Maxx Seafood & Grill
160 York Blvd.
Richmond Hill, ON L4B3J6Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Maxx Seafood & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxxseafoodandgrill.ca/
- Phone: 9057715228
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maxx Seafood & Grill
Maxx is a newly developed Seafood and grill concept aimed at providing a beautiful atmosphere, top notch service and a mouth watering blend of cultures through our feature dishes. Whether it’s a birthday, a night out or a business lunch the Maxx difference will be waitingContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maxx Seafood & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012If you enjoy seafood this restaurant is a good option. We had appetizers and main courses in the seafood category and they all came with good servings of quality ingredients. Don't expect attentive service as we never got bread which was served to other tables. They did replace an appetizer that had problems.Special Features:
- good food lousy serviceHowardDined on 12/15/2012This was our first visit based on the reviews we read. It took 15 minutes before they took our drink order. We also ordered at the same time. 5 minutes later I had my appetizer and 2 minutes later our main course was brought to the table. We did not get the wine we ordered until I canceled the order for it. It was later brought to us on the house. After dinner we waited another 20 minutes before our server asked us if we would like anything else. Aside from the service the food was quite good. There was a large Christmas party which could have lead to the delays.
- Good Food but Poor Staffs!Loong97Dined on 12/3/2012There was no maitre in the waiting area. Then a waiter had noticed us after several minutes, my reservation was NOT on their book. It was not a good start! I was using my Travel Zoo coupon. There were a lot of discrepancy between the coupon's fine print and what the restaurant said, not a pleasant experience at all. Finished our soup, the bread did not come. Needed to ask for it. The service staffs were not well trained. The food was alright. At least, the manager-Bill was working hard to follow up some issues, but he could not do every single thing by himself.
- The seafood was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012The seafood was great, but all the other food wasn't good. What do you expect from a seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- There was a private functionBrianDined on 11/11/2012There was a private function the same night with live band music and singing. Food is great with specials right now. Food is of high quality and definitely will recommend my friends and others to visit.Special Features:
- Food was quite mediocre/bad.TorontoVIPDined on 11/9/2012Food was quite mediocre/bad. Oysters were poorly shucked, but fresh - $1 Malpeques. Cherry stone clams were super fishy. The steak sauce was too salty, and the quality of the tuna (pan seared Ahi tuna) was terrible. Avoid at all costs, especially at $22.95! Atmosphere is very nice. Service was okay, but the waiter must have been new, because he couldn't answer any questions we had. Would maybe go back only for oysters.Special Features:
- A TERRIBLE PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Upon arrival, our party three was ushered into the dining room by an angry looking waitress, who sat us down and then proceeded to leave us without menus for the better part of 15 minutes. Our "bread" was brought to our table, and it looked like it was from a cheap motel. Worse yet, it was cold, and our server completely ignored our complaints. Our appetizer of a calamari was far too salty - sadly, it would be the best part of our meal. Our entrees arrived - linguine de mere, half a BBQ chicken and fish and chips. However, my clam chowder had yet to arrive! All our entrees were terrible, and some of the food was obviously just reheated from a "frozen emtree" box. Would not recommend anybody to go!
- a little small....MemoriesVIPDined on 10/22/2012The staff were wonderful! The food was good but the portions were small.Special Features:
- Disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Overall, somewhat disappointed. We ordered a total of four dishes. The lobster bisque was mediocre to average, lighter in colour and not as rich as bisque usually is, and with only mild lobster flavour. The french onion soup was average, good flavour but a bit salty.The grilled fillet of turbot was disappointing, and I'm not even sure it was turbot. It turned out to be steaks, not a fillet - but as a flat fish, I'm not sure how you can even get steaks from a turbot! We had also specified not greasy - which should not be an issue with grilled fish anyway. When it arrived, the fish was lightly breaded, but extremely greasy. The best dish was the lobster with ginger, scallion and garlic. Good flavours but slightly overdone.Special Features:
- Overall, I would say thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Overall, I would say this place is just ok. I went with the Travelzoo voucher and my husband and I had the surf and turf. Steak was overcooked and I've had better lobster. It took the waiter 10 minutes to greet us. Not good enough to return.
- Service very poor!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2012We were looking forward to trying the crab as reviews said it was good crab. We arrived for a 7:30PM Saturday Sep 22nd reservation and the hostess was very pleasant and we were seated right away. We were seated in the dining room area (not the bar area). The wait staff seemed very disorganized - brought our bread basket (twice) and then waited about 1/2 hour for 2 drinks - waiter brought one glass of wine for another table and one for my table but no drink for my husband. Servers approached our table several times (and other tables) with incorrect food orders. Live music was TOO loud, even after he asked if it was too loud. Service was very poor!!! Ended up leaving at 8:45 as main dishes were not out yet.