Mayur Cuisine of India
2931 East Coast Highway
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Mayur Cuisine of India
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mayur-oc.com/
- Phone: 9496756622
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM (close between lunch ad dinner) Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Comfort Food, Indian
- Executive Chef: Singh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We cater as per your specific requirement. Please contact us for further details.
A word from Mayur Cuisine of India
Acclaimed for our authentic food, friendly service and quaint ambiance for past 26 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mayur Cuisine of India reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great twist on Indian fareOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/27/2013Mayur of India is a great restaurant offering unique Indian food with the freshest ingredients. The menu offers the usual items one would expect but with different use of herbs and sauces. The tandoori chicken is among the best we've ever had and the cauliflower with potato is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Good but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2013The food is great but totally overpriced. We had a reservation but still had to wait for almost 30 minutes.Special Features:
- Good food but TOO fast949RealtorDined on 2/14/2013Decor was very nice. Staff was very nice. Food was good but a bit pricey. Service was entirely too fast. The place was nearly empty but they had us fully served with the bill on the table in 29 min. Everything would have been perfect if it weren't as though they wanted us out ASAP. One reason may be because they do a huge amount of take-away business. It's clearly a local favorite for take-away as evidenced by the dozens of bagged meals in the entrance waiting to be picked up.Special Features:
- My husband and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2013My husband and I really enjoyed the ambience and the food. There were not many people in the restaurant but they looked like they were doing a busy take-out service. The server was very attentive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not the best I've ever had,WendiVIPDined on 1/22/2013Not the best I've ever had, but quite good. Elegant but cozy.Special Features:
- Haven't been here for severalcapocarolDined on 1/20/2013Haven't been here for several years as I don't live close by. Now I wonder why I didn't make the drive before! The food was scrumptious. Enjoyed the new items such as the sweet potato appetizer, quinoa salad, lamb and rice pudding. We had great service and cleaned our plates, left with a satisfied tummy and smile on our face.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, bad musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013The food was outstanding! Some of the best authentic cuisine I have ever tasted. Service was a little slow even tho there were only two tables seated at the time. Still they were polite and friendly. Music was loud and annoying.Special Features:
- Good food, but need to reduceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2012Good food, but need to reduce prices. Too expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- The dinner was not a rave.SusieVIPDined on 11/2/2012The dinner was not a rave. We ordered our food not spicy and it came very spicy. We didn't like the choices of the pre fixe dinner and found the regular menu prices were the same as our coupon so no savings there because we paid full price for our dinner. What I'm trying to say is the coupon was supposedly worth $96.00 and we paid $48.00 but we did not get $96.00 worth of food, only $48.00 worth. Also, We ordered Saki Martinis and they tasted like water with no alcohol in them. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone as it was a huge disappointment.
- AMAZING Indian food! EvenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2012AMAZING Indian food! Even the saffron and cumin rice was incredible. I definitely would recommend Mayur to anyone.
- Had not visited for a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012Had not visited for a few years and was good as ever.Special Features:
- RIPOFF!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2012This restaurant was A RIPOFF!!! The food was tasteless and the service was nothing above ordinary. The price was also extremely high for such a bad restaurant. DO NOT eat here if you have any experience with good Indian food, since this tastes nothing like Indian food. Most of the dishes were bland and tasted the same. The meat wasn't cooked well and the food was just very tasteless. I wouldn't come back and DON'T recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Very good value if you canalphonso14VIPDined on 6/20/2012Very good value if you can find one of their 50% off coupons.
- We had a very enjoyable mealVaughnVIPDined on 6/5/2012We had a very enjoyable meal at Mayur. We each shared a different entree and all three of them were very, very tasty. I would have asked, however, that they turn up the heat level for the lamb vindaloo. I was expecting a bit more fire in the dish. I should have asked if that was possible but did not. My mistake. The price for a meal can add up very quickly because everthing is priced separately including the various breads, rice and vegetables that are available. They have a set course meal and price available for lunch which we will take advantage of in the near future. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Romantic Sunday brunchRonniDined on 5/20/2012Lovely decor, impeccable service and very, very good Indian food + champagne made for a special brunch! Tranquil Indian music was nice as well. Surprised more people don't know about it. Food was delicious and spiced just right, not too hot, but flavorful. Good value, too.Special Features:
- Used to come here frequentlyPSnBDweekendDined on 5/5/2012Used to come here frequently years ago, but somehow stopped ... so glad we came back ... even better than we remembered~ The food is delicately and lovingly prepared and each dish bursting with flavors and aromas that are truly over-the-top. LOVED every bit of every dish, and there were 4 of us and we had quite a sampling of 3 appertizers, 5 dishes to share and two desserts ... really reasonably priced, excellent service and a superior dining experience!Special Features:
- An understanding of IndianBobstayDined on 5/4/2012An understanding of Indian food will help in selecting the combinations of food that will be most appreciated.Special Features:
- Very disappoiningps902Dined on 4/27/2012Prices are high and food seems to be "Americanized" Indian food, lacking the intensity of Indian flavors we have experienced in other restaurants (not the heat of the food). Dal was much too liquid, the okra dish was overcooked and some okra were too old and stringy, and with the chicken tikka masala the sauce was ok but the tikka flavor was missing. The price and quality are out of line with each other.
- Something Different in CdMOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/25/2012This is a good place to go for a relatively quiet meal. Service is attentive. The homemade chutneys are fresh and filled with flavor.Special Features:
- Good food. Needed to askOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2012Good food. Needed to ask for extra spices to get it hot enough for our taste. Nice environment, good food. We will go back again.Special Features:
- First time at Mayur and weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012First time at Mayur and we were quite pleased with everything. The shrimp Beryani was exceptional.Special Features:
- Mayur has been a gem in CoronaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2012Mayur has been a gem in Corona del Mar for so long, and there is a reason! If you like Indian food, you will not be disappointed in any of their dishes. The service is great, ambiance intimate but not uncomfortably so and the wine list is good. Don't miss the opportunity to dine here, it is one of our most favorite in the area.Special Features:
- Restaurant week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/23/2012Great for lunch with co-workers or casual dining. Very accommodating and superb tasting food!Special Features:
- Excellent food and awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2012Excellent food and awesome ambiance. My guest and I really enjoyed are experience here.Special Features:
- Ok, but massively overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011Reasonable, but not great food. If it had been half the price, I would be happy to go again. Unfortunately a simple meal for 2 (no alcohol) cost $120 - simply not worth it.
- on the expensive side withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/22/2011on the expensive side with $20 + entrees and al a carte charges for rice
- Despite making a reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Despite making a reservation, they had given up our table, even though we were five minutes early. We then waited over fifteen minutes for a NEW table. The portions were miniscule and the service abrupt at best. Really a disappointment.
- Food was fantastic! YUM.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2011Food was fantastic! YUM. We will be going back for sure. They didn't have my open table reservation for some reason, but they were able to seat us immediately.Special Features:
- After making my open tableDennisVIPDined on 10/14/2011After making my open table reservation, the owner/hostess saw fit to seat 3 walk-in tables before me and the "wasn't sure" she had a table for us. What is the point of making a reservation if they are not going to honor it.
- Excellent Indian restaurantKeffcoVIPDined on 8/4/2011This was easily the best Indian food we have experienced for years. Very friendly service, owner/operator supervising the entire effort. Reserve to be sure of a seat.Special Features:
- It was my first time havingblondieVIPDined on 6/10/2011It was my first time having authentic Indian food and I was asking a million questions. the manager gave me a card for 20% off my next visit! I will go back regardless of the discount.Special Features:
- Lovely decor, excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011Lovely decor, excellent food, Great service. Very pleasant time. We plan on going back to try different dishes. Not too casual but not stuffy either. You can be dressed casual or dressier and feel comfortable there. I like that you can share the different items you order. Large and small groups were there and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I chose to go for my bithday and really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Reservation was confirmedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/29/2011Reservation was confirmed through OpenTable, but the restaurant was not ready to serve anyone outside of another larger party that had just shown up. We were acknowledged when we walked in, and promptly forgotten without a hint of an apology. Since a long 20 minute wait for the "promised" table did not materialize, my family and I decided to leave to find an alternative in the area. One and done - never going back.
- Must have the tandoori lambOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2011Must have the tandoori lamb chops!! Their tandoori is the real deal and the only true tandoori oven in the OC. Staff is super pleasant and friendly. You can tell they take pride in their creations.Special Features:
- I've been dining here forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2010I've been dining here for 25+ years! Love it! We had our wedding dinner here and come back every New Year's!Special Features: