MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
214 Fairview St., Ste. 2
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.maxswinedive.com/houston-214-fairview-st/contact/
- Phone: (713) 528-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11AM – 12AM
Tuesday – Thursday: 4PM – 12AM
Friday & Saturday: 10AM – 2AM
*MAX'S Brunch served Friday – Sunday, 10AM – 3PM.
*Industry Brunch served Monday 11AM-3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Michael Pellegrino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Love the food at MAX’s Wine Dive and planning a special event? Why not have the best of both? MAX’s Wine Dive can cater all kinds of private and corporate events. Let our experienced staff do the work and create the perfect birthday, reunion, rehearsal dinner, graduation, wedding reception, corporate outing, happy hour, charity event…the list goes on and on! For more information, email us, email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Love the food at MAX’s Wine Dive restaurant and wine bar and planning a special event? Why not have the best of both? We can cater all kinds of private and corporate events. Let our experienced staff do the work and create the perfect event!
- Private Party Contact: Laura Jimenez 8669453142
A word from MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St.
At MAX’s Wine Dive it’s all about the EXPERIENCE. We’re passionate about food and wine - just like you! We pride ourselves on bringing you gourmet comfort food made from the highest-quality local ingredients in an exciting and unique atmosphere. In addition, we price our wines on a retail model - you can find amazing wines from around the world at the most competitive prices in town - and then take some home with you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St. - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
MAX's Wine Dive Houston - Fairview St. reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
notable wine list (80)neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (77)great for brunch (68)hot spot (44)great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (28)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (24)romantic (22)late-night find (21)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014I much prefer this Max's location to any of the others - and yes, I've been to them all. The vibe is relaxed and cool and the wooden walls make the place just a tab bit more quiet so I can at least hear the person sitting across from me. The food, while spendy, is awesome enough to justify the cost. If you have been put off by the scene at Max's on Washington, this may be more your style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Night OutMegsDined on 11/18/2014Food was amazing. A girlfriend and I shared the Truffle Fries, side order of Max n Cheese, 1/2 order of Oysters (AMAZING BTW) and Fried Chicken Sliders. The Max n Cheese and Oysters were my favorite. I would have tried the Fried Chicken as that's what they're known for but we wanted to sample several items and not eat as much since we were going out on the town afterwards. Great food, great atmosphere, and nice wine selection. Will definitely be going back to try that fried chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014We had the Fried Egg sandwich, the drunken bread and the fried chicken. AMAZING. Loved every bite. We were there around 5pm on a weekday, so it wasn't too crowded or loud, but the seating area is a little limited so if you don't like to be close to other diners or are bothered by noise... come early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friend chicken and Mac and cheese are great.DeejayDined on 11/15/2014Great food, wine and service. I will go back and take friends to enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014I've been to Max's Wine dive on washington before and absolutely loved their southern fried chicken. I tried it at the Montrose location and the chicken was not even warm and definitely did not taste fresh. After barely touching my food, I hoped the brownie dessert would be better. However, once again, it was not even warm. I told the waiter about both issues and the brownie was comped, but will not be back again.
- Great food and vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014Max's has an eclectic menu and never fails to impress regardless of what you order. The champagne and chicken is a staple that everyone must try. The max and cheese appie is heavy but tastes amazing - highly recommend you order it to share among 2 - 4 people. The wine list is extensive we. We stayed on a budget and ordered a wine from the tap and it was good. It's cozy in the restaurant and can get loud but it's full of energy and is a fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DBLKYODined on 11/14/2014My service was very nice. The only thing if I had to complain about something was he seemed busy. I never got a refill on my ice tea. It was no big deal because I had water. The food was great so it didnt matter much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014Nice place to get a casual meal and the staff was very knowledgeable about the different wines they have on their menu.
- Good but heavycawineoVIPDined on 11/7/2014The menu is full of creative dishes but all items are pretty heavy and not overly healthy although all fresh ingredients.... We generally like to share items and balance something special and calorie rich (like the lamb shepherd's pie YUM) with something a bit lighter. That wasn't an option here. But a very fun atmosphere and friendly service (albeit a bit slow due to the large crowd).Special Features:
- Friendly and TastyFrequentDinersDined on 11/7/2014Although I live ~2 min. away from Max's on Washington, I'll drive to this location from now on. More spacious, less crowded, same tasty food and gracious and accommodating staff. Although the cost is a bit steep, the overall experience is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightCasperDined on 11/1/2014Great for something different on date night. Really enjoyed the fall menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely AccommodatingsparooVIPDined on 10/15/2014After getting to Max's, I realized that there were some changes to our group size. The folks were so accommodating and ensured that despite the changes, we would be ok. This again, was another great experience and a great night out! The people at Max's Wine Dive - Fairview do what they can do to ensure that you are comfortable and having a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh, Stick to Washington AvesushiloverVIPDined on 10/12/2014not sure how a restaurant chain has hey uniquely different food taste but the Max's wine dive location on Fairview manages to accomplish that. Known for its delicious fried chicken list, Maxs on Fairview seems to be lacking the flavor its sister on Washington Avenue has. nonetheless, it is a nice neighborhood gem with more space than it's Houston counterpart. Go to this location for the space, artwork and less noise. Go to the ither for flavor.Special Features:
- great food & servicemontrealDined on 10/10/2014I have been on several occasions , nothing disappoints from the valet parking , to the host/hostess , to our server and finally the food and beverage , always a fun experience , whoever runs the kitchen and manages the front of the house .... continue the great work , your guests are noticing and coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , better wineG500Dined on 10/5/2014Late harvest Merlot is great! Food is always good each location has a classic menu that's the same food and a chef menu with different seasonal dishes the turkey fried chicken is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2trynewspotsDined on 10/4/2014Had a great time at this location. It was quaint and vibrant at the same time. Wine list is outstanding. Chicken and Collard greens was excellent. We had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014The ambiance was nice! The food was ok. I wish there would have been more options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedMontroseFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014$70 for a grilled cheese, an egg sandwich and 2 glasses of wine. Give me a break.
- Never disappointed..gr06Dined on 9/27/2014I've been to Max's quite a few times and the restaurant continues to provide the best service and great brunch offerings. My most recent visit will not be my last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very gooddeliveringVIPDined on 9/22/2014The place is good, wine list is rich and food is a surprise always, you can order whatever is in the menu, always is good. Only thing to mention is the music. Like in the other spot in Washington, sometimes is too loud.Special Features:
- Menu at Washington Street is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Don't get me wrong. Max's Wine Dive is a great restaurant; however, I did not expect the Washington and Fairview locations to have two different menus. I'm in love with the chicken and waffles that is served only at the Washington location.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was fun for a friends birthday, menu was a little confusing but the food overall was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never fails!sparooVIPDined on 9/15/2014I love Max's Wine Dive on Fairview. This is def my "go to" restaurant in the neighborhood. The food is always great, the menu changes often enough to where there is always something I have not tried. The service is fantastic! They truly know what they are doing! Thank you again for a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- DisappointedBadbrunchDined on 9/14/2014No attention from server. Drank tea& they were out of sweetener. Greasy food.Special Features:
- Great brunch spot!!!gr06Dined on 9/14/2014I've never been disappointed. The wait staff is great and the food is on point!Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualhbhoneyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a great time and the weather was perfect for patio dining.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedWork2HardDined on 9/12/2014Went to Max's after reading the buzz. Food was good, but not a big deal. They need to go easier on the AC at the Fairview location.Special Features:
- mmmmmjusthomas1911Dined on 9/7/2014Would not go back do to me making a Appt and they sitting us outsideSpecial Features:
- Awesome food, laid back atmosphere.notafoodieDined on 9/6/2014Stumbled upon MAX's last minute when the place we were headed was closed for a private party. Couldn't have been happier with the experience. Our server was incredibly knowledgeable on both food and wine (have wines by the glass, but will open most bottles if you are going to have at least two glasses). Loved the relaxed atmosphere, very refreshing and unexpected - perfect overall balance between noise level/music and the brightness inside. Fried chicken and shrimp and grits were phenomenal. I was reluctant to try the pulled pork stuffed peppers bc of the chimichurri, but very happy I did - they were great! Chimichurri is just drizzled along edges, was able to eat around it as the server promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for wine drinkersHolostoiVIPDined on 9/5/2014Thumbs up to the pate, wine options, and dessert. However, the fried chicken not up to the hype and mashed potatoes were cold. I would go back but recommend ordering of the seasonal entree side of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!Aubietx75VIPDined on 9/4/2014Can't go wrong this place never disappoints. Service is good and the good is better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014My brother and I visited on Labor Day and it was great! I had heard wonderful things about their fried chicken so I decided to check out the location and it did not disappoint. It was their brunch crowd and it was a little packed when we first got there but people started thinning out. The music was great, the food was great, the service was excellent. $2.50 mimosas don't hurt either!Special Features:
- Overpriced, Mediocre FoodArchbackVIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been to Max's Wine Dive at least 6 times in the past year, both the Fairview and Washington locations. I really tried to like this place, but to no avail. I've tried the fried chicken, Max 'n Cheese, Brunch, Champaign Salad, and a few other options on the menu. Not impressed. Max's falls into the category of cuisine I call "Shock and Awe." Everything is over the top and over priced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food and service. Left my wallet there. Half way to Austin realized it. Drove back everything intact. First class and honest people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal slightly rushedFranklinVIPDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner at Max's on Saturday, taking advantage of one of the last days of restaurant week. The meal was for the most part good, except they rushed us through a little for no real reason. We had a 7:30 res and were drinking plenty of wine, so the pacing seemed a little strange. Otherwise it was a good experience. I will definitely return, but perhaps we'll order our wine first and wait on the meal order a little.Special Features:
- Brunch at Max'sWCR75Dined on 8/30/2014Had a great brunch; food was delicious; our server, Erin, was personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the wine of courseMichelledDined on 8/29/2014Had a great time here for restaurant week. Our server informed us of their wine specials and we walked out with 3 bottles at a great price. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service!MissyLeaDined on 8/29/2014Chandler was top notch! Made our evening! Knew his wine. Food was really good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodwinegirlDined on 8/28/2014This was my second and last time dining here. The fried chicken was terrible, however the mac & cheeses was great. The hot wings were so tough that I could not eat them I was so disappointed. The Chardonnay was buttery, smooth and delicious.Special Features:
- As always, super delicious!Agk1Dined on 8/24/2014This was our fifth time dining at Max's, but the first time to eat brunch. It was AMAZING. The quality and flavors of all our items were fabulous. Super great server (Grace.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.