606 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mcspiedoboston.com/
- Phone: 6174765606x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday: 7:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Wallace Christopher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties ranging in size from 6 to 20 people. Please contact Jerry Bourassa for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Pozerski 6173425550x
A word from M.C. Spiedo
James Beard award-winning Chefs Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier of acclaimed Maine restaurants Arrows and MC Perkins Cove, bring to the Seaport District their newest restaurant: M.C. Spiedo. Inspired by the Italian Renaissance the menu reflects the Chefs’ passion for the old world flavors of Florence, Bologna and Venice, along with their focus on farm-fresh ingredients and contemporary cooking techniques. M.C. Spiedo offers three private dining rooms for events up to 20 guests, an antipasti bar, a mobile cart delivering small bites, an all Italian wine list and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M.C. Spiedo reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (33)good for groups (26)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great Quality FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious - expertly prepared and creatively imagined. My dining companion and I each had a half portion of pastas (which is quite large itself) paired with some sides and appetizers. Our favorite was the eggplant soup. Perhaps the sleeper hit of the menu, it was truly outstanding. Definitely recommend this place for those diners who are interested in unique and well crafted Italian food.Special Features:
- Great food but cut the bread!PAS2539VIPDined on 8/19/2014I was here for a business lunch. The tuna sandwich was spectacular but served with too much bread. Of the three of us, two ate the tuna and left most of the bread behind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Super ClubHawkeyeDined on 8/17/2014A friend and I enjoyed the special Sunday Super Club menu with wine pairings. Everything was excellent and a bargain at $65 - tax and gratuity included.Special Features:
- MC SPIEDO, Boston's new jewelVINNIBDined on 8/17/2014From begining to end, it was outstanding. The food, the service, atmosphere, everything played together like a well orchestrated symphony. Six people at the table not one person had something negative to say. Our server, Juliana with her lovely smile and with such a professional touch made everything fall into place. Food that we knew, but prepared and put together in a way that it had your palate discovering new tastes. People from Boston do not miss the opportunity to try this restaurant. We are from Montreal, Canada and if it wasn't this far it would certainly be a place to go to. Wishing MC SPIEDO all the success it deserves. Vincent Bruno Montreal, CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceEnjoyItalianVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our party of five had an excellent overall dinner experience here at MC Spiedo on a Saturday evening in August. The food choices were unique and quite tasty. The service was excellent. The courses were spaced out perfectly and the wait staff were very attentive to our needs. This isn't your standard Italian eatery. It is a moderately priced restaurant that offers great tasting food and service to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!gr8foodVIPDined on 8/6/2014Not your typical Italian restaurant -- great small plates/apps that we all shared -- really interesting combinations of flavors in all of our dishes, wonderful service. We will return ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have dined at all of Mark and Clark's restaurants before (MC's, Arrows, Summer Winter) and MC Spiedo was a total disappointment. We were almost the only table in the restaurant during lunch and it took forever for the server to come over. There was a huge language barrier - but it was clear that even if language wasn't the issue our waiter wouldn't have been able to answer any of our questions about the menu or wine list. Our food came out at totally different times, and one dish had tinfoil stuck in it - we couldn't find our waiter to tell him, so we told someone else. He let the chef know and the chef could not have cared less about it (open kitchen so we could see his reaction to the ordeal). Awful.
- Best pizza !MarthaVIPDined on 7/31/2014I've tried several items of the menu but my favorite is the Pork Pizza with wild boar salame, salame toscano, prosciutto, sunchoke & mozzarella curd it's absolutely delicious. I highly recommend to people to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place -wonderful food!SuperbVIPDined on 7/18/2014This place was the grand finale for my trip to Boston. Was traveling through and read ahead on this place and without a doubt it served up delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative foodMeganVIPDined on 7/3/2014I wish there were more pasta vegetarian options (or some of the pastas could have omitted the meat), but that said, what I did get - the soup and salad - was great. The place definitely has a hotel-like / fort-point-designed-for-tourists atmosphere, which isn't the best, but was pleasant enough. I'd return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014MC Spiedo is a wonderful restaurant with fantastic food, ambience and service. The veal entree is to die for delicious. Mark and Clark have done it again! Recommend without any hesitation!Special Features:
- Dinner at M.C. SpiedoBuddymommieDined on 6/30/2014I was there on a Monday night so it was kind of empty. However, there was still a good vibe. The service was great as well as the food. There was a good selection to choose from, not overwhelming. We were there for my daughter's bday and as soon as we walked in they wished her Happy Birthday. Nice selection of wines and prices. Would definitely recommend and return there. Cannot give an accurate rating for noise level of restaurant as Mondays are typically an off night for restaurants.Special Features:
- a food lover1962Afoodlover1962VIPDined on 6/28/2014MC SPIEDO is my new to go destination in Boston The restaurant is whimsical in the welcoming décor ,the menu is original to Italian cuisine and offers a very well selected list of dishes prepared with the freshest products available from the market and farms . Perfect place to enjoy an early dinner before or after theater. I highly recommend MC Spiedo . I celebrated a friend 70th Birthday at SPIEDO and 10 years earlier we celebrated her Birthday at Arrows which now as closed, but we are happy to continue the tradition and tasting the amazing foods that Mark & Chris offer to their loyal customers .Special Features:
- Definetly worth it....willbbackDined on 6/28/2014We stopped at M.C. Spiedo for a pre-show dinner before going to see Cirque Du Soleil. We were quickly seated and the waitress was very knowledgeable about the food. We ordered some items from the Market Cart as well as some mains. All the food was excellent which is a bit of a shock on the account that it was a hotel's restaurant. I had an excellent Brook Trout with an amazing spring vegetable sauce. None of the other people that I dined with had a bad dish. We gave ourselves plenty of time to eat and catch the show so it was a relaxing evening. Wish I could have tried the homemade pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodFiDiGirlVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was pretty good. I love the crepe appetizer. The tagliatelle and gnudi were also quite delicious but the service was just terrible. The waitress was friendly but just not very good at her job and we didn't even see her for most of our meal. I still recommend the place. I have been there on other occasions for after work drinks and the staff seemed very responsive so this may have been the exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spiedo = speed walk awayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Limited menu. Apps were good but the entres were fair to greasy. Food descriptions sounded great on menu but the food was disappointing. My gnudis were drenched in oil. My husband's chicken was flavorless. The salmon portion was so tiny. Our waiter was good. Not worth a second chance. We will not return.
- Not a traditional Italian menuLisabDined on 6/19/2014I didn't like the 'complimentary' bread they served. It was like a big stale cracker with too much salt. I asked to buy bread but found they didn't have any! Ever heard of an Italian restaurant without bread? What I ordered was good, but the menu is not my idea of Italian fare - rabbit, duck, lamb. Bus staff was great, waitress not so much.Special Features:
- an unusual findTfheflockDined on 6/17/2014The atmosphere and decor are different from anmake dining fun. The homeday made pastaa and thethe salads are beautifullybringing presentedywhere eelse in the Seaport. Artisan cheeses and breads and a "market cart" appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's (M.C.) Spiedo TimeBeetGenerationDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed a lovely meal here after a recent Cirque show. Waitstaff was very attentive. Food was scrumptious, especially the polenta fries. One of our party ordered the salt cod and said it was the best she had ever eaten. We would definitely make a return visit should the opportunity arise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent night out in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed our first visit to Spiedo. The vibe couldn't be more different than Arrows (Ogunquit) and hits a number of notes of excellence. I would like to see a few more menu choices, perhaps by way of daily additions, but from beginning to finish, we had a delightful introduction to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston 'Arrows' reduxbostonflyboyVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have eaten at Arrows in Maine a number of times. Though I am sad to see Arrows close, its new manifestation in Boston is almost an equal. We had a wonderful meal after Cirque du Soleil. Only quibbles I have is that the English pea greens were an awkward addition to the spring lamb sugo and the too much parmesan overwhelmed the grilled spring asparagus side. Never got to taste the asparagus. And finally the noise level was very loud and it was hard to hear each other at our booth.Special Features:
- Good food and service; slow barDuaneVIPDined on 6/12/2014We had the pea soup and two of the pasta dishes and both were excellent. The Hazelnut chocolate torte for dessert was good but nothing that special. Service was prompt and friendly. The bar was the weak link as many other reviews have pointed out. Our soup arrived before our drinks. Would have given five stars for service aside from the bar. The waitress was very helpful with menu advice, portion estimates and very knowledgeable about the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and you can talkOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/10/2014It's not a typical hotel restaurant, it's a hidden foodie gem without obnoxious music or hearing the table next to you. Delicious spit roasted meats accompany house made pasta in various forms (bolognese, Torta) or stand alone (roast chicken). Meat, meat, delicious meat. Service is excellent, very attentive yet not obtrusive. Craft cocktails and the wine list? Also very good. What we really appreciate though is that it's quiet enough to have a normal conversation without straining to hear your table mates. Blissful quiet; background music is just that, in the background, and if you get a curtain lined booth you will hear neither the music nor the table next to you. Savor your food and drink, and enjoy a pleasant dinner conversation.Special Features:
- Hotel restaurantLeighDined on 6/7/2014It was an okay experience, the food was good, the staff was good, the ambiance was good & that's the issue, it was just good. We didn't find the WOW factor that we had hope for from an MC restaurant. We have had amazing dining experiences at Arrow & MC Perkins. It was a pretty safe menu & we ate it, but we thought it was basically a nice hotel restaurant, not a destination dining experience.
- M.C. SpiedoWickedFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Nice atmosphere, meh food. For the atmosphere, was expecting significantly better food. The service was outstanding.
- Mark & Clark do it againdla911VIPDined on 6/6/2014Lots of us were sad when Arrows in Ogunquit closed last year. But the two James Beard award winning chefs have opened a spectacular Italian theme restaurant in the Seaport. We recognized many of the dishes from Arrows Sunday night special off season dinners. The Grand Tortellini and Meat Torto is excellent as is the Bolognese. Be sure and try the small plates as well. Service is fast and the servers are very knowledgeable. The wine list is Italian and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch!ssmarVIPDined on 6/3/2014Tuesday's Market Cart Lunch Special was delicious and a great value. Our waiter, Nuno, provided excellent service and was very engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 5/31/2014This was the first time we have eaten at M.C. Spiedo. The decor is attractive, and we had the opportunity to sit in one of 4 special curtained booths! It was fun! We ordered eggs, burrata, and prosciutto with figs from their small plate cart. For appetizers, I ordered pea soup, and my husband got a pork pizza. Our friends split a mushroom pizza. For entrees, my husband had salmon, I had sirloin, my friend got pasta with lamb sausage, and her husband also ordered the salmon. Both the food and the service were excellent although my sirloin was a little too fatty.Special Features:
- Great Food, Slow ServiceTaraDined on 5/31/2014We were a party of 6 for a bday celebration. Our waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable of the menu. The food was delicious and the drinks were great. But, what was a complete downer was the speed of service. It was not a super-busy night (our waitress mentioned that), but it took 20 min for every round of drinks. Our food also came out noticeably late, and part of our order was missing. The kitchen eventually made the missing dish (free of charge). It was also our friend's bday, so we secretly asked for a dessert with candle. Abruptly, a kitchen staffer came out holding a piece of cake, announcing, "Who ordered the torte?" No candle, no build up.Special Features:
- Just OKDaveHDined on 5/31/2014We visited trying to see a bit of the Arrow's lineage and were disappointed - no valet parking, wait staff that was slow - some aspects of the menu were really neat - small plates, apps, etc but main dishes we ordered were just OK no rush to get backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2014Food overall was great, homemade pasta was excellent... only drawback was the service, our server would disappear (likely given too many tables) for long stretches of time, in fact a host had to take our dinner order...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for a late night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/30/2014A colleague and I were prepping for a conference presentation and wanted to get a later-night supper. I wasn't really expecting much more than the typical bar food menu, and I was surprised and then delighted by the menu and the food! Beautifully presented plates; delicious food. I highly recommend their pasta bolognese.Special Features:
- bt317Dined on 5/29/2014Great menu expertly prepared . Reasonable prices for such great quality. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected and DeliciousAni7Dined on 5/29/2014MC Spiedo works hard to break expectations. From the food cart that appears quickly after seating to the menu categories and options, everything is a little surprising, including the menu items themselves. Go to MCs if you want a fun, unique food experience. We were a group of four adventurers. Sitting in one of the curtained booths provided cozy privacy. The roasted chicken was beautifully prepared, as was the veal. If you like vegies, order them separately--all of us enjoyed their unique and flavorful preparations. I loved the spring pea soup, frothy, sweet and tangy. Of all the dishes that we had among ourselves, the Panna Cotta with stone fruit was not sweet or flavorful enough to satisfy. MCs has made great strides since opening.Special Features:
- FIRSTBORNWONDERVIPDined on 5/21/2014Food was great but a little on the salty side. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Turning 21...jharwarDined on 5/16/2014Being fans of Mark and Clark's Arrow's (which I just heard is for sale?) and MC's in Perkins Cove, I was eager to try the duo's Seaport eatery at the Rennaisance. Why do I think that a restaurant located in a hotel is going to be subpar from the get go? Maybe because I grew up when Howard Johnson's was around? Nevertheless, the 14th-century inspired menu had many good options: the fig and prosciutto pizza, meaty slabs of tuna and salmon, and my bolognese tagliatelle were all amazing. Small plate appies were also outstanding. The drinks menu and wine list needs improvement. We brought our own dessert--a homemade cake for the bday girl--and the wait staff cut and served it for nominal charge. All in all: an outstanding special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 5/14/2014I had to go to review for myself and can see if you go with high expectations you might be disappointed. However it is fun to explore and there is nothing "bad" to say here as the different take on Italian is a welcome change. Food was very well prepared and service was great on a "slow" night.Special Features:
- enjoyfoodDined on 5/11/2014All six of us had an excellent, un-rushed great breakfast for Mother's day and my wife's birthday. The vegan's and gluten free person were also happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four Star ****jp88Dined on 5/10/2014Great food, terrific server, Outstanding !!!! Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved this place!Boston19Dined on 5/9/2014I went here with my mom and boyfriend and we loved it. I had read some mediocre reviews before going but wanted to try it out so I was pleasantly surprised about how great it was! We started out with drinks at the bar (great selection and had exactly what we wanted) and then shared several appetizers and dinner. Everything we had was delicious and unique. We especially loved the ricotta crepes and the bolognese was the best I have had in a long time (can compete with the north end). The service was also wonderful - attentive and polite wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.