MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
214 Fairview St., Ste. 2
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxswinedive.com/houston-214-fairview-st/contact/
- Phone: 7135289200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11AM – 12AM
Tuesday – Thursday: 4PM – 12AM
Friday & Saturday: 10AM – 2AM
*MAX'S Brunch served Friday – Sunday, 10AM – 3PM.
*Industry Brunch served Monday 11AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael Pellegrino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Love the food at MAX’s Wine Dive and planning a special event? Why not have the best of both? MAX’s Wine Dive can cater all kinds of private and corporate events. Let our experienced staff do the work and create the perfect birthday, reunion, rehearsal dinner, graduation, wedding reception, corporate outing, happy hour, charity event…the list goes on and on! For more information, email us, email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Love the food at MAX’s Wine Dive restaurant and wine bar and planning a special event? Why not have the best of both? We can cater all kinds of private and corporate events. Let our experienced staff do the work and create the perfect event!
- Private Party Contact: Laura Jimenez 8669453142
A word from MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
At MAX’s Wine Dive it’s all about the EXPERIENCE. We’re passionate about food and wine - just like you! We pride ourselves on bringing you gourmet comfort food made from the highest-quality local ingredients in an exciting and unique atmosphere. In addition, we price our wines on a retail model - you can find amazing wines from around the world at the most competitive prices in town - and then take some home with you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St. - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St. reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (89)fit for foodies (80)great for brunch (79)neighborhood gem (78)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (38)special occasion (26)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (23)late-night find (19)romantic (15)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The ambiance was nice! The food was ok. I wish there would have been more options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedMontroseFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014$70 for a grilled cheese, an egg sandwich and 2 glasses of wine. Give me a break.
- Never disappointed..gr06Dined on 9/27/2014I've been to Max's quite a few times and the restaurant continues to provide the best service and great brunch offerings. My most recent visit will not be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very gooddeliveringVIPDined on 9/22/2014The place is good, wine list is rich and food is a surprise always, you can order whatever is in the menu, always is good. Only thing to mention is the music. Like in the other spot in Washington, sometimes is too loud.Special Features:
- Menu at Washington Street is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Don't get me wrong. Max's Wine Dive is a great restaurant; however, I did not expect the Washington and Fairview locations to have two different menus. I'm in love with the chicken and waffles that is served only at the Washington location.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was fun for a friends birthday, menu was a little confusing but the food overall was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never fails!sparooDined on 9/15/2014I love Max's Wine Dive on Fairview. This is def my "go to" restaurant in the neighborhood. The food is always great, the menu changes often enough to where there is always something I have not tried. The service is fantastic! They truly know what they are doing! Thank you again for a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- DisappointedBadbrunchDined on 9/14/2014No attention from server. Drank tea& they were out of sweetener. Greasy food.Special Features:
- Great brunch spot!!!gr06Dined on 9/14/2014I've never been disappointed. The wait staff is great and the food is on point!Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualhbhoneyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time and the weather was perfect for patio dining.Special Features:
- mmmmmjusthomas1911Dined on 9/7/2014Would not go back do to me making a Appt and they sitting us outsideSpecial Features:
- Awesome food, laid back atmosphere.notafoodieDined on 9/6/2014Stumbled upon MAX's last minute when the place we were headed was closed for a private party. Couldn't have been happier with the experience. Our server was incredibly knowledgeable on both food and wine (have wines by the glass, but will open most bottles if you are going to have at least two glasses). Loved the relaxed atmosphere, very refreshing and unexpected - perfect overall balance between noise level/music and the brightness inside. Fried chicken and shrimp and grits were phenomenal. I was reluctant to try the pulled pork stuffed peppers bc of the chimichurri, but very happy I did - they were great! Chimichurri is just drizzled along edges, was able to eat around it as the server promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for wine drinkersHolostoiVIPDined on 9/5/2014Thumbs up to the pate, wine options, and dessert. However, the fried chicken not up to the hype and mashed potatoes were cold. I would go back but recommend ordering of the seasonal entree side of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!Aubietx75VIPDined on 9/4/2014Can't go wrong this place never disappoints. Service is good and the good is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014My brother and I visited on Labor Day and it was great! I had heard wonderful things about their fried chicken so I decided to check out the location and it did not disappoint. It was their brunch crowd and it was a little packed when we first got there but people started thinning out. The music was great, the food was great, the service was excellent. $2.50 mimosas don't hurt either!Special Features:
- Overpriced, Mediocre FoodArchbackVIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Max's Wine Dive at least 6 times in the past year, both the Fairview and Washington locations. I really tried to like this place, but to no avail. I've tried the fried chicken, Max 'n Cheese, Brunch, Champaign Salad, and a few other options on the menu. Not impressed. Max's falls into the category of cuisine I call "Shock and Awe." Everything is over the top and over priced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food and service. Left my wallet there. Half way to Austin realized it. Drove back everything intact. First class and honest people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal slightly rushedFranklinVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner at Max's on Saturday, taking advantage of one of the last days of restaurant week. The meal was for the most part good, except they rushed us through a little for no real reason. We had a 7:30 res and were drinking plenty of wine, so the pacing seemed a little strange. Otherwise it was a good experience. I will definitely return, but perhaps we'll order our wine first and wait on the meal order a little.Special Features:
- Brunch at Max'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Had a great brunch; food was delicious; our server, Erin, was personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the wine of courseMichelledDined on 8/29/2014Had a great time here for restaurant week. Our server informed us of their wine specials and we walked out with 3 bottles at a great price. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service!MissyLeaDined on 8/29/2014Chandler was top notch! Made our evening! Knew his wine. Food was really good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodwinegirlDined on 8/28/2014This was my second and last time dining here. The fried chicken was terrible, however the mac & cheeses was great. The hot wings were so tough that I could not eat them I was so disappointed. The Chardonnay was buttery, smooth and delicious.Special Features:
- As always, super delicious!Agk1Dined on 8/24/2014This was our fifth time dining at Max's, but the first time to eat brunch. It was AMAZING. The quality and flavors of all our items were fabulous. Super great server (Grace.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Went for restaurant week. Menu choices were very good. Service was almost too fast, with courses coming while others were still being eaten. But the atmosphere was nice, very very loud, but fun.Special Features:
- The best fried chicken ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We visited Max's Wine Dive for the Houston Restaurants Week. Arrived and found out we had made our reservation for the wrong day. The hostess graciously informed us of our blunder and we were seated in 20 minutes. We choose 2 different items for each course. The Caesar and watermelon salads were good. The Not your Momma Nachos were surprisingly tasty. The pulled pork stuffed peppers were melt in your mouth fabulous. For our entrees, we choose the famous fried chicken and the signature blend burger. There can not be any better fried chicken or burger in existence. The collard greens and mashed potatoes that came with the chicken were out of this world. We fought for the last bite. The burger was very tender and full of flavor. Best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyJennDined on 8/22/2014Always a great place, and for restaurant weeks, it had a great special. Service was great at first, but diminished as the night went on.Special Features:
- Yummm!FUFBDined on 8/22/2014The Max & Cheese was outstanding! The Service friendly and knowledgable!Special Features:
- My Birthdaythouston826Dined on 8/20/2014I was there to celebrate my upcoming birthday with friends. We had wonderful service and are planning to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not enough wine!AggieAngieDined on 8/20/2014Food was very good! Wait staff pleasant. Wine service not excellent. Most glasses served were NOT filled to a normal sized glass of wine. Very short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Washington locationMattyBDined on 8/19/2014Elegantly funky setting, more spacious and slightly less noisy than Washington location. (Although both are too loud for the visiting we wanted to do). Food is imaginative and yummy. Way better than one expects from bar food. Service is the right mix of attentive and friendly without interrupting our fun. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HRW '14AllIdoisEatDined on 8/18/2014Took the opportunity to try this place out for HRW this year. Tried my friend's Fried Egg Sandwich and it was to die for! Was pretty happy with my food(I had the oyster nachos, caesar salad, and fried chicken as main course) The only exception was the dessert I picked. "Birthday Cake in a Glass" was disappointing. Was pleased with the service and ambiance/environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu a delightWino4SureDined on 8/17/2014Pulled pork and oyster starters were really yummy and the fried chicken main course is always a delight restaurant week or not. The kitchen was a little slow, but the server made up for it with a really great attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Comfortdeeonly1Dined on 8/17/2014Great place to get comfort food. I had the chicken wings and donuts; which is a nice spin off of the traditional chicken and waffles. Not for the faint of heart or anyone trying to watch their calories. Need a good cheat meal, sunday brunch here is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waittressBellaireFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014But everything else is just above average. Great if you like heavy food and want to fill up.Special Features:
- Great BrunchAliWDined on 8/17/2014I took my mother and grandmother here for brunch last Sunday and we had a great time. The chicken fried lobster and mac and cheese were so good! It was my first time at this location and it was great and not too crowded.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014This is my second visit to this Max's location. As usual with Max's, the food, service and wine was great. The staff is very accommodating and very friendly. I dined with a group for Houston's Restaurant Weeks, and we had a great time. Just FYI, if you are dining with a party of more than 6, the bill cannot be split, but that was not a problem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicerocketgirlDined on 8/16/2014Erin was our waitress and she made the whole night great. She was attentive and knowledgeable about the food and wine... She was a great representative for the restaurant. We had the restaurant week menu which was awesome. A great selection of their classics at a reasonable price. We had the famous fried chicken and the Mac and cheese... The brownie dessert was our fave. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experienceEmpress1908Dined on 8/16/2014My first time visiting this spot was a great experience. Food was great and we received great service. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLadyofthelakeDined on 8/15/2014Great food and drinks. A girls night out to remember. Will be going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, Friendly Staff, OK FoodLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/13/2014First time to visit this relatively new Max's location and brought another couple along for the experiment. We arrived to an empty resturaurant at 6pm and were quickly seated in the back. Within an hour, every table was full. The noise level is significant here (sound appears NOT designed for the space, just used two monster speakers as opposed to small, more distributed speakers) so table conversations were strained. Clearly the place is appropriately named Wine Dive with an extensive and robust wine list. The wait staff attends weekly wine classes and are knowledgable and experienced with the vast selections. Although known for their odd food combinations, the combinations seemed uninspired and weak. The normal menu lacks diversity.Special Features: