196 N Castell Ave
New Braunfels, TX 78130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcadoos.com/
- Phone: (830) 629-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Seasonal Live music on our New Orleans style courtyard.
A word from McAdoo's
Upscale Family Dining serving fresh seafood with a Cajun influence located in the historic post office building in the heart of Downtown New Braunfels.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
McAdoo's - Best Restaurants in New Braunfels ›
McAdoo's reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (18)great for lunch (15)romantic (14)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- my plategrandmaDined on 11/10/2014Had fried shrimp, beans and rice. Will not order those again. This was the first time I have been disappointed at McAdoos. The other four diners in my party enjoyed their plates so their enjoyment cancelled out my disappointment. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night patioAlpaca1Dined on 10/25/2014We got there earlier than we thought at 5:30. Sat outside on the patio, watched the football game, had marvelous happy hour drinks and appetizers. The food was amazing as I had the shrimp and scallops and my husband had the crawfish plate. We could hear the music and it was so relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FavoriteTwoRiversDinerDined on 10/19/2014When planning a special occasion, we can always depend on this yummy favorite. Food, service and ambiance are all first rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and service were excellentKevthebritDined on 10/9/2014The building is amazing and the decor reflects the period of construction; very tastefully done. The service was excellent; the wine list phenomenal. The menu has a variety of wonderful Cajun and Southern dishes. The kitchen let it down, food was over seasoned; too much salt. Presentation of the dishes was excellent; again taste left something to be desired. The one disappointment to the evening was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food at McAdoo'sBookClubDined on 10/8/2014Three of us dined at McAdoo's on a Wednesday evening. The seafood fondoo had been recommended as excellent by a friend, and we felt like she underestimated it--fabulous! Our entrees were also superb, and our servers were very patient and professional. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always goodFoodieDined on 9/29/2014We love this restaurant. It is one of our go to restaurants for out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightDebbieDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I had dinner here and it was wonderful. The food was great and the staff was very nice. We got our food quickly and we loved everything we had. We would definitely go back. A bit on the pricey side but worth it.Special Features:
- Nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014met the family for a Sunday brunch. Great food. Nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We have eaten at McAdoo's several times. The food has always been good. We went for our anniversary. The food was spectacular as always but this time our service was AWFUL! We have two small kids so going out to eat alone without children is a rare occasion. I would go back but ask for a different waiter or waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpleasant anniversaryAnniversary15Dined on 9/19/2014We went to celebrate our 15th anniversary. Every year as a tradition we dine at a new location. Unfortunately our experience was not a good one. The ambiance and service were great but the food was terrible. Our appetizer was as if we were at a local wing place, and our entrees were bland. We ordered a dessert to share and neither one of us could eat more than half. The alcoholic drink was very good and the price was reasonable and the dinner rolls were warm and soft. Had it not been a special occasion, and my not wanting to disappoint my husband with his surprise restaurant choice, I would have complained in person. This is the first year that we both left dissatisfied with our choice especially for the amount of money spent.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Scallops and shrimp were amazing. Good variety of wines. All alcohol is surprisingly affordableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rawJaysDined on 9/7/2014My wife ordered the stuffed quail and it was served raw... my dish was very good it was the crab cakes with poached eggs and cajun hollandaise sauce. The manager though in some desert for the inconvenience and the waiter charged us for it. They cooked another order of the quail but by the time it was ready we had to leave.. it was very good but we don't get to go out very often so it was a real disappointment.. If not for that It would have been a much better ratingSpecial Features:
- Nice Evening at the old post officepokoDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyable visit to the old post office. Food was very good. The only draw back we had was slow service from the bar. The waitress was very prompt in giving us updates on the status but it did take a long time to receive some refills to our drinks. We had a handicap individual who had to use their list and their staff was very accommodating and helpful. Always have a good time at McAdoo's and will be back for more.Special Features:
- Fast Becoming Fave Place in NB!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014This is our third time in as many months to McAdoo's. Seafood is fresh and interesting with new offerings each time we've visited. The shrimp and crawfish etouffee is amazing - one serving is enough for two! Highly recommend this, although the grilled fish is wonderful. I had the almond encrusted flounder, which was tender and flaky. And for those of you that can come early and enjoy an adult beverage from time to time, Happy Hour from 3-6:30PM features $4 Dripping Springs Vodka drinks.Special Features:
- Had a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Took the old man here for his birthday, had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Celebrated a birthday here Sunday after church and it was really good, not over the top expensive and the food had great taste. Even our son who is a professional chef said the food was well prepared, even thou his eggs benedict were cold he was complimentary of the preparation and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Braunfels Treasurejackie78132Dined on 8/16/2014The food and the presentation at McAdoo's is outstanding. The menu has something for everyone. Highly recommend for a night out with friends or a special occasionl.Special Features:
- Love2eatDined on 8/16/2014Great place to eat. Had an open table reservation for 6pm. Arrived 5 minutes early and was seated at our table at 6:02pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation gatheringDclarkeDined on 8/6/2014We asked for recommendations from friends and family during our vacation and McAdoo's was a favorite. We had a table of 12 and were very pleased with the service and the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great staffSeguinFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Thanks for making our dinner go so smoothly! I had 2 Tarts Bakery deliver a surprise birthday cake to you and I really appreciated you all holding the cake for our party as well as setting the toys on top and the candles also. :) Went great for us and the food was great as well as our waitress. Thank you!Special Features:
- Everything was too notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Scott took great care of our group. Thank you for making my birthday memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McAdoo's can use some TLCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The good: appetizer was great and the entrée was delicious. The bad:we had reservations but were seated at a larger table for four when there were just two of us. Not very quaint. The rolls were tasteless, herb butter might help and the crème brulee was thick and heavy. I cannot recommend it. The ugly: The wine list is limited and way overpriced. I know you need to make a profit but this was close to price gouging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AllisonM22Dined on 7/26/2014This place is great. Our service was excellent. I had the chargrilled oysters and Mahi Mahi New Orleans. They were very delicious. We will definitely be coming back when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the McAdoo's reviews archive.
- New favorite place in New BraunfelsJohnDined on 7/21/2014Im so glad we tried McAdoo's. Im from Corpus Christi and have been longing for good seafood in Central Texas! Great food, service and atmosphere! Beer list was lacking in the darker varieties, but the bar manager assured me he was working that out. I will definitely eat there again and I've recommended it to many.Special Features:
- Good but messed up reservationCthomDined on 7/20/2014Food and service was good as usual but the reception desk canceled my reservation and did not get any points. I received an Opentable email that I didn't keep my reservation and I had to call restaurant to sort out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Surprise!PattyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Small town restaurant this place IS NOT! I was quite surprised by how wonderful this place was! The food was yummy! The service was impeciable and the history of the post office alone made this place a very nice surprise.Special Features:
- ExcellentJennyDined on 7/18/2014As always, another great dining experience! Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Try!Team3521Dined on 7/13/2014We've eaten here several times now and always look forward to coming back. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for (we never get out of the place for less than $60 bucks). The food is, the service is excellent, and the restaurant is easy to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fred -Austin / Canyon LakefredcanyonlakeDined on 7/11/2014This place is off the chart! My wife and I have been here half a dozen times and enjoyed the experience every time. This time was our 30th Aniv and the staff was super nice and the food was a 10+. If you have not been you gotta try this place.Special Features:
- Great First VisitMuchAdooAboutMcAdoosDined on 7/6/2014Several friends had told me about McAdoo's restaurant, so I decided to check it out yesterday when I went to New Braunfels. It is located in a very charming old Post Office building, that has been beautifully restored for this purpose. The variety of foods offered on the menu was excellent. There was truly something for everyone offered. I chose the spinach salad, with a light vinaigrette dressing, & topped with blackened salmon. The 2 mimosas that I had prior to the entrée were excellent as well. The restaurant was a little pricey, But I will be back!Special Features:
- Great experienceGrttimeDined on 7/5/2014The food was outstanding, delicious and well presented. The service was excellent and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderfulYummyDined on 6/28/2014Really enjoyed our evening out with guests from Houston, showed NB has some top tier food experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Enjoy our lunch with family members...enough room for all. One exception, on the kids menu, the french fries had a spicy season that was too much for the children in our party.Special Features:
- Nothing was done right.KltexnwDined on 6/13/2014From the nasty vodka martini, to the greasy steaks, to the strange taste with the shrimp and scallops. Nothing at this resturaunt tasted right, or good. The best part, leaving.
- Great food but too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Great food and good service, but it was too loud to hear the guests at my table.
- Excellent seafood!mwasatDined on 5/31/2014We drive from San Antonio to New Braunfels to eat at McAdoo's - we love their seafood and the feel of the restaurant. On our last visit, we had a child and a baby with our group, and the hostesses and servers were very accommodating. Love the fried shrimp! The patio is very nice and the live music is fun; however we sat inside this last time. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McAdoosGallogenovaDined on 5/31/2014The service was very nice. I purposely went at a time when it would be quiet, not so busy because I don't like busy, noisy, crowded place. I love the setting/architecture of this place. It feels nice. The food is good, not superb.
- Great Location, Fair FoodklambsterDined on 5/23/2014Located in an old post office, the ambience was great. The hostesses greeted us promptly and we sat right down. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The menu had variety. The con was that both my food and my husband's came out tepid in temperature. The plates were hot, the food was not. I had ordered the steak which came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. My husband had ordered the crawfish. We sent the food back and when it arrived again the food was warmer(I wouldn't say hot) but my asparagus was so overcooked it was blackened at the tips and soggy. While both managers came over to apologize for the cold food, they gave us no break on the price. My steak was just ok. Definitely not worth the $100+ price tag. May try again at lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening, Great foodlove2eatoutDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We love your restaurant and when I told her where I had made reservations she was very happy. The staff was perfect and always has been. The food was spectacular, as usual, and we enjoyed it very much. We recommend the restaurant to anyone who will listen and heartily recommend it to anyone who reads this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perceptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed the experience Our waiter was very good and friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.