Mazza - 9th and 9th
912 E 900 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84105-1402Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
LebanesePrice: $30 and under
Mazza - 9th and 9th
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mazzacafe.com/
- Phone: (801) 521-4572
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Mazza provides both on and off-site catering. From casual lunch buffets to formal wedding dinners we cater to our clients wishes. Please contact us for pricing and detailed information.
Primary Contact: Luke Miller
A word from Mazza - 9th and 9th
Mazza Middle Eastern Cuisine has been an institution in Salt Lake City, Utah for more than 12 years. At Mazza you can enjoy fresh, authentic Middle Eastern cuisine such as falafel, shawarma, kebabs, dips, specialty entrees and salads prepared from scratch, using fresh, high quality ingredients. We proudly serve All-Natural (no hormones, no antibiotics, all vegetarian fed) lamb, beef and chicken. We use Utah’s own Niman Ranch beef and Morgan Valley lamb, along with the highest-quality chicken. Mazza boasts one of the largest selections of Middle Eastern beer and wine in the United States. Be sure to try one of the desserts for the perfect finish to your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mazza - 9th and 9th reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (9)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Journey to the Middle EastSheriffLVIPDined on 10/25/2014Mazza is easily Salt Lake City's best Middle Eastern restaurant. I've heard some complaints that the food isn't authentic; I can't speak to the authenticity of the dishes, but I can certainly attest to the quality of their food. Incorporate some mezze dishes for an especially interesting meal. They have an interesting and fairly-priced wine list focused around Middle Eastern wineries. The 9th and 9th location is a beautiful space that sets the tone for a lovely evening by successfully replicating the moody ambience of a cafe hidden amongst the tangled alleyways of some Middle Eastern souk. Our service was friendly and attentive; despite having to separate our bills, the waiter was very gracious and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious. As ever.LovethefoodDined on 10/9/2014It's been at least five years since I ate last at mazzas and the food was just as wonderful as the first year they opened and every subsequent year. I was so please when they opened a second location. Ali's food is such a treat. An absolute delight for my tastebuds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to spot for any occasionTabi42015Dined on 10/1/2014Mazza is a great spot for just about any occasion. I don't give it a full five stars because it can be a little noisy at times and not everyone will love the exotic food - especially kids. I personally find their food to be amazing. The menu has so many unique options and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. I also love the ambiance - its beautifully decorated and romantic.Special Features:
- Middle East FeastLuvflavorDined on 9/27/2014Always one of our favorites. We enjoy the chicken and potato Mutabbak. Also kind of a weird recommendation for a Lebanese restaurant, but we enjoy their fries and fry sauce...very addictive. Lime drink is also interesting. Kabob platters are also excellent. Baba ganooj is nice for an appetizer (our kids love it!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PlaceHorribleDined on 9/6/2014We love this restaurant,the patio is clean, cozy, and shaded. The waiting area is beautiful and comfortable. On our latest visit our food was fabulous and the servers was very helpful. Our food arrived quickly and the server helped us choose the most appealing dishes. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We sat outside and had a wonderful time watching the people walking by. We had family in town for a wedding. The wedding events have been very stressful. We needed a break and this was a very nice relaxing meal. The owner served our dessert. It was a very nice touch. The desserts may have been even better then the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be back!!MiluDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food, great wine list and friendly service!! I will be back soon!!Special Features:
- Best of the BestCalculusprincessDined on 8/20/2014I love Lebanese cuisine and this is the best. Very good quality. It is a labor intensive cuisine. Flavors are great, including the fresh limeade with rose water! I would eat here 3 times a day, 7 days a week if I could!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.WadeDined on 8/16/2014Great food, great service, fun ethnic experience. My wife doesn't generally like hummus and she loved their hummus.Special Features:
- Terrific in every wayPaleOneVIPDined on 8/9/2014Delicious food, great service, great atmosphere. For dinner, I recommend ordering the entrees over rice, instead of as sandwiches--makes a more satisfying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Mazza - 9th and 9th reviews archive.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Your staff are wonderful. 50 characters. No thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Eats!MRadDined on 5/17/2014Our Mazza experience this past Saturday night was exceptional, due to the company, the food and the service. We had been to Mazza on 15th and 15th and thought it very good, but the venue on 9th and 9th is much larger and has a better vibe, in my opinion. Although we dined indoors, the outdoor space looked very inviting. Our server, Britani sp?, could not have been any better. The whole experience was excellent and we will definitely return to Mazza!Special Features:
- Mazza 9th and 9th is a gemJimFDined on 4/28/2014Mazza is consistently excellent. Start with the cocktails. I never drink them, but when I saw dark and stormy and caipirinha they brought back memories of trips in the past. The entrées ware perfectly cooked and above all seasoned beautifully. The restaurant like the one at 15th and 15th gets full early. For a trip to the Middle East, try MazzaSpecial Features:
- First time dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This was my first visit and will definitely go back! Food was wonderful, and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love this place.HayleyVIPDined on 4/10/2014I've been here several times and every single to the food has been beyond amazing, the service has been friendly and attentive, and the I've left 100% happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful servicePeterDined on 4/5/2014The food and service, not to mention the ambience/decor, were all impeccable. This was our first of what will undoubtedly be many visits. Our server, Mark, was friendly and attentive without being obsequious or interrupting. He made good recommendations on the food and encouraged us to try the baklava which was truly amazing. No complaints, we're happy diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialbobfdrDined on 3/31/2014The food alone would provide sufficient reason to head to Mazza. But the succulent decor and the excellent service add even more to the experience. We often bring visitors to Mazza, and we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free goodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014Excellent service, and the Gluten free options were plentiful and well marked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I really enjoyed the food at Mazza Cafe; very, very good; substantial portion size and a significant variety. Service was excellent; Melissa was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our dining experienceLizeDined on 1/9/2014We enjoyed our dining experience very much. Middle Eastern cuisine was new to us but we will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite!AndiVIPDined on 12/27/2013Mazza has become one of my favorite places to dine. The food, service and ambience are all fantastic! The owner can be often seen mixing it up with guests, getting drinks and asking how everything is going. It's great and nice to see. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Best value in SLCRainyDined on 12/21/2013Some of the best food in town, for very reasonable prices; love this place!Special Features:
- Dancing Taste BudsCC1158Dined on 12/20/2013The enviornment is very inviting and has great design. I've been here a few times for dinner and always enjoyed the flavorful dishes. Lunch was no exception and everything we ordered was fantastic! I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmospherejcjudd01Dined on 12/14/2013Loved our night there, food was all fantastic and authentic, lots of choices on the menu. Foodserver knew the menu well and was very attentive, just the right amount. Atmosphere is very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!MBettyDined on 12/14/2013I've been going to Mazza since they opened their first location on 15th and 15th and it never disappoints! I live about an hour away and whenI come to Salt Lake and when I'm looking for a greta place with charm, good people and awesome food, Mazza is always the first on my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mazza never disappoints!ChrisLDined on 11/11/2013Kafta sandwich is among the Top 5 lunches to be found in SLC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013We let our waiter know we were on a restrained time frame as we were heading to the theater and rah was enough for them to make our experience even better. No stress we Order sampler appetizers which were delicious and beef kabobs! Food Was outstanding. Felt like dining at a Lebanese restaurant in New York City! Highly recommended! Great experience. Will definitely comeback and taste some more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant!!!!DebsterDined on 11/2/2013Mazza is one of my favorite restaurants. I always like what I get and love trying new entrees.Special Features:
- Dinner at MazzaCarlyVIPDined on 10/22/2013Hadn't been into Mazza for a while and was reminded why I need to go more often! Everything is seasoned so well, exotic but comforting flavors. The staff was welcoming and attentive. I have always been a fan of Mazza and was blown away by the flavors, from appetizers to the desserts. A true gem in Salt Lake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place Far Away Right in SLC!!DweebieDined on 10/19/2013Maza on 9th & 9th brought a taste of the far away mediterranean cuisine right to this quaint neighborhood in SLC. The service was on point with out being overbearing. Our server had an intimate familiarity with the cocktails and wine list. Many of the wines we had never tried. She was able to guide or selection to match our meals and our tastes. Excellent. The food was amazing. The spices and aromas carried us away. Additionally, the pace of the meal was fabulous. We were not rushed or hurried to finish our meal. We were able to enjoy every course to its fullest. This is definitely a place we will go back to again and again..... Thanks so much!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceRadrodenVIPDined on 10/9/2013Our waiter Mark made the entire experience a lot of fun. My wife truly enjoyed the lamb and spinach. Be sure to save a little room for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad that I returned!luv2singDined on 10/5/2013It had been several years since visiting the Mazza location at 15th and 15th. A friend and I decided to do "dinner-and-a-movie" and thought that dinner at Mazza at 9th and 9th and a movie at the Tower Theater would make a great evening. We had a great time together and it started off with the fabulous meal at Mazza. Everything from appetizer to dessert was wonderful. I carefully choose a spot to eat out only about once every couple of months due to limited budget and so I never want to feel disappointed. I am happy to report that I was very pleased with all aspects of the outing.Special Features:
- ExcellentmmarkerVIPDined on 10/4/2013We had dinner at Mazza with friends and we all enjoyed our dinner. The chicken and potatoes is always a hit. The lamb kabob with an eggplant dish was very good. As always the hummus was terrific. As a table we also enjoyed a red wine from Israel that was excellent.Special Features:
- Best middle eastern foodPaneraiVIPDined on 9/19/2013Amazing food prepared from the heart, great service and excellent wine selection from the Mediterranean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2013Our group picked 4 new things from the menu and now we have 4 new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite diningKenSDined on 8/30/2013We made reservations at Mazza for a group of 7 to celebrate a special family occasion. Fortunately, the timing of our occasion was such that 5:00pm was a perfect time to arrive for dinner, and we were the only patrons in the restaurant when we arrived. Our orders were taken as soon as we were ready, and our dinner arrived at our table very soon after. The food was wonderfully seasoned in Middle Eastern style and was superb. The service was also very attentive and welcoming. Even the restaurant, while not elegant, was warm and relaxing. The entire experience was a perfect environment for our celebration, and I look forward to our next visit to Mazza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Notable SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2013This was my first visit to Mazza in Salt Lake City (9th and 9th). The food, service, and atmosphere were top notch. Portions were generous. Food was well seasoned and delicious. Definitely a place to add to your list if you are looking for a special spot to take your spouse or friends. Thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant and will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After ThoughtsrardiningDined on 8/19/2013First off - We love Mazza and have been patrons since the early days on 15th & 15th! The 9th & 9th location is much larger and easier to get a table. The food, vegetarian eggplant for myself and a med-rare beef served over rice were prepared perfectly to our liking. We always order the Walnut and Red pepper appitizer and it certainly did not disappoint either! Our waiter was great until the food arrived (and his girl friends). After that we became invisible. I had to repeatedly try to get his attention and when he did arrive I had to remind him about what I had already asked for. I wanted to get a dessert to share but by the time I would have ordered, I was too weary. We also only had one drink each which is unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return again!RachelDined on 8/16/2013This is the first time we visited this restaurant and it did not disappoint. The flavors of the food were unique and delicious. We will come again and will recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dinner at MazzaKat3054Dined on 8/2/2013We have been to Mazza's a few times and it has always been incredible. Went there on Friday night for my daughters bday. We didn't think that we would be able to get in it being a weekend, but made reservation online that same day and it was awesome. We were all so excited. The food is awesome and am looking forward to our next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MumtazOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2013Mumtaz means excellent in Arabic - and this is a very solid Arabic / Mediterranean restaurant. Go enjoy it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.