606 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mcspiedoboston.com/
- Phone: 6174765606x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday: 7:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Wallace Christopher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties ranging in size from 6 to 20 people. Please contact Jerry Bourassa for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Heather Pozerski 6173425550x
A word from M.C. Spiedo
James Beard award-winning Chefs Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier of acclaimed Maine restaurants Arrows and MC Perkins Cove, bring to the Seaport District their newest restaurant: M.C. Spiedo. Inspired by the Italian Renaissance the menu reflects the Chefs’ passion for the old world flavors of Florence, Bologna and Venice, along with their focus on farm-fresh ingredients and contemporary cooking techniques. M.C. Spiedo offers three private dining rooms for events up to 20 guests, an antipasti bar, a mobile cart delivering small bites, an all Italian wine list and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M.C. Spiedo reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)special occasion (26)good for groups (25)romantic (23)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Highly recommend!!Maxxie5VIPDined on 9/26/2014Second visit and still find M.C. Spiedo one of the best restaurants in Boston in value, food quality and service. The service is very welcoming and friendly. The layout of the restaurant, especially the charcuterie/tapas area is a high point of the experience. The asst chefs manning that area are amazing. Wonderfully friendly and knowledgeable about charcuterie and cheeses as well. The pastas are all made in house and all are wonderful. Inventive and creative menu as well.Special Features:
- MortonsisgreatDined on 9/20/2014This turned out to be a disappointing experience. The hostess was lovely, the table was great, the wait service was good, my dinner was excellent. When my dinner companions' food arrived, the steak was cold and the pasta dish appeared to have been sitting out for too long. The meals were replaced but not before the manager came to the table and expressed the opinion that the meals were not as bad as the complaints. Unfortunately, that fact marred the rest of the evening.
- Good Food and ServiceElefante24Dined on 9/20/2014Everything we ordered was cooked well and tasted great although there did seem to be a lot of salt in my pasta and way too much garlic in another pasta dish (I didn't think that you could ever have too much garlic before tasting this pasta). Severs were very attentive (a bit too much at times) and overall the whole experience was great.Special Features:
- GreatJohnkDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent staff was great only problem was it was hard to choose everything sounded great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great service and foodSouthieDinerDined on 9/19/2014We arrived a bit early and were told our table would be ready in a few minutes and we could wait in the bar. It was full and they readied our table right away for us. All of the staff were friendly and attentive. It was an early dinner so can't really comment on noise level and ambiance. The food was delicious. The burrata was tasty with garlicky toast, and the mushroom custard was also good. I had the spit roasted chicken, which was juicy and flavorful with pancetta under the skin, and was a whole small chicken cut up. I would maybe recommend getting one of their specialties instead to enjoy the menu more. My husband's veal dish with stone fruit and mustard sauce was delicious. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:
- hankDined on 9/17/2014Went for our anniversary. Service was perfect, complimentary Proseco, flowers at the table and many good wishes from the staff. Overall experience was excellent!!Special Features:
- Atmosphere just OKlovetogooutVIPDined on 9/13/2014Let me start by saying the food was fantastic as was the wine. However, the atmosphere was just OK. The lights were too bright and the place was a little too large and felt cold. The bar is so small and there is this lobby-like area that seems more hotel than restaurant. The restaurant wasn't very crowded for a Saturday night which is too bad because both the food and service were great.
- Fear not the hotel restaurant!PamelaHelenDined on 9/13/2014M.C. Spiedo exceeded our expectations! First of all, it's a gorgeous space, lushly decorated -- we were in one of their curtained booths, so lovely and private. Not enought room to extoll the food here, but it was really wonderful. Delicious on top of delicious. Don't miss the mushroom custard appatizer, the gnocchi (they call it Gnudi) or the bolonese, all fantastic. Well prepared, beautiful deep flavors. The waitstaff and other service staff were lovely, and so very attenitive and helpful. Julianna, our lovely server, was very knowlegeable about the menu and the wine list. All in all, a lovely evening. Valet your car; you get a discounted rate on the parking when you've dined at the restaurant.Special Features:
- So so restaurant3momsniteDined on 9/12/2014Given location that has been built up for good restaurants and tourist spots, we thought the restaurant would be in the same company as nearby Row 34 and Flemings. Unfortunately it was not. The artisan pasta had way too much cheese; pasta can be made better w/out that much cheese. The only saving grace is their pizza selection - the pesto/mozzarella and arugula/fig were good. For 3 mom's who go out to dinner once in awhile, it was disappointing for the price and location.
- Bolognese is absolutely deliciousSandy1967VIPDined on 9/6/2014The Bolognese is absolutely delicious. The desserts are just OK. Overall a great night out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Unusual menu with unique offerings. There is no traditional bread served even though some items on the menu, I feel would usually warrant it. Three of our party ordered the Bolognese which was thick and rich but very salty. The fact that they offer half orders is an excellent idea considering that they have an elaborate offering of tidbits and pizzas as appetizers. The resturant is very convenient to the Bank Pavillion concert tent.Special Features:
- Supper clubEatallthefoodsDined on 8/31/2014PORCHETTA!!!!!!! What an amazing meal. Truly an outstanding experience and value. The chef de cuisine Michael Sutton personally carved our entree table side and answered any questions. Our server Daniel made us feel comfortable and welcome with the polished service style of Arrows. Bravo, Mark and Clark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the meat pieNancyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We ordered a few item off of the market cart. Each were good but we were all left longing for a piece of bread or another crostini to sop up the burrata or slather with the walnut caponata. For my main, I ordered the gran torta and it was huge! The sweet crust paired really well the with ground meat and spinach tortellini. It was incredibly decadent. For dessert, we ordered the hazelnut torte and the lemon zeppole. Both portions were surprisingly large so be sure you order to share. The zeppole were still warm and coated in powder sugar. Their sweetness paired nicely with the bitter chocolate sauce. My favorite component off of the chocolate hazelnut dessert with the brittle. The torte itself was extremely rich. Staff were attentive.Special Features:
- It is OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We wanted try this new place, It is too red and overwhelming but we were there to dine, music was loud and not to my taste, I would have preferred some inclination towards Italian music although I know I was not mom and pap Italian restaurant. We had pizza first, it was greasy and pesto sauce was to overwhelming, my friend I had fish courses, she had halibut and it was tasty. I had King Salmon with no taste, good that there was some sort of sauce next to it which I mixed it up, otherwise fish itself was flat and not firm. We skipped the desert part. I guess with the reputation of Arrows, I had higher expectations. Apparently they had good wine selection though.
- Great Quality FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious - expertly prepared and creatively imagined. My dining companion and I each had a half portion of pastas (which is quite large itself) paired with some sides and appetizers. Our favorite was the eggplant soup. Perhaps the sleeper hit of the menu, it was truly outstanding. Definitely recommend this place for those diners who are interested in unique and well crafted Italian food.Special Features:
- Great food but cut the bread!PAS2539VIPDined on 8/19/2014I was here for a business lunch. The tuna sandwich was spectacular but served with too much bread. Of the three of us, two ate the tuna and left most of the bread behind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Super ClubHawkeyeDined on 8/17/2014A friend and I enjoyed the special Sunday Super Club menu with wine pairings. Everything was excellent and a bargain at $65 - tax and gratuity included.Special Features:
- MC SPIEDO, Boston's new jewelVINNIBDined on 8/17/2014From begining to end, it was outstanding. The food, the service, atmosphere, everything played together like a well orchestrated symphony. Six people at the table not one person had something negative to say. Our server, Juliana with her lovely smile and with such a professional touch made everything fall into place. Food that we knew, but prepared and put together in a way that it had your palate discovering new tastes. People from Boston do not miss the opportunity to try this restaurant. We are from Montreal, Canada and if it wasn't this far it would certainly be a place to go to. Wishing MC SPIEDO all the success it deserves. Vincent Bruno Montreal, CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceEnjoyItalianVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our party of five had an excellent overall dinner experience here at MC Spiedo on a Saturday evening in August. The food choices were unique and quite tasty. The service was excellent. The courses were spaced out perfectly and the wait staff were very attentive to our needs. This isn't your standard Italian eatery. It is a moderately priced restaurant that offers great tasting food and service to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!gr8foodVIPDined on 8/6/2014Not your typical Italian restaurant -- great small plates/apps that we all shared -- really interesting combinations of flavors in all of our dishes, wonderful service. We will return ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have dined at all of Mark and Clark's restaurants before (MC's, Arrows, Summer Winter) and MC Spiedo was a total disappointment. We were almost the only table in the restaurant during lunch and it took forever for the server to come over. There was a huge language barrier - but it was clear that even if language wasn't the issue our waiter wouldn't have been able to answer any of our questions about the menu or wine list. Our food came out at totally different times, and one dish had tinfoil stuck in it - we couldn't find our waiter to tell him, so we told someone else. He let the chef know and the chef could not have cared less about it (open kitchen so we could see his reaction to the ordeal). Awful.
- Best pizza !MarthaVIPDined on 7/31/2014I've tried several items of the menu but my favorite is the Pork Pizza with wild boar salame, salame toscano, prosciutto, sunchoke & mozzarella curd it's absolutely delicious. I highly recommend to people to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place -wonderful food!SuperbVIPDined on 7/18/2014This place was the grand finale for my trip to Boston. Was traveling through and read ahead on this place and without a doubt it served up delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative foodMeganVIPDined on 7/3/2014I wish there were more pasta vegetarian options (or some of the pastas could have omitted the meat), but that said, what I did get - the soup and salad - was great. The place definitely has a hotel-like / fort-point-designed-for-tourists atmosphere, which isn't the best, but was pleasant enough. I'd return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014MC Spiedo is a wonderful restaurant with fantastic food, ambience and service. The veal entree is to die for delicious. Mark and Clark have done it again! Recommend without any hesitation!Special Features:
- Dinner at M.C. SpiedoBuddymommieDined on 6/30/2014I was there on a Monday night so it was kind of empty. However, there was still a good vibe. The service was great as well as the food. There was a good selection to choose from, not overwhelming. We were there for my daughter's bday and as soon as we walked in they wished her Happy Birthday. Nice selection of wines and prices. Would definitely recommend and return there. Cannot give an accurate rating for noise level of restaurant as Mondays are typically an off night for restaurants.Special Features:
- a food lover1962Afoodlover1962VIPDined on 6/28/2014MC SPIEDO is my new to go destination in Boston The restaurant is whimsical in the welcoming décor ,the menu is original to Italian cuisine and offers a very well selected list of dishes prepared with the freshest products available from the market and farms . Perfect place to enjoy an early dinner before or after theater. I highly recommend MC Spiedo . I celebrated a friend 70th Birthday at SPIEDO and 10 years earlier we celebrated her Birthday at Arrows which now as closed, but we are happy to continue the tradition and tasting the amazing foods that Mark & Chris offer to their loyal customers .Special Features:
- Definetly worth it....willbbackDined on 6/28/2014We stopped at M.C. Spiedo for a pre-show dinner before going to see Cirque Du Soleil. We were quickly seated and the waitress was very knowledgeable about the food. We ordered some items from the Market Cart as well as some mains. All the food was excellent which is a bit of a shock on the account that it was a hotel's restaurant. I had an excellent Brook Trout with an amazing spring vegetable sauce. None of the other people that I dined with had a bad dish. We gave ourselves plenty of time to eat and catch the show so it was a relaxing evening. Wish I could have tried the homemade pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodFiDiGirlVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was pretty good. I love the crepe appetizer. The tagliatelle and gnudi were also quite delicious but the service was just terrible. The waitress was friendly but just not very good at her job and we didn't even see her for most of our meal. I still recommend the place. I have been there on other occasions for after work drinks and the staff seemed very responsive so this may have been the exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spiedo = speed walk awayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Limited menu. Apps were good but the entres were fair to greasy. Food descriptions sounded great on menu but the food was disappointing. My gnudis were drenched in oil. My husband's chicken was flavorless. The salmon portion was so tiny. Our waiter was good. Not worth a second chance. We will not return.
- Not a traditional Italian menuLisabDined on 6/19/2014I didn't like the 'complimentary' bread they served. It was like a big stale cracker with too much salt. I asked to buy bread but found they didn't have any! Ever heard of an Italian restaurant without bread? What I ordered was good, but the menu is not my idea of Italian fare - rabbit, duck, lamb. Bus staff was great, waitress not so much.Special Features:
- an unusual findTfheflockDined on 6/17/2014The atmosphere and decor are different from anmake dining fun. The homeday made pastaa and thethe salads are beautifullybringing presentedywhere eelse in the Seaport. Artisan cheeses and breads and a "market cart" appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's (M.C.) Spiedo TimeBeetGenerationDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed a lovely meal here after a recent Cirque show. Waitstaff was very attentive. Food was scrumptious, especially the polenta fries. One of our party ordered the salt cod and said it was the best she had ever eaten. We would definitely make a return visit should the opportunity arise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent night out in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed our first visit to Spiedo. The vibe couldn't be more different than Arrows (Ogunquit) and hits a number of notes of excellence. I would like to see a few more menu choices, perhaps by way of daily additions, but from beginning to finish, we had a delightful introduction to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boston 'Arrows' reduxbostonflyboyVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have eaten at Arrows in Maine a number of times. Though I am sad to see Arrows close, its new manifestation in Boston is almost an equal. We had a wonderful meal after Cirque du Soleil. Only quibbles I have is that the English pea greens were an awkward addition to the spring lamb sugo and the too much parmesan overwhelmed the grilled spring asparagus side. Never got to taste the asparagus. And finally the noise level was very loud and it was hard to hear each other at our booth.Special Features:
- Good food and service; slow barDuaneVIPDined on 6/12/2014We had the pea soup and two of the pasta dishes and both were excellent. The Hazelnut chocolate torte for dessert was good but nothing that special. Service was prompt and friendly. The bar was the weak link as many other reviews have pointed out. Our soup arrived before our drinks. Would have given five stars for service aside from the bar. The waitress was very helpful with menu advice, portion estimates and very knowledgeable about the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and you can talkOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/10/2014It's not a typical hotel restaurant, it's a hidden foodie gem without obnoxious music or hearing the table next to you. Delicious spit roasted meats accompany house made pasta in various forms (bolognese, Torta) or stand alone (roast chicken). Meat, meat, delicious meat. Service is excellent, very attentive yet not obtrusive. Craft cocktails and the wine list? Also very good. What we really appreciate though is that it's quiet enough to have a normal conversation without straining to hear your table mates. Blissful quiet; background music is just that, in the background, and if you get a curtain lined booth you will hear neither the music nor the table next to you. Savor your food and drink, and enjoy a pleasant dinner conversation.Special Features:
- Hotel restaurantLeighDined on 6/7/2014It was an okay experience, the food was good, the staff was good, the ambiance was good & that's the issue, it was just good. We didn't find the WOW factor that we had hope for from an MC restaurant. We have had amazing dining experiences at Arrow & MC Perkins. It was a pretty safe menu & we ate it, but we thought it was basically a nice hotel restaurant, not a destination dining experience.
- M.C. SpiedoWickedFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Nice atmosphere, meh food. For the atmosphere, was expecting significantly better food. The service was outstanding.
- Mark & Clark do it againdla911VIPDined on 6/6/2014Lots of us were sad when Arrows in Ogunquit closed last year. But the two James Beard award winning chefs have opened a spectacular Italian theme restaurant in the Seaport. We recognized many of the dishes from Arrows Sunday night special off season dinners. The Grand Tortellini and Meat Torto is excellent as is the Bolognese. Be sure and try the small plates as well. Service is fast and the servers are very knowledgeable. The wine list is Italian and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.