1380 9th St E
West Fargo, ND 58078Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.maxwellsnd.com/
- Phone: 7012779463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am -2:00pm
Monday-Thursday 4:00pm -10:00pm
Friday-Saturday 4:00pm -1:00am
Sunday 4:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Wald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms are available to host group dinners, corporate meetings, rehearsal dinners, holiday dinner events, anniversary celebrations or even cocktail receptions. Built-in audiovisual included with private dining rooms. Group dinner menus & bar packages available.
- Private Party Contact: Ramon Sosa 7012779463
- Entertainment: Our House Band is The Dave Ferreira Trio. Members of the band are:
• David Ferreira - Keyboard & Vocals
• Jeremy Cahill - Bass
• Jim Knudson - Drums
They perform songs by the great songwriters such as Gershwin |Harold Arlen |Cole Porter | Antonio Carlos Jobim | Duke Ellington |plus many others in the tradition of a piano jazz trio. Other names to mention are Dave Brubeck | Billy Taylor | Bill Evans | Chick Corea.
Song styling is of Frank Sinatra |Tony Bennett |Mel Torme | Nat King Cole, and many others including Ella Fitzgerald | Billie Holiday | Sarah Vaughan | Lena Horne.
Music starts at 6:30 pm and goes until 9:00 pm. See you then!
A word from Maxwells
Maxwell’s is no ordinary experience. Maxwell's offers a relaxed environment, adventurous cuisine and professional service ‘with a personality.’ Superior food, drink and celebration are permanent features. With the region’s largest collection of wines, a diverse selection of beers of the world, and premium beverages, Maxwell’s is an exciting blend of your imagination and our unique casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Maxwells - Best Restaurants in Fargo ›
Maxwells reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- A Fargo Find!FargoVIPDined on 8/1/2014Superb experience. Wonderful food. Friendly front desk and wait staff. Far more than I would have expected in Fargo.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Maxwells reviews archive.
- Extremely good & innovative menuMayraVIPDined on 4/15/2014I came to Fargo from New York City on a business trip and had found Maxwells on Open Table. The service was extremely good. The decor and art work are interesting but unobtrusive. The meal was superb. I started with prosciutto wrapped scallops topped with small pieces of lobster in a succulent mild, red curry. My second course was a medium rare elk in a pepper, cherry sauce. And I managed to spare a tiny bit of room to have the cappucino creme brulee. The chef is from North Dakota, and the restaurant is managed by a terribly charming Mexican, Ramon Sosa, originally from Cozumel who has a degree in tourism management. The ladies room was stylish with nice floral accents and some lovely French hand cream. Lots of nice details everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014The hubby and I went for our 3 wedding anniversary. I made reservations on Open Table and asked to be seated in the bar because we like a more energetic atmosphere. The hostess was very polite and had a table reserved for us in the bar! Wait staff was excellent. Very knowledgeable and had great suggestions and pairings for us. Since it was a special occasion we were in no hurry and they did not rush us. We ordered one appetizer at a time with a bottle of wine before moving on to the main course. The staff was also great with the wine! The food met our Standards! Bacon wrapped scallops, Seared Ahi Tuna, Elk Steak and Lamb Chops all cooked perfect, and the Latte Creme Brule with an espresso cookie, a great finish!! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- If You Like Seak..This is ItLorenzoVIPDined on 4/1/2013Treated our sister and her husband here as the final dinner out together before flying back to New York the following day. We were seated right away and our server was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Our steaks were tender, succulent and delicious. Would recommend this place to others for a group function and as a nice couple date or in our case a double date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food; friendly service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2013The food is amazing! Try the Amish chicken, it is simply delicious (juicy, tender, well seasoned); the caramelized sweet potatoes are so good it's just like dessert :-). LOVE this restaurant!Special Features:
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2012Had the Blackened Walleye, not what you would receive in the south but remember, you are in North Dakota. The service was wonderful. Found the noise coming from the bar area distracting but it sounded like they were having fun.Special Features:
- Excellent!GinnySVIPDined on 8/27/2012A really great place in Fargo. Our appetizers and entrees were presented well and prepared perfectly. The bread pudding is REALLY good! A casual atmosphere with high-end value. The service we received from Ken was professional, attentive & friendly. Their wine list was not up-to-date and after 3 tries we were able to enjoy a wine of the same vintage as shown on the listing.
- Great dinner and brunch in FargoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2012Maxwells is one of my favorite restaurants in Fargo. The food is excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. They have a great wine list, and the bar management is wonderful. Their brunch is also fantastic! They have plenty of salads, warm entrees, and in addition to the mandatory omelette station, they feature made to order crepes.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2012From the time we walked in the door, until the time we walked out, we were treated like regulars. The service was impeccable. We never felt rushed; timing between appetizer, salad and main course was perfect. Our server was attentive, and our drinks never went empty. The wine list is extensive for a city the size of Fargo, and a wine spectator award winner to boot! Now on to the food! For an appetizer we had the lump meat crab cakes with tomato and avocado. Crab cakes are one of our favs, so every time we eat at a new place it’s the first thing we eat. I can honestly say these were the best crab cakes we have ever tasted. I had the grilled beef rib-eye with gorgonzola cheese. First of all I am a steak nut and usually not a fan oSpecial Features:
- Always a treat to visit MaxwellsHappyVIPDined on 4/25/2012Always a treat to visit Maxwells when I'm in Fargo. Excellent Food and Wine' served by an attentive and friendly wait staff. Look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great Brunch at MaxwellsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Had a superb Easter Bruch with great omelets and excellent lab at the carving table. Service was excellent. A bit more noisy, but the tables are arranged to assure a private dining experience. Definitely a repeater for meSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012We had jumbo lump crab cakes, scallops wrapped in bacon & topped w/ lobster & sauce. The Fillet Mignon was cooked to perfection & the potatoes were creamy & delicious. My fiancé chose the Surf & Turf, loved it! My guests enjoyed the stuffed chicken breast & fettuccine. Both were impressed & had a great time. It was my birthday so our table was located where it was quiet & private. Our server was attentive, friendly, & prompt. The wine list is unstoppable. Even our 18-month-old boy was entertained! A few friends @ the next table were there for the first time & after I stopped by to say hello, they had me try their dish to show me how wonderful it was! All in all, a fantastic night full of family, friends, great food, & fantastic service.Special Features:
- For a relatively small cityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012For a relatively small city this restaurant is a gem. Creative food, well prepared and presented. Good wine selection, great service,everyone very friendly. Will return anytime I am in the area.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/22/2011Wonderful restaurant. Great service, amazing food! (the meatloaf is to die for) and a fantastic atmosphere. Highly recommended.
- This was an unexpected pleasure!GDubsVIPDined on 11/26/2011This was an unexpected pleasure! Great ambiance -- and among the best service we've ever had ANYWHERE! The food was fantastic -- great balance of creativity and and great taste! Would definitely recommend this place! (And they were exceptionally nice to my 83-year old mother-in-law who was a a little apprehensive about the place!)Special Features:
- We are so fortunate to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011We are so fortunate to have WF Maxwells in the Fargo Moorhead area. Your cheese plates are awesome and the mushroom risotto is like heaven.Special Features:
- I can't wait for my returnBaileyVIPDined on 5/23/2011I can't wait for my return trip to eat here again! Wonderful food and service!
- What a wonderful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/20/2011What a wonderful surprise this restaurant turned out to be! From the outside it just looks like a stripmall but once you get inside it is an entirely different experience.A very upscale, trendy look. Soni took great care of us and her knowledge of the menu and wine recommendations were right on. The duck special was particularly tasty and the steak was superb. We were there for the marathon and I would highly reccomend this restaurant to anyone in the area. The manager even shook our hands and thanked us on the way out, a nice touch!Special Features:
- Great Place to eat, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2010Great Place to eat, but the venting of the hood's for the exhaust could be much better. Kind of stink's at times!Special Features:
- Awkward with no host to greetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2009Awkward with no host to greet at the door on a utterly vacant night. Location in "West Fargo" could be an issue for this otherwise quality restaurant. Probably will choose Sarello's in Moorhead next time for better FM dining experience. (wish they were on openable)Special Features: