470 Green Street
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maykadehrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (415) 362-8286
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:45am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Persian, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Having access to six restaurants in our organizations we are able to present to our customers arrays of international flavors and choices.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Sasha 4153628286
A word from Maykadeh
Welcome to Maykadeh Restaurant, where Persian tradition and a thousand years of history come together and creates one of the most unique restuarants in North America. We also serve halal food in addition to our regular menu and many of our customers love us for the quality and exceptional taste of our dishes!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maykadeh reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Promoted by a Hotel TV channel aFsakerDined on 10/23/2014Disappointed with food variety and location. We were looking forward to San Francisco high quality food experience, the restaurant was empty in isolated neighborhood.
- Delicious!courtney5xDined on 10/11/2014We were able to make a last minute reservation via OpenTable here on a Saturday night - which is hard to do in San Francisco! The food was absolutely fantastic, and it was a nice place for our one-year wedding anniversary. Not overly frou-frou, but sophisticated enough that we had a great time but casual enough to feel comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable servicenyc2sfDined on 10/4/2014I was unfamiliar with Persian food, so wait staff was very good with recommendations + patient w/ explanations. Flavors are interesting + subtle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceHeyCedDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant wasn't overly crowded the night I went and the waiter was very prompt in attending to us. Not surprised that we didn't know much about Persian food, he happily and readily helped us navigate the menu. I was exceedingly happy with his recommendation. The food was delicious and the serving was generous. Must try!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food prepared well We will return. Easy valet parking definitely a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!IWFoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food is consistently good and distinctively flavored! Always a treat to eat here!Special Features:
- Persian restaurantdesireeVIPDined on 8/14/2014The entrees at this restaurant are delicious and the portions are huge, so come with an empty stomach. We were less impressed with the mezzes, particularly the typical dips, whether yogurt or vegetable-based. The salads were also nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- ALWAYS The Best PersianDineTownVIPDined on 8/13/2014We LOVE Maykadah and we have to take any of our guests there for at least one dinner. The food is excellent and the service is very sweet and caring. Even if we have to wait for our table, the wait is definitely worth it.
- Delightful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014The food was well prepared and presented and, according to the Iranian in the group, authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely rude servicekageVIPDined on 8/2/2014First, they did not honor our reservation. Second, they were not even apologetic about it and expected us to just deal with it. When the table was finally ready, the guy from the reception basically just threw few menus on the table, asked us to sit and left. Very rude. There was a family of foreign tourists that were sitting beside us and were done with their meal. They asked the restaurant to see if they could call them a cab. The waiter told them it was a busy Saturday night and they could not help them. I called an Uber for them to get to their hotel. I am extremely upset at the way they behave with their guests. I would recommend never to go here for any service even though the food was decent.
- good Persian foodu600213Dined on 8/2/2014I had a reservation on Saturday night. On arrival the place was packed but we were seated within 5 minutes of the appointed time. Food was excellent and large portions. Raw onion and mint served with flat bread. Shirazi salad was fresh. I liked my Koobideh and my wife liked her lamb shank stew (ghorme sabzee). Tables are close together and it was pretty noisy but not annoying, just lively. Totally satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food service little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great tasting and very fresh. Tough to find parking, and the service was slow. We did not have anyone seat us for almost 15 min despite reservation. But overall good food but not remarkable. If you are in the neighborhood and do not need parking its worth a visit but Little Italy has better placesSpecial Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the Maykadeh reviews archive.
- Best Persian in the Bay AreaDineTownVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is excellent as always. However, we had to wait for more than 40 minutes despite having a reservation. The only reason I waited was because I knew it will be worth it.
- Awesome Persia Foodluv2dineDined on 6/28/2014We went there for the first time on Father's day for dinner and were very happy with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellent as always! Cannot go wrong with this one...Special Features:
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014We had a work luncheon at Maykadeh after seeing it featured on Check Please Bay Area. It was terrific, though a bit of a walk from downtown SF since it is in North Beach. The food was excellent and the service absolutely outstanding. The day we went it was very quiet, only 2 other groups aside from ours. The gentleman who served us could not have been nicer or more informative about the food. The hummus and flatbread were fresh and delicious. We tried 3 different Kebabs, all were unique and delicious, the rice and baked tomato were excellent as well. We also tried the bastani, baklava, and cream caramel desserts. All were excellent, and the coffee was terrific too. Huge portions, very good value. Highly recommend. We will return.Special Features:
- PrincessPrincessVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great Persian food....the best in the bay area. We really enjoyed our time on a Sunday early afternoon having a nice meal and walking to a show in the area:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special FindOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/2/2014Went to Maykedeh after seeing it featured on "Check Please". Was not disappointed as food and service were everything reviewers had said. I had the lamb shank and my wife had the chicken thigh kebob. Both were outstanding as was the greek salad we split. Will repeat!Special Features:
- Used to be betterMeiravDined on 5/30/2014Went with my siblings. Service is mean!! I asked to sample their soup, she refused to let me sample it. Asked to spilt an order, of course the answer was no! What heppened to good customer service?? It felt as though she couldn't be bothered with us. Food was good, but definitely had far superier Persian food. Portions of the stew are very small for the price they charge.
- Persian at it's Bestset11224VIPDined on 5/28/2014Absolutely delicious Persian food. Huge portions - 3 of us took home enough leftovers for dinner. Wonderful history of Iran given to us by the charming host. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEatingLikeItsMyJobVIPDined on 5/24/2014Decor is from the 90s, noise level in dining room is absurdly loud, service is forgetful and harried (seems short-staffed) and the food was average and far too expensive for the quality and overall experience. SF has AMAZING places to eat for the same price points, Maykadeh misses the mark completely for the caliber of food in our city. I'm more than happy to drop $100-$800 for a *great* meal for 2 people, but this was not one. This was my 2nd try dining here and it's completely forgettable. Definitely a waste of $120.
- always greatDANNYVIPDined on 5/21/2014Maykadeh is by far the best Persian restaurant in the Bay AreaSpecial Features:
- Consistently Good!!!!ConsistentlyGreatDined on 5/13/2014I have been coming to this place for over 30 years - consistently good food, good service, great location, VALET parking makes it a GREAT dining establishment in North Beach area of San FranciscoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maykadeh ExperiencewingjVIPDined on 5/4/2014It was our first time since we saw Check Please Bay Area -- thoroughly enjoyed our dinner from appetizers to the entrees. We plan to visit often especially since we live close by.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItElbonDined on 5/3/2014Great food and valet available for only $10. Pretty busy area in the heart of North Beach. Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Kebabs!FoodessVIPDined on 4/23/2014I always go to Maykadeh for chicken breast kebab..really excellent. The grilled vegetables are very good, as well, and I wish they would put a few more on the plate.. Cocktails are well-made.Special Features:
- Fabulous Persian FoodjaeclecticDined on 4/20/2014Everything my friend and I ordered was delicious, and brought back happy memories of meals we had when we traveled to Iran. Be sure to save room for the Bastani (saffron and pistachio ice cream). If you are planning to go here with a vegetarian, make sure they check the menu first, because the options are limited.Special Features:
- Great place to have a quiet lunchMadeleinetpVIPDined on 4/7/2014The food was delicious. The restaurant is comfortable and it is delightful to be able to talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Forty Years!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2014Maykadeh has been outstanding for the last forty years; this is an amazing record. We always put a visit to Maykadeh on our itinerary when we are in San Francisco. It never disappoints. This visit something else struck us: among fine dining establishments in this city full of hundreds, it is comparatively inexpensive.Special Features:
- Long way from what it was..CruiserVIPDined on 3/19/2014The food is just "OK" these days and there is far batter Persian food in the Bay Area. Besides, what kind of restaurant doesn't accept AMEX??? Totally ridiculous..
- I'm a fanScottDined on 3/15/2014Unique menu, fair prices, incredible flavors, great service. The lamb tongue was worth traveling for. I didn't tell the family what I ordered as they would never had tried it. We all agreed that it was one of the dest dishes we ever had. The mountain oyster (balls) were o.k., had to try them once. The rack of lamb excellent and the filtet/lamb combo superb. The did overcook the lamb shank (hard to do) otherwise the food would have had 5 starsSpecial Features:
- expectations metSFnativeDined on 3/11/2014I hadn't been to Maykadeh for about 2 years. I have found that with some well established SF restaurants that in that period of time,things change. I can say without question, Maykadeh is just as fabulous as I had come to expect. It is a restaurant for all occasions. I prefer eating there in groups so the many outstanding appetizers can be enjoyed with the fresh pocket bread. The seasonings are distinct without being overpowering. This time we had the Chelo-Kebab Koobideh and the Joojeh Kebab for our main entrees. The basmati rice was cooked to perfection. If you don't fill up on the main dishes, the homemade baklava is a great way to finish of a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The flavour and quality of the dishes was superb, service was swift and friendly. The restaurant is quite animated and filled with groups. If you like Persian food you should go there, if you've never tried it it's a great place to start, they have all kinds of dishes, those suited for more adventurous palates and also those for conservative ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceBjabbDined on 3/1/2014We had a party of 7 that turned into 9 and teu accommodated us with such grace and hospitality that it felt like having dinner at a friends restaurant. The good was awesome and prices can't be beat for the city. Great server and the valet was KEY fr Saturday night at north beach grant & green area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014This is a special place - great food, service and atmosphere. Order the 'Joojeh Soltani' amd go home happy. The appetizers are as delicious and exotic as they sound. The gormeh sabzi and fesen joon are also delectible. A side of tadig is devine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant to take yourTheExceptionDined on 2/15/2014Great restaurant to take your girlfriend to. I surprised my girlfriend here and she loved it. Very romantic and the ambience was perfect. Couldn't ask for a better anniversary date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeDined on 2/12/2014Great food and service. Loved every dish. All dishes were recommended. Lamb chops amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maykadeh always makes my day!!!SuziesparklesVIPDined on 2/1/2014I HIGHLY recommend ordering the Jujeh kabob as a entree which is an extremely moist and succulent large serving of boneless chicken thighs marinated in lime and spices. Been coming here for many years & it's still my favorite. It comes with incredible persian rice which is long grained, fluffy & basted in saffron, a roasted tomato & asparagus as sides. We're also especially fond of the torshi which is a side dish of sour marinated vegetables that is hard to describe (sounds terrible but trust me, it's addictive) that goes over the rice and/or chicken and gives it a tasty pungent flavor contrast. Finally, be sure to save room for the incredibly decadent home made rose petal and pistachio ice-cream. The perfect finale to an excellent meal!Special Features:
- Authentic Persian FoodRochdinerDined on 1/26/2014I usually try to head to Maykadeh whenever in town. The grilled meats are very tender and well flavored. The setting is cozy and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Food terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014We took a group on Non Persian people to enjoy their first Iranian meal, the food was fantastic, really but the service was awful! It took twenty minutes just to get water!Special Features: