148 East Central Street
Natick, MA 01760Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://maxwells148.com/
- Phone: (508) 907-6262
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
LUNCH: Tuesday - Friday from 12 noon to 2pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Italian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Maxwell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bridal & Baby Showers, Weddings, Corporate Meetings etc.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Area seats 16 people maximum at one table
- Private Party Contact: Randy Nason 5089076262
A word from Maxwells 148
Fine Dining Restaurant offering northern Italian and Southern Asian items. Located just outside Natick Center on Route 135.Continued
Join our E-Mail Club to receive special weekly promotions exclusive to our subscribers. Lunch and Dinner. Corporate Events snd private parties.
Join our E-Mail Club to receive special weekly promotions exclusive to our subscribers. Lunch and Dinner. Corporate Events snd private parties.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Maxwells 148 - Best Restaurants in Natick ›
Maxwells 148 reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (54)romantic (46)notable wine list (18)good for groups (15)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great place to go for special occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Service and food were excellent. Server was excellent! She exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone Will Find Something They Will LoveBruceVIPDined on 11/14/2014We felt very fortunate to have found this place, as we were visiting from out of town. Really three cuisines in one restaurant, i.e., Italian, Asian, and Steakhouse all under one roof, and based on our experience, all done very well. My sister raved about her pasta (Arrabiata), my wife's steak was done to perfection, and I loved my Shrimp Bam Bam, with its asian influence. Eggplant in lettuce cups provided a great appetizer start to the meal. And we got to meet the owner, who visited at every table. We'll be back next time we're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerNobleWolfDined on 11/11/2014Very enjoyable meal; waitress was great; food was excellent and so was service.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLoukewarmDined on 11/5/2014I had dined at Maxwells many times years ago prior to my shift to becoming vegetarian and found the experience to be very nice. I was recently given a substantial gift card and decided to give it a try again. I had no idea that dining in Natick would have mid-town NY prices. My appetizer was delicious, salad very nice but my tofu pad thai was VERY disappointing..........oh yes, and with a $24 price tag ? $7 dollars extra to add tofu ? I will absolutely continue to get my pad thai fix from Amarin in Wellesley where there is actually an abundance of flavor to it. Lastly, the service was OUTSTANDING !!! Our waitperson was absolutely perfect and should be recognized for his professionalism. He knew the menu in and out.
- Amazing experienceadg17VIPDined on 11/5/2014Some of the best food we have had in Boston. Noticed the unique menu and we were blown away by the quality of the service and the food. Great experience and we enjoyed everything we tried. Can't believe we hadn't been here before - this will be a regular spot for us going forward. Fantastic appetizers with unique flavors and combinations - risotto is not to be skipped. Ciopinno and Gnocchi were excellent - two dishes that can go so wrong, and this was done perfectly. Wait staff was attentive, well prepared and great vibe to the place. You can tell the owner and staff really take pride in their work and restaurant. Recommending this to everyone we know!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting wonderful, food fairsps1Dined on 11/1/2014A friend recommended Maxwells 148. Forgettable strip mall location outside, beautiful and very refined inside. Ambiance said "great dining here"! The Asian-Italian fusion menu was eclectic, creative, and left us filled with anticipation. Our waitress fueled this further with her deep knowledge of the details of each dish and her excitement while describing them. The food was.....mixed, and a disappointment. No subtlety to the flavors or seasonings, the sauces on many of our apps and entres were too rich, were ladled on with a heavy hand, and they overwhelmed the natural flavors of the food. Desserts were excellent, but the cappuccino was weak and lacked body. Dinner was pricy. We wanted to love Maxwells 148, but couldn't.Special Features:
- RobbieDined on 10/30/2014Nice ambiance and good service. A pleasant spot for dinner. Food rather mediocre and uninspiring. We all had pasta dishes which were not very interesting, and in fairness I suspect the pricier items would have been better and we really didn't give the place a reasonable trial. The calamari was very good, and the martini small but satisfactory. Not what we recalled from previous meals there and prices not in line with expected quality this time.
- Fabulous food in the suburbs!fancythis72VIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful dinner here. The food was outstanding! Every sauce was different and delicious. I liked the lobster tail special so much I would have liked to have another one. The mushroom risotto cake was great. The bread dish with the chili sauce was spicy and sweet. That sauce was addictive. My soy glazed salmon was one of the best salmon I have had.My husband thought his scallops were cooked just right and the sauce was great. Our waiter had personality and was great at checking on us and making suggestions without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very eclectic menu!AMB1Dined on 10/25/2014Wasn't sure what to expect with fusion Italian/Asian. But it all seemed to work. Food was great menu unique especially for suburban Natick MassachusettsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent. Our waiter was attentive and personable. The chef stopped by our table to ask if everything was to our satisfaction.Special Features:
- Second visit to Maxwels 148DaveDined on 10/25/2014My swordfish was great, but my mo wife thought her seafood was overlooked. Our waiter was very slow to attend us.Special Features:
- Going back again soon!foodiewannabeDined on 10/25/2014The service was outstanding! The food was delicious! I am going back again soon to try out the rest of the stuff on the menu. Everything looked good, but there is only so much you can eat in one sitting.Special Features:
- A keeper!anonymousVIPDined on 10/18/2014Such a pleasant surprise! I had heard good things about Maxwell's but was skeptical. The good reviews were well justified. We had a delicious meal and the staff couldn't have been nicer. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected grandeurLoriDined on 10/18/2014We were looking for someplace to eat that was near a concert we were attending in Natick, and stumbled upon Maxwells 148. I didn't know what to expect (except that it was "Italian and Asian", which sounded like an odd combination) but I was blown away by how special this restaurant was. We were seated by owner/chef Maxwell Mitchell himself, and he came over to our table to see how things were going, as well as coming by once to consult with my husband on the Scotch offerings. The ambiance is very elegant and beautiful, and the wait staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The service was top notch and the food was wonderful. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny - we'll certainly eat there again.Special Features:
- Delicious foodorlamarieDined on 10/17/2014We dined here last Friday night. We had a reservation for 6, and we were seated immediately. The food was delicious, with very good sized portions. The chips/bread basket was great too. Everyone enjoyed the range of cocktails we got also. Our server was enthusiastic, and very informed with the menu and all the specials. The only odd thing was that we weren't given menus until after we received our drinks, which was about 20 min after we sat. I'm not sure if the kitchen was running behind, but it made for a long dinner. If we had been in a hurry, we would have said something, but luckily, we had babysitters until 11pm!Special Features:
- Reliable SuburbanAlexVIPDined on 10/17/2014There are relatively few good restaurants in the suburbs, so it's nice to have one that's been around for 11 years. We were greeted as we entered by the chef, who has been there for many years. Service was very good throughout dinner - friendly, unobtrusive, and competent. Tomato and mozzarella salad was well done and a generous portion (all portions are on the large side). My wife was delighted with the salmon. My bang bang shrimp were good, though the sauce was a little on the sweet, goopy side. A banana chocolate cake was well done. Seating is comfortable, but we could hear a motor noise through the wall - not sure if this was some device in the kitchen or the A/C. Otherwise good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.LunchdinnerDined on 10/17/2014Maxwell's has kept up with the times, adjusting to new food trends, but still maintains the oldies but goodies. It is predictably good and one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaxwellsLocavoreDined on 10/15/2014Chicken Marsela was excellent. Catch in a bag was a little disappointing. (Not enough fish inside.) we will be back, though! Next time, will try another fish dish! Love how the actual chef, Maxwell, welcomes you to the restaurant. You'd never get THAT in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerDined on 10/11/2014We love maxwells. We go there often because the food and service are terrific. It's delicious, quiet, and fun.Special Features:
- Better than everDickVIPDined on 10/7/2014We're frequent guests because we love it. Hospitality this time was absolutely perfect.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantrichDined on 9/26/2014Have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. Food is great, well presented and service is outstanding. Our waitress was very helpful and energetic. The owner and chef came by several times to inquire how our meal was. Another great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014It's hard to understand why anyone would be dissatisfied with Maxwell's once you leave the parking lot and enter the lovely room. The atmosphere is calm, the service efficient and skillful, and the food reliably excellent. There's less of the noisy bustle that some consider necessary to convince themselves they're having a good time, but that's why there are sports bars. Maxwell's remains a prized oasis in the increasingly diversee restaurant scene of the western suburbs.Special Features:
- withappreciation42Dined on 9/24/2014I am so surprised that I have not tried this wonderful restaurant prior to Wednesday evening. I went there to pick up a donation and loved the atmosphere. I believe it will be a favorite from now onSpecial Features:
- Slip Sliding AwayMaxwellsFanVIPDined on 9/20/2014First ominous sign of a restaurant in decline...daily coupons and specials. Second sign... all new faces and the Chef/Owner running the front. The food is still quite good, but at the prices that are charged, service and ambiance need to follow. Rumors of a sale haven't stopped the faithful from coming back, but at some point I too, am going to stop coming to Maxwells because the good memories are quickly being overrun with current events.
- Nice place to try for one dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The food, wait staff and bartender were excellent, but it was annoying that there was no one to greet our party of six at the door. After a wait of several minutes we walked to bar for a drink. There was a gentleman in a chef's uniform walking around aimlessly, as if he was lost, just staring intensely at the customers. He should have greeted the customers or at least have a hostess take care of it. It sounds like a small thing, but this enhances the dining experience. Eventually, the bartender to our party to our table and handed out the menus. The place was half empty and there seemed to be too many waiters and waitresses just hanging around. We enjoyed the food, but we won't return. It is a nice place to try for one dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food great serviceWonderatLifeDined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed Maxwells. It was the perfect place for a special anniversary meal. The service was fabulous. The food was truly delicious. The atmosphere was perfect. And best of all it was easy to get to. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfyingSteveDined on 9/13/2014As I've said many times before, no-one gives great restaurant like Mitchell Maxwell. "Nuff said!!Special Features:
- pickyVIPDined on 9/6/2014we had the salad caprese which was good, the lobster gazpacho which was a little watery & had a few pieces of lobster floating in it, but no real lobster flavor, a ceasar salad which was very good. we had steaks which were cooked perfectly to request & the special veal chop which had the BEST sauce of lobster & mushrooms & wine but seems a little price ($58). the chop was very fatty with a large rind of fat around it which I believe should have been trimmed. Desserts were bread pudding with (unintentional) icy ice cream. excellent cappuccino. I think the cooking is always good, but sometimes the attention to detail is missing (such as trim the meat or defrost the ice cream).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedTomFDined on 9/6/2014I was nervous at first because the menu has some Asian items and Italian items. I have never seen such a menu but a co-worker recommended the restaurant so I figured we would try it out. The website says casual but people seemed dressed up. My two children (10 and 7) were the only kids in the entire place. They are always well behaved but I thought it worth mentioning - If yours are not very well behaved in a restaurant, you shouldn't bring them here. The food was great, even though the calamari was over cooked. The service was excellent. I would definitely recommend Maxwells 148!
- Spectacular!luvagr8mealVIPDined on 8/30/2014Best meal I've had in a long time! The caprese salad had homemade mozzarella and to die for yellow tomatoes. Had a linguini appetizer with a truffle sauce. For the main course boneless short ribs which melted in your mouth. wonderful evening!Special Features:
- D & K @ Maxwells 148DaveDined on 8/30/2014The menu has many interesting dishes of an Italian/Asian nature.We were very pleased with what we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJeffVIPDined on 8/30/2014The combination of Asian and Italian makes for a very interesting menu. Really like the small plates as an alternative to full appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always memorablechillybeansDined on 8/29/2014we love Maxwell's and are never disappointed. My martini with blue cheese stuffed olives was stellar, I had the restaurant week menu and was very happy with the shrimp scampi and a luscious chocolate terrine for dessert. The service was always was exceptional!!!Special Features:
- consistently very good.SandyDined on 8/28/2014The chef/owner is visible, friendly and helpful. Food is very good. Service is very nice.Special Features:
- great foodspdinnerDined on 8/21/2014Lobster Gnocci was delicious and the portion was very genorous. Special cocktails were very good. Ambiance was very romantic and you can tell they put thought into the decor. Defnitely will be back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wishing for "Max" potentialDiscerningTasteDined on 8/14/2014Love the food and ambiance, but still wishing that Mitchell Maxwell would consider keeping the kitchen and bar open past 9:00pm to draw more 30-somethings. Once again, my table closed down the place by 9:30pm on a Thursday night. The decor is swank but could use some hip background music or loungy seating near the bar - so much potential, so little vision.Special Features:
- Love this place!zendor26Dined on 8/12/2014We were greeted by Chef Maxwell and allowed to select the table of our choice. The service was attentive, friendly and helpful. The drink and wine selection was novel and expansive. We selected a bottle of wine that we enjoyed immensely and Chef Maxwell suggested entrees (cioppino and glazed salmon) that were fabulous and paired well with the wine. The dessert was lip-smacking and we had a dessert martini (caramel no less!) that we loved. Can not think of way that the evening could have been improved and are looking forward to our return.Special Features:
- Will be going back soon!!!!!Ilo0425Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went out to Maxwell for the first time and we will defiantly be returning soon! The staff was so kind and pleasant. Maxwell himself seated us down and asked how our dinner was going. I simply loved the expirience and our meal. Everything on the menu was fantastic!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks can be deceiving - great findWaylandFoodieDined on 8/9/2014This was the 3rd time I've been to this restaurant. The first time I went was about 2 years ago. I had never heard of it before but since it is in Natick, one town over from where I live, and had an interesting menu, I decided to check it out with a groupon. My husband and I LOVED it. The waiter was friendly and attentive without being intrusive, the food was amazing and the ambience lovely. The restaurant itself is in sort of mini strip mall, very non-descript and not in an attractive area. Had I not had a groupon and searched for this place, I wouldn't have noticed it, and if I had, I wouldn't have thought much of it and doubt I ever would have gone in. This place is a hidden gem. It has the feel of an up scale Boston restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great place for dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We had a really nice dinner at Maxwells 148. Although located in a less-than-lovely setting (in a short strip adjoined to a take-out pizza place), once you enter, this is a truly lovely restaurant with nice ambiance and wonderful service. Although we were waiting for additional guests to arrive, we were quickly ushered to our table and offered a drink. The menu was extensive and the server was friendly and knowledgeable (as there were many specials she had to describe in detail)! We were so caught up in conversation that at the end of the evening we had not realized that the restaurant had emptied around us, and yet they made no move to rush us along. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.