderfulYummyDined on 6/28/2014Really enjoyed our evening out with guests from Houston, showed NB has some top tier food experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Enjoy our lunch with family members...enough room for all. One exception, on the kids menu, the french fries had a spicy season that was too much for the children in our party.Special Features:
- Nothing was done right.KltexnwDined on 6/13/2014From the nasty vodka martini, to the greasy steaks, to the strange taste with the shrimp and scallops. Nothing at this resturaunt tasted right, or good. The best part, leaving.
- Great food but too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Great food and good service, but it was too loud to hear the guests at my table.
- Excellent seafood!mwasatDined on 5/31/2014We drive from San Antonio to New Braunfels to eat at McAdoo's - we love their seafood and the feel of the restaurant. On our last visit, we had a child and a baby with our group, and the hostesses and servers were very accommodating. Love the fried shrimp! The patio is very nice and the live music is fun; however we sat inside this last time. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McAdoosGallogenovaDined on 5/31/2014The service was very nice. I purposely went at a time when it would be quiet, not so busy because I don't like busy, noisy, crowded place. I love the setting/architecture of this place. It feels nice. The food is good, not superb.
- Great Location, Fair FoodklambsterDined on 5/23/2014Located in an old post office, the ambience was great. The hostesses greeted us promptly and we sat right down. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The menu had variety. The con was that both my food and my husband's came out tepid in temperature. The plates were hot, the food was not. I had ordered the steak which came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. My husband had ordered the crawfish. We sent the food back and when it arrived again the food was warmer(I wouldn't say hot) but my asparagus was so overcooked it was blackened at the tips and soggy. While both managers came over to apologize for the cold food, they gave us no break on the price. My steak was just ok. Definitely not worth the $100+ price tag. May try again at lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening, Great foodlove2eatoutDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We love your restaurant and when I told her where I had made reservations she was very happy. The staff was perfect and always has been. The food was spectacular, as usual, and we enjoyed it very much. We recommend the restaurant to anyone who will listen and heartily recommend it to anyone who reads this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perceptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed the experience Our waiter was very good and friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the McAdoo's reviews archive.
- we ate there twice in one weekend24play2VIPDined on 5/2/2014the service was great and the food very good, the place was full for prom night but we still had a good meal and a nice wine. Would like to have a better wine list to choose from but its not bad, we can back for lunch the next daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodCthomDined on 4/26/2014Food and service was very good. Nice outdoor patioSpecial Features:
- The BestprettytexaslaceDined on 4/26/2014Even with proms and the Crawfish Festival, this place had it together. The fresh oysters were wonderful, great wine list to choose from, and the crawfish boil was the best I've had.Special Features:
- DbuehringHpu0509Dined on 4/20/2014Pretty place, nice ambiance. Ashley was a lovely server. Great Easter experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2014My husband had the crawfish boil and he ate every bite. I had the Mahi Mahi New Orleans and it was delicious! Followed the entrees with their wonderful creme brûlée.Special Features:
- Who orders beef at a seafood placeMistoffoleVIPDined on 4/8/2014Went to mcadoos with family to celebrate. Everyone had some sort of fish but me. Everyone enjoyed their food, especially me. Had their chicken fried ribeye and it was darn tasty. Bacon gravy on it just doesn't get any better. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the anbiience ofIkieDined on 4/4/2014We enjoyed the anbiience of the facility. I was surprised at the casual dress of the customers, but then it is in Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service asFoodieGirlDined on 3/26/2014Great food and service as always! A New Braunfels favorite. Great happy hour as well.Special Features:
- First timerPiedrasDined on 3/8/2014We were immediately seated at our reservation time. Leah came and got our drink order quickly, was patient, and answered all our questions as it was our first time. Her suggestions were spot on. The fondue for the appetizer was delicious. We ordered cajun enchiladas, the tilapia, mahi boudreoux, ribeyes, and the shrimp with scallops. The steaks were cooked to order and had great flavor. The enchiladas had hust the right amount of kick and were full of seafood. The tilapia was flaky and delicious. The mahi was also cooked cooked perfectly and the blackened spicing was good. Finally the shrimp amd scallops were amazing with the right amount of sear and very flavorful. Leah kept our drinks refilled and checked on us frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased Once MoreTeam3521Dined on 3/4/2014Yet again we were treated to fantastic food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in NBFam4niteDined on 3/2/2014We have been many times to McAdoo's but this was first time for their brunch. Were not disappointed. Although the menu was somewhat limited the food was very well prepared as we have experienced at dinner time visits. Even my two picky eater teens were able to find something. The Bloody Mary bar was quite an adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats!DeboDined on 2/21/2014This was not my first time at Mcadoo's. The food is always good and the service is usually outstanding. We had a good dining experience and the food tasted great. The prices are reasonable and the ambience not too loud. On this trip the only minor complaint was the food being slightly warm instead of the usual hot or very warm. I don't know what happened but it could have been that it was very busy and sat for a few minutes. The waitress was wonderful and it was not her fault. I would have sent it back but that would have been a longer wait. It was ok to eat since it was still slightly warm. I still recommend Mcadoo's because the food is very tasty and the place is inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.